Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

Unfortunately, a rollback is not simple. It is not out of the realm of possibility, but it would have some pretty serious impact to some players. Including the need to redownload the entire game if they patched 5.4a. That would certainly not be optimal. We aren't taking any options off the table, but first we need to understand what the issue is and the best way to address it. Our goal is to get the game back online as soon as possible.

-eric

Ugh I said earlier the patch for 5.4a never deployed to me... I logged in with no patch I think the issue was the patch did not deploy at least not for me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, a rollback is not simple. It is not out of the realm of possibility, but it would have some pretty serious impact to some players. Including the need to redownload the entire game if they patched 5.4a. That would certainly not be optimal. We aren't taking any options off the table, but first we need to understand what the issue is and the best way to address it. Our goal is to get the game back online as soon as possible.

-eric

Dear Eric,

thank you for the clarification - fair enough. I for myself as well as probably most European players can and do actually understand that things can go awkward.

I wish you and your team all the best of luck.

Sincerely,

someone

Also, we have had extended down times in the past, and I can never recall getting a code for free anything. Can we please get a list of all the codes that have been giving out before? I would love to get some compensation for the lost play time.

You'll have to fan-boi up and join Twitch, or Twitter or some other social media platform, so that Bioware can say "look even when things go badly wrong, we have plenty of fans hanging on out every word".

Don't play the game by their rules - if you do they win.

All The Best

-- Roll back patch 5.4a. Make it go away.

-- Work on changing the Iokath daily (and other dailies') CXP for later, much later. 'Cause fun!

-- Work on the new FP bugs, and do a patch just for that.

I'm not crazy about the "roll back patch 5.4a" bit due to this:

"... but it would have some pretty serious impact to some players. Including the need to redownload the entire game if they patched 5.4a".

Downloading the entire game again would be a really big issue for us out here in the boonchuckies.

Dear Eric,

thank you for the clarification - fair enough. I for myself as well as probably most European players can and do actually understand that things can go awkward.

I wish you and your team all the best of luck.

Sincerely,

someone

Sure, but im just sick from this, they always ruins it for EU players and they dont even care.

Nope. Stuff for everyone 'cause everyone is affected, ain't gonna be playing "catch a code in nano-second" game, my sub is worth as much as everyone else

QFT! Trying to get a code that is posted in a thread is not fun.

Everyone with a SWTOR account is gunning for those codes -- not just thread posters.

• Dev Post
So there WAS a client side patch? Well, don't know if this helps or not but many, many of us did not get it today. Despite 3 client restarts the launcher was its normal process to a login, no "initialising", none of the usual text for client patching.

FWIW, none of us saw the problems that folks are reporting.

I'm so confused.

Yeah, we are looking into similar reports on folks not getting a patch. Hoping to have more updates soon.

-eric

Dont give us codes for "stupid ****" give us one more day on CXP event that we are loosing. You cant fix that with codes for pets, ofc its nice from you, but NOPE :)

Honestly, PLEASE, and I know for some strange reason this is a longshot, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give a permanent option to keep the XP boosts! One week isn't enough for "casual" players who can rarely play. I've still not gotten a single character to 70 because I've been away -- STILL SUBBED (since launch) -- for several months for work/RL.

The 5.0 changes have made the vanilla story seem totally disconnected from everything else (i.e. we can't earn endgame comms/crystals, etc. anymore while leveling and we can't earn CXP under new system until 70). So now leveling - which used to be great fun - is tedious.

I usually only have 1-2 hours to play as it is. I have many alts and don't have a favorite play style but am missing out on so much because CXP is locked behind level 70. Since the game is level-synced and the content is what it is, why should it matter if I'm earning CXP while finishing up Voss, Correlia...? I'll be back there again anyway for endgame.

So I'm asking, please make permanent at least the 2XP boost (give option to disable for those that want). But even better is the 12XP. I will happily pay for a 12XP boost consumable (at least XP, but frankly also this mysterious thing called CXP that I've still never seen).

You will not lose a SINGLE sub over this. You will not cut short a SINGLE sub duration over this. You will gain new players. And you will make the current subs much happier if you simply boost the rate of XP (and CXP, which I still know nothing about...)

How hard would it be to roll back to 5.4 and then TEST the fixes on the test server to resolve the bugs in 5.4a.

It seems like the ONLY real issue that needed to be addressed was the new stronghold summoning bug.

It would seem like you could simply:

1) Check to see if the account had the new stronghold.

If answer is yes then:

2) Check to see if the account had a character that earned 60 of the certificates to be allowed entrance to purchase the stronghold.

If the answer is yes to 2, then:

2a) Did they purchase a certificate and consume it to allow entry?

If the answer is yes to 2a, they own the stronghold legitimately.

If the answer is NO to 2 or 2a, then they used the exploit to purchase the stronghold. Proceed to punishment phase for exploit. At very least, remove the stronghold from their account, and do not refund any money/cartel coins used to purchase any extra rooms.

Additional punishment beyond that....go ape wild as desired.

Beyond that...you were fixing an overabundance of CXP be given, which you had already said you couldn't fix for the most part anyway.

Some Male Twi'lek dancers will be offered to you as compensation instead.

The Gods clearly didn't want you screwing around with a good thing.

Should have just left the CXP alone till next Tuesday.

Edited by Quraswren

Yeah, we are looking into similar reports on folks not getting a patch. Hoping to have more updates soon.

-eric

Thanks, Eric. I guess those of us who didn't get client-side changes were still running 5.4 which is why we didn't see any of the reported issues. What's odd is why after several client starts, the launcher never did even try to patch.

Good luck!

I'm not crazy about the "roll back patch 5.4a" bit due to this:

"... but it would have some pretty serious impact to some players. Including the need to redownload the entire game if they patched 5.4a".

Downloading the entire game again would be a really big issue for us out here in the boonchuckies.

Ugh. Downloading the entire game for a patch is terrible. But, will the game still need to be downloaded again if there's a patch 5.4a.1? Sincere question because I'm not familiar with the causes of triggering a redownload of the game.

Could we have the ability to chose witch SH to put first?

I love Dromund Kaas but it's one of the last :'(

YES!! I use Nar Shadaa is my base of operations, and it is on page 2. I get so sick of having to change pages to go to my base. I would love to be able to sort these things the way I want them.

The Gods clearly didn't want you screwing around with a good thing.

Should have just left the CXP alone till next Tuesday.

I'm on board with this. Left well enough alone, I guess we wouldn't be here. But hey, as someone pointed out, it did solve the "getting too much CXP issue". :rolleyes:

-eric

Why not try to alternate these things between US morning time and Europe morning time (which would be late US time). Just to spread the bad feelings across the globe. As it is now, every time things fail during an upgrade -- and that at is not uncommon -- Europe get the shaft. And that is not fair ... but maybe Sith are scheduling these things. Funny that, I thought they'd like Europe, based on that UK/Scottish accent they have ;)

-eric

Well, that doesn't sound good. Wouldn't there be a way around it? Such as, delete all executable files, download the launcher it put in its original place? That way all the data files would be left untouched, and even if one has been modified and deviates from the expected version, only that one data file would have to be replaced.