Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

I will not be renewing my subscription.

I do not play OPs and do not play PVP. This means I won't be able to get the components no matter how hard I grind.

When my subscription will run out in February, I will not be resuming it.

I will resume it when I'll be able to get tokens from doing ANY command stuff, and get any type of item for an amount of these marks. Until then, casual players have been rudely ignored and I will not give my money any longer.

I want to be able to get gear solely by the tokens I earn from the boxes. Nothing more nothing less. I will not give money until that request have been met.

I don't have the time for operations and I do not like PVP. I will do neither. As I can not get gear of my choice in any other way, I will not subscribe.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an aside:

I Was There (<---Old-ish EVE-meme) during the so-called "Summer of Rage" in EVE-Online (June/July 2011). Sad, bitter business, that.

This is looking almost as bad as that, except for one key thing:

CCPGames pulled its head out of its arse in time, which is arguably why I even still have an EVE-Online to go back to. This didn't come without cost though, something like 20% of CCP's staff had to be axed when all was said and done.

I am one of the EvE Summer of Rage organizers (you can check, in every game I am called Vaerah since a decade).

We organized a massive players riot because CCP started going "Bioware alike". They had recently promoted a complete *BEEP* as lead producer, a guy who would promote a terrible, (SWTOR is way better!) cash shop and flaunts his $1000 jeans to sort of "push" people spending more.

At the same time, the game was literally plagued by bugs, super-low quality expansions with little content (you see the similarities are growing!) and they went nuts "rebalancing" ships (what in SWTOR would be classes rebalancing, see Sorcs being totally nuked this expansion) and destroying their own long standing weapon / missiles names "because new players MUST read "fire missile, else if they read Phoenix they'll never imagine it's a fire missile.

Yeah. Just 95% of the games, lyrics, operas on Earth show Phoenix = related to fire but not our players, they are special.

On top of that, CCP (the game company) thought it was OH-SO-SMART to super-tax their enthusiast 3rd party freeware (!!!) developers and fansite websites. So I'd also get boned, because I both developed free apps and still have an official fansite.

They did all of this trash almost at the same time. So, they really pulled something similar to a "full round disaster" patch 5.0 SWTOR expansion and we revolted. And unsubbed en mass.

Since that glorious date, EvE's subscriptions never returned what they used to be. 70% of the developers never came back.

SWTOR? It's just like living that time again. Including borking their own lore with this "Alliance" which is just counter-nature to the SW universe.

Edited by Vaerah

Thank you so much for providing an extra way to earn gear pieces that didn't drop in the command crates. I think this system is awesome! I PvP quite a bit, so I don't see what the issue is. I'll have most of my gear via command crates, and on a few unlucky slots I'll just use this system.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

SWTOR? It's just like living that time again. Including borking their own lore with this "Alliance" which is just counter-nature to the SW universe.

The only fix for the story is to retcon out 4 and 5. They totally hosed that as far as the SW universe is concerned.

As to the game, they've screwed it up pretty good. I don't know that they'll recover. I don't know that they'll actually make any real changes unless even more subs walk out. They just don't seem to get it.

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

So let me make this clear ... you don't actually turn in the lower tier Unassembled Piece but rather an actual piece of armor???... this could be a 236 tier 2 from a Command crate? And you just pay the upgrade tier 3 fee?

If so then what if someone already torn all the mods to put them into his favorite cartel armor and sold the empty piece? And what about those at tier 3 (181+) those don't get no more tier 2 pieces to upgrade them? They simply will be disadvantaged to those still in low tier ranks? You can't use the 240s for this purpose? Once someone is rank 181+ it's goodbye for them and they have to buy tier 1 + 2 + 3 ... and those still in tier 2 just pay the tier 3 upgrade cost?

Does this seem fair?

So let me make this clear ... you don't actually turn in the lower tier Unassembled Piece but rather an actual piece of armor???... this could be a 236 tier 2 from a Command crate? And you just pay the upgrade tier 3 fee?

If so then what if someone already torn all the mods to put them into his favorite cartel armor and sold the empty piece? And what about those at tier 3 (181+) those don't get no more tier 2 pieces to upgrade them? They simply will be disadvantaged to those still in low tier ranks? You can't use the 240s for this purpose? Once someone is rank 181+ it's goodbye for them and they have to buy tier 1 + 2 + 3 ... and those still in tier 2 just pay the tier 3 upgrade cost?

Does this seem fair?

I've asked Eric to clarify the turnin mechanic in two different threads and one PM now. It's confusing even for T1. I'll repeat this here:

Hey Eric, could you clarify something?

The dev post mentions that you turn in the Tier 1 gear you get from the vendor to get Tier 2.

But what about the existing Tier 1 gear? Right now there is:

Tier 1 green 228 gear

Tier 1 blue 230 gear

Tier 1 purple 230 gear (non-set piece)

Tier 1 purple set piece gear

Will any of that be usable to turn in as Tier 1 pieces to the vendor? Some people are assuming (reasonably) that the set pieces will retain value for turnin but it is really unclear what the value is of the existing T1 pieces.

If it turns out those T1 shells everyone has been disintegrating actually had value, there's going to be a *lot* of irritated people.

So it takes 1077 ranked wins to get a full set of tier 3 gear.

If you lose regs you need 5385 matches in total.

On about 20 alts on a single server? No thanks.

Simply not ok. Especially when raiding sometimes requires a different tank for better cool downs or cool downs that would work better in that fight.

Or hey bro swap to yout healer so we can do group ranked.

Nah Man the only toon I have geared is a dps because the gearing system is trash.

Come on guys you cant possibly think this system is a good idea.

Edited by OrionLives

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

Now let’s talk about item costs from the vendor. The following costs are to purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces:

• Chest - 100
  • Legs - 100
  • Head - 100
  • Hands - 100
  • Feet - 100
  • Waist - 75
  • Wrist - 75
  • Implant - 80
  • Earpiece - 80
  • Relic - 80
  • Mainhand - 120
  • Off-hand - 120

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

• Chest – 150/225
  • Legs – 150/225
  • Head – 150/225
  • Hands – 150/225
  • Feet – 150/225
  • Waist – 115/175
  • Wrist – 115/175
  • Implant – 120/180
  • Earpiece – 120/180
  • Relic – 120/180
  • Mainhand – 180/270
  • Off-hand – 180/270

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

And how many command crates would you have opened by that time?

Well that's the problem: the crates are mostly useless junk so it doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure they've formulated the drops to be 4 tier chest pieces a week per server, or 3 tier gloves or whatever. I'm only guessing of course since BW will never disclose that number. But it's obvious it's very, very low and gets worse as the tiers go up.

So no, the crates weren't really designed to be a source for gearing. They're designed to simply keep silly people subbed and grinding.

Doesn't matter what bioware will do ppl never stop scream. I found a lot of ppl who find easy ways to get full set gear and update didnt release yet. That why i think all ppl here just babbling and im glad Devs didnt response to them because its totally pointless.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

Doesn't matter what bioware will do ppl never stop scream. I found a lot of ppl who find easy ways to get full set gear and update didnt release yet. That why i think all ppl here just babbling and im glad Devs didnt response to them because its totally pointless.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Link to one post, any post, where someone describes an "easy way" to get a full set gear set.

For pvpers, in order to quickly get just tier 1 gear, we would have to WIN 226 Warzones. and that's just for tier 1 gear. and even more WINs to get high tiers. these numbers are a rather high and your tedious grind continuous to destroy your number of sustained subs each month. by the time we pvpers have 1 fully geared toon, 6.0 will be out. its almost February and the majority still do not have fully gear command rank 300 toons. why aren't more flags popping up showing you that this is a slow broken system.

Link to one post, any post, where someone describes an "easy way" to get a full set gear set.
- are you kidding me? .. just login to game and see yourself players with this full set bonus. Too lazy to play and even to login i guess? You rly want me to login now, find some ppl with advices and make screens? I dont need screen, i can just write it - crafting + help this crafting with ops, pvp and galactic command. A lot of players have FULL SET BONUS. Then why ppl complaning? They want everything for free because they .. ekhm .. pay?

Ops and raids is boring because its old and still no new ops, i can agree with that. But argue about galactic command system (what is not perfect but not very bad) its totally waste of time.

Edited by Trlance

And how many command crates would you have opened by that time?

Something like 150 (assuming you start at level 180). Unless you were extremely lucky you'll have not your gear that way (maybe the half of it). The perversity of the system is we have no advantage to spend any component until we have enough to spend to complete the missing part because we don't know which ones they'll be. We'll be beyond level 300 at this moment, certainly.

- are you kidding me? .. just login to game and see yourself players with this full set bonus. Too lazy to play and even to login i guess? You rly want me to login now, find some ppl with advices and make screens? I dont need screen, i can just write it - crafting + help this crafting with ops, pvp and galactic command. A lot of players have FULL SET BONUS. Then why ppl complaning? They want everything for free because they .. ekhm .. pay?

Ops and raids is boring because its old and still no new ops, i can agree with that. But argue about galactic command system (what is not perfect but not very bad) its totally waste of time.

Yeah, something like this is what I thought you would say. So, you're basically talking out of your @ss when you say you see lots of posts with "easy ways" to get a full set bonus.

The others were right, time to block you, troll.

Something like 150 (assuming you start at level 180). Unless you were extremely lucky you'll have not your gear that way (maybe the half of it). The perversity of the system is we have no advantage to spend any component until we have enough to spend to complete the missing part because we don't know which ones they'll be. We'll be beyond level 300 at this moment, certainly.

Exactly. You will probably have some of the pieces you need already just from the crates. Meaning it is not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. Is it still bad? Yes, just not as bad as some claim. For some unlucky few it will be no improvement. You still have the chance of getting the same piece out of a crate right after you spend all your components on something meaning all those components are now worthless.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Simply not ok. Especially when raiding sometimes requires a different tank for better cool downs or cool downs that would work better in that fight.

Or hey bro swap to yout healer so we can do group ranked.

Nah Man the only toon I have geared is a dps because the gearing system is trash.

Come on guys you cant possibly think this system is a good idea.

1077 ranked wins to full 242, assuming you get absolutely no 230/236/242 gear from command crates through-out those 1077 wins.

Big assumption, considering the high CXP payout of ranked. Not to mention you can just buy/craft most of your gear at 240 which is about the same as 242 for PvP due to bolster being weird.

1077 ranked wins to full 242, assuming you get absolutely no 230/236/242 gear from command crates through-out those 1077 wins.

Big assumption, considering the high CXP payout of ranked. Not to mention you can just buy/craft most of your gear at 240 which is about the same as 242 for PvP due to bolster being weird.

Yeah just buy/craft 240s guys/gals, the mats are cheap and easy to get and gear is a mere pittance... what are people even complaining about? :rolleyes:

And those MASSIVE ranked CXP pay outs ( considering how fast ranked pops n all ) will easily offset the nonsense RNG etc. right?

Sarcasm aside there are people with over rank 300 who couldn't fill out a set of SB/purples of any tier combination ... why are you so blindly defending this system?

Also, a side benefit of this system is that you can transfer set pieces you don't need between alts. For example, If one character has two set wrists and no set belt, while the other has two set belts and no set wrists, you can:

1. Upgrade one of the duplicate items into a token.

2. Use the token to pick the item that suits your other char.

3. Transfer the mods in a legacy shell to your other char.

EDIT: This also means that if you get a token from a HM Op, and you have enough components to upgrade it to 242, you can claim the token for your alt, transfer the mods to your alt via legacy shell, and then upgrade the piece to 242 for your main.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Yeah just buy/craft 240s guys/gals, the mats are cheap and easy to get and gear is a mere pittance... what are people even complaining about? :rolleyes:

And those MASSIVE ranked CXP pay outs ( considering how fast ranked pops n all ) will easily offset the nonsense RNG etc. right?

Sarcasm aside there are people with over rank 300 who couldn't fill out a set of SB/purples of any tier combination ... why are you so blindly defending this system?

I've gotten enough VMC's from PvP to craft a full set of 240 if I had the schematics. I could sell them right now and just buy the gear, but I prefer the self-made satisfaction.