Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As many of you are seeing already, there are some fairly serious issues that have cropped up with GU 5.4a this morning. We are bringing the servers down to investigate what is happening and we will need to do to address it. Hold tight. Updates to follow.

-eric

Since you brought it up. I asked the other day. Still haven't seen a response. on a scale of 1-10 1 being the least and 10 being max. What is the acceptable level of bugginess do you release?

Last time i gave you a 6. Today i guess 5. 5 being when you release content you are okay with half of it working. Do you find this to be a true statement?

So today's combined output from what is, allegedly, a AAA studio is:

Hey, we are going to take the servers down to fix what we broke, but we broke it while fixing it, so now have to try and fix what we broke, before we can fix what we broke.

If it wasn't so laughable we could tun it in to a meme.

All The Best

I'm not, frankly I even expect Bioware will extend the event. If they don't, well, their reputation will plummet even lower!

There is no lower. The game is awesome but the team behind it is a joke, and recent fiascos such as ME Andromeda just confirm the reputation of BW as a gaming company.

The LEAST they should do is extend the event, also extend the subscription by 1 day, and gift 300 coins for an unlock, a pack or something, as an apology compensation.

No wonder the game is struggling to survive. It is stuff like this that kills your playerbase. And though i came back just to play the solo content and stories (i take the game for what it is), i'll probably cancel my sub once i played 2-3 vanilla stories again, and KoTET. Not worth the hassle and frustration.

From only losing a few hours out of an entire week of bonus? Really?

Maybe it's morning in where you are, but it's afternoon here in Europe almost evening. If fixing the problem will take until midnight then that is the entire primetime for Europe lost. Yes, your primetime in the region you are in may begin then, so you won't be missing much, but the same does not go for Europe.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The team is actively investigating what happened with 5.4a, obviously the issues prevalent in the patch are not good. We are going to remain down until we can figure out the issue and address it. My early expectation is that this will not be a quick process, but I do not currently have an ETA. I will keep you apprised of updates as I get them.

-eric

Hey folks,

The team is actively investigating what happened with 5.4a, obviously the issues prevalent in the patch are not good. We are going to remain down until we can figure out the issue and address it. My early expectation is that this will not be a quick process, but I do not currently have an ETA. I will keep you apprised of updates as I get them.

-eric

Wouldn't be it better if you made everyone rollback to 5.4 while the team is searching where they missed a line somewhere in the code ? This way people wouldn't get so upset.

Wouldn't be it better if you made everyone rollback to 5.4 while the team is searching where they missed a line somewhere in the code ? This way people wouldn't get so upset.

I like this idea. Would be grand if they could do that but somehow...I'm not expecting it.

Hey folks,

-eric

Oh there is my answer. Damn it. I was looking forward to playing some this evening. Hope you fix the problems soon.

Hey folks,

-eric

So real life for the rest of the day? Heard it's pretty well populated too...Lots of CXP?

Well, at least nobody can get the new stronghold without grinding the Flashpoint :p

Edited by Mubrak

You dont do Iokath, thats the only way how to enjoy it :)

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the significant cost in both credits and shards to do the missions. Maybe a one-time grind to unlock would have been fine, but having to buy the stuff every time was too much for me personally.