Hot Prospect Name Concerns

EricMusco

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

Thank you for being understanding and flexible. That name was going to be nothing but problems for you guys and the players of said named server.

Satele Shan is perfect Thank You.

PS Keith I see you and I both went to see "A New Hope" around the same age and still love Star Wars. You once said that your were around the same age as Obi Wan but never said which Obi Wan. I see now it was Sir Alec Guinness:)

But I'm jelious.... You still have hair. :p

Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

World is a joke when a server name "The Hot Prospect" gets changed because it could be used derogatory.

I wanna know these people irl who complained about this name they must be truly something amazing lma0

I didn't exactly like the name but I didn't see the problem. Satele however is a nice name and it's nice for the reps to have a server named after a Jedi character. So it's a plus!

World is a joke when a server name "The Hot Prospect" gets changed because it could be used derogatory.

I agree, I hate this victim mentality a certain group often seems to have.

Edited by Eshvara

Hopefully the new server will be more stable than Harbinger has been, otherwise we're all going to be getting off when Satele goes down on us.....

Hey folks,

-eric

Hopefully the new server will be more stable than Harbinger has been, otherwise we're all going to be getting off when Satele goes down on us.....

Why would Satele Shan be unstable? Just because it's a female!!!? How disgusting for people to even think that. It's not like anyone is thinking this about Malgus.:rolleyes:

Please don't take me seriously.

Why would Satele Shan be unstable? Just because it's a female!!!? How disgusting for people to even think that. It's not like anyone is thinking this about Malgus.:rolleyes:

Please don't take me seriously.

Nope, just been on Harbinger too often when the hamster dies from malnutrition.

Everyone is offended by something these days. The last South Park seasons have perfectly caricatured that. Political correctness my arse. Just get over yourselves.

Every single player who complained about the name just proved that he or she doesn't know anything about the KotOR canon. From now on I shall devide the Swtor player scene into players who knew the Hot Prospect reference and who didn't. Please all put in your signature whether you understood or not, so that I can judge you more easily. :p

That said, Satele Shan is a perfect name for a server. I actually suggested it as a rename for Malgus, that pathetic loser of a wannabe Emperor. I am seriously thinking about transfering one char from my main legacy to Harbinger now, so that I can play on Satele Shan. It will bee too embarrassing to log onto Loser Malgus server all the time.

One reason why I suggested Satele was because she's a female char and I thought it would be great to have a server named after a female char. And not just one female char. The best. I hope my suggestion helped inspiring Keith to choose Satele. ;)

Congratulations to the whiners. Now move on to the next thing to whine about. I know you will find something.

Edited by JattaGin

Everyone is offended by something these days. The last South Park seasons have perfectly caricatured that. Political correctness my arse. Just get over yourselves.

Every single player who complained about the name just proved that he or she doesn't know anything about the KotOR canon. From now on I shall devide the Swtor player scene into players who knew the Hot Prospect reference and who didn't. Please all put it in your signature, so that I can judge you more easily.

That said, Satele Shan is a perfect name for a server. I actually suggested it as a rename for Malgus, that pathetic loser of a wannabe Emperor. I am seriously thinking about transfering one char from my main legacy to Harbinger now, so that I can play on Satele Shan. It will bee too embarrassing to log onto Loser Malgus server all the time.

One reason why I suggested Satele was because it's a female char and I thought it would be great to have server named after a female char. And not just one female char. The best. I hope my suggestion helped inspiring Keith to choose Satele. ;)

Congratulations to the whiners. Now move on to the next thing to whine about. I know you will find something.

Agreed! Except the Malgus part. Rude!!!:rak_06:

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you Eric! That name was Horrible. Funny or not, it was a recipes for bad jokes and sexual references that definitely would never stop.

Edited by Lorsic

Eh, sticks and stones and all that. The name was dumb, not offensive. Musco should have been slapped for suggesting naming a server after a minor characters junker ship.

The name was dumb. But was that really a reason to jump on the "WE'RE SO, SO, SO SORRY WE OFFENDED A FEW CRAZY ENTITLED PEOPLE" crap...

Fatman was derogatory to walmart shoppers...

Im pretty sure Harbinger can be seen as derogatory to a certain fictional alien race of sentient machines...

Edited by DarkLadyKeres