Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

Stephen Reid has always been full of ****.

If a toggle of so hard, and I don't believe for a second that it is. Then duplicate every piece and make a hood down version.

God it's pathetic. I don't believe it's hard, I just thing not doing so, is easy and unless a decision is based on story, Bioware takes the easy way out.

So basically, you're going to assume that the devs, who have a career doing this, don't know what they're doing simply because of your gut feeling. Yeah, real sound logic there.

If they say it's difficult, it's difficult.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take Stephen Reid at his word about the difficulty of the hood toggle. But no one has commented on the difficulty of simply adding the armors in the links on this thread into the game. I can't imagine any reason why it would be hard.

I take Stephen Reid at his word about the difficulty of the hood toggle. But no one has commented on the difficulty of simply adding the armors in the links on this thread into the game. I can't imagine any reason why it would be hard.

Exactly. There is armor is this game ALREADY with hoods down. Its not hard to just add those for players, is it?

/signed

Devs, if you don't add a toggle AT LEAST add some armor on the republic side with hoods down.

I never post on forums. Ever. But this has been bugging me so greatly that I have to say something about it.

Could we PLEASE get a response about this? Take a minute out of your day and inform your paying customers. Judging by the number of responses to the OP, this is a big issue to many players.

I think Synthweaving would be a reasonable avenue for addressing this concern.

Adding some modifiable, hood down schematics to the Synthweaving skill wouldn't require updating loot tables, it would help boost the player driven part of the economy, and... well, and I have 400 Synthweaving, so it would make me happy.

/signed

i'm sick with all these hoods already, i can't play my JK anymore. it's constantly bugging me, and i can't do **** about this.

and you know what's the worst in this? that it was totally alright in beta.

BW, please, don't let me unsub, i've waited for this game for too long to drop it after a month of playing. fix this.

I tried playing Imps for a few hours (just to play through Black Talon) and... I really like the look of most of their armor sets compared to Reps. Hoodless robes... Low level armor sets that aren't robes (and that don't have backpacks)... They actually have OPTIONS! What's going on here?

Never Post On Forums, Ever but this is kinda silly, bioware this post is months old and it seems pretty easy i mean whats the difference between a sith and a jedi? why can the hood down be transfered from sith to jedi? whats with all this aggrovation over nothing, you cold make such a large percentage of your population happy and get so many more subsrcibers just with a simply addition/fix, yet you ignore the issue for months and basicly send the message 'F*** you guys just keep paying and keep your opinions to yourselves'

this is kind of unacceptable bioware, wheres the love? :(

Stephen Reid just said on Reddit that a Hood Toggle was difficult to add to the game. He has been an honest Communtiy Rep and I accept him at his word, so I get that may not come for a while.

Still though, I (and a ton of other Knight players) don't want to be stuck playing a bald hooded character til 50. So please add this interim fix. The following armors are completed and playable, as we have seen from this very website. Please add moddable versions of the following to the game as soon as possible:

The two Guardian and first Sentinel chest piece from this video:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/jedi-knight-progression

The Knight from this video:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/taral-v-developer-walkthrough

If this is different from the Class Progression video, than the Knight armor shown here:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/join-fight

The Jedi Armor from 1:05/1:06 in this video:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/fate-galaxy

The armor on the central image on this page:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/jedi-knight

The Sentinel armor shown here:

The Guardian armor shown here:

... and the Guardian armor shown here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/inhabitants/miraluka

... and here:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/e3-multiplayer-demo

If some of these are duplicate looks, then just add one, but right there are at least 8 chestpieces with the hood down, both Guardian and Sentinel, and if they were added in as moddable orange chest pieces, it would make at least this Jedi Knight, and though I don't speak for anybody else, I imagine a lot of other Knights, happy enough to enjoy playing our characters until such time as a toggle can be made.

Please do this. You have the art. It's done. It's as simple as adding 8 chestpieces to the game. With so little effort, you could make so many of your players happy to play again, and happy to subscribe again. Thank you for listening.

Dude!!!! I want those!!!!

/signed :D

If anything just add a ton of non hood armor.

While you're at it. Get a new designer for the jedis.

As Kira said "It's like every fashion designer went to the darkside"

Luckily I found ONE good set of consular gear thats orange, and my sentinel is wearing orange smuggler gear so I'm dealing.

but please give the knights more style.

I remember a similar issue on Star Wars Galaxies.

Initially there was no 'hood up' options (even though NPCs wore cloaks with their hoods up).

Then the dev team added a cloak with 'hood up' for use by players.

Then later a toggle was added " /hood " which toggled the hood on cloaks up and down.

As much as I loved Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars The Old Republic is lightyears ahead of that game. While I appreciate it maybe hard to code a hood toggle, and also I guess if you give Jedi Knights 'hood down' options, Consulars will need something also (I really would like an Omenbringer robe with a hood down). It isn't beyound you. I'll quite happily wait for it, though it would be nice if you guys said 'yes we are working on this one for 1.2 (or something).

While it may seem trivial, and I guess it has occured to you that the items we are requesting modifiied are all below level 50 gear... and that at level 50 we may not be wearing the gear (That is to say that you do all the work to add hood down options / a toogle, and then at 50 people discard the robes you've added.) ... thats not going to be 100% the case.

My characters are all wearing modded pre-level 50 gear at level 50. I don't plan on PVP'ing and I don't plan on wearing the hard mode or heroic kit. It just looks weird (a little dash of stylised surrealism I feel). I know I'm not the only person out there like that, as there are many people wearing things like the Jedi Battlelord's armour, modded with purple mods and enhancements.

I think I'm waffling, essentially all i wanted to say was /signed.

I'd also like to thank JohnRoy for his championing of this issue for the better part of two months now! Thank you John. Please keep up the good work!

Remember the first time you ever saw a Jedi, what was the 1st thing he did close up...

Toggle his hood off...

Obi wan wanders down the mountain scaring the bejeezuz out of the sand people, with his hood up, then heals luke and in close up, toggles his hood to talk to R2d2...

Can't get more iconic than that..

I remember a similar issue on Star Wars Galaxies.

Initially there was no 'hood up' options (even though NPCs wore cloaks with their hoods up).

Then the dev team added a cloak with 'hood up' for use by players.

Then later a toggle was added " /hood " which toggled the hood on cloaks up and down.

As much as I loved Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars The Old Republic is lightyears ahead of that game. While I appreciate it maybe hard to code a hood toggle, and also I guess if you give Jedi Knights 'hood down' options, Consulars will need something also (I really would like an Omenbringer robe with a hood down). It isn't beyound you. I'll quite happily wait for it, though it would be nice if you guys said 'yes we are working on this one for 1.2 (or something).

While it may seem trivial, and I guess it has occured to you that the items we are requesting modifiied are all below level 50 gear... and that at level 50 we may not be wearing the gear (That is to say that you do all the work to add hood down options / a toogle, and then at 50 people discard the robes you've added.) ... thats not going to be 100% the case.

My characters are all wearing modded pre-level 50 gear at level 50. I don't plan on PVP'ing and I don't plan on wearing the hard mode or heroic kit. It just looks weird (a little dash of stylised surrealism I feel). I know I'm not the only person out there like that, as there are many people wearing things like the Jedi Battlelord's armour, modded with purple mods and enhancements.

I think I'm waffling, essentially all i wanted to say was /signed.

I'd also like to thank JohnRoy for his championing of this issue for the better part of two months now! Thank you John. Please keep up the good work!

Totally agree! :)

Please give Consulars a way to wear their armors without hoods. The head pieces for the consulars are esoteric and bizarre--which is fine for a Star Wars motif, but I would simply like to wear my desired outfits without their hoods. Many of the Consular robes/chest pieces are very nice, but they force you to wear a hood that hides your character's face or hair--making you look bald.

All this stuff was mentioned before, but I just wanted to support the addition of Consulars and Inquisitors as well. The tiara-like head pieces do not cancel out the hoods. The huge or bizarre looking head pieces do, but they cancel out the hair. I just want to wear outfits without being forced to hide my character's face and hair.

Particularly, there are some robes with an armor like guard protruding up from the shoulders for Consulars. It looks great, but it also forces a very shallow and thin hood over your character--making your character look pretty much like a nun. There is no way to wear this armor (and many others) and not have that effect unless you wear a huge nun abbot hat, full face covering alien iron mask, etc.

I'm currently trying to find any headpiece that does not cover your character's head and face while also canceling the hood effect on chest armors. I suspect there is no effective way to do this presently.

Edited by Savarous

• 2 weeks later...
With the 1.2 update being pushed back to April, can we get an update from the devs as to whether or not the hooded "issue" fix will be rolled into the update, as well as the companion headslot fix?

That would be great. I wonder if it's possible, or if 1.2 is already a fixed "bundle" that is just going through QA but way too far along to add something in. I hope that's not the case and I am pulling my hood down sooner than expected.

• 1 month later...
I agree I with you guys I miss seeing my hair!! I want to see my hair swing again when I am trying to cut someone in half with my lightsaber:) Honestly why is that not an option lol. Bioware had to foresee that we were going to say "hey... can I put my hood down?". Yeah they are going to add that on here for sure because that is a benefit to the game that is just way to obvious. Bioware add that and continue on putting a smile on my face you guys are great.:):)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeeees.. Every person I've spoken to want a hood-toggle or, as the OP suggested, just one robe that has got the hood down. I know there's a black/orange medium armor robe, blue quality, that has got the hood down. Turn that into a moddable item!

• 3 weeks later...
What was the last word on this? That Hood Toggles were going to be in the next major update? Or is it the "in the pipeline but we don't know when" answer? Has there been any word about the Hood Toggle one way or the other as far as inclusion in 1.3? Or that the hood down versions would be added?

• 1 month later...