Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

The game's been out for over a month now, had its first major patch, and still not even a WORD from anyone about this. Really, I'm kinda sad that I'm giving Bioware until 1.2 in March to REinsert COMPLETED content that the game should've launched with.

It wouldn't be so bad if the hoods weren't so rushed and sloppy-looking. Not only did they not bother with hair (which would have been quite a bit of work, but considering how obviously bald they make you look, and how long they had to work on this game, you think something could've been done), many of the hoods don't even look like they belong on the armor to begin with.

Either make hoods look halfway decent, give us hood down options, or implement a hood toggle. One of these has to be done by 1.2, and the sooner Bioware tells us what they're doing, the better.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game's been out for over a month now, had its first major patch, and still not even a WORD from anyone about this. Really, I'm kinda sad that I'm giving Bioware until 1.2 in March to REinsert COMPLETED content that the game should've launched with.

It wouldn't be so bad if the hoods weren't so rushed and sloppy-looking. Not only did they not bother with hair (which would have been quite a bit of work, but considering how obviously bald they make you look, and how long they had to work on this game, you think something could've been done), many of the hoods don't even look like they belong on the armor to begin with.

Either make hoods look halfway decent, give us hood down options, or implement a hood toggle. One of these has to be done by 1.2, and the sooner Bioware tells us what they're doing, the better.

I second. Hood down armors are the easiest to implement. They are already implemented. Hood down armors by 1.2, BW. Please allow Jedi to look as you advertised (and, with the launch screenshot and character creation screen and box cover, continue to advertise) that we would.

<< The sooner the better, indeed. This makes me be very pissed about the game actually. Also, with all theses threads and huge amount of posts / views, we didn't have any official answer, did we ? >>

Stephen Reid posted early in the thread saying that he's passing on the request and that something-or-other would be tricky to implement. I'm not sure if there are other staff posts but it's officially on their table...

<< The sooner the better, indeed. This makes me be very pissed about the game actually. Also, with all theses threads and huge amount of posts / views, we didn't have any official answer, did we ? >>

Stephen Reid posted early in the thread saying that he's passing on the request and that something-or-other would be tricky to implement. I'm not sure if there are other staff posts but it's officially on their table...

He said the Hood Toggle would be tricky to implement. We have heard nothing about simply adding in hood down armors, and seeing as they are all over the links on my first post in this thread, and currently all over the Sith side of the game, I can't imagine it would be hard at all.

funny thing is ... the first armor u can buy for tython-commendations.... is by far (till now) the best looking robe (robe-like) armor ingame...

my opinion mind you

Indeed, I would love to see more armor like that. Then again I'd take the hooded robes over the weird futuristic samurai looking pvp armor lol. But ya, that gear you get on tython is awesome and I was pretty disappointed as I leveled up that every piece of gear I got was more ugly hooded robes. I was always hoping to see more of the tython gear or something like the robes you see in the character creation screen.

Indeed, I would love to see more armor like that. Then again I'd take the hooded robes over the weird futuristic samurai looking pvp armor lol. But ya, that gear you get on tython is awesome and I was pretty disappointed as I leveled up that every piece of gear I got was more ugly hooded robes. I was always hoping to see more of the tython gear or something like the robes you see in the character creation screen.

We all were. The great news is all of that gear is completed, and all it takes is for the Devs to agree to put it in the game. This is by far the easiest thing they can do to make their players happy, and I trust they will soon realize that and act accordingly.

and I trust they will soon realize that and act accordingly.

I'm glad you still have that sort of faith in them. I genuinely am.

/vent on

My faith, however, concerning this issue is thoroughly gone. Out of curiosity today I spent some time looking through each of the class and AC forums to get a sense of everyone's thoughts on the current state of gear variety and options. Without fail there are complaint threads on every single forum, although JKs clearly are the most outspoken. Within those very common, large and small, heated, polite, rude, etc threads, I saw one dev post. One....Stephen's from this thread...the post he never followed up on.

From my perspective, they simply do not care at all about this issue and what we are asking for. I understand the standard can't-respond-to-everything defense, and I get it. However, a look through the dev tracker will show responses to some pretty unusual and highly unique threads, while this request, this complaint, this very important issue (to us), which is constantly on the main page of this forum and others, remains completely ignored. Sorry, but there's zero excuse for this sort of ambivalence and outward disregard from BW. We've waited long enough, been polite and considerate, and we're well past the point in which that consideration and patience should have been "rewarded". In short, their silence on this matter is 100% unacceptable, imo.

I'm very sad about it...but this will be my last month unless they address this issue, and address it extremely well, soon.

/vent off

Edited by photoheathen

/signed.

I have been discouraged to the point of giving up my lvl 44 Knight completely. It's sad that a company that has raked in so much profit from titles such as the Mass Effect series, KOTOR series, and Dragon Age, has to resort to the old 'bait and switch' buisiness model. There is simply no moral explanation as to why you would give us all of these aesthetically pleasing armors in the beta, then rip them away from us come launch time. And to make matters WORSE, their devs have the nerve to act like the armors were never there in the first place.

Bioware, we know you're going to come out with an expansion sometime in the future that magically has all of this armor we saw pre-launch. We know you're going to force us to dish out extra cash for this. It won't be a suprise to anyone. Now please, don't treat us like we're idiots.

Thank you.

Bioware, we know you're going to come out with an expansion sometime in the future that magically has all of this armor we saw pre-launch. We know you're going to force us to dish out extra cash for this. It won't be a suprise to anyone.

Sadly, I think that's the way of it. Just like there were a few faces for Aric in beta and now... guess what? The one is on the authenticator vendor.

So, fellow Guardians, get ready to pay extra real life money for the hood-down robes we see in all the advertising!

Since plenty of npc's and gear for other classes (specifically empire side) already have the hood down (lord zash for example), it should be really easy to implement.

The fact that it hasn't happened already to me simply means that for Bioware this isn't a big issue. Why they would think that is beyond me though.

Edited by teoita

/signed

yes please give us the armors from all the screenshots and videos.

the picture below is for me the best looking armor in the game, or that should have been in the game :-(

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/classes/jedi-knight/images/advclass/ss2_800x450.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if they removed armor like that from the game because they turned off the ability for players to have the game actually look like that with the high res textures and such.

Sometimes I wonder if they removed armor like that from the game because they turned off the ability for players to have the game actually look like that with the high res textures and such.

No.

There still are a few hood down robes (still with the HORRIBLE and Look-breaking large butt issue) in the game you can get, they just aren't moddable I think.

But the textures is another problem, it's not related. Especially since the hood is just a clipping part, the actual textures for the robes are exactly the same weither it is hood down or up. (you can easily see that with NPC wearing the same robes with hood down)

I can't be bothered to play anymore, this has now become a gameplay issue for me that's even more bothersome than ability delay. What's the point of running flashpoints? you know all your getting is a recolour of the same hooded robe which gives you a fat ***, the same look you've had for the past 40 levels.

This game has no gear progression, and gear progression makes me feel like I'm being rewarded, it's something I look forward too and without it I wont resub another month.

And I can feel this issue is something that will never be resolved, I really don't see them replacing and swapping the launch models with the ones we had in beta. Does anyone really think they will go back and sort this out in a timely fashion when they have all the PvP'ers QQ'ing about Illum? And if they do fix it in 6 months time, how many of us would have lost patience to even care to comeback? We are not even getting aknowledgement from the devs that this is an issue they are looking into.

So I've given up.

Edited by spacemonkey

I can't be bothered to play anymore, this has now become a gameplay issue for me that's even more bothersome than ability delay. What's the point of running flashpoints? you know all your getting is a recolour of the same hooded robe which gives you a fat ***, the same look you've had for the past 40 levels.

This game has no gear progression, and gear progression makes me feel like I'm being rewarded, it's something I look forward too and without it I wont resub another month.

And I can feel this issue is something that will never be resolved, I really don't see them replacing and swapping the launch models with the ones we had in beta. Does anyone really think they will go back and sort this out in a timely fashion when they have all the PvP'ers QQ'ing about Illum? And if they do fix it in 6 months time, how many of us would have lost patience to even care to comeback? We are not even getting aknowledgement from the devs that this is an issue they are looking into.

So I've given up.

I'm not so far as to not want to play myself, but I do have to agree....watching the Gear progression videos from pre launch I was like, 'IM ROLLING A GUARDIAN' and then its been pretty disappointing not seeing that gear progression in game.....

I'm fairly happy atm wearing various oranges including parts of the lvl 40 PVP gear atm tho.... (currently lvl 48) I mean there are some ok looks, but not at all what i was expecting. There's a fe nuggets out there...I have a face mask thats like half of Revan's mask which is awesome from red reaper.... but besides the pvp lvl 40 cape at this level...the rest of the armor is ALL the single same robe recoloured...

I played in beta and there was a PLETHORA of other armors i found, including a white vader looking chest with the box, and cape from Esseles. I also had a purple lightsaber crystal...but thats another matter....

Edited by JeedaiFiresaber

And yet they removed color matching because "we want gear progression".

Personally, I think this entire scenario qualifies as an "epic fail".

Even if they did want to put in "gear progression", does this mean we all have to look the same until level 50?

I'm really tired of MMOs basically saying that you will look like garbage before level cap.

I will say that my Gunslinger got her look together at around level 30, but that's mostly because I don't like the trenchcoat stuff.

Edited by Cedia

Personally, I think this entire scenario qualifies as an "epic fail".

Even if they did want to put in "gear progression", does this mean we all have to look the same until level 50?

I'm really tired of MMOs basically saying that you will look like garbage before level cap.

I will say that my Gunslinger got her look together at around level 30, but that's mostly because I don't like the trenchcoat stuff.

Other classes are fine.

Especially the mirror one, Sith warrior. That's what makes it worst. When you know that back in BETA, it was perfect for Jedi knights. (minor the TERRIBLE AND LOOK RUINING LARGE BUTT ISSUE)

Other classes are fine.

Especially the mirror one, Sith warrior. That's what makes it worst. When you know that back in BETA, it was perfect for Jedi knights. (minor the TERRIBLE AND LOOK RUINING LARGE BUTT ISSUE)

Thats the bigger tease for me...I ws in beta, and saw a whole bunch of armors that are now missing...

I do not understand some of the sweeping changes they made at the last minute after beta closed...