Maintenance: October 10th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post
The forums are usually off as soon as the maintenance starts. I think they'll stay up!

It looks the website will be staying up throughout maintenance. I will leave the messaging as is though just in case the team needs to bring it down.

You can expect patch notes around the time maintenance is scheduled to conclude (12PM Central). I will post here if they go up earlier than that!

-eric

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks the website will be staying up throughout maintenance. I will leave the messaging as is though just in case the team needs to bring it down.

You can expect patch notes around the time maintenance is scheduled to conclude (12PM Central). I will post here if they go up earlier than that!

-eric

Sure but you couldn't be bothered to try, respond to and resolve the CXP situation that people are unhappy about?

You mean dailies substract CXP from us?

That would be something. "New Galactic Command feature: Go back to rank 1 and enjoy the way to 300 anew."

Yes. That seems like something that would happen. Keith will of course have used his dev tools to remain at 300 with his 1200 alts.

3 more hours before the 12 hour BONUS MAINTENANCE GAIZ!!

Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric

This effectively kills running any dailies. Even with a 100% booster, and double exp week you would only get 312 cxp per daily down from @2300. You could run every daily that gave the bonus and get less then 1/8th the cxp. Its just not worth the time sink anymore and after 2x exp weeks ends its not worth doing it on any leve

I wont deny the bugged amount was high, but I have been using the 100% boost, bought the legacy boosts and have been grinding the daily areas for over 2 weeks and I am still not to 300 cxp. I think I hit 229 or so last night. You say you get that some people like to play solo or play the game the want to but how do you get CXP now? It seems the only way to earn it in a value for your time spent forces you to run group content. But what if your time to play is when the servers are light and forming a group takes forever or not at all. Do you guys think its fun on any level to log in, wait wait wait, no group, log off? Or waste so much time forming a group you can only have the time to run 1 group thing for the day? If your hinging this on merging servers to greatly improve queues then you should have waited until you did that or until you came up with a better way to earn cxp and not effectively kill the game for some of us.

Is there any new content coming with update 5.5

Otherwise we can pretty much guess the patch notes.

Hightlights:

Class Balance! (i.e. if your class wasn't nerfed last update it is now)

GSF Balance (i.e. Bombers and Gunships have been nerfed)

CXP Balance (i.e. Dailies now give 75 CXP now)

Increased Bolster (i.e. not as much as ungeared PvPers wanted and more than Pvpers that have the gear think was fair, to ensure that nobody was happy)

In depth Changes

Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf.

You can now Customise Theron, oh whoops our bad lol.

Some minor bug fixes which probably only effect .001% of players who are playing very old content.

I figure there must be some new content as Keith has said they were all heads down hard and work, while it has been mentioned things were moved around from patch 5.5 and 5.6 and that would appear that in effect any content was shuffled out of 5.5 and nothing was brought forward from 5.6.

I also understand hardware and software is being updated so it will be nice to see how this will improve the user experience, it sure isn't shorted down time as 5 hours is the least down time that players will see.

They're just deciding what doesn't get mentioned this time.....until someone calls them out on it like last time.

"Oh sorry, we forgot that bit. Adding it (back) now."

As usual. Like silence, when players ask "inconvenient" questions, as a pathetic lie about the importance of feedback. :D

Edited by xRohanx

I hope there will be an exciting new direct sale today, such as Primeval Stalker or the Sensuous Dress. Make us happy Eric.🎅

No please, I'm already struggling to find an original outfit with the Primeval Stalker torso, I've farmed enough credit for it, don't give it to everybody else D:

just kidding, still waiting for an actual discount on the CM though. We all know that those "2000CC instead of 2500 !" are just for peoples to buy stuff. it's been almost a year and Character Tokens still have their original discount :rak_03:

Don't know if you've seen this image, where a pair of shoes has a 100£ ticket on it and nobody wants it. Next you see someone replacing the ticket with a "50% discount, 100£ only !" and everybody rush for it. :rolleyes:

There hoping if they kill off the daily areas, and merge servers everyone will have no other option but to queue for pvp or group content making it seem like the game is alive and well as there will truly be no other means to gain cxp.

This effectively kills the game for me. With my job, 2 kids, wife and a sick mom, I do not have the time to join a group queue, wait wait wait for it to pop, run a group mission for much less exp then doing the dailies. Doing solo stuff for me works right now as I can walk away from the keyboard anytime I need to handle something at home. Committing to a group activity means I cant, and again with my situation that's kills this game for me.

I get its an MMO, but making group content my only viable option is just not right. Sadly I will never have the time to run ops which at least seem to reward a solid amount of cxp. Everything else for time vs reward is terrible.

This isn't trying to get to level 70, your trying to get to 300 and rewarding 78 cxp? Seriously?

No please, I'm already struggling to find an original outfit with the Primeval Stalker torso, I've farmed enough credit for it, don't give it to everybody else D:

just kidding, still waiting for an actual discount on the CM though. We all know that those "2000CC instead of 2500 !" are just for peoples to buy stuff. it's been almost a year and Character Tokens still have their original discount :rak_03:

Don't know if you've seen this image, where a pair of shoes has a 100£ ticket on it and nobody wants it. Next you see someone replacing the ticket with a "50% discount, 100£ only !" and everybody rush for it. :rolleyes:

I see those on Amazon quite often. Those sales that aren't really sales. When you get an addon you can see the price changes up to last year or something.

They can't fool me!:rak_06:

Trying to wrestle the Jack Daniels off of the lead coder more like.

about this time its the typical meet and greet ritual that happens at a dog park...sniffing each others butts for a few hours, then making a few circles in 1 spot to find a place to lay day. Then comes the undeserved 4 hr union break. Basically its a repeated process from above all day long until they clock out.:D

What are you hiding from us by not putting out patch notes before the servers went down, Keith?

Obviously the patch note will include things that work are nerfed aka broken and things that are broken are still broken and ignored. Nothing new from creative dev team..ssdd

I see those on Amazon quite often. Those sales that aren't really sales. When you get an addon you can see the price changes up to last year or something.

They can't fool me!:rak_06:

I feel that pain, I do group up for fp's but not ops and I don't do pvp, all the best to those who love it. But they need to raise cxp for daily areas.

There hoping if they kill off the daily areas, and merge servers everyone will have no other option but to queue for pvp or group content making it seem like the game is alive and well as there will truly be no other means to gain cxp.

This effectively kills the game for me. With my job, 2 kids, wife and a sick mom, I do not have the time to join a group queue, wait wait wait for it to pop, run a group mission for much less exp then doing the dailies. Doing solo stuff for me works right now as I can walk away from the keyboard anytime I need to handle something at home. Committing to a group activity means I cant, and again with my situation that's kills this game for me.

I get its an MMO, but making group content my only viable option is just not right. Sadly I will never have the time to run ops which at least seem to reward a solid amount of cxp. Everything else for time vs reward is terrible.

This isn't trying to get to level 70, your trying to get to 300 and rewarding 78 cxp? Seriously?

Sorry the wrong quote went up I feel that pain however, sadly daily areas will be a ghost town now.

-eric

Hey Eric

Just wanted clarification on what's happened as I have logged in after the patch, as I might have missed some important details and might need some help clearing the air on it.

So I have just patched going into 5.5. Made some characters on the other servers over the last few days getting them ready for the Double XP week that we are about to have. The Red Eclipse, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and on French servers and was beginning to broaden to a couple of other servers here and there.

However I have logged, patched, servers are still down.... yet I only see 5 of them, and most of them are not even there. For example, the Red Eclipse server is...... not there.

Is there any reason for this? I was unaware this was happening, and had been under the impression any structural changes were taking place 2 weeks from now on the 24th.

Is something being tested in the background as to why I am only seeing "The Progenitor, Battle Meditation, Begeren Colony, Darth Nihilus and Mantle of the Force" servers?

Sorry if there is something I missed earlier on.

With them nerfing daily cxp back down to a pathetic 75, I will not be going there anymore and they will turn back into ghost town areas. You would think they would have gotten a clue with how the bug increased activity, but no. Back to pushing the same old broken idea that has killed populations off.

Even with the legacy perk maxed the cxp will be a pathetic joke. Done with this, no reason to sub, runs out later this month. Not enough new solo content to interest me and what there is, like Iokath, is badly done.

Trying to use CXP to push everybody into pvp did not work with me, pushing me out of the game instead. Used to pvp in various MMOs but I just do not enjoy it at all.