Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

The difference between set bonus and no set bonus is HUGE - especially in PvP. Nobody gives a crap about the mods and enhancements, carfted or looted, they're close enough - it's the set bonus that players NEED in PvP, and it's why people claiming that crafting is fine, are wrong.

^This

This precisely is the issue. I just leveled up a sentinel. After 32 GC boxes I have one set piece... The UC was supposed to address this issue, but it does not. It is not the Tier 2 and Tier 3 that are the issue it is tier 1 requiring massive time investment, even with the UC. The UC prices need to be about quarter what they currently are for tier 1.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said that while this existed for PvP gear before, it now exists for PvE as well. Also for two upgrade tiers instead of one. I already gave you an example, you can now transfer pve set pieces to your alts via upgrading them.

And now you've gone in a complete circle proving you don't know what you are talking about.

PVE you just get better gear and can keep your old gear as you always have.

You have not shown any benefit because there is none. Every example you have given is worse than how it was in 5.0 and I've demonstrated this where all you've effectively done is said "no it's better".

. While you could get PvP gear at a much faster rate before, this system lets you get PvE gear.

There you have it - proof positive this system is worse.

Pretty sure the people wanting top end gear for ranked PVP don't give 2 ***** that they can use it in PVE too ( where only HM+ raiding matters for gear ).

A casual player by definition doesn't spend a lot of time playing. Operations are the most time-consuming activity in the game, so casual players are naturally less likely to lean towards them.

That's not true at all. I know plenty of casual players ( I knew a lot more since before the previous 2 years killed them all off ) who love to raid as their most enjoyable activity in the game. They just don't have 5 hours a day to put in, a couple of raids a week is pretty casual.

The first crate you get guarantees you a useful piece of gear, unless you have crafted gear or operations gear ready.

Previously the first drops from content like FPs/Ops you got was useful not to mention the crystals you earned ( and already had come level 65 ) that let you buy exactly the piece of useful gear you wanted. Are you trying to say only the first crate is the beneficial part of GC and the rest is effectively **** comparatively? You would be wrong even looking at the first crate.

The following crates are still extremely likely to give you useful gear, with every crate having a reduced chance until you reach the next tier.

In 4.7 you had to work towards every piece of gear equally, so they all took the same amount of time to get. You didn't have the diminishing returns of 5.0, but you had a slower progression at the start and radiant gear took much longer to get than glowing gear. You also had to deal with a multitude of different vendors and currency as opposed to just a crate.

But they still take longer to get the useful gear - by far. Crystals were so abundant that by the time you actually reached level 65 you would be able to buy Tier 1 ( minus set bonus ) equivalent gear straight away - quality depending on the mix of crystals you had earned. Under 5.0 you start with nothing and basically having just done the fun new story content you then have to repeat old content to start earning even your first gear piece - even for this first gear piece 5.0 is far slower.

That is not a benefit but a detriment.

Also how is radiant gear vs glowing gear a point of contention? It's going to take FAR longer to get tier 3 vs tier 2 now so that also is not benefit but a detriment.

Less vendors would be one of the only benefits of GC but trying to fix their **** up that is their implementation of GC they've now ruined that and made it more complicated again for anyone wanting to get gear a little bit faster or closer to pre 5.0 rates.

[quote[

What gear do you deem worthy of HM ops? I know certain groups did it in a mix of 224/230 and I know I'm only comfortable in T2 gear for HM ops, due to me being a relative newbie to operations. And it seems as if that's how it should be. Since HM Ops reward T2 gear, good groups should be able to do it in T1 gear and mediocre groups should be able to do it in T2 gear. As the best raiders would say, "gear is a crutch".

Tier 1 full set bonus is more or less minimum for a starting point ( some groups have done every HM ops 100's of times and have it on auto pilot so looking at this from a casual player progressing through the content - succeeded easily on some ops, more difficult on others and some yet to do at all ) I feel and with the time investment of needing to get to that point means that's a long haul just to get to the point where HM gear drops ( tier 2 ) - this is the gear that's going to make me and my group find our next run slightly easier and accomplishable.

Now I would need spend a good 100 hours doing something else ( or torture myself on enrage timers etc.and get no GC level while I'm at it ) just to get to the point of the first useful improvement drops.

Previously - beat the easier HM ops for some gear, beat the bosses we can in other ops for some more gear, rinse and repeat and be able to get further next time from the gear we got from the first runs and thus PROGRESS - there is no progression anymore - it's just **** grinding and there is no benefit to that to the community what so ever.

The ONLY other benefit is if you work for BW and have an invested interest in keeping people grinding longer and thus more sub revenue. Except not even that is a benefit any more because the system is so **** and so universally disliked ( more so than anything that has come in this game before ) that it's actually leading to decreases in player numbers and thus sub revenue along with it.

You have GOT to be joking Eric...this is so extreme it's not even funny.

Management needs to change in Austin...this is just going from one extreme to another.

No it's going from one extreme and trying to disguise that extreme as something else because you think your community lacks the intelligence so see it for what it is.

The difference between set bonus and no set bonus is HUGE - especially in PvP. Nobody gives a crap about the mods and enhancements, carfted or looted, they're close enough - it's the set bonus that players NEED in PvP, and it's why people claiming that crafting is fine, are wrong.

I personally think it humorous how he acts like even getting to T2 is so easy and simple.

This system is so atrocious I gave up at level 75. I couldn't bring myself to grind further to even begin getting tier 2 gear.

I don't know about everyone else but even the semi improved changes of 5.1 to operation drops isn't going to make me resub because I realize there is just no point without new content ... it's like we vets needed this change in gearing in 5.0 to remove the wool from our eyes and realize this game just isn't worth paying for even if gear was back to 4.x levels.

For me it's new content from now on that will be the selling point ( or I earn such huge masses of credits unsubbed and find something to spend them on I resub for a month ) and perhaps this stream will answer that question for me at least.

I thought we were also going to get tokens for leveling up (GC leveling) - I don't see where that number is given...?

You get tokens yes but those aren't pieces or components - refer dev tracker the link is in there along with rates for oeprations etc. ( i.e. 5 token per tier 1 level )

First off, thank you very much for the hard numbers. I appreciate that. :)

Secondly, HOLY EPIC GRIND BATMAN!!!!

Some math (just for tier 1 as my brain doesn't even want to consider tier 2 or tier 3):

1290 components are required for a full set of tier 1.

Assuming a 50% regular unranked warzone win percentage ==> (5 + 2) / 2 = 3.5 components per warzone

1290 / 3.5 = ~369 regular warzones to get tier 1......*passes out*

Assuming a casual dude such as myself runs 5 warzones per day ==> 369 / 5 = 73.8 days to get tier 1

Like I said, I'm not mentally prepared to do the math for figuring out the other tiers. Please have mercy. :eek:

Lastly, a question that I brought up a while back in another one of these threads, which I'm assuming wasn't noticed or considered, is this: are we hosed for not keeping the empty shells of the purple gear drops we got from Galactic Command? So, if I got 230 gloves and pants on a character, I pulled the armor / mod / enhancement and sold the empty shell to a vendor ('cause why would I not want 10k or so credits from something that I will never need LOL). Now you are telling me that I actually should have kept those shells? WHOOOPSIE!!! Now I have to re-grind to purchase that shell from the vendor so that I can trade it in for the tier2 variant? I REALLY hope you guys thought about this....

Could I perhaps trade in the armoring instead? Pretty please? :(

Thank you.

So I followed up on this...didn't read past this to see if anyone else had...but once tier 1 is complete it will be another 486 matches and once tier 2 is complete another 730 matches!!!

Freaking insane!!! In total that is 1585 total matches and assuming the 5 matches per day that puts you at 317 DAYS!!! That is roughly 10.5 MONTHS!!!

I suggest that everyone simply store up your components because they are going to have to cut the numbers at some point!

And now you've gone in a complete circle proving you don't know what you are talking about.

PVE you just get better gear and can keep your old gear as you always have.

You have not shown any benefit because there is none.

And now when you get better gear, for example T2 Boots over your T1 Boots, you can use your old T1 Boots to get T2 Boots for your alts, with different set bonuses. And you still keep your old T1 Boots' mods on your main, or transfer them to your alts.

This is a side benefit to 5.1. Not the main benefit, which is allowing you to get the missing pieces you want.

There you have it - proof positive this system is worse.

Pretty sure the people wanting top end gear for ranked PVP don't give 2 ***** that they can use it in PVE too ( where only HM+ raiding matters for gear ).

Pretty sure the PvP and PvE crowd overlap quite a bit.

That's not true at all. I know plenty of casual players ( I knew a lot more since before the previous 2 years killed them all off ) who love to raid as their most enjoyable activity in the game. They just don't have 5 hours a day to put in, a couple of raids a week is pretty casual.

I'm not saying casuals don't do ops. Just that if you don't have a lot of time on your hands, the other activities are much more flexible and easier to get into.

Previously the first drops from content like FPs/Ops you got was useful not to mention the crystals you earned ( and already had come level 65 ) that let you buy exactly the piece of useful gear you wanted. Are you trying to say only the first crate is the beneficial part of GC and the rest is effectively **** comparatively? You would be wrong even looking at the first crate.

You still get 220 drops from level 70 bosses, and GC crates start off at 228. I never said only the first crate is beneficial, just that your odds of getting a useful item from the first crate as a newbie is 100%. The odds of getting something useful from the next crate is still extremely high.

But they still take longer to get the useful gear - by far. Crystals were so abundant that by the time you actually reached level 65 you would be able to buy Tier 1 ( minus set bonus ) equivalent gear straight away - quality depending on the mix of crystals you had earned. Under 5.0 you start with nothing and basically having just done the fun new story content you then have to repeat old content to start earning even your first gear piece - even for this first gear piece 5.0 is far slower.

That is not a benefit but a detriment.

You were able to buy 208's with common data crystals, but it was best to use those on companion gifts instead. And 208's weren't equivalent to T1 gear, that's 216.

Also how is radiant gear vs glowing gear a point of contention? It's going to take FAR longer to get tier 3 vs tier 2 now so that also is not benefit but a detriment.

Radiant gear is equivalent to T2, not T3.

Less vendors would be one of the only benefits of GC but trying to fix their **** up that is their implementation of GC they've now ruined that and made it more complicated again for anyone wanting to get gear a little bit faster or closer to pre 5.0 rates.

5.1 Makes this more complex, but as I said you don't want to spend your components right away anyway so newbies don't need to bother with it.

Tier 1 full set bonus is more or less minimum for a starting point ( some groups have done every HM ops 100's of times and have it on auto pilot so looking at this from a casual player progressing through the content - succeeded easily on some ops, more difficult on others and some yet to do at all ) I feel and with the time investment of needing to get to that point means that's a long haul just to get to the point where HM gear drops ( tier 2 ) - this is the gear that's going to make me and my group find our next run slightly easier and accomplishable.

Now I would need spend a good 100 hours doing something else ( or torture myself on enrage timers etc.and get no GC level while I'm at it ) just to get to the point of the first useful improvement drops.

Previously - beat the easier HM ops for some gear, beat the bosses we can in other ops for some more gear, rinse and repeat and be able to get further next time from the gear we got from the first runs and thus PROGRESS - there is no progression anymore - it's just **** grinding and there is no benefit to that to the community what so ever.

There is still Ops progression in 5.1. Aside from the 234/240 schematics and materials you got in 5.0, you now also get item drops. Fewer drops than 4.7, sure, but along with GC drops and crafting it shouldn't be too difficult for an experienced raiding group to reach 240/242 in a reasonable period of time.

The ONLY other benefit is if you work for BW and have an invested interest in keeping people grinding longer and thus more sub revenue. Except not even that is a benefit any more because the system is so **** and so universally disliked ( more so than anything that has come in this game before ) that it's actually leading to decreases in player numbers and thus sub revenue along with it.

Aside from easier access to newbies, less time spent vendor-shopping, not gating gear behind operations, encouraging crafting and diversifying your play-style?

I don't get this "grind longer" stuff. in 4.7 you didn't finish one char and stopped playing, you finished your char by doing the same ops and moved onto finishing another char by doing the same ops. It's not like you grinded less.

In GC, you reach a point on your main where you're more or less pleased with it and start working on your next char, and still revisit your main from time to time since 242 on everything is still on the horizon. All this can be shared through all types of content as well, not just ops. Having alts in GC is still beneficial due to ops flexibility and weekly PvP/conquest rewards.

Numbers could be tweaked down a bit, but it doesn't seem overly unreasonable to me, considering what it takes to get BiS. Doesn't seem all that different than before, if you're being completely honest, which many of you are not.

So I followed up on this...didn't read past this to see if anyone else had...but once tier 1 is complete it will be another 486 matches and once tier 2 is complete another 730 matches!!!

Freaking insane!!! In total that is 1585 total matches and assuming the 5 matches per day that puts you at 317 DAYS!!! That is roughly 10.5 MONTHS!!!

I suggest that everyone simply store up your components because they are going to have to cut the numbers at some point!

That calculation is unnecessary because if you do even half of that number of warzones you will most likely have levelled up your Command rank to 250-300 and gotten gear from crates. Don't go that crazy with the numbers.

Numbers could be tweaked down a bit, but it doesn't seem overly unreasonable to me, considering what it takes to get BiS. Doesn't seem all that different than before, if you're being completely honest, which many of you are not.

Before = every boss guaranteed to drop gear

Now = last boss only guaranteed to drop gear

That doesn't seem different to you huh? Who's not being honest??

Before = every boss guaranteed to drop gear

Now = last boss only guaranteed to drop gear

That doesn't seem different to you huh? Who's not being honest??

Oh I agree about the bosses, I'm more referring to the complaints about gearing through pvp. I should've been clearer in my post, my bad.

Edited by Vember

Just to add something more to this crap...

I just logged in to see how bad this is, it is worst.

Only Purple from Command Crate exact gear (that includes relics, implants and ear, mainhand, offhand) can be traded to get tear 2.

So every blue (or orange with blues) or crafted purples will NOT work. Sales are for very specific MK number.

So you desintegrated relics, focus/shield and implants because you were already using a crafted purple o the blue and the "new" purple offered nothing (or almost nothing) extra, then you are in for more grind to get those again or spend lots of components to get the tier 1 from vendor.

Make unassembled coms BoL

pls

Also that. Components are BoP.

Only BoL thing in this crappy system are the tokens.

What i don't know because the item sale does not show is if the gear you buy from this vendors is BoP or BoE. If it is BoP, then say goodbye to use repeated to gear up same/mirror class alts.

Oh I agree about the bosses, I'm more referring to the complaints about gearing through pvp. I should've been clearer in my post, my bad.

I think the entire system is a problem, they shouldn't have removed PvP gear to start with.

Why do we, pvpers, primarily PvP? To compete, test your skill against like minded players, and to win. Now it will most likely never be a level playing field gear wise due to who gets lucky with rng and who doesnt. And anyone that didnt start with 5.0, or new or returning players will always be behind in the gearing or unlucky players.

They had this same BS rng system in the form of BM and Champ bags once upon a time that people hated, so they changed it to a system the players embraced up till 5.0. Gear should never be a deciding factor in PvP, which they essentially ensured it wouldnt be up till 5.0.

Now for people returning to the game or alts that dont have set bonus's from 4.0 you are a distinct disadvantage from being way behind in the grind and rng as well as not having the set bonus to at least use crafting and bolster to some what level the playing field.

That is a problem, it doesnt encourage players to return or stay after they go through the story if they will always be behind.

This is a game that encouraged players to grind out alts and play them all, and before you could without being at a disadvantage. 5.0 flipped that on it's head with "alternative facts" from BW. You might think having to grind out hundreds of matches or get lucky with RNG is ok but there are many that do not agree and this band aid fix isnt enough.

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

Now let’s talk about item costs from the vendor. The following costs are to purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces:

• Chest - 100
  • Legs - 100
  • Head - 100
  • Hands - 100
  • Feet - 100
  • Waist - 75
  • Wrist - 75
  • Implant - 80
  • Earpiece - 80
  • Relic - 80
  • Mainhand - 120
  • Off-hand - 120

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

• Chest – 150/225
  • Legs – 150/225
  • Head – 150/225
  • Hands – 150/225
  • Feet – 150/225
  • Waist – 115/175
  • Wrist – 115/175
  • Implant – 120/180
  • Earpiece – 120/180
  • Relic – 120/180
  • Mainhand – 180/270
  • Off-hand – 180/270

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

So if we put previous armour into legacy pieces and sold the shell we are basically screwed here and have to reaquire the piece? that sucks

What i don't know because the item sale does not show is if the gear you buy from this vendors is BoP or BoE. If it is BoP, then say goodbye to use repeated to gear up same/mirror class alts.

I correct myself, everything is BoP. So the tokens being legacy are just a joke. The only other thing in this mess that i found to be legacy are the CXP boosts but as those are bought with legacy currency, not much of a difference.

Unassembled peaces and components should be legacy wide. The actual gear you buy should be BoL or at least BoE with a sell restriction.

In fact, Command System (and mainly the Stash) should be legacy wide and gear you should also be legacy.

Unless this is changed, Recap:

* Only MK-3 items can be traded to get tier 2: MK-2 (Blue) and MK-4 (crafted purple) are whortless. All are 230 and pretty much the same, why do we need those for every peace of gear? I do get it for the 7 bonus set; but why the other 7 slots?

* You remove armoring/mods and sold the good for nothing shell, you are screwed. The only reason i still have my saberstaff is because I still did not found a dual bladed lightsaber that i like. If i had, why would i keep the stalker **** that is so big that the toon needs to wear it in the back???????

* If you get to lvl 90 and do not have the 14 MK-3 gear, you MUST first buy the tier 1 (spend components) to get the tier 2. Same with 180 and tier 3.

* Got a repeat Tier 1 or 2 bonus set? Might just desintegrate it. As you cannot share the shell with other toons, and you cannot even buy the new tier for the other toon and pass it.

* The promise to make all this legacy friendly was a big smoke screen.

It would be useful if someone could tell me the location of the Unassembled Component Vendor. No-one on the fleet seems to know (they are directing everyone to the tier vendors who are useless until you use your unassembled components).

EDIT: found the vendor. I now wish I hadn't. I see what the rage is in relation to this new grind hell we've been offered. I fail to see how they think this is a solution to gearing your main let alone your alts :mad:

Edited by Sarova

The names for the stuff in these new venders need to fix for expample Lokath MK-4 Unssembled belt ( has 3 listing under same name) if you highlight them it tells if if that piece is for Vindicator/Warleader/Weaponmaster.

Seriously you need to check and double check your spelling and typos.

hell 208 and 228 adrenals/stim/med packs use the same nameing scheme polybiotic... there are tier3 scheme are for the wrong craft skill when previous tiers had them in right crew skill

Unassembled Components should absolutely drop from more than just pvp/gsf. Any activity on the Galactic Command menu, minus OPs, should drop UCs. They should also be legacy bound.

I'd like to be optimistic about these changes, but the numbers of UCs needed for gear vs. what you get per win or loss is laughable. Yes, you can argue that you'll get gear pieces from command crates while you're working on the UCs, but the drop rate for set pieces is horrendous. Not too mention how many duplicates people seem to be getting.

Also, to the person saying they've seen loads of people with set bonus gear, how many pieces are 230 or above? I'm still wearing my 208 pvp set with set bonus with only 2 of the new pieces. Doubtful you're seeing loads with a full 230+ set.

And now when you get better gear, for example T2 Boots over your T1 Boots, you can use your old T1 Boots to get T2 Boots for your alts, with different set bonuses. And you still keep your old T1 Boots' mods on your main, or transfer them to your alts.

This sounds interesting. Could you please explain how to do this? I am in total confusion with these things.

WHAT A JOKE!

You developers must be drunk. Seriously what the actual hell is it with you people and massive grinds? You could have at least made it realistic, this utter and pure garbage.

I know what this is, however. Your marketing department believes the longer it takes to get gear, the more people will play the game. As if lol, people will quit long before they set out on a min. 2 year long grind to gear up characters.

KYS