Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spend 2 ish hours in an ops get a piece.... Spend 2 ish hours on PvP, and get maybe 20% of a piece....

Nah, more like spend 3 hours in an op, wipe repeatedly and fail to even get to the last boss, let alone kill it

-OR-

Spend 2 hours in an op, down the last boss, and ops leader master loots and leaves

-OR-

Spend 2 hours in an op, down the last boss, and only 2/8 members actually get a piece. Better luck next week (lockout)

They didn't give us numbers for boss drop percentages, but I think it's safe to assume that they are quite low (given the grindy direction this game has been going since 5.0 was released). So I wouldn't count on seeing anything until the last boss.

First off, thank you very much for the hard numbers. I appreciate that. :)

Lastly, a question that I brought up a while back in another one of these threads, which I'm assuming wasn't noticed or considered, is this: are we hosed for not keeping the empty shells of the purple gear drops we got from Galactic Command? So, if I got 230 gloves and pants on a character, I pulled the armor / mod / enhancement and sold the empty shell to a vendor ('cause why would I not want 10k or so credits from something that I will never need LOL). Now you are telling me that I actually should have kept those shells? WHOOOPSIE!!! Now I have to re-grind to purchase that shell from the vendor so that I can trade it in for the tier2 variant? I REALLY hope you guys thought about this....

Could I perhaps trade in the armoring instead? Pretty please? :(

Thank you.

Yes please answer this!

Now that I have had a chance to calm down from my first post. I have thought about this some and have a question. Can you add that you get 1 piece per medal earned in a pvp match? That way, if you are playing the match right and completing objectives you are rewarded and gear a little faster.

Now that I have had a chance to calm down from my first post. I have thought about this some and have a question. Can you add that you get 1 piece per medal earned in a pvp match? That way, if you are playing the match right and completing objectives you are rewarded and gear a little faster.

I can get behind this idea. Plus some folks won't be punished so much for bad luck group draw.

Of course, your system is fair and sensible, so they won't even consider it.

Plz can someone explain to me if its good or not in simple wordz?

It is better than what we had before but not by much and only if you save all the tokens until you are ready to buy tier 3. And then only better if you don't get the same piece you just purchased in a command crate.

This isn't meant to be your primary avenue of gearing.

This is just to supplement all the RNG gear you'll get along the way when you're chasing a specific piece that hasn't dropped for you.

Are you kidding with this post? I'm at Galactic Command level 70 on my main and 30 on an alt. I've got 2 set pieces both on my main. This is going to have to be my main source of gearing.

Will the Unassembled Components be legacy bound like the Tokens?

Also, for all of you whining, you realize this isn't the only way to get gear, right? There is still a chance for pieces to drop out of command crates, and you can get Unassembled Pieces out of ops as well... This is a vast improvement from the previous method of gearing, which only allowed set pieces to drop from command crates. Hell, I know multiple people who already have 6-set BiS 240-242 gear. Relax, this is - in all actuality - an improvement.

Are you kidding with this post? I'm at Galactic Command level 70 on my main and 30 on an alt. I've got 2 set pieces both on my main. This is going to have to be my main source of gearing.

At 120 now and still only have 2 pieces. Another person in my guild had 3 gold pieces and full set bonus from the previous tier at the same level. So all depends on your luck.

This isn't meant to be your primary avenue of gearing.

This is just to supplement all the RNG gear you'll get along the way when you're chasing a specific piece that hasn't dropped for you.

And that is the entire problem and why this "fix" isn't a fix.

Are you guys drunk? how does that kind of math even make sense.

We'd be better off if they were drunk. Instead they think they know better than we do. That's why I am not giving them any more money until they fix this mess and that means going back to a real gearing system, not this bastardized mess they call Galactic Command. The senior members of the dev team should be fired on the spot.

The fact is, it will take several months at least to grind this stuff for most people.

That's the point. They think we'll grind for this. They are idiots if they think this is bringing back all the subs who've canceled in the last 7 weeks. The best thing that could happen is for everyone who plays anything but solo to hit unsub all at once. They'd make changes in a hurry, then, or EA would make changes at BW.

To anyone who thinks they can use this system in place of GC here is so quick napkin math on it ... note you will be getting GC gear as you go so that would of course offset these values somewhat depending on RNG luck.

Assume 4 points for WZs and 6 points for GSF ( a 50/50 win/lose rate rounded up )

Tier 1 - 1290 points required so 322 WZs or 188 GSF

Tier 2 - 1940 points required so 485 WZs or 323 GSF

Tier 3 - 2915 points required so 728 WZs or 485 GSF

Total 1,535 WZs or 996 GSF matches.

For WZs assume what ... 10 mins a match to be really generous? Also add an average of 5 mins queue time? ( make up your own numbers here if you like ). That's 15 min per match ... ( I've never done GSF since it dropped so someone else can work that out )

Tier 1 - 80.5 hours

Tier 2 - 121 hours

Tier 3 - 182 hours

Tier 1 isn't too bad vs the "1 hour per GC level" goal they mentioned before GC but after that it's pants.

I guess it's someone to supplement the system but yet again they've completely failed to address one of their main markets in this game ( and at their peril if player numbers are as low as everything seems to imply they are ) and that is casual players.

Casual players are not players who just run really easy content and thus don't care about any of this. They are players who don't have a ton of time and so play casually, they want to be able to access the content they want to do and not have to grind out 100's of hours just to get to a point they can get gear to do that content.

The op changes are a somewhat nicer change but still nowhere near enough to personally get me, as a casual player, to want to keep paying money and so I won't be.

Anything less than what we had in terms of time investment of 4.0 is just not good enough. These changes on the most part are an utter waste of development time and money and won't do a damn thing to change the situation for BWA ... they benefit the people already grinding and putting up with the system, they will not attract anyone else back.

With these crappy gearing options I have no choice but to let my sub expire. I really want to write some sort of long, drawn post pointing out all the reasons, but it's just too much to list at this point. I hope that in 2-3 years we get to hear how ****** Bioware Austin was treated by EA, so they decided to kill a game from most successful IP of all time.

Your fixes are bad, and you should feel bad. Grindy-grindy RNG box is not the game we bought 5 years ago, and I will not continue supporting it.

If they are going to do this, they need to change what we get from the crates to unassempled pieces as well. That way we don't get hammered with "I just bought my Tier 3 Chest!!! Yay!!!" and 25mnutes later.... "I just opened my Tier 3 Chest piece... yeah for 200 more CXP....."

Considering that token cost seems OK, and also looks like Ops drops are OK also. Here (with PvP) is were they did not do a proper math.

So each Ops (story mode) take what? 2 hours avergae? Never did one, but remember reading somthing like that, just don't know if that was the case for story mode or higher difficulty. It drops 2 for 8 at least, more are RND on each boss. Lets put a 3 Ops Run so each of the players get 1 Gear (Considering 2 came from RND not final bosses).

So, that is 6 hours. If my times are wrong please correct me.

In PvP I calculate (and other seem to think the same) an average of 3 WZ/Arenas per hour. That is 18 Total in 6 hours. Lets do the Math for the components:

Asumptions: 50% win/loss and 1/3 are Arenas

* 3 Arena Won = 9 components

* 3 Arena Loss = 3 components

* 6 WZ Won = 30 component

* 6 WZ loss = 12 component

Total= 9 + 3 + 30 + 12 = 54 components.

Looks to me Components requirements should be cut by half. Or Change rewards values, Even 100% win is short for the 100 requirement.

The penalty for loosing is also too much. If people already goes balistic when they loose, imagine now as they realise that they get 3 components less (I'm talking about unranked). I can imagine, the enemy teams scores one goal in HT and 3 left the op.

So as someone who reached CXP Rank 300+30, I will need 4340 Unassembled Components to reach full 242.

Or to put in perspective:

543 WON Group Ranked Matches. Assumiung you win half 815 group ranked matches.

868 WON Warzone Matches. Assuming you win half 1302 Warzone matches total.

Thanks for the great update!

Edited by Zwirni

Considering that token cost seems OK, and also looks like Ops drops are OK also. Here (with PvP) is were they did not do a proper math.

So each Ops (story mode) take what? 2 hours avergae? Never did one, but remember reading somthing like that, just don't know if that was the case for story mode or higher difficulty. It drops 2 for 8 at least, more are RND on each boss. Lets put a 3 Ops Run so each of the players get 1 Gear (Considering 2 came from RND not final bosses).

So, that is 6 hours. If my times are wrong please correct me.

In PvP I calculate (and other seem to think the same) an average of 3 WZ/Arenas per hour. That is 18 Total in 6 hours. Lets do the Math for the components:

Asumptions: 50% win/loss and 1/3 are Arenas

* 3 Arena Won = 9 components

* 3 Arena Loss = 3 components

* 6 WZ Won = 30 component

* 6 WZ loss = 12 component

Total= 9 + 3 + 30 + 12 = 54 components.

Looks to me Components requirements should be cut by half. Or Change rewards values, Even 100% win is short for the 100 requirement.

The penalty for loosing is also too much. If people already goes balistic when they loose, imagine now as they realise that they get 3 components less (I'm talking about unranked). I can imagine, the enemy teams scores one goal in HT and 3 left the op.

Closer to 1 hour than 2 hours imo, especially with guild raid runs. Some pugs head into the 2 hour marks especially the likes of TFB/SnV but otherwise if people know what they are doing it's shorter.

For gearing purposes I think work off 1 hour as most would be planned raids by guilds for gearing purposes to help limit RNG factors amongst those participating.

The other part you neglect that is sooo bad about PVP is the "must have the previous tier gear" meaning you've basically had to grind out the previous tier gear either through this system or GC to get the next tier.

Operations I can run HM ( veteran, *** ever ) and get my tier 2 gear on 5.1 launch day yay.

So as someone who reached CXP Rank 300+30, I will need 4340 Unassembled Components to reach full 242.

Thanks for the great update!

Lol did you really get so few 242's by that point?

Serious question, might have asked this of someone before... did you enjoy spending the time getting that high rank? I.e. was it just doing what you would have done before or did you focus purely on getting high rank/gear and if it's the later do you therefore regret it now seeing the end result?

The ops drops aren't bringing ops players back. Used to be 1 piece per boss. Now it's one piece per 2.5 bosses (the random drop on the intermediate bosses is a pipe dream.) An 8 man team needs 112 pieces at 2 pieces per op (and some of the pieces you need are on bosses you need the pieces to have a decent chance of clearing) so that's 56 operations, at most likely 2 a week for the average team, so that's 28 weeks or more than 6 months to get an 8 man team in basic gear, assuming no multiple night tries on the same boss which happens a lot as teams learn bosses. And that assumes people have the hours to spend to get the GC boxes to get the tokens that go with the drops so they can actually have gear. At 1.5 to 2 hours per GC level, I'll let you do that math.

This have baked, ill-conceived "fix" is not going to bring back ops players or get people to resub. It just isn't. Whoever came up with this "fix" thinks people are stupid enough to believe it's a real fix and not just a way to hide Galactic Command.

Closer to 1 hour than 2 hours imo, especially with guild raid runs. Some pugs head into the 2 hour marks especially the likes of TFB/SnV but otherwise if people know what they are doing it's shorter.

Depends on the team, but in my experience, 2 hours is a good average. For pugs closer to 3 than 2.

Lol did you really get so few 242's by that point?

Serious question, might have asked this of someone before... did you enjoy spending the time getting that high rank? I.e. was it just doing what you would have done before or did you focus purely on getting high rank/gear and if it's the later do you therefore regret it now seeing the end result?

I got above average 242s. I got 5. That is more than anyone I know got by the time they reached 300.

So yes "to fill in the blanks in my gear" after reaching cxp rank 300+30, I need 4340 Unassembled Components.

Or to put in perspective:

543 WON Group Ranked Matches. Assumiung you win half, 815 group ranked matches total.

868 WON Warzone Matches. Assuming you win half, 1302 Warzone matches total.

I had fun doing the grind to 300. It was my replacement of Diablo3 or Path of Exile and no, I wasn't disappointed, the result was expected.

But now another grind to 242? I guess I will pass on that one.

Edited by Zwirni