Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

Explain to me how grinding is any different than pre-5.0? If I remember correctly, it took upwards of at least 3-4 weeks to get enough WZ comms to get full 208 set for a casual PvP'er On top of that, many of the set pieces required that you sub out mods/enhs in order gear properly, which required more WZ comms. All of this required...you guessed it...GRINDING.

Oh bless you lol. You haven't done the math have you.

It's gonna require... what, somewhere between 258 and 645 warzones run just to get tier 1 (costs 1290, warzones give 2-5 each). That's base.

Then the same again, plus 50% more to get tier 2. Then the same again, plus 125% more to get tier 3. Lol.

We're talking thousands of warzones. How many warzones does your 'casual PvPer' run per week?

Also, how many people have gotten rid of their tier 1 or 2 shells already because they didn't actually need to turn them in before?

This has to be a mistake or misunderstanding. A HUGE one. But you know, BW did their usual 'dump on a friday and leave' trick, so we won't know for days.

Edited by Jherad

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming Tier 3 isn't the last one and you already need approximatively 475 Unassembled Components for just one piece (Tier 3), you win an average of 3.5 Unassembled Components per Warzone, I won't do the math..

Who would to keep this game up? Bye bye subscription

Edited by TyrionGraphiste

Its abit early for april fools day, eric.

Bro... seriously... do you guys even read the negative feedback you get? Because i doubt even posting this will make a difference. Do you ask the community what they would like to see? Because its clear none of you play the game if that's the case... if I wanted grind I'd go play BnS. Dude you need to interact with your community and understand that the changes you're making are killing the game... it doesn't matter if you give us good story content (which was good compared to what it was) but you still have a long way to go... when you introduced galactic command and took away expertise you not only deigned to a level of skill that is astronomicaly low aND killed off ALOT IF THE PVP POPULATION... Umong raiders who continue to leave enmass due to a system that panders to people without the drive to become skilled enough for group content. Fix it please for the love of all things great and small.

Bro... seriously... do you guys even read the negative feedback you get? Because i doubt even posting this will make a difference. Do you ask the community what they would like to see? Because its clear none of you play the game if that's the case... if I wanted grind I'd go play BnS. Dude you need to interact with your community and understand that the changes you're making are killing the game... it doesn't matter if you give us good story content (which was good compared to what it was) but you still have a long way to go... when you introduced galactic command and took away expertise you not only deigned to a level of skill that is astronomicaly low aND killed off ALOT IF THE PVP POPULATION... Umong raiders who continue to leave enmass due to a system that panders to people without the drive to become skilled enough for group content. Fix it please for the love of all things great and small.

For real though.

Don't know about you, but queue times for regs on Harb are insanely fast. I know for a fact that I can complete the PvP dailes (both the 2 and 4 win ones), which requires at least 3 matches, on 4 separate toons in barely over an hour. That alone is at least 12 matches, maybe a bit more if some are lost, in barely an hour. Generally I do more than that if time permits. So, if I were to do only the PvP dailies on my four toons a day (which, may I remind you, takes just a little over an hour), I could have enough unassembled components by day 5 to trade in with an unassembled tier 2 piece to get a tier 3 piece. Frankly, 1 BiS 242 piece a week works perfectly for me, seeing as I have yet to get one on the current sh@t RNG system they have in place.

Buy yourself a new clock, yours is runing slow.

Each WZ or Arena have an inside introduction waiting time. That time is OVER 1 min; if we also consider Loading times in, out and that one WZ and ALL arenas have time in between rounds we have probably a 2 minute per WZ/Arena extra time consumed.

12 x 2 = 24 Min

You say it takes you barely over an hour. So 24 min is closer to half an hour than "barely over" it, but let's consider that amount as the extra over the hour. We have left 60 minutes for 12 WZ/Arenas.

60 divided 12 equals = 5

5 minutes per warzone. AVERAGE?????? Not a chance.

* I do know that Arenas in regs are crappy balanced, but you still need to play 2 rounds. And unless you play always against 3 or four DPS PT that are poking their noses instead of playing, 5 minutes average is not credible.

* The control the nodes/tower would require a team to control all three undisputed and even in that case I still think it takes a little more than 5 minutes.

* Voidstar would require that BOTH teams get to the core in less than 2.5 mins. VERY unlikely that a team that is excelent attaking is crappy at defending, but both the same? Not buying it.

* Odessen would require an extraordinary team with all mods and being totally undisputed. It can happen, but not average.

* Hypergate: even caping both pylons, getting orbs and enemy kills in the pylons would require 3 rounds, that is more than 5 minutes.

So being realistic i would say that in a perfect day were every group you play with have the best players, and the enemy is always the worst or super noobs you may probably finish 12 WZ in a little over TWO hour.

But as that is an extremly rare case, and most servers are not Harb; you usually take almost 4 hours to do that. Close to 3 maybe on weekends were the pops are faster.

Hey Eric, could you clarify something?

The dev post mentions that you turn in the Tier 1 gear you get from the vendor to get Tier 2.

But what about the existing Tier 1 gear? Right now there is:

Tier 1 green 228 gear

Tier 1 blue 230 gear

Tier 1 purple 230 gear (non-set piece)

Tier 1 purple set piece gear

Will any of that be usable to turn in as Tier 1 pieces to the vendor? Some people are assuming (reasonably) that the set pieces will retain value for turnin but it is really unclear what the value is of the existing T1 pieces.

Edited by stoopicus

What are you guys doing ? Where are your heads ? Do you want people to Rage unsub ? because that's what is going to come down to.

this new expansion with the bogus gearing system, and NO END GAME CONTENT (operations) which shouldn't be surprising after all it has been over 2 years, not to mention the lack of end game content even at launch.

And then you pour salt on the wound with this crap. you're outta of your mind. hope you have your

resume all put together, because you're going to be outta of Jobs sooner than you think.

I like to grind for Levels (no Grinding for levels in this game, they are practically given to you, 5 levels you released this expansion, which most of us completed in an hour. What is that) , gear has and always should be earned from Raiding in any MMORPG, not this way, this is complete Bull.

and for those that do not or would rather not raid for gear, and would rather PVP well then you should have left gearing as it was.

So totally disappointed it hurts !

So Eric - I'm one of those people who takes all the mods out of the gear drops and puts them into legacy gear. If I have a character that has been fortunate enough to get some 230 set pieces and I've destroyed the shell that held the mods, will I have to waste all this new stuff getting a tier 1 set piece (which I already have) in order to upgrade to the tier 2? It seems to me that you would basically be telling me the last month has been a waste of time. Please tell me that there will be some other way to upgrade! I have to believe I'm not the only person in this boat and I think I'm looking at more than 10 set pieces.

I hope one of the devs show me how he can get a full set T2 playing 2/4 hs per day.. JUST LOL
- you have ops and galactic command to help you get gear .. is that hard to understand? .. guess yes, because pointless rage incoming.

Although it is still absolutely ridiculous, you would think we'd at least get bonuses for the dailies and weeklies. I guess not. Still, the numbers should be reduced by at least 50%. I swear to the Maker, they are TRYING to drive people away from this game.
- look up. This update will bound me to this game more than ever.

You grind and get your tier 1, then your tier 2 and can almost afford tier 3 and then you get the same piece out of a command crate...... all that work for nothing
- for you ofc nothing when you cant see there is other way to help you get what you want.

BIOWARE JUST RELEASED NEW INFO!
- funny when ppl start complaining and CRYING without wait for more info or just for update ^^ :D

These numbers are absolutely insane. I'm more likely to get the tier from CXP ranks than Warzones with these numbers.
- what stop you to doing both? .. pointless rage?

Player: Uhhhh it looks terrible. RNG Grind? Seriously?
- yes.

So much hatred .. pointless. You have what you want and still crying. Plz Devs ignore them. There is no point to argue with ppl who start rage mode BEFORE all informations will show up or with ppl who are to lazy to play and didnt care about incoming content like Devs yesterday writed. Sorry for my bad english.

Im solo player and i enjoy every minute in this game. Like this changes and cant wait for patch, thanks.

~Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Edited by Trlance

Yes yes that's very nice, you're a solo player and BiS gear is meaningless to you. Now do others the respect of realizing that they have other feelings on the matter.

I'm a solo PvE player too, and have no need for better than 228 for any PvE content in the game that you can solo. You see, that's because solo PvE in this game is ridiculously easy.

The same is not true of PvP or ops.

Edited by stoopicus

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in.

Will you also be able to exchange tier 1 Unassembled pieces dropped from bosses to tier 2 or 3 this way?

Yes yes that's very nice, you're a solo player and BiS gear is meaningless to you. Now do others the respect of realizing that they have other feelings on the matter.
- said guy who crying with others becuase cant get nice gear from galactic command few days after 5.0 lauched? Because cant understand tier 3 only get gear what you want and better rage go on than realize what true galactic command hiding? This is pointless rage and pathetic attitude. And i didnt write "solo player" to make it a important thing in this conversation. I writed about ppl with rage about update. Edited by Trlance

with others becuase cant get nice gear from galactic command few days after 5.0 lauched?

nit: 5.0 launched two months ago

Because cant understand tier 3 only get gear what you want and better rage go on than realize what true galactic command hiding?

I really have no idea what you were trying to say there - maybe try posting after taking a few deep breaths?

And i didnt write "solo player" to make it a important thing in this conversation. I writed about ppl with rage about update.

Actually, you ended with an anecdote about how you are just a solo player, which explains a lot and pretty much invalidates any criticism you have for PvP or Ops players being concerned about gear progression. Or their "pathetic attitude."

If you don't raid or PvP, do you realize how silly you look when you tell people that do that their frustrations and complaints are "pathetic"? How would you even know?

I really have no idea what you were trying to say there - maybe try posting after taking a few deep breaths?

Actually, you ended with an anecdote about how you are just a solo player, which explains a lot and pretty much invalidates any criticism you have for PvP or Ops players being concerned about gear progression. Or their "pathetic attitude."

If you don't raid or PvP, do you realize how silly you look when you tell people that do that their frustrations and complaints are "pathetic"? How would you even know?

Don't bother fighting with him, it's either one of Ben's alt accounts or one of his white knight buddies... Just put him on ignore and move on...

- and ppl like you start crying in first week after patch 5.0.

- check other topics .. some ppl find the way to handle easy this command system, not like you and next update didnt release yet.

- where i writed i didnt? .. I play a lot every day.

Don't bother fighting with him, it's either one of Ben's alt accounts or one of his white knight buddies... Just put him on ignore and move on...
- dont make me laugh and keep pointless crying. Like i said .. other players are creative and with clear minds enough to handle easy this command system, not like haters.

I dont have guild and dont need and that why i used word "solo". I doing ops and pvp as well. Pvp every day.

Edited by Trlance

I hope one of the devs show me how he can get a full set T2 playing 2/4 hs per day..

JUST LOL

They can't because they don't play it as much as people who don't develop the game, so they're most likely very casual players who don't really see the drive for gearing maybe, I don't know. It's almost like they never realistically think about the changes they make until they're pushed to live and hear feedback on the forums, which by that time is usually too late to rectify.

Edited by SnEaKyMan