Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

I've gone to removing my toons chest armor when I know I'm going to be talking to someone that probably won't end in a fight just so I can see my toons hair! I shouldn't have to do that! :( Add in the fact my toon is female, peoplee probably think I'm wierd now, no, I just want to see her hair after 15 levels of not seeing it (15-30).

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't really care about the whole hood toggle thing, just make sure there are duplicates of all the hooded armors with the hoods down, I can switch them out manually if need be.

To me Consulars should be hooded, Knights shouldn't. So I completely avoid any armors with hoods, which doesn't leave me with any options.

Like Nyz I've been using the orange Aspiring Knight's set since level 15 and have seen nothing else that even tempts me to change. And I don't really like it that much, though I have a light side and dark side Sentinel that both wear them, as well as both of their Kiras. Times for a change please.

:(

Edited by Livingston

Depends on what we are talking about here.

Having a "hood toggle" that removes the hood from the model completely would probably be very possible in the future. After all there are versions of it for every Twi'lik. It could be as easy as putting in a button that makes the chest piece think your a Twi'lik, but i would never claim anything is easy when dealing with a game this large.

Having a "hood toggle" that LOWERS your hood and still has it on the model would require the art team to go back and look at every model they have ever done and duplicate it with a lowered hood. Which is a tremendous task. Plus there are some chest models like the armored Guardian pieces with a high metal collar behind the head that would clip if there was a lowered hood, looking worse than anything.

Adding models from the Sith side that have a lowered hood would probably be possible, but it is messing very much with the visual asthetic that they have conceived for each side that makes them unique. In fact they probably have such lowered models because Sith Warrior's use masks and helmets that would end up having to remove the hood anyway. And doing a texture swap for some models would still be a bit of work. And once again they may not be willing to compromise the visual asthetic in such a cheap way. Is this the price they should pay for making such a (IMHO) bad decision as to make it so that virtually ALL Jedi knight chestpieces have hoods that make you look bald? Maybe.

I mean I'd just be happy if i could see my hair underneath.

I was wondering a lot why the armors were removed in the first place. In beta there was much more variety, not just for jedi.

At this point I would love to here some speculation. It makes me go nuts, not being able to wear hood downs that were already in beta. Makes no sense to me. And why we are told its a big undertaking when we all know it is not...

I brought this up back on Page 7 and was basically 'told' by the folks here that they removed all that beautiful beta gear (which, yes, I wore as well) because they needed "new" content to add later, and that most people wouldn't know the difference.

Long time beta testers all know with absolute certainty that there is a wealth of gear variety in existence. Why we don't have access to it, I'm afraid, is a question I highly doubt will ever actually be answered. When they finally decide to pass off gear I was wearing in August as "new"...well, I will not be pleased.

Edited by photoheathen

Depends on what we are talking about here.

Having a "hood toggle" that removes the hood from the model completely would probably be very possible in the future. After all there are versions of it for every Twi'lik. It could be as easy as putting in a button that makes the chest piece think your a Twi'lik, but i would never claim anything is easy when dealing with a game this large.

Having a "hood toggle" that LOWERS your hood and still has it on the model would require the art team to go back and look at every model they have ever done and duplicate it with a lowered hood. Which is a tremendous task. Plus there are some chest models like the armored Guardian pieces with a high metal collar behind the head that would clip if there was a lowered hood, looking worse than anything.

Adding models from the Sith side that have a lowered hood would probably be possible, but it is messing very much with the visual asthetic that they have conceived for each side that makes them unique. In fact they probably have such lowered models because Sith Warrior's use masks and helmets that would end up having to remove the hood anyway. And doing a texture swap for some models would still be a bit of work. And once again they may not be willing to compromise the visual asthetic in such a cheap way. Is this the price they should pay for making such a (IMHO) bad decision as to make it so that virtually ALL Jedi knight chestpieces have hoods that make you look bald? Maybe.

I mean I'd just be happy if i could see my hair underneath.

What I am talking about is none of those things. I am talking about adding in the Jedi armors with the hoods down that are all over this web site. It requires NONE of the above work. All the links in my first post are to this very website and they show armors that are already complete.

I'm not asking the Devs to do anything except make a duplicate version of the armors that are currently moddable hood up versions that uses the hood down art, give them the exact same stats, and only do it for the armors they already have completed in a hood down version, which, as per my first post, is at least twelve. With no work necesssary.

I just realized why we don't get an update. It's mostly just the same few people (including me) around here all the time.

Maybe this issue isn't that big at all, maybe it's just big for us?

Or maybe not enough people come in the class forums, and we should try to move to the general discussion, with the question: why were armor sets removed from the game before launch?

That way more people would post on the thread, as all classes lost loads of good looking armor, and everyoen has around 2-3 sets with different recolors throughout the entire game.

What do you think?

I just realized why we don't get an update. It's mostly just the same few people (including me) around here all the time.

Or maybe not enough people come in the class forums, and we should try to move to the general discussion, with the question: why were armor sets removed from the game before launch?

That way more people would post on the thread, as all classes lost loads of good looking armor, and everyoen has around 2-3 sets with different recolors throughout the entire game.

What do you think?

Anything that helps, helps.

What do you think?

I too want hoodless robes, but Ive been letting you all fight the good fight. I haven't seen my hair since level 10 and wonder if it's all fallen out yet. I miss my beta armor. :(

What I am talking about is none of those things. I am talking about adding in the Jedi armors with the hoods down that are all over this web site. It requires NONE of the above work. All the links in my first post are to this very website and they show armors that are already complete.

I'm not asking the Devs to do anything except make a duplicate version of the armors that are currently moddable hood up versions that uses the hood down art, give them the exact same stats, and only do it for the armors they already have completed in a hood down version, which, as per my first post, is at least twelve. With no work necesssary.

Most, if not all, of those are from early, even pre-beta, versions of the game, and may not exist anymore or don't work with the current character models. So that would mean essentially creating new models.

What do you think?

There are more of us out there that don't post regularly on the forums with the same opinions. I can't stand that I haven't had a hoodless chest piece in forever. My knight has been hooded since level 23 or so and she is now 44. This game has been nearly flawless, but the every chest piece has a hood is far beyond old. Please Bioware, give us some hoodless robes!

Edited by Steego

This has been a frustrating and baffling issue for me, but I hadn't posted before because I felt you all were going a good job representing the issue. I now feel compelled to add my voice. I am completely lost as to why every other class can wear the outfit/armor in their character creation screen but the Jedi Knight, its just plain mean.

I know I'd like to see a lot of the hood-down armor that NPCs are wearing throughout the game itemized and made available to players.

The hood-up thing has changed my perception of my character a lot... he seems more ruthless or cold now... not wise and reserved, but cold and uncaring. I don't like it.

I made my Jedi Knight a big, softhearted, sweet, awkward guy (the voice for the male Knight helps this a lot) and now he seems sinister...

Please Bioware, help me role-play in this role-playing game. Thank you.

I know I'd like to see a lot of the hood-down armor that NPCs are wearing throughout the game itemized and made available to players.

The hood-up thing has changed my perception of my character a lot... he seems more ruthless or cold now... not wise and reserved, but cold and uncaring. I don't like it.

I made my Jedi Knight a big, softhearted, sweet, awkward guy (the voice for the male Knight helps this a lot) and now he seems sinister...

Please Bioware, help me role-play in this role-playing game. Thank you.

I think this is one of the main points here. All hood up armors take away your ability to see your character the way you want to, the way you created them. Right now only Jedi Knights are restricted in this way. IA, Trooper, BH, and Smuggler, Marauder, can take their headgear off whenever they please, and JC and SI have plenty of hoodless options. We just want a few for ourselves.

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule. ;)

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

Hey Guys, was there any followup on this one?

Hey Guys, was there any followup on this one?

Not yet. Still waiting. Can't imagine what would make adding some armors you already finished into the game with stats that are already decided (from the hood up versions.) Hopefully Stephen will soon have word of when our Jedi can advance to the level of Force Mastery where they are able to remove a hood from their head.