Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I think I have a problem. Far too many Theronmancers these days!

I have 41 char slots, 32 full and about half of them are either romancing Theron or destined to do so.

Send help!

(Or they could give me Jonas for 1).

Edited by Suzsi

I tried Spirit of Vengeance again after the update. Cannot finish it. It's the Final Boss. I'm always killed by the second wave of add ons. That's my melee Jedi Knight, Companion on heal. My Jedi Consular, range and healing, Companion on tank, dies in 3 seconds against the first Boss. My gear is 272-278, which is what you get just playing the game.

My Jedi do want to rebuild the Jedi Order, so we're on Coruscant as part of the Jedi Council. Theron is Senator. The rest will retire on Rishi when we get to the end point.

Many people with say you don't need 306 gear for solo content and for some things that's true, however for level 75 content I make sure all my characters have 306 gear. Swtorista's guide to gearing should help you. You should be able to get a set of gold quality 306 gear by following the guide and it will help hugely.

The trick is to always equip higher ilevel without worrying too much about stats until you get to 306. Then you can start saving for/buying your bonus set if you want one.

I think I have a problem. Far too many Theronmancers these days!

I have 41 char slots, 32 full and about half of them are either romancing Theron or destined to do so.

Send help!

(Or they could give me Jonas for 1).

That sounds like a fun time to me! My 60+ characters are mostly romanced with Theron, Quinn and Aric.

Many people with say you don't need 306 gear for solo content and for some things that's true, however for level 75 content I make sure all my characters have 306 gear. Swtorista's guide to gearing should help you. You should be able to get a set of gold quality 306 gear by following the guide and it will help hugely.

The trick is to always equip higher ilevel without worrying too much about stats until you get to 306. Then you can start saving for/buying your bonus set if you want one.

That sounds like a fun time to me! My 60+ characters are mostly romanced with Theron, Quinn and Aric.

I have a few Aric Troopers. 2 Torian BHs and a Vector Agent.

Other then them, Theron's the only other LI I really like. (Aric is 1st, Theron 2nd, Vector 3rd, Torian 4th)

I tried Spirit of Vengeance again after the update. Cannot finish it. It's the Final Boss. I'm always killed by the second wave of add ons. That's my melee Jedi Knight, Companion on heal. My Jedi Consular, range and healing, Companion on tank, dies in 3 seconds against the first Boss. My gear is 272-278, which is what you get just playing the game.

My Jedi do want to rebuild the Jedi Order, so we're on Coruscant as part of the Jedi Council. Theron is Senator. The rest will retire on Rishi when we get to the end point.

You can try doing some veteran mode flashpoints through group finder to get higher gears while getting more familiar with trash-heavy fights. It helps when your classes are the more squishy ones who need more micromanagement with your dcd, kill order, kolto management etc. My Concentration JK did need to be more careful than even my Marksman IA when doing SoV.

It's more of a personal preference but I would also switch from heal to dps when doing solo SoV if you can change it for free. Companions suck at being a proper tank, I hate healing them in story mode.

Wish we could group up in solo story mode (can we?) because I would help you to get through this damn flashpoint.

Is it a universal agreement that Rishi is the perfect place for retirement?

I don't have many alts but I remade my main on the other servers to experience the exact same Theron romance lol

You just can't beat a beach retirement!

Plus no government interference - Imperial oppression or Republic bureaucracy. Any occasional pirate problem is good for some fun excitement so as it's not complete boredom.

Not all solo content is equal for getting your ilevel up. Ossus, Onderon, Mek-sha have dailies and weeklies that give better gear than other planets. Conquest has decent odds for upgrades too.

Pick one set of gear and always put the highest ilevel mods in it. Wear that gear when you open up boxes or use the gear vendor on fleet. (when you use the gear vendor, buy individual mods rather than whole pieces.) (You can work on better stats after you get to i306)

Keep running treasure hunting lock boxes. They can get you to full i278 with lots of gear to deconstruct.

Edited by Damask_Rose

Not all solo content is equal for getting your ilevel up. Ossus, Onderon, Mek-sha have dailies and weeklies that give better gear than other planets. Conquest has decent odds for upgrades too.

Pick one set of gear and always put the highest ilevel mods in it. Wear that gear when you open up boxes or use the gear vendor on fleet. (when you use the gear vendor, buy individual mods rather than whole pieces.) (You can work on better stats after you get to i306)

Keep running treasure hunting lock boxes. They can get you to full i278 with lots of gear to deconstruct.

Heroics, non-main story flashpoints, operations, etc. are supposed to be harder. That's fine. They're for group play or those who like hard solo modes for the combat game engine and collect the best possible gear. It should not be this difficult or require the best of the best gear to play the Story. Other main Story Flashpoints have Story Mode, Veteran Mode, and Master Mode. Story Mode is for those who play the story. You should be able to play it with whatever gear you got beforehand playing the game, just like it always was. However, this is not the thread for this discussion. This thread is about our favorite SIS Agent.

A little Theron related rent regarding Secrets of the Enclave. Imperial saboteur spoilers:

If you play an imperial saboteur, you could ask the droid you saved in the cave to send a message to Lana in order to alert her about the Imperial and Malgus movement on Dantooine and she sent a coded message to us acknowledged the info later.

I think it should be Theron whom we alert. He is the spay master and he should be the one doing the spy stuffs. The stupidity of the writers make us see no content regarding Theron even when it should be him. I just caught it during my second play with my alt agent and I'm a bit sad :(

Edited by eabevella

A little Theron related rent regarding Secrets of the Enclave. Imperial saboteur spoilers:

If you play an imperial saboteur, you could ask the droid you saved in the cave to send a message to Lana in order to alert her about the Imperial and Malgus movement on Dantooine and she sent a coded message to us acknowledged the info later.

I think it should be Theron whom we alert. He is the spay master and he should be the one doing the spy stuffs. The stupidity of the writers make us see no content regarding Theron even when it should be him. I just caught it during my second play with my alt agent and I'm a bit sad :(

This is why it's so annoying that they put a kill option on Theron. We knew then that Lana would be the favoured Alliance person with the probable flimsy excuse that she was once head of intelligence (even though she was useless at it). At least Lana doesn't appear in the story for non-saboteurs Empire side but she does make an appearance republic side which really pissed me off. I don't want to see her at all.

Since I play mostly empire character, I'M not a big fan of Theron but I still think he was implented in a good way (He is really the Lenna Beniko of the republic).

It still makes sense to have him around you, even playing a sith.

Unlike Malavai Quinn which I still hate bioware for not letting me kill him.

This is why it's so annoying that they put a kill option on Theron. We knew then that Lana would be the favoured Alliance person with the probable flimsy excuse that she was once head of intelligence (even though she was useless at it). At least Lana doesn't appear in the story for non-saboteurs Empire side but she does make an appearance republic side which really pissed me off. I don't want to see her at all.

Lana even admitted she was learning fieldwork tricks from Theron on Rishi. Theron also planted a spy next to her who wouldn't blow his cover if Saresh wasn't such a bloody idiot. He is the superior spy.

There should also be a scene on the Imp side where we have a talk with Theron about how shady Rivix is, that he'll keep an eye on Rivix if we want. It will be a nice in-character dialogue like the one the agent has with Vector about Rivix.

Since I play mostly empire character, I'M not a big fan of Theron but I still think he was implented in a good way (He is really the Lenna Beniko of the republic).

It still makes sense to have him around you, even playing a sith.

Unlike Malavai Quinn which I still hate bioware for not letting me kill him.

It is great to have Theron around as a more pragmatic Sith. He is like the voice of reason. A better advisor than most of those kill them all type Imperials lol

When you side with the Empire on Iokath Malcolm is the one who dies on the throne of the superweapon. Consoling Theron, in romance you are given the option to kiss Theron. I know it's meant to be comforting in context and have chosen it, but I'm also getting an ick feeling. Kissing Theron over his own father's dead body? Eww. That may be the one kiss I'll pass on in the future.

I never got the excuse of "I can't like this character because they're pub or imp", what does them being pub or imp change about them literally being one of your closest friends? You can like characters from the opposite side. I mostly play Pub, but I still like Marr.

When you side with the Empire on Iokath Malcolm is the one who dies on the throne of the superweapon. Consoling Theron, in romance you are given the option to kiss Theron. I know it's meant to be comforting in context and have chosen it, but I'm also getting an ick feeling. Kissing Theron over his own father's dead body? Eww. That may be the one kiss I'll pass on in the future.

It did seem weird.

Marr oozes personality and character. And the voice. Could’ve been a very interesting companion. Such a pity.

I fail to see a connection to Theron in your post, however, for Marr Love Click here :p

Not sure I agree. Marr was great, but ultimately he served his purpose. He gave some speeches, had a few monologues. Short and sweet. Honestly being a companion probably would have lessened him.

He already have a companion mode, let me use him please... *shake fists at Bioware*

I just want to hear his deep authoritative voice lol

lol anyway. We need to keep pressuring Bioware to make Theron equal on both sides as Lana is. Theron needs as many scenes/screentime on Pubside as he does on Imp. It's insane that a pub character has more screentime with imps in Onslaught than he does with Pubs. But as someone else suggested it's probably because they want to promote Tau and Arn so they take up a lot of pub screentime, but still.

lol anyway. We need to keep pressuring Bioware to make Theron equal on both sides as Lana is. Theron needs as many scenes/screentime on Pubside as he does on Imp. It's insane that a pub character has more screentime with imps in Onslaught than he does with Pubs. But as someone else suggested it's probably because they want to promote Tau and Arn so they take up a lot of pub screentime, but still.

It started in Revan. As an Imperial you get a scene where a romanced Theron asks Lana to give you and him some privacy. During the conversation he says he doesn't want you to die on him. He'd like to see you again. Republic toons don't get the scene nor does Theron show concern for you not to die on him elsewhere.

Anyway, speaking of Eww, do remember that as a Republic you get bedtime with Theron on Yavin, where he compliments you on being good at everything. After that you go speak with Satele, his mother, right after you banged her son. :p

Anyway, speaking of Eww, do remember that as a Republic you get bedtime with Theron on Yavin, where he compliments you on being good at everything. After that you go speak with Satele, his mother, right after you banged her son. :p

Yeah, I always laugh at that. It's the most awkward transition.

It started in Revan. As an Imperial you get a scene where a romanced Theron asks Lana to give you and him some privacy. During the conversation he says he doesn't want you to die on him. He'd like to see you again. Republic toons don't get the scene nor does Theron show concern for you not to die on him elsewhere.

"Totally not banging your son earlier, Grand Master Satele."

I bet every Force sensitive on Yavin-4 knows lol

That's because on Pubside, it's already established that Theron likes you, before Yavin you had already spent a lot of time together in other scenes, there's nothing for him to be awkward, dodgy or hesistant about on pubside. You get more intimate scenes and kisses with him on Pub. So you already know he cares. You can even offer Theron to join your crew on pubside, only for him to turn it down because he wants to stick it out with SIS before once again kissing the PC and promising never to make the mistake of not calling them right away again. On Pubside, it's never outright stated, but the PC/Theron are definately a "thing", on Impside it's more like a fling.

But that's not what i'm saying. In SoR, it made sense for one side to have more content. As Lana was Impside and Theron was the pubside character, but now they no longer operate like that, so he should have equal screentime pub/imp side.

Edited by Jaxterone