Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

Hey folks,

The team is actively investigating what happened with 5.4a, obviously the issues prevalent in the patch are not good. We are going to remain down until we can figure out the issue and address it. My early expectation is that this will not be a quick process, but I do not currently have an ETA. I will keep you apprised of updates as I get them.

-eric

Yea, rip EU, thx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So real life for the rest of the day? Heard it's pretty well populated too...

Well, at least nobody can get the new stronghold without grinding the Flashpoint :p

Real...Life? Which server is that?

I've been talking to my family. They seem like nice people... @.@

Edited by DarthPrimus

Hey folks,

The team is actively investigating what happened with 5.4a, obviously the issues prevalent in the patch are not good. We are going to remain down until we can figure out the issue and address it. My early expectation is that this will not be a quick process, but I do not currently have an ETA. I will keep you apprised of updates as I get them.

-eric

While I understand that you need to take the time to fix this, I really hope we can appeal to you to extend the Double CXP, EXP and Warzone event with a day, because from the sound of it Europe will be losing its prime time :(

Hey folks,

-eric

ROLLBACK???? eash

I'm envisioning devs sitting in the pit banging their heads against the wall. Not sure who this got into the wild but it sure seems fairly well bollixed.

Oh well, an early night for a change won't kill me. Good luck sorting it, guys.

I, for one, want to see this wall. It must have bits of eyebrows and shards of skin from people's foreheads dating way back.

Hey folks,

As many of you are seeing already, there are some fairly serious issues that have cropped up with GU 5.4a this morning. We are bringing the servers down to investigate what is happening and we will need to do to address it. Hold tight. Updates to follow.

-eric

We're sorry to report that the Developers responsible for implementing the update have now been sacked.

Hey folks,

-eric

We regret to inform you that those developers responsible for sacking the developers responsible for implementing the update have also been sacked.

Please Note: the sacking of developers responsible for sacking developers will continue until the patch is patched. :rak_03:

Edited by Dak_fireraker

Great... Just re-subscribed today and today is my ONLY day off of the week and for what? A small patch that could have been done during the night? Oh and don't you guys TEST your patches before?

Wondering if I should ask for a refund...

And the best part, with the myriad of issues this week, we're all here venting rather than declaring in big boisterous terms how we're going to rage quit. We need to see the finale now! All waiting with bated breath for the next (hahahahahahah) release.

Entertainment at its best.

Hey folks,

-eric

Hi Eric,

I hope you are aware that you are killing European prime time due to that? In all due respect, I try to figure out the posts and the language on this forum if SWOTR were unavailable during US prime time.

May I suggest a simple rollback and get back to testing? Its a sane and customer-friendly decision. Forcing the servers to stay down without knowing whats going on leads nowhere - except to anger of your fanbase.

Sincerely,

someone

Edited by Armagius

Decided to take a break from active involvement in Star citizen due to the delays and heel dragging in getting things done. A refreshing change to come here and have conte...

Ow, wait a sec...

Speaking of which, did SC get all major systemss implemented or still not? Feels like as they add more and more it will never be finished

Edited by Pietrastor

This is a conspiracy! They cant fix the insane CXP gains from CZ-198, Oricon etc....so they bring the servers down for as long as possible during the CXP/XP event and prevent us from accessing the game ergo, gaining from the CXP Bug :eek:

Or maybe I have finally gone senile....

This is a conspiracy! They cant fix the insane CXP gains from CZ-198, Oricon etc....so they bring the servers down for as long as possible during the CXP/XP event and prevent us from accessing the game ergo, gaining from the CXP Bug :eek:

Or maybe I have finally gone senile....

Vigilanis, here, have a Snickers.

Hi Eric,

I hope you are aware that you are killing European prime time due to that? In all due repect, I try to figure out the posts and the language on this forum if SWOTR were unavailable during US prime time.

May I suggest a simple rollback and get back to testing? Its a sane and customer-friendly decision. Forcing the servers to stay down without knowing whats going on leads nowhere - except to anger of your fanbase.

Sincerely,

someone

+1

Would it be this hard to have updates on EU servers during EU nights and on US servers during US nights?

• Dev Post
Tawn Fauns for everyone right?

Real talk, when we have long downtime, we have a SWTOR national past-time here of giving away codes for things. I wouldn't dream of disappointing you in this endeavor. I wanna get a little more clarity on the situation and if it will be a while, the codes shall rain.

-eric