Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

Yet again, you don't say what you mean by 'customizing' Theron and Shae. Does that mean only being able to plug a customization into the slot that's BEEN there, or are we going to be able to change their entire set of clothes piece by piece?

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to expect when you devs make the claim of a new "PvP." Since you continuously misrepresent giving us "2 new PVP." There was 2 new PVP maps. But only one new match type. The second "PVP" is an arena map. So @Kieth @Eric what makes a PVP? Will we be getting a new battle ground? Or just a new arena map?

Please clarify Devs

Starting this week and weekly thereafter throughout June and July, we are going to be posting on the forums to share specific features we’re thinking about and those already in-process. We want to get your input and talk through the pros and cons of each topic to see how you feel. We’ll set expectations for how we want to interact to keep our engagement productive, but if we all do this correctly, it’ll be a fun and rewarding experience.

We will be posting on a very wide range of topics, everything from new content to the reinvigoration of existing features. Look out for these posts every Wednesday (if that changes, we’ll let you know in advance).

Is it safe to assume that potential server population fixes will be one of these discussion topics?

I was hoping for some more details about some of the items on the roadmap (specifically the quality of life changes and the class balance changes), but it's nice to have a timetable for when content and changes are scheduled to be rolled out. A lot of the items mentioned on said roadmap were already stated to be happening in the past, so there's not a lot of new info here, but again... it's nice to have a timetable, to have a date set down instead of keeping it in the nebulous realm of 'soon' or 'in the future'.

As one of TOR's resident decorating addicts, the idea of more search functionality through the decorations interface is a big plus for me! Also, getting confirmation of the long-rumored Manaan stronghold made me quite happy! I do hope you intend to increase the maximum amount of strongholds allowed at that time, so those who have already bought all the existing strongholds don't have to ditch one to buy the new one. Being able to have more keys to other people's strongholds would be pretty sweet too, hint hint... ;)

We could use a few critical details on Strongholds, if you can please find a moment to answer.

* Will our limit of Strongholds increase to 6, so that we don't have to give one up to get the new one?

* Will there be any system changes or improvements? For example, Legacy-wide keys?

* Will there be any possible UI improvements, such as fitting more strongholds on the first screen?

* Will there be any fixes or improvements to existing decorations?

Thanks!

Edited by Xina_LA

For whatever it's worth I am sure all of us PvPers are thrilled to hear that UCs will be made legacy-wide and we'll be getting a new warzone again,

Also I am really glad you heard the PvPers concerns about UC's being far too grindy right now.

I'm liking this but... it's not enough. Gearing through PvP is painfully slow and PvE Operations allow you to achieve BiS gear much faster which is totally unfair to players who strictly PvP and want to stay PvP'ing. There's also the huge gear disparity with how Tier 1 is still going to be a part of this system when the difference between Tier 1 (and I'd say even Tier 2 w/ Bolster) with Tier 4 is pretty big.

It's too grindy, PvP'ers shouldn't have to grind for what really is PvE gear, and honestly with all players we shouldn't have to deal with RNG gearing. It's a shame none of this stuff was addressed. :(

Nothing on server pop., nothing on last 3 bosses, no GC plans/reforms, can't see the seam between 5.0 and 6.0 (i.e. the logical "ending point" is not in sight). That's not making guild planning/retention easy. Edited by DarthScruffy

I don't mean to be a sourpuss, but...

We were told we'd get general info about "the rest of the year". We didn't get that. 6.0?

Platinum gear means I have to raid for pvp gear?

I've been waiting for info on dead servers for 3 years - many people have. Where's the communication? Ben gave us lots of streams, too... Time to stop waiting I guess.

OK.

As an overall feeling about the Roadmap I'd give it a 7 out of 10. There's specific commitments to release dates for the three content updates. There's an outline of what we can expect with each of those content drops.

I am not an Ops player, nor do I PvP, but so glad to see that those who are will be shown some love over the summer. Shame the Op is more Iokath - really is time to move on from the KotFE/ET/Iokath stuff in my opinion - it doesn't now and never has "felt like Star Wars".

The ability to craft Tier 4 is nice - but if it is similarly gated to the existing Tiers its still totally unavailable to many crafters. Having the Schematics drop form Command Crates - at a Tier that many Casual/Crafters will not likely reach is again pushing things further away from a lot of players.

Command Experience Legacy Perk is a step sideways. CXP is still way too grindy. We were told one Command Level per hour of Play; I have NEVER seen that happen except in the first ten or so levels. CXP needs to be Legacy Wide - because it is just a fancy name for a Reputation, and all other Reps are Legacy Wide.

I had a character that was at level 70 from the last XP Boost event, and she was at level 70 by the time she had completed Chapter 2 of the Class Story. By the time I had completed the Class Story, Illum, Ziost and Rishi - well over 15 hours of playtime, I was at Command Level 12. I'm now on the 2nd to last chapter of KotFE and shes now at Command Rank 24, and that is with also doing at least 4 H2+'s a day.

New SH is nice, especially if it is Manaan - but Manaan is crying out for more actual content as well. Would be nice to toe unlocking the basic Stronghold to a mini quest chain, with the reward being the right to own property on Manaan.

New way to search for Decorations is nice, but unless it has a conventional Search Bar function we can type into is still essentially useless - because some of the existing filters don't make too much sense anyway.

Class Balancing is always nice - especially if your main is a TK Sage.

Final Verdict: OK-ish so far, much more needs to be done to the address the CXP uber-grind.

All The Best

I don't mean to be a sourpuss, but...

We were told we'd get general info about "the rest of the year". We didn't get that. 6.0?Well we kinda did with him saying he will do a road map every quarter :rolleyes: but I get what you are saying.

Platinum gear means I have to raid for pvp gear? no no this is modable stuff from like the cartel market for example the new tyth pole saber thing drops off of tyth

I've been waiting for info on dead servers for 3 years - many people have. Where's the communication? Ben gave us lots of streams, too... Time to stop waiting I guess.

yea i got nothing this should really be addressed.:rak_02: Edited by tinybdmc

I'm liking this but... it's not enough. Gearing through PvP is painfully slow and PvE Operations allow you to achieve BiS gear much faster which is totally unfair to players who strictly PvP and want to stay PvP'ing. There's also the huge gear disparity with how Tier 1 is still going to be a part of this system when the difference between Tier 1 (and I'd say even Tier 2 w/ Bolster) with Tier 4 is pretty big.

It's too grindy, PvP'ers shouldn't have to grind for what really is PvE gear, and honestly with all players we shouldn't have to deal with RNG gearing. It's a shame none of this stuff was addressed. :(

Tier 1 isn't currently a part of the UC system at all, the change is just meant to allow level 70 players to quickly buy a "base tier" of gear after doing KotET, EC, FPs and no RNG. It's similar to how planetary comm and the cheapest "crystals" from old patches could buy a low-tier non-set-bonus gear set.

I understand it's disappointing to not see changes like "all RNG is removed from gearing forever!" because we have our own gameplay to worry about, but from a few of the "I hate RNG" threads you can easily gather that the solo players like having a chance to gear up through their own style of play too. Just like how we're complaining about being forced to PvE for gear, they'd dislike it if their system was scrapped entirely.

Let's hold off on criticizing the changes. They said UCs will be legacy bound. That alone is a huge change. A small tweak to drop rates (say, doubling them) will effectively make the UC system a good way to gear in PvP, and you'd never have to open another command crate ever again. But we can't push them to make drastic changes to gear because aside from dropping gear entirely from PvP, any change they make to PvP gearing will affect PvE too. Let's be patient, they showed that they're listening, give them time to act.

All I want to know is what scrub thought that the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy would be unable to or perhaps would be unmotivated to find his wife (Mako) BEFORE helping anyone?

Without Mako the galaxy can burn. :mad: I'll light the fires :mad:

PS. Thank you for the guide.

Edited by TheSkate

1) Doesn't look like you can get all of Gods in the machine out within the year if the 2nd boss releases in July not June.

2) What happened to the originally announced master mode Tyth when the the 2nd boss comes out, master mode 2nd boss when the 3rd boss comes out and so on?

3) If you want to improve the games raiding community TAKE OPS OUT OF CONQUEST (or change it to require all bosses) . Raiding should be about doing a full raid, not farming the last boss. This also results in people gearing up and wanting to do HM whilst only having experience of the last boss.

4) What's platinum gear? Does that mean a platinum rarity cartel item or something?

5) Unassembled components need to drop in PVE. Raiding is a valid way of gearing at Tier 3 but not Tier 4 and GSF remains the only decent way to get tier 4.

6) I assume it means purple Tier 4 is craftable?

7) Buff sorcs plz.

And of course, Praise be to Lord Covfefe (son on Ptach) for delivering this roadmap.

Edited by DarthZaul

All I want to know is what scrub thought that the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy would be unable to or perhaps would be unmotivated to find his wife (Mako) BEFORE helping anyone?

^ This.

My BH would storm the gates of hell, with nothing but a rusty spoon and a sith-eating grin to get Mako back; and he'd do that BEFORE giving a damn about Valkorian, hist twisted family, Iokath or saving the Empire/Republic from the Eternal Fleet. If they depend on just one man's help to fight that fight they deserve to go under.

All The Best

fixing of old bugs is perfect idea,

and i have another one perfect idea: how about special mechanics for collections unlocking - when i have emote on one char and i unlocking it for account on another, it would be very nice to AUTOMATICALLY unlock them on all char that i have. Its very simple, tiny, unimportant, but nice improvement

Lel, the responses in this thread is exactly what I expected.

WIth that said I'm disappointed that we didn't get details on actual class balance, except that its gonna happen. Throw us a bone here! Are mercs and snipers overtuned in the sight of the devs? Is sage dps supposed to be weak sauce? Would like to actually hear what the devs say instead of just alluding to it!

Anyways, looking forward to legacy UC. Thank god. Please this can't come soon enough....

^ This.

My BH would storm the gates of hell, with nothing but a rusty spoon and a sith-eating grin to get Mako back; and he'd do that BEFORE giving a damn about Valkorian, hist twisted family, Iokath or saving the Empire/Republic from the Eternal Fleet. If they depend on just one man's help to fight that fight they deserve to go under.

All The Best

Seconding the "this". Or thirding, I suppose.

My BH realized the drinks in Odessen's cantina and Niko's company is a more worth-while way of spending his time than all this Valkorion-blah blah while forcing those so-called Intelligence people to find Mako.

...she's not gonna be happy about the state of my BH's liver. He can't wait to hear her rant at how badly he's taken care of himself.

Edit:

Otherwise I like the looks of the roadmap. I'll need to make myself grind to GC300 on my new main while the BH drinks more. Also, add me to the list of people who'd like to know what kind of companion customizations we're talking about; dress-up or just a head transfusion?

Edited by Rheshalea

Just posted this on another thread this morning...haha

In a few days we will be back here complaining about what took them so long to get out the roadmap, because there wont be anything special on it...

-every 1-2 months an OP boss...

-one new flashpoint in the distant future...

-one new stronghold in the distant future...

-10 new comps in the distant future...

-customizable comps in the distant future...

-cxp point bonus or even legacy wide cxp in the distant future...

-10 new cartel packs immediately after next weeks downtime!

Thx for listening...*drops-mic*