Maintenance: October 10th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was it part of the update plan to cut the CXP rewards from the Daily heroics? CZ, Yavin, Black Hole, etc. They only give the same as the daily planet heroics for supply crates. At "double" the rate, t's 150cxp, which is less than a tenth of what we were getting before today. So now the only way to get any meaningful CXP is by doing Operations and PVP. It really feels like they're trying to push everyone into doing PVP as a requirement to progress.

Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric

What the hell? You said for weeks you weren't going to nerf it. When people got mad because you were talking about balancing cxp you responded by saying you just meant you were going to make other areas also give good cxp, not nerf the daily area. Daily areas being at 1250 wasn't even great as it was. You had to do every daily in the galaxy every day for well over a week to get a toon from 1 to 300, which got real old real fast. Buffing other missions to have similar reward for time invested would only have broken up the monotony of the grind, not eliminated the grind.

And don't use the buff of the legacy perk as an excuse. For one, you have to get 4 toons up to 300 just to get it in the first place, and once you do it only buffs cxp for toons below rank 300. And on top of that, it doesn't give nearly the same amount of cxp per time invested.

Devs- "we need to balance cxp."

Players- "Don't nerf dailies. Just buff everything else. The grind is still way too long and arduous."

Devs- "Ok, we'll buff everything else... promise..."

Players- "You nerfed dailies by 94%?!?!?!"

Devs- "But now the perk gives you +100% (if you go through the grind 4 times already and it only applies to toons under 300 so forget using it to make kitting out toons in tier 4 any easier)

Players- "oh my bad, you nerfed dailies by 88% and buffed everything else from eye-gaugingly slow to wrist cuttingly slow... THAT'S STILL AN 88% NERF TO DAILIES WHICH NEEDED TO BE BUFFED IF ANYTHING!!!! And what about my toons that were already rank 300 that were missing a 248 armor piece or relic? It's still a 94% nerf for them and no buff."

What the hell? You said for weeks you weren't going to nerf it.

They have always said they where nerfing it

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9400015&postcount=54

And nerf was going to occur with 5.5

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9409648&postcount=1

They where going to look at ways to have increased CXP from the default amount though and are still looking i would say.

Edited by OwenBrooks

All I've seen recently were...

Unnecessary nerfs to the characters I play

You'll get extra CXP if you have multiple 300's.... failing to mention not all of them will count for some daft reason.

Removal of any hope of ever getting to CR 300 unless you do the things you've done to death for 10 times longer

Some pointless fiddling with the UI to sell me things I don't buy

Extortion to continue sub or lose beloved character names

Broken promises e.g. 'We'll do something to make up for the 5.4a downtime fiasco -esp for our European players - and then never mentioning it again'.

But hey, we have no new content for you so we need you to carry on doing the same old, same old again anyway while we charge you for it and then demand more from the players for some cosmetic junk. Lemme think, shall I spend my money on a one use dye or a new game, hmmm, tough choice.

I honestly don't think in 20 years I've ever seen an MMO run so badly, so utterly out of touch with what the players want / expect / pay for.

Communication is pathetic, frequently asked questions are ignored, or misleading answers are provided.

And you wonder why players get upset and leave.

All I've seen recently were...

Unnecessary nerfs to the characters I play

You'll get extra CXP if you have multiple 300's.... failing to mention not all of them will count for some daft reason.

Removal of any hope of ever getting to CR 300 unless you do the things you've done to death for 10 times longer

Some pointless fiddling with the UI to sell me things I don't buy

Extortion to continue sub or lose beloved character names

Broken promises e.g. 'We'll do something to make up for the 5.4a downtime fiasco -esp for our European players - and then never mentioning it again'.

But hey, we have no new content for you so we need you to carry on doing the same old, same old again anyway while we charge you for it and then demand more from the players for some cosmetic junk. Lemme think, shall I spend my money on a one use dye or a new game, hmmm, tough choice.

I honestly don't think in 20 years I've ever seen an MMO run so badly, so utterly out of touch with what the players want / expect / pay for.

Communication is pathetic, frequently asked questions are ignored, or misleading answers are provided.

And you wonder why players get upset and leave.

Exactly!

Uhm you do realise that the current Double CXP, XP and Warzone event that is going on now is an extra, not planned one that is our compensation for the time we lost then? I am angry at the CXP alt mirror issue as well but I won't ever stand for misinformation. We are getting another double CXP, XP and Warzone event when the United Forces server merges come live on November 8th, another extra initially unplanned event as compensation for the time we lost during the 5.4a fiasco.

So as you see we get 2 events in return while they originally scheduled for the Double event to return for the holidays in December. While I get your anger and frustration, please don't spread misinformation and give the devs credit when it's due. They really gave us great compensation for the time we lost with the 5 4a debacle.

Edited by Ylliarus

Awesome, if you're happy to take double of nothing then I am pleased for you. Does it compensate for the 2-3 days we lost of doubled increased daily gains, maybe, debatable. Does it compensate for 2-3 days of no / extremely disrupted service in the EU, not in the slightest. Keith seemed to think he could get away with providing a dozen one use codes and say we'll do something in the future - especially for the Europeans who lost so much time, and then.... *crickets chirping*

The point was... they make grand statements about we'll do this and this and this, and then do nothing of the sort, whilst all the while doing their level best to remove fun from the game.

They have always said they where nerfing it

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9400015&postcount=54

And nerf was going to occur with 5.5

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9409648&postcount=1

They where going to look at ways to have increased CXP from the default amount though and are still looking i would say.

Relatively new to posting so not sure how to link the quote, but here's the copypasta

"You're actually reading way too much into that part of my post as we all agree with the sentiment everyone has communicated. Overall, we concur with the comments about CXP rates, incentives, and having areas of the game with high CXP values is very motivational. We also fully understand the positive impact it has had for everyone.

We know if Daily Areas are the only place to get great CXP, then rest of the content in the game gets ignored and eventually everyone will burn out. Hence, we need to make sure you can benefit from all areas of the game. We're reviewing when we can get that effort done.

-Keith--"

Basically confirming what Qaballa said about them not communicating or being misleading or breaking promises.

Awesome, if you're happy to take double of nothing then I am pleased for you. Does it compensate for the 2-3 days we lost of doubled increased daily gains, maybe, debatable. Does it compensate for 2-3 days of no / extremely disrupted service in the EU, not in the slightest. Keith seemed to think he could get away with providing a dozen one use codes and say we'll do something in the future - especially for the Europeans who lost so much time, and then.... *crickets chirping*

The point was... they make grand statements about we'll do this and this and this, and then do nothing of the sort, whilst all the while doing their level best to remove fun from the game.

Actually since we already had +25% it's only 60% more than what we are at, not 100%.

But hey, at least it's not the worst 3/5ths compromise ever made.

Edited by MadFarflungRock