Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95 winning matches for ONE T3 piece. No.

I have 16 alts. 14 slots each. 224 T3 pieces needed. 21.280 won matches needed to gear them all. Until next expansion, 1 year (presumably) from now. Let's say it's 2.

2x365=730 days. 29,15 won games, average, per day, for 2 (TWO!!!) years to gear all my alts this way. Clearly possible, isn't it? :sul_confused:

even with the drops, I can't gear them all in one year. Forget the time for leveling, forget anything else. And the argument that gear still drops from crates? =)) It has passed a month. I am lvl 122 gc on my main. LVL 2 on the single alt that is 70. 4 items lvl 230 set, that's all. And the grinding for cxp kills the joy of playing so much, I doubt I shall even reach 300 on my main till next expansion comes.

"We have a fun game. How can we make it boring?" must have been the topic when the first 5.0 brainstorming meeting was at BW.

I am still a sub. For now. At this stage, in February, when my sybscription ends, I shall no longer prolongue it.

Do I need to add any sarcasm to this?
- yes you can, and pointless scream too. Guess you didnt read my posts in this thread becuase hatred more importance yes?

Clearly possible, isn't it?
- yes its possible. Why other ppl have full gear set after 5.0 without that changes? Becuase maybe they avoid rage and see easy way to get that gear?

I am still a sub. For now. At this stage, in February, when my sybscription ends, I shall no longer prolongue it.
- good. This game going better without crying ppl who end their subs.

2 (TWO!!!) years to gear all my alts this way.
- who said Swtor have only pvp? Hatred eclipsed your mind, didnt it? Edited by Trlance

I have 16 alts. 14 slots each. 224 T3 pieces needed. 21.280 won matches needed to gear them all. Until next expansion, 1 year (presumably) from now. Let's say it's 2.

2x365=730 days. 29,15 won games, average, per day, for 2 (TWO!!!) years to gear all my alts this way. Clearly possible, isn't it? :sul_confused:

even with the drops, I can't gear them all in one year. Forget the time for leveling, forget anything else. And the argument that gear still drops from crates? =)) It has passed a month. I am lvl 122 gc on my main. LVL 2 on the single alt that is 70. 4 items lvl 230 set, that's all. And the grinding for cxp kills the joy of playing so much, I doubt I shall even reach 300 on my main till next expansion comes.

"We have a fun game. How can we make it boring?" must have been the topic when the first 5.0 brainstorming meeting was at BW.

I have a question, why do you need to gear every single alt? I can understand 1 or 2, MAYBE even 3 or 4, but 16? Calm down man, go outside, get some fresh air, work a job, do something with your life.

I have a question, why do you need to gear every single alt? I can understand 1 or 2, MAYBE even 3 or 4, but 16? Calm down man, go outside, get some fresh air, work a job, do something with your life.

You could do all of that during 4.0

Now we have to make a choice between them. That's the difference.

I did read your post. SInce there's nothing useful in it, it made no difference.
- its proof you trying ascension this game what is impossible. You just refused to answer my arguments that all.

After all, that's all the fun left in the game. His posts.
- After all Ixilator have point. Your sub soon end then plz stop writing here ok? Go play .. ekhm .. better games.

Now we have to make a choice between them. That's the difference
. - crazy .. so crazy. Swtor die because you are too lazy to wear your all alts. Edited by Trlance

That's the way i want to play the game. That's the way I play the game that makes me pay sub.

This is a business. They should search for ways to make ppl pay for their product. That means creating options also for the ppl who want to play like me (all classes, all specs fully geared) exist. Even if it's hard. Right now, this option does not exist.

Even if it would exist, my life, kids, job will probably prevent that from happening. But if there was a possibility, not gearing my alts would be my problem. Right now, I am bored playing my main. And the thought of re-starting the grind for my first alt makes me choke and I feel like puking. And I should pay for this!

I'm not mad. I'm not hating anything. I am looking at a product that I liked and payed for and I'm thinking that it was spoiled in the mean time and me paying makes sense no more. After all, i work for my money, I don't get it for free from ma' or pa'.

That's the way i want to play the game. That's the way I play the game that makes me pay sub.

This is a business. They should search for ways to make ppl pay for their product. That means creating options also for the ppl who want to play like me (all classes, all specs fully geared) exist. Even if it's hard. Right now, this option does not exist.

Even if it would exist, my life, kids, job will probably prevent that from happening. But if there was a possibility, not gearing my alts would be my problem. Right now, I am bored playing my main. And the thought of re-starting the grind for my first alt makes me choke and I feel like puking. And I should pay for this!

I'm not mad. I'm not hating anything. I am looking at a product that I liked and payed for and I'm thinking that it was spoiled in the mean time and me paying makes sense no more. After all, i work for my money, I don't get it for free from ma' or pa'.

It's your right to play the game how you want, I'm mostly just baffled that you actually want to play and gear that many chars at once. I truly enjoy my main, but I'm still leveling alts because I want to see all the stories and such. Even still as just leveling them I feel like I'm wasting time doing that as I should be grinding cxp on my main.

I overall dislike the current system as much as the next person, maybe I'm just lucky that I don't feel the need to grind every possible class up to max and gear them all in t3.

So PvP will be the most reliable way to get specific gear pieces.

And playing GSF is as rewarding as group ranked.

Do I need to add any sarcasm to this?

I wonder if weekly/daily quests get you anything.

Yup, so the one activity that has no gear requirement (at least for your character) will be the best way to get gear.

It's your right to play the game how you want, I'm mostly just baffled that you actually want to play and gear that many chars at once. I truly enjoy my main, but I'm still leveling alts because I want to see all the stories and such. Even still as just leveling them I feel like I'm wasting time doing that as I should be grinding cxp on my main.

I overall dislike the current system as much as the next person, maybe I'm just lucky that I don't feel the need to grind every possible class up to max and gear them all in t3.

I used to have 34 alts, 28 of which were geared in ops gear. The reason for this is a combination of enough time to play and no new content for two years for group players. I mean after doing the same ops a lot of times you need something to keep it interesting. Playing different roles and gearing up alts were a good enough substitute for a lack of new group content.

I actually deleted half of my characters but even that isn't enough within the context of 5.0

I used to have 34 alts, 28 of which were geared in ops gear. The reason for this is a combination of enough time to play and no new content for two years for group players. I mean after doing the same ops a lot of times you need something to keep it interesting. Playing different roles and gearing up alts were a good enough substitute for a lack of new group content.

I actually deleted half of my characters but even that isn't enough within the context of 5.0

Yeah, I mean it doesn't even have to be as extreme as your situation to be intimidating. I have five characters I regularly PvP - and I love playing them all. Just gearing those five is a task that with the current system is ridiculous and with the 5.1 changes will still be an intimidating grind. A vastly improved one, but still - damn.

Luckily bolster is so messed up that I can keep some of those at 208 for now. Still, it should be better than this.

Edited by stoopicus

I am looking at a product that I liked and payed for
- product .. i hate this word so much .. this is game.

There were no arguments, just bias.
- same i can write about your (and others) posts and crying.

So, you realize that you and other that like these changes represent a very slim minority.
- dont write things what i didnt write ok? If you dont care about sub what are you doing here still?

You like the changes. You admit the games dies.
- the only thing what can make this game die is your attitude (same others).

I writed what i want .. didnt even have hope someone will understand what i tried to write or even will read it. Now i go spend rest of my time today to play Swtor. Keep crying .. as long ppl like me will play this game, Swtor will be keep better than now.

The one thing no one has mentioned.... que times for PvP. Most are assuming it's an immediate que and go, problem is, many peeps sit in a que for well over an hr. This is becoming the same for FPs, OPs and lets start tossing in Uprisings as well, they all don't "pop" like they used to. Why? Because of stupid **** like this, peeps have left the game. So, re-do some math, getting tokens will take longer than what some have attempted to list it will take. The up-side to all of this is, everyone who still plays, are in an agreement, BW/EA have their heads totally stuck up their ***!!!

- same i can write about your (and others) posts

Sure you can. There are some important differences though. The first one is that I didn't reply to you, you replied to me without asking. Now it's an open forum so that's fine, but you opened the door on this, not me. So any flack you get from me is because you asked for it.

If you had a less aggressive style and actually made some well thought out arguments then I would certainly take you more seriously but you've given me no reason so far to do so.

So it's your choice really but you seem to be only out to make inflammatory comments. Since you, like others before, don't even respect the threads of Eric as you show here, it's clear that you are not defending Bioware Austin or SWTOR, therefore the logical conclusion is that you are either a troll or so filled with hate that you can't stop yourself.

Why would I take anything you say seriously?

And don't counter with why you should take me seriously, that doesn't answer the question.

Unfortunately, the gear costs are too high for this token system to ease any of the pain that galactic command introduced. This solution sounds great until you see these values and then you go hmmm...so they are listening but not understanding. Unless they change the gear costs by like a significant margin they aren't going to fix a thing

Remember that these are intended to supplement, not replace the existing path to gearing.

You're still going to be getting GC ranks and crates, with the chance to get Tier pieces from them. You've got to have truly abysmal luck at the RNG to wind up having to get every piece of gear strictly through the Unassembled Components.

Remind me, the previous system was considered broken... why exactly? Because I thought the crystal/comm vendor system was pretty awesome, actually, and all it needed was a few more ways to get crystals. It was simple, straightforward and offered a lot of player choice. Anyone that was seriously confused by it should simply be ignored as targeting the dumbest percentage of your player base is maybe not the most sound move for keeping your long-term players happy.

The funny thing is, we are taking basically the maximally painful way back towards what was already in place, and so before burning through much more of the userbase, it might make sense to think about why someone thought this was a good idea at all.

Edited by stoopicus

Remember that these are intended to supplement, not replace the existing path to gearing.

You're still going to be getting GC ranks and crates, with the chance to get Tier pieces from them. You've got to have truly abysmal luck at the RNG to wind up having to get every piece of gear strictly through the Unassembled Components.

Obviously people are going to be gearing alts in this manner, as it saves the initial CXP grind. So, it's not supplementary at all.

I have leveled to 30 on 1 toon and 70 GC level on my main. I have 2 set pieces both on my main. That's it. I am going to have to use this system to gear because GC sucks so badly. From my talks, it seems most people I talk to have had about the luck I have. They need to guarantee a set piece every 5-10 GC levels achieved. I would also recommend giving 1 unassembled piece per medal earned in pvp in addition to the 5 for win and 2 for losses.

Remember you said this when you buy a tier piece then immediately get the SAME tier piece in your next GC crate. Remember this as you cry yourself to sleep.