Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Just saw the pub side of the update.

Yay Theron said something in it!

Even though I'm a bit sad that he didn't say anything to my imp side toon who romanced him, but I'm very happy that the devs didn't forget about him, so I'm not complaining. Good job.

I

I have little sympathy for those who played the Nathema Incident ending incorrectly and get Theron in their cinematic scenes anyway :D

Me too lol

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw that on the bug report section

Just literally Kill him from the SWTOR Story Bioware - then problem solved.

He literally holds zero value. I don't think I've once seen him following anyone around Vaiken Spacedock as a active companion.

But I'm biased and despise the character.

That's obviously talking about Theron, otherwise i'd not post it here, but seriously that kind of post irritates me so much... For some people, being able to kill / exile him in their own game is not enough, they want him dead for everyone :mad:

Edited by Goreshaga

That's obviously talking about Theron, otherwise i'd not post it here, but seriously that kind of post irritates me so much... For some people, being able to kill / exile him in their own game is not enough, they want him dead for everyone :mad:

It's not enough for that person that Theron having a kill option means he pretty much stops existing for everyone who does have him alive, they want him wiped from existence altogether. There's certain companions/characters I would love to get rid of but I don't go gloating about it or kicking people when they're down about it. It's blatantly obvious how little content Theron has had lately compared to Lana, and the fact he only speaks during the current content for one faction and not the other, says a lot. I just really hate that the game defaults to acting like someone is dead no matter what even if you never made that choice yourself.

Edited by Farferello

It's not enough for that person that Theron having a kill option means he pretty much stops existing for everyone who does have him alive, they want him wiped from existent altogether. There's certain companions/characters I would love to get rid of but I don't go gloating about it or kicking people when they're down about it. It's blatantly obvious how little content Theron has had lately compared to Lana, and the fact he only speaks during the current content for one faction and not the other, says a lot. I just really hate that the game defaults to acting like someone is dead no matter what even if you never made that choice yourself.

Exactly.

I just hate it when seeing people act like that.

It's not enough for that person that Theron having a kill option means he pretty much stops existing for everyone who does have him alive, they want him wiped from existent altogether. There's certain companions/characters I would love to get rid of but I don't go gloating about it or kicking people when they're down about it. It's blatantly obvious how little content Theron has had lately compared to Lana, and the fact he only speaks during the current content for one faction and not the other, says a lot. I just really hate that the game defaults to acting like someone is dead no matter what even if you never made that choice yourself.

Honestly i'm very concerned about him in LotS, considering some datamined stuff i've seen, i just hope the thing was incomplete, otherwise i'll be very, very pissed.

Honestly i'm very concerned about him in LotS, considering some datamined stuff i've seen, i just hope the thing was incomplete, otherwise i'll be very, very pissed.

What datamining stuff have you seen? (Please pm me as I know that's not supposed to be discussed.)

I've not seen much at all so far - but I'm also worried about where things will go for Theron, and for others.

Can you pm me a link to the datamining?

What datamining stuff have you seen? (Please pm me as I know that's not supposed to be discussed.)

I've not seen much at all so far - but I'm also worried about where things will go for Theron, and for others.

Sent a PM to both of you.

And yeah, i'm very worried about what will happen for Theron, but also for the other companions i like

Please PM me too. Having just tried the changes on the PTS which are diabolical, I'd like to know if the story is going down the pan too.

Sigh. I can't stop trying to argue some sense into him.

Marr oozes personality and character. And the voice. Could’ve been a very interesting companion. Such a pity.

I want Darth Marr as my force ghost Dad! Kalig abandoned me and didn't even offer to hop in my body for a Papa-Powerup :hope_02::csw_vader:

Edited by Kass

Thanks for them PM. That does suck but I'm not surprised either. :(

I wouldn't mind as such if they were trying to focus more on the newer characters but cutting Theron out despite including Lana sucks. I can only hope it's very brief with her.

I wouldn't mind as such if they were trying to focus more on the newer characters but cutting Theron out despite including Lana sucks. I can only hope it's very brief with her.

Yeah, same, i would not mind as much not having Theron around if that focused mainly on the newer characters, and if Lana was left out as well.

But having any more Lana if Theron is not included will probably end up being a real dealbreaker for me. I'm clearly not interested in the current story enough to keep playing a Lana Beniko weird, creepy dating simulator, where it's completely one sided, unless that finally gives us a a way to remove her from our story if we want to.

I've assumed we'd at least get a Theron appearance that was on level with Onslaught (a few lines here or there and maybe a romance scene). I'm holding out that that's what we get but there is no way for us to be certain.

He had dialogue in relentless ambitions about Task Force Nova. I've long thought he might stay somewhat relevant through that that story arc. He has a pre-existing relationship with Master Gnost Dural. I've always thought this would be cool and maybe a Satele/Theron reunion down the track?

I don't like to pile on Lana too much because I actually like her and she's been apart of the game for a long time as well. But I agree, the amount of screen time (a lot having this unwanted romantic subtext) just feels so unfair. My expectation is they would at least remember to throw us a bone for this character we have invested so much in and has been with us through so many plots/expansions. But we will have to wait and see.

For the people who advocate to have Theron permanently killed off just boggles my mind. The point of giving the player choices is that we get to experience a story where choice matters. If the solution to bugs is to permanently remove him from everyone's game then you'll create a precedent where everyone ends up playing the same story. Surely everyone, including the Theron haters, should see this will impact their game-play? I want everyone to enjoy their game even if they make different choices from me. The focus should be on fairness and fixing bugs, NOT ruining someone else's experience. [/rant]

Yeah, same, i would not mind as much not having Theron around if that focused mainly on the newer characters, and if Lana was left out as well.

But having any more Lana if Theron is not included will probably end up being a real dealbreaker for me. I'm clearly not interested in the current story enough to keep playing a Lana Beniko weird, creepy dating simulator, where it's completely one sided, unless that finally gives us a a way to remove her from our story if we want to.

Saw the pm. Gosh it's not looking great and I hate it.

It looks to me that they don't want to put any effort on companions at all.

Scourge and Kira got nothing in the only chance in the foreseeable future where they are a center part of the plot.

Theron got disappeared. Lana becomes Siri. And there are A LOT about them to be written.

Not to mention the other unfortunate class companions who basically disappeared.

Say what you want about kotxx, but at least the rotation of class companions is interesting and brings perspective when you play a class meeting with those who are not your class companions.

Saw the pm. Gosh it's not looking great and I hate it.

It looks to me that they don't want to put any effort on companions at all.

Scourge and Kira got nothing in the only chance in the foreseeable future where they are a center part of the plot.

Theron got disappeared. Lana becomes Siri. And there are A LOT about them to be written.

Not to mention the other unfortunate class companions who basically disappeared.

Say what you want about kotxx, but at least the rotation of class companions is interesting and brings perspective when you play a class meeting with those who are not your class companions.

Yeah i find it really sad tbh.

They should never have started on the kill options, at the very least not on LIs, and just have them rotate in and out of the story depending on their relevance to the current plot, that would've made things much easier.

Honestly people complained that KOFEET had little replayability value, but i find the post JUS to be even worse on that front. NO real divergence with the characters, no matter what you did, you're stuck with mostly Lana and the new flavor of the moment characters, when there were many companions and other characters to interact with during KOTFEET who reacted differently depending on your class, and outside of very little saboteur/loyalist and very vague title fluff, it's pretty much the same, not to mention, that imp / pub completely contradict each other even when your various characters work for the same faction.

...not to mention, that imp / pub completely contradict each other even when your various characters work for the same faction.

This annoys me the most. I pointed it out in a thread once and got abuse. How can different completely different outcomes apply to the same story?

As for the incoming story:

I too was annoyed to see that Lana getting yet more attention and shoved in our faces.

Most male players have either Lana or Vette as their LI and BW once mentioned that those two were by far the most used companions (and in Twitter polls they always win). As a result the rest of (and I'm saying this the risk of being put in forum jail), mainly female players with our love for the male LIs, are being well and truly shafted. Giving Theron a kill option was unforgiveable especially as he was playing double agent rather than really betraying the alliance. They've never offered an explanation as to why they did this. The only one I will accept is that the voice actor wanted to reduce his commitment which I think all of us would have accepted, but that still didn't warrant killing Theron. And don't get me started on Zenith's return (same voice actor). They made Khem Val a love interest but not Zenith? Sometimes I hate it here!

This annoys me the most. I pointed it out in a thread once and got abuse. How can different completely different outcomes apply to the same story?

I too was annoyed to see that Lana getting yet more attention and shoved in our faces.

Most male players have either Lana or Vette as their LI and BW once mentioned that those two were by far the most used companions (and in Twitter polls they always win). As a result the rest of (and I'm saying this the risk of being put in forum jail), mainly female players with our love for the male LIs, are being well and truly shafted. Giving Theron a kill option was unforgiveable especially as he was playing double agent rather than really betraying the alliance. They've never offered an explanation as to why they did this. The only one I will accept is that the voice actor wanted to reduce his commitment which I think all of us would have accepted, but that still didn't warrant killing Theron. And don't get me started on Zenith's return (same voice actor). They made Khem Val a love interest but not Zenith? Sometimes I hate it here!

Yeah this annoys me a lot as well, it's completely immersion breaking for me when my imp saboteurs have outcomes that completely contradict what i've done on my pub loyalists, and as my main is a pub loyalist JK, who's my canon Outlander, anything happening in her story is what's canon to me, so playing my imps just feels completely pointless.

So right now, i've only done the whole story up to Relentless Ambitions with my JK, there's no real reason to do it with my other pubs anyways, as the story is the same and they don't even interact with their LIs anymore anyways, all i have is Lana behaving like she's the LI for everyone, while none of my toons is romancing her, which irritates me to no end.

Which makes the fact Vette hasn't had anything to say since KOTET while Torian got a few lines really weird, not that i'd complain as she's dead on all the characters i've played through KOTFEET, but it's weird nonetheless.

Yeah, we're not having an easy time, but i'd say gay characters / players have it even worse, every single one of the romance options they've ever had, except for Khem and Scourge (but are 1 and 2 scenes really a romance ?) have been killable, and while they've made several of the previously straight only female LIs available to ladies as well, even if for one scene only so far, they haven't made any previously strictly straight male LIs available to men, not even for one single scene (my poor Mara will probably die of boredom and loneliness before Quinn even aknowledge that my poor guy has had feelings for him for years now).

I'm so glad they don't have the same voice in french, that would be disturbing, watched the scene in english as i'm not going through it as long as Theron and Lana appear with their default look (i don't like Theron's original look and Lana wears a helmet most of the time now as i find it more and more difficult to look at her face), but when Zenith was talking all i could hear was Theron's voice.

Honestly if they ever decide to make Zenith a romance option, i may very well be tempted to pair him with my main JC who has had absolutely no love until now, as his only option during class story is one of the creepiest romances, and i try to have each one of my characters, the main ones at least, have a different LI from one another, so the only one who was not already taken and available to everyone was Lana, and well, nope)

Edited by Goreshaga

If the voice actor doesn't want to play the part anymore, it's sad for us but the character doesn't have to go away. A cinematic will suffice no dialogue needed. After the Adventure you go to your ship to reflect and remember the simpler times. You go to your quarters and there's your spouse, in this case Theron, waiting for you. Door closes. Fade to black.

If the voice actor doesn't want to play the part anymore, it's sad for us but the character doesn't have to go away. A cinematic will suffice no dialogue needed. After the Adventure you go to your ship to reflect and remember the simpler times. You go to your quarters and there's your spouse, in this case Theron, waiting for you. Door closes. Fade to black.

Or even if that'd stink they could simply replace the VA, because loosing him because of one of his 3 VAs is even worse tbh, and they've replaced VAs in french before (they've done it for Torian starting from KOTFE, but that's barely perceptible as they sound very similar, he just sounds older, which is not a bad thing tbh, and for Doc in JUS which was much more jarring as they sounded nothing alike and Doc's first VA has a very recognizable voice).

But i'm pretty sure he's said somewhere that he likes voicing Theron and wants to keep doing it, so i doubt that's the reason for the kill / exile option.

My cynical view is that they wanted to please the "wanna kill everyone, especially male LIs" edgelord demographic who already wanted to kill him for some reason, and focus even more on the favorite waifu

That's what I hate about the newer story stuff as well. The original stories worked as parts of a whole, but the newer stories are more like the Marvel multiverse. Our characters aren't in one universe anymore, they are all in different ones. I pity the RP guilds trying to deal with that :eek:

I feel like the current dev. team are in their own little dudebro bubble, starting with 4.0. The great imbalance they made between Lana and Theron. No kill option on Ashara. 2 new female dancer decos, no new male ones. 3 reasonable female flirts on Ossus vs. only General Shark. To be frank, nearly all of the newer content has attractive female NPCs, but attractive males are few and far between. Instead we get "interesting" species or mostly machines. They were surprised anyone would be interested in Rivix. They planned to release the swimsuit as female only and changed it to gender neutral after complaints.

It's all adding up and wearing me down. If they really do bring back Vaylin and let guys flirt with her, I might blow a gasket!

I like the swimsuit on the male toon. Not to be kinky about it, but the stance the character has in some cinematics wearing it enhances the aura of heroism/antiheroism. Curious there are a couple of outfits that let you go topless. For the lulz I tried one for awhile, but eventually I did find it ridiculous. Princess Leia in the golden bikini got many a fanboy excited, but it would cheapen the movie if that's all she wore. Playing this game running around the galaxy shirtless is also dumb.