Hot Prospect Name Concerns

EricMusco

I wish the new server names were more faction/side of the Force neutral. Way too many dark side names. I'd have liked to see something like Lightsaber, The Force, Beskar'gam, etc. instead of Sith/Jedi names. Or if it has to be names, things like Revan (without the Darth title), Meetra Surik or Jedi Exile, etc. that can be seen as neutral (depending on how you played the KOTORs) would have been better. I just hope the dark names won't inspire even more people to play the Empire on servers where player count is lopsided towards the Imperial side as it is (and also vice-versa for light names). I guess it is what it is, I just hope it doesn't affect things negatively.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You DO realise that urban dictionary is very well known for giving sexual meanings to quite literally EVERY PHRASE? And they are usually incredibly graphic. And occasionally hilarious xD

What's even more stupid is that it only has 125 likes, this word was never a thing and will never be one.

It's like someone deliberately wanted to see if it was something bad and found the most irrelevant slang word that shouldn't even be called slang to prove a pointless point.

Edited by Eshvara

Who cares that my enjoyment of the game has being completely destroyed?

I know I don't care. Good to know your history of pointless trolling here, though. What a sad excuse for an existence you must lead IRL.

Anyway, time for me to go back to playing the game I actually do enjoy, and will enjoy even more now that I know I don't have a completely crappy server name to put up with when the mergers happen. Toodles :D

Quite possibly I just hate people who complain over stupid crap and end up getting game changes that affect people who might not have wanted those changes.

You know, like getting the Tracer Missile animation changed.

But who cares right? Who cares if someone wanted to play the game it was originally designed to be? Who cares if the only reason I even started playing this game in the first place was for that animation? You don't want to have to bend over. Gotta fix that asap. Forget the lack of end-game content at the time. You don't want to have to bend over.

Who cares that my enjoyment of the game has being completely destroyed? You don't want to have to bend over.

I rest my case. :cool:

Edited by AscendingSky

Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

Oh my, someone's feelings might get hurt. Usually people who don't even play the game. That alone makes a pure and utter joke.

But wait, wasn't it too hard to change the names? That was said in the stream (which, by itself, made me wonder how utterly incompetent you guys are when you can't even to something as simple as that.) But suddenly it's possible? MAGIC!

What does this remind me of. Oh yeah, when EA Maxis said that making animal animations is too hard for Sims 4. But then, when they decided to fleece players with less content for more money, suddenly, animated animals aren't too hard!

You fit into EA. Birds of a feather...

Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

This is a great decision! Thank you for listening to the SWTOR community.

Of course no one will ever stop them fully, but that doesn't mean people should just sit around and tolerate them. Yes, ignoring is the best option we have currently but that doesn't mean we can't urge and motivate the developers to create an ever better option for us in the (near) future. Sitting by idly will never help anything :)

/Like

My life.

I was raped as a child.

Struggling all my life to get over depression and paranoia caused by said rape.

Finally get over depression, then two best friends commit suicide. Back to depression, with added suicidal tendencies.

Spend next 4 years getting over depression, while having to drop out of college 5 times due to said depression.

Finally get over depression a 2nd time, doing great in college until epileptic seizures set in, have to drop out again.

Give up on life entirely, completely drained of all mental and emotional strength and willpower.

Such a sad pitiful life. The original tracer missile animation was the only thing I've found any joy in in 10 years.

But who cares right? You don't want to have to bend over.

Things to consider about your post; and please note I am not making any value judgments about you as a person, I am merely passing comment on your comments, and how they could affect the game.

1) We have no way of knowing if any of that is true. Yes, I've personally known people with equally harrowing life stories, but none of them would post it up on a forum like this, most would only even hedge around the subjects with their closest friends.

2) Let's assume everything you have said is true. You must realise that Bioware can not change or retain any single feature based on it "being the only thing" one individual player finds any joy in. They have to go with change the deliver the most pay-off for the most number of players. I'd prefer them to be merging servers; been through that twice already, lost character names the first time around and ended up pretty much deleting every toon I had and starting from scratch, second time around lost a Legacy name, and came very, very close to quitting.

3) If they were to change/retain a feature on the basis of one player saying it was the only thing they found any joy in at all, they would soon find themselves held hostage to such claims and never be able to change anything ever again, but also be weighed down by similar claims about things that should be changed. This would put Bioware in an untenable position.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

What about "The Fatman" tho.

The Fatman was the First A-bomb dropped on or first to be blown up along where in the Trinity part of desert., or dropped on Heroshima i believe, the Little boy was the second used was Little-boy droppoed Nagasaki.

We all used code names in our beta's and the Alpha stage. But since there is a Rl history that Fatman relates, some people,not me could easily take offence to that even though they know nothing about WW2 like i do.

The Fatman was the First A-bomb dropped on or first to be blown up along where in the Trinity part of desert., or dropped on Heroshima i believe, the Little boy was the second used was Little-boy droppoed Nagasaki.

We all used code names in our beta's and the Alpha stage. But since there is a Rl history that Fatman relates, some people,not me could easily take offence to that even though they know nothing about WW2 like i do.

Wrong.

Fat Man was the a-bomb dropped on Nagasaki, and was so the second a-bomb used in real conflict (as opposed to testing), Little Boy was the first, and was dropped on Hiroshima. Little Boy was only the second a-bomb explosion, after the Trinity Test explosion.

All The Best

Things to consider about your post; and please note I am not making any value judgments about you as a person, I am merely passing comment on your comments, and how they could affect the game.

1) We have no way of knowing if any of that is true. Yes, I've personally known people with equally harrowing life stories, but none of them would post it up on a forum like this, most would only even hedge around the subjects with their closest friends.

2) Let's assume everything you have said is true. You must realise that Bioware can not change or retain any single feature based on it "being the only thing" one individual player finds any joy in. They have to go with change the deliver the most pay-off for the most number of players. I'd prefer them to be merging servers; been through that twice already, lost character names the first time around and ended up pretty much deleting every toon I had and starting from scratch, second time around lost a Legacy name, and came very, very close to quitting.

3) If they were to change/retain a feature on the basis of one player saying it was the only thing they found any joy in at all, they would soon find themselves held hostage to such claims and never be able to change anything ever again, but also be weighed down by similar claims about things that should be changed. This would put Bioware in an untenable position.

All The Best

I'm not angry that Bioware wont change it back. I'm angry that a bunch of stupid kids complained to get it changed in the first place, for the reason that they didn't want to look like they were pooping themselves.

Watching the same thing happen with the server name change is infuriating.

Edited by thirtydollars

Wrong.

Fat Man was the a-bomb dropped on Nagasaki, and was so the second a-bomb used in real conflict (as opposed to testing), Little Boy was the first, and was dropped on Hiroshima. Little Boy was only the second a-bomb explosion, after the Trinity Test explosion.

All The Best

I knew i'd probably get which one wrong:mad:

If someone complains that their class got nerfed, and you argue that in some other game all the classes do little damage, so it shouldn't matter, then you'd be making as much sense as you are now.

Where did I say anything analogous to that? Point it out for me? Nice straw man you built there I must say. I'm not the one who started bringing up Urban Dictionary here as if it's a valid source for literally anything xD All I did was point out the stupidity of doing that.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Did anyone on the 20 pages in this thread cast light to the question what "Hot Prospect" means in slang terms? Urban Dictionary doesn't know it and if it's not on UD, it's most likely not a slang term. They have everything, even words that haven't been made up yet. ;)

does this mean satele is hot prospect... this may be why they changed the name, i`ll leave now.

Maybe it's my age, but some of the older ladies in the game are very attractive. Satele Shan, She Vizla and Hylo Visz to name but three.

Garza, ....and Zash the elder.... not so much.