Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

He did not betray anyone. He is doing his job. He is trying to stop a plot against the Commander and the Alliance. How is that betrayal? He can't tell you, because he is being watched. He had to make it look convincing to the person that is watching him. I see nothing, absolutely nothing, that indicates otherwise. Dark or Light, he is working for the PC. Just like Lana. Even if you are dark, killing someone for doing their job is asinine. Why in the hell would anyone follow you at that point. If you are killing people that are doing whatever it takes to protect you then you deserve to be left with no companions to talk to and no Alliance to call yours anymore. You deserve to go crawling back to whichever faction you choose to be a lap dog to. Just because you play a dark side toon doesn't mean you have to be stupid af.

Because people screamed for his death, all m/m romances are dead. All of my favorite romances are dead. I am forced to leave behind my Alliance that I cared about building, to be Acina's underling? And I have to do it all with Lana by my side. The same person who was also crying for Theron's death. No thanks! I am sorry, but what am I getting out of this flashpoint that will make me happy? Nothing. I lose my Alliance and Theron gets bricked. And the edgelords get exactly what they wanted. Theron's death and Imp vs Pub. Maybe, had they not given Theron a kill option it would have softened the blow of losing the Alliance. But in a few hours, a few of the remaining things that I enjoyed about this game will be taken from me. And I am angry.

*Just wanted to add, that this isn't directed at anyone, just how I am feeling about all of this right now.

Edited by rachetsw

I haven't looked at discussed post from Reddit, but judging by all the comments here, I feel sad. I've always liked Theron (and all the other companions that people can kill, e.g Malavai, Senya, Arcann). It just feels so, odd and saddening that Theron may not have a place anymore in story if the dreaded option is true. He is trying to protect the PC and I'm sure he has a good reason why he hasn't told us.

It has honestly ruined my enjoyment of the game and brought a sharp halt to my making any new characters (at least Imps who will likely get forced back to the Empire.)

Not only will they have given a kill option to all three m/m choices, (four if you count Lord Cytharat) but the datamining doesn't even have content for Koth, marriage wise. Like, has Bioware forgotten he was a romance and that not everyone is a dark side edgelord who murdered him? I wouldn't mind kill options half as much if it didn't mean that companion got bricked and ceased to exist outside of maaaybe a letter now and then.

Lana is now the only surviving one out of that trio and I can't say I'm surprised that the Sith waifu is still protected so far.

I'm sick of Bioware giving everything to the edgelords who want to murder everyone because of the slightest insult. Oh Theron did all of this to protect you and you likely would have lost the Gravestone and fleet eventually anyway (because Bioware want to push the stupid Republic v Empire thing so lets blame Theron) nah let's just kill him. I bet you the murder scene will be longer and more lovingly rendered compared to his other scene, just like Quinn's was, because Bioware like feeding people's murder lust.

The fact Bioware thought Theron fans would be happy about this is a joke and shows how out of touch they are.

Yes you can marry him but lol who cares, he can die so he won't matter anymore anyway.

Edited by Farferello

My warrior hates Acina so going back to Empire is not something she wants to do, ever! Unless she can relieve Acina of her role and she can take over.

As a Theron fan, I can say no, none of this makes me happy.

Yay! I can finally marry my spy boy. But in a flashpoint? Where the Alliance that we built together is falling apart? Really? That is the time and place? I have already written their wedding for my fic, and it doesn't take place on Nathema. And it doesn't take place anytime right after Nathema. Jen and Theron need to get used to being together again. She loves that boy dearly, and she understands he couldn't tell her what was going on because he was being watched. But that doesn't mean that all the crap she went through for the last eight months just goes away like that. But like you said, what is the point really if he goes silent after.

The writers really don't understand how important companions are to the story, and more importantly LIs.

I have been so focused on Theron I didn't even think about the missing marriage scene for Koth.I have one toon I did that romance on, and it was cut short so that people could kill him. I guess there will never be a resolution to that romance. They will never be more than what they are now.

Edited by rachetsw

I must have missed those, when I got home from work there were 4 or 5 pages I skimmed through to quickly.

Yeah ti got lost at the bottom of one a while back, well the last time I think. I bring it up a few times

i always expect one as the 'kill everyone' people are the people bioware actually wants playing the game. no one else. they get the last word (possibly dead = gone for everyone), they get better made and longer cutscenes every time"

Yeah ti got lost at the bottom of one a while back, well the last time I think. I bring it up a few times

The possibility of it being true is just so depressingly high that we're all thinking the same bad things, gosh I can't believe now there was once a time when I actually looked forward to more Theron content...

The possibility of it being true is just so depressingly high that we're all thinking the same bad things, gosh I can't believe now there was once a time when I actually looked forward to more Theron content...

Yup.. me too. I'm in the same boat as you now. This is just getting worse and worse.

Who bets the entire "kill" scene will be longer and more detailed then the marriage scene? :rolleyes:

No doubt lovingly rendered in the same way Quinn's was. :rolleyes:

I just hate everything about this and it makes the thought of going back to Empire v Republic all the more depressing, especially if my characters who defected get dragged kicking and screaming back to the Empire. Just has me on edge wondering who they'll give a kill option to next.

So the devs don't take into account our choices, why then do we get to make choices.

My sorceress and agent sided with the Republic NOT the EMPIRE! so why will I be FORCED to return to the empire? Stupid writing!

So the devs don't take into account our choices, why then do we get to make choices.

My sorceress and agent sided with the Republic NOT the EMPIRE! so why will I be FORCED to return to the empire? Stupid writing!

Yup my Bounty Hunter and Inquisitor did the same (my Warrior could easily go back to the Empire as his Iokath decision was made out of spite) and I will just refuse to play my Inquisitor if he is forced back to the Empire. He'll just take his new husband to Rishi and live out their days in recluse. :mad:

I just started it. I can't do video, but I will let you know if there is the option or not.

*crosses fingers that by some miracle there isn't

And I just got to a holo recording of Theron and Lana, and yep, tears. How am I going to finish this when I am still on the space station?

Edited by rachetsw

I just started it. I can't do video, but I will let you know if there is the option or not.

*crosses fingers that by some miracle there isn't

And I just got to a holo recording of Theron and Lana, and yep, tears. How am I going to finish this when I am still on the space station?

*hugs and hands over tissues* Just wait until you get further in, which is not a spoiler, just his words and expressions are heartstring pullers.

*hugs and hands over tissues* Just wait until you get further in, which is not a spoiler, just his words and expressions are heartstring pullers.

*hugs

Thanks for the tissues. Just got to the first scene with him. Escape out, I am not ready for this. Although I did like telling Lana I told you so, ha!

Well I just watched Vulkk's DS play-through and I really don't know what to think now.

I cannot believe they did this! You leave him to f****** die! Let’s hope Satele saves him! I am so pissed right now! You don’t kill him, you leave him to die cause someone else stabs him! I am so effing pissed am done, am so done!

I cannot believe they did this! You leave him to f****** die! Let’s hope Satele saves him! I am so pissed right now! You don’t kill him, you leave him to die cause someone else stabs him! I am so effing pissed am done, am so done!

I am so glad

i heard him beg before he died. and sateles face is priceless