Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

yes 😂 if you romance Theron with a male character, that line is really something.

the traitor arc is something too. even if I already knew, even if I saw it a hundred of times on youtube videos, still it made me so sad 🤣 when I was at the end of the flashpoint, while they were going towards the beginning of the train, I was like "don't betray me. don't betray me. don't you dare do it" 😂 even if I really love all the faces he does in that scene, especially if you tell him that you love me and that that will never change..... it is so clear that he is heartbroken.

Whoever wrote that line deserves a raise.

Annnnd I'm fresh back from finishing the traitor arc. Theron's expression in Umbara is *chef kiss*

He's really willing to protect us at the price of being dead and never being forgiven. Even if I was not playing a toon who romanced Theron, it would be foolish to cast such loyalty away.

• 4 weeks later...
everything is so quiet here u.u

that's B A D 😏

I guess most people (including me) are complaining the GS here lol

But at least when I am killing 75 bug/things on low level planets, I can set Theron as dps, and I still smile every time he says "Should I say it like a spy? Heh, 'Target eliminated'."

Despite my initial disappointment of the size, now I love how small the Fleet stronghold is because after some decoration, it looks like a cozy love nest just for two people. Perfect for my two spies in love.

Hi all!

This is my first post and I've recently done my first play through of all the expansions. I hadn't played TOR in years (last time I played I don't even think Shadows of Revan was out) but my friend suggested it and I started completely from scratch against my Steam account.

At first I was just grinding through my class story in anticipation to play these expansions that I knew of but never experienced outside of seeing the cinematics and trailers.

I remember first coming across Theron, I was really taken in by him. I've always enjoyed the story but to me I was just progressing along through the game until that point. The more interactions with him I had, the more I got invested. After Rishi, I was completely obsessed and so much of my motivation to push on was to see how the relationship would play out.

I don't usually romance characters in games. When I last played TOR I think I only ever did a few flirt options just out of curiosity and usually followed by an 'esc'. I especially didn't plan to romance anyone on my Jedi Consular where I had, up until this point, been living the 'model-Jedi' fantasy :rolleyes:. Its comforting to know I'm not the only one who got so invested and I really hope we see more of him in future content.

When the kill option came up I was devastated. While I of course saved him, I knew what it meant - that his character was never going to feature as a main character again and he'd be relegated to small supporting roles like in Onslaught. It cuts deep! But I live in hope that he won't be phased out completely. And as much as I enjoy new characters, it's hard to really welcome them when its coming at the expense of the characters I've already invested in.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say you have another recruit to the club :)

Also I'm thinking of ordering the book, Annihilation. Even outside of the romance content I just like the idea of Theron as a character - particularly the whole born of a Jedi Grandmaster but not inheriting the Force and what that means.

Hi all!

This is my first post and I've recently done my first play through of all the expansions. I hadn't played TOR in years (last time I played I don't even think Shadows of Revan was out) but my friend suggested it and I started completely from scratch against my Steam account.

At first I was just grinding through my class story in anticipation to play these expansions that I knew of but never experienced outside of seeing the cinematics and trailers.

I remember first coming across Theron, I was really taken in by him. I've always enjoyed the story but to me I was just progressing along through the game until that point. The more interactions with him I had, the more I got invested. After Rishi, I was completely obsessed and so much of my motivation to push on was to see how the relationship would play out.

I don't usually romance characters in games. When I last played TOR I think I only ever did a few flirt options just out of curiosity and usually followed by an 'esc'. I especially didn't plan to romance anyone on my Jedi Consular where I had, up until this point, been living the 'model-Jedi' fantasy :rolleyes:. Its comforting to know I'm not the only one who got so invested and I really hope we see more of him in future content.

When the kill option came up I was devastated. While I of course saved him, I knew what it meant - that his character was never going to feature as a main character again and he'd be relegated to small supporting roles like in Onslaught. It cuts deep! But I live in hope that he won't be phased out completely. And as much as I enjoy new characters, it's hard to really welcome them when its coming at the expense of the characters I've already invested in.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say you have another recruit to the club :)

Also I'm thinking of ordering the book, Annihilation. Even outside of the romance content I just like the idea of Theron as a character - particularly the whole born of a Jedi Grandmaster but not inheriting the Force and what that means.

Welcome to the club!

I think Theron is the highlight of characterization of the game NPC. He had his own background story, that even if we don't read the comics/books before, we could know through the cutscene and his combat/healing/stationary lines and feel intrigued. He is interesting and could initiate chemistry with pretty much all classes. Tbh he is the only companion who is interesting without being "controversial" (ex: Quinn), he is prove that you can write a "good guy" without him being boring.

Bioware should just ignore the kill option and brough Theron back on par with Lana. Most people, even if not interested in the romantic part, would welcome the variety.

I mean, they neglected a characters' past kill option in Secret of Enclave, it's not like they really care about the player's choices when it comes to the need to give a "canon" outcome of an event.

As I wrote before they can write him back in. He could have been saved by Someone on Nathema after you left. If instead he left Odessen he went to work for Someone. In a new story Someone is involved, so Theron comes back into the picture.

As for me, now all my main characters except one got the marriage. Stupid me had one of my characters go back to the spouse when the Companion returned. That break up with Theron was heartbreaking. Never again.

So, the latest update:

Even though we got the usual "Lana talks about stuffs" scene, but this time Theron is standing next to her. At least that's something, I guess. If we talk about him more, maybe he'll actually get a line or two next time.

So, the latest update:

Even though we got the usual "Lana talks about stuffs" scene, but this time Theron is standing next to her. At least that's something, I guess. If we talk about him more, maybe he'll actually get a line or two next time.

Was he wearing whatever outfit you might have him in, or was he wearing his old Revan era outfit? Both he and Lana were in their old default outfits for me which is... weird.

I agree though, it's a shame he didn't get to do much but stand around but at least it wasn't just Lana on her own.

Was he wearing whatever outfit you might have him in, or was he wearing his old Revan era outfit? Both he and Lana were in their old default outfits for me which is... weird.

I agree though, it's a shame he didn't get to do much but stand around but at least it wasn't just Lana on her own.

They are both wearing their old Revan Era outfits and not whatever custom outfits we gave them. Theron may as well have not been there - I hate him in his original welly boots outfit

Default one.

At least the Devs remember him.

So far on my characters Republic get Theron speaking in the cut scene, Empire don't. Can anyone else confirm this? I've only done three of my characters so far 1 rep 2 Emp (one romanced one not)

So far on my characters Republic get Theron speaking in the cut scene, Empire don't. Can anyone else confirm this? I've only done three of my characters so far 1 rep 2 Emp (one romanced one not)

My Republic Theronmancer had Theron speak in the cutscene, my Imperial did not. Also tested with characters not romancing him.

If it wasn't for the fact some people are reporting him showing up in the cutscene when he's dead for them, I'd almost think that the game is assuming Theron should be dead for an Imperial (so he'd not say anything) even when he's there and alive.

Either that or an unfortunate bug. Still sucks though, but a lot of things about this update are very buggy.

Edited by Farferello

My Republic Theronmancer had Theron speak in the cutscene, my Imperial did not. Also tested with characters not romancing him.

If it wasn't for the fact some people are reporting him showing up in the cutscene when he's dead for them, I'd almost think that the game is assuming Theron should be dead for an Imperial (so he'd not say anything) even when he's there and alive.

Either that or an unfortunate bug. Still sucks though, but a lot of things about this update are very buggy.

I hope they never assume that for our Imperial characters, my SI is romancing Theron and it's my favorite romance and my mains romance since all the way back from SOR. :( Here's hoping maybe a bug for Imp characters?

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I hope they never assume that for our Imperial characters, my SI is romancing Theron and it's my favorite romance and my mains romance since all the way back from SOR. :( Here's hoping maybe a bug for Imp characters?

Thanks for that both of you - seems I was correct

BlueShiftRecall: you're probably right about them assuming Theron being dead for all Imperial characters based on the reported bug, which is pretty bad on the devs part

Thanks for that both of you - seems I was correct

BlueShiftRecall: you're probably right about them assuming Theron being dead for all Imperial characters based on the reported bug, which is pretty bad on the devs part

Considering the update is buggy when it comes to Saboteurs also, I'd say a lot of things are kinda broken. Theron is thankfully still listed alive and well for my Imperial's, and he's still engaged/married to my Agent, and Inquisitor, so at least that's not bugged. Just a shame he doesn't seem to say anything Imp wise, and him having a non customized outfit is also questionable. (I don't change Lana's outfit so idk if she's also bugged the same.)

But the game has had issues before with Imp's weirdly defaulting to certain 'default' decisions despite the choice you made on updates (Koth disappearing on all my Imps, Quinn disappearing on my Warriors when Jedi Under Siege came out) but it's annoying if that sort of bug is still happening.

But the game has had issues before with Imp's weirdly defaulting to certain 'default' decisions despite the choice you made on updates (Koth disappearing on all my Imps, Quinn disappearing on my Warriors when Jedi Under Siege came out) but it's annoying if that sort of bug is still happening.

JUS was a mess! I've had to put in tickets for every charater that pulled Quinn or Elara from the companion locator terminal, and then I had to struggle to get a CS rep. who understood what that terminal is intended for. So far I've gotten them all back. Not so lucky with my mostly dark side warrior who was romancing Koth. Every single decision was made to keep Koth happy, but JUS killed him and CS refuses to acknowledge it's a bug. I was eventually able to reclaim hm from the terminal, but of course the story now considers Koth dead. Same character lost Arcann. Senya is still alive, but Arcann is gone. So far no luck in getting him at least physically back. I assume the game freaked out at the idea of a dark side warrior not killing everyone. Now

(I don't change Lana's outfit so idk if she's also bugged the same.)

I usually have her in an outfit with a mask & hood (I don't want to see her face!) so can confirm that her customised outfit defaults to the outfit she has on when she rescues you from carbonite in KotFE. I think I mentioned this in one of my spoiler tagged replies so you may not have seen it.

JUS was a mess! I've had to put in tickets for every charater that pulled Quinn or Elara from the companion locator terminal, and then I had to struggle to get a CS rep. who understood what that terminal is intended for. So far I've gotten them all back. Not so lucky with my mostly dark side warrior who was romancing Koth. Every single decision was made to keep Koth happy, but JUS killed him and CS refuses to acknowledge it's a bug. I was eventually able to reclaim hm from the terminal, but of course the story now considers Koth dead. Same character lost Arcann. Senya is still alive, but Arcann is gone. So far no luck in getting him at least physically back. I assume the game freaked out at the idea of a dark side warrior not killing everyone. Now

Every single patch has most of my class and story companions listed as dead or unavailable. Fortunately for me they are also listed in my available companions lists but it seems for you the game took it one step further and really killed them. The lack of support for that must be really frustrating.

JUS really was a mess. It took me three months to get Quinn back on that Warrior, you can imagine how displeased I was about it. I barely played him anymore because it didn't feel right to do so without Quinn considering how long it took him to get Quinn back. I constantly check every new patch now to make sure Quinn is still there. Same goes for the Malcom/Acina bug, I keep getting hit with that often also. Luckily it's fixed now, but twice it has happened. Then there was that time Scourge bugged and 'broke up' with my Knight. Ugh. With Koth I was able to get him back from the terminal (unlike Quinn) and the game does correctly recognize that he's alive and well. Maybe one day they'll also fix you getting the break up mail when you shouldn't. Gave me a heart attack the first time it happened.

Weird that you have Senya but not Arcann, that truly is a strange and annoying bug. It's like the game can't keep the plot flags right sometimes (like with the current story update doing weird things with Saboteurs.)

As long as Theron doesn't bug out on me, that would suck. It's also only ever the male companions that bug on me (outside of that time my Warrior got the dark, and light Jaesa weirdness but again, more JUS brokenness.)

Edited by Farferello

I usually have her in an outfit with a mask & hood (I don't want to see her face!) so can confirm that her customised outfit defaults to the outfit she has on when she rescues you from carbonite in KotFE. I think I mentioned this in one of my spoiler tagged replies so you may not have seen it.

Can confirm this also.

The whole scene is just super awkward on an Imp character,

And even more so with romanced Theron that he just stands there is silence with nothing to contribute but will change his pose every now and then.

As long as Theron doesn't bug out on me, that would suck.

I was one of the small few who got the romanced Theron bug in the Nathema FP, my Theron romance disappeared completely on my character I've had since 2015 and had romanced Theron since SOR, I was not happy and there was nothing that could be done to help me. I would hate anything like that bug to happen again.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I do want more Theron, of course, but I'm glad they're at least not ignoring him as new content comes in. They're making the effort to have him for those who played correctly and not have him for those who played incorrectly.

I have little sympathy for those who played the Nathema Incident ending incorrectly and get Theron in their cinematic scenes anyway :D

Edited by Hadsil