Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

400+ matches in 2 months 3 set items...im unsubscribing...this system is broken as well....you'd want me to go through another 200 matches to farm 2 parts? im getting the fck out of here Edited by Warvey

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't we at least get unassembled components retroactively granted for wins? I'm not sure if you track losses but wins are clearly shown on each character's pvp window pop-up thing.

actually if I remember correctly, it shows wins only for regs but shows wins and losses for ranked matches. please retroactively grant these to help cut down this huge grind.

I've gotten enough VMC's from PvP to craft a full set of 240 if I had the schematics. I could sell them right now and just buy the gear, but I prefer the self-made satisfaction.

you cant buy a set bonus. crafted 240 armorings just give you stats and nothing else, a 230 armoring with a set bonus does a better job.

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

Now let’s talk about item costs from the vendor. The following costs are to purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces:

• Chest - 100
  • Legs - 100
  • Head - 100
  • Hands - 100
  • Feet - 100
  • Waist - 75
  • Wrist - 75
  • Implant - 80
  • Earpiece - 80
  • Relic - 80
  • Mainhand - 120
  • Off-hand - 120

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

• Chest – 150/225
  • Legs – 150/225
  • Head – 150/225
  • Hands – 150/225
  • Feet – 150/225
  • Waist – 115/175
  • Wrist – 115/175
  • Implant – 120/180
  • Earpiece – 120/180
  • Relic – 120/180
  • Mainhand – 180/270
  • Off-hand – 180/270

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

So just like the old Data Crystal system, but a bit more complicated. (Thought that was why they tried to simplify it with Command Crates lol)

A PVEer who raids will gear themselves out plus all their alts in the time it takes a PVPer to gear out their main. I don't raid, that's not my fancy, don't give me the easy answer and tell me how to play by telling me to "start raiding". does anyone currently play the game that makes the decisions on these numbers and how many pvp matches of any type it takes to get full 242 on one toon??? I know they are legalizing marijuana but that doesn't mean you have to smoke it and get high while making this decisions on how many unassembled components we need for one piece of gear.

you cant buy a set bonus. crafted 240 armorings just give you stats and nothing else, a 230 armoring with a set bonus does a better job.

Shouldn't have used the word "set", what I meant was that I could craft every piece of my gear at 240 now if I had the schematics, due to how many VMC's and conquest mats I got from doing PvP.

A PVEer who raids will gear themselves out plus all their alts in the time it takes a PVPer to gear out their main. I don't raid, that's not my fancy, don't give me the easy answer and tell me how to play by telling me to "start raiding". does anyone currently play the game that makes the decisions on these numbers and how many pvp matches of any type it takes to get full 242 on one toon??? I know they are legalizing marijuana but that doesn't mean you have to smoke it and get high while making this decisions on how many unassembled components we need for one piece of gear.

You don't need 242 for PvP, bolster seems to cap out at 236/240.

Something like 150 (assuming you start at level 180). Unless you were extremely lucky you'll have not your gear that way (maybe the half of it). The perversity of the system is we have no advantage to spend any component until we have enough to spend to complete the missing part because we don't know which ones they'll be. We'll be beyond level 300 at this moment, certainly.

Not completely true. by rank 150 I know many guildies that had a full 7 piece set bonus by that time. Not Tier 3 Min/maxed of course, but had all 7 set bonus pieces whether 230, 234, or 236. I'm sure it was a mix of the 3.

I just thought of a problem with this system. If the upgrade with unassembled tokens vendor needs a valor rank to use, people who got all their unassembled components from GSF won't be able to use them.

I suspect they removed the Valor requirement because they added GSF, or They are now adding Valor points to GSF matches. If not they'll expect GSF players like myself to do ground PvP.

I've gotten enough VMC's from PvP to craft a full set of 240 if I had the schematics. I could sell them right now and just buy the gear, but I prefer the self-made satisfaction.

Yes but I believe you mentioned you are level 130 GC? That's what ... at least 150 hours of time investment so far?

Also you had mentioned in another thread how this benefits new returning players ... so to tie that all together unless they have the massive amount of time available to grind out the mats, credits or GC how does any of this benefit people considering most people play casually as time allows?

"just craft it" doesn't work for everyone ( in fact this same discussion was had in another thread and it was pointed out by most how inaccessible that concept is at high end for the majority of players ).

Previously - earn crystals buy gear. Easy.

Other than the BiS you now can earn how is this system better for anyone than before? Why defend it so much?

Also, a side benefit of this system is that you can transfer set pieces you don't need between alts. For example, If one character has two set wrists and no set belt, while the other has two set belts and no set wrists, you can:

1. Upgrade one of the duplicate items into a token.

2. Use the token to pick the item that suits your other char.

3. Transfer the mods in a legacy shell to your other char.

EDIT: This also means that if you get a token from a HM Op, and you have enough components to upgrade it to 242, you can claim the token for your alt, transfer the mods to your alt via legacy shell, and then upgrade the piece to 242 for your main.

... lol what? That is a benefit over the older system somehow? We were always able to transfer gear via legacy shells it just used to be much easier to obtain.

You don't need 242 for PvP, bolster seems to cap out at 236/240.

If bolster cuts out prior to 242 does that not put those in 242 at an advantage ( albeit small ) thus wouldn't other players therefore need 242 to be playing on a level playing field? More so for ranked.

... lol what? That is a benefit over the older system somehow? We were always able to transfer gear via legacy shells it just used to be much easier to obtain.

Two new features:

1. Unless they change the requirement, if you upgrade a piece of gear after taking out its mods you get to essentially keep the weaker version, so you get two pieces of gear instead of one. This was previously restricted to PvP gear but is now for PvE gear as well.

2. You can turn your gear into an unassembled gear piece. Meaning you can change the set bonus after you upgrade.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Two new features:

1. Unless they change the requirement, if you upgrade a piece of gear after taking out its mods you get to essentially keep the weaker version, so you get two pieces of gear instead of one. This was previously restricted to PvP gear but is now for PvE gear as well.

2. You can turn your gear into an unassembled gear piece. Meaning you can change the set bonus after you upgrade.

1: With OPs gear you never had to turn in the weaker version if you got a stronger upgrade. You kept both and could transfer the weaker to a different toon if you wanted.

2: You could always do this. It wasn't until the current GC gearing that you were locked, for the most part, into what set bonus you got. Previously, if I was running as dps and had the dps set bonus but I wanted to try healing, all I needed was another unassembled token to start getting the healing set bonus.

Yes but I believe you mentioned you are level 130 GC? That's what ... at least 150 hours of time investment so far?

Also you had mentioned in another thread how this benefits new returning players ... so to tie that all together unless they have the massive amount of time available to grind out the mats, credits or GC how does any of this benefit people considering most people play casually as time allows?

"just craft it" doesn't work for everyone ( in fact this same discussion was had in another thread and it was pointed out by most how inaccessible that concept is at high end for the majority of players ).

Previously - earn crystals buy gear. Easy.

Other than the BiS you now can earn how is this system better for anyone than before? Why defend it so much?

New players benefit from the GC crate system, which gives them the gear they need with the bonuses they need without having to go through any vendors or currency. Veteran players benefit from 5.1, which gives them the ability to get the pieces of gear they weren't lucky enough to get and are smart enough to know they need. Moreover, 5.1 doesn't punish newbies for not getting into the new 5.1 stuff, since the new currency becomes more valuable the more fleshed out your gear is.

Two new features:

But you still have to earn the next gear piece ... previously in PVE for example I just earned a new piece of gear and it didn't care what sort of gear I already had ( this is now the same again for PVE ). Thus I always got to keep my previous version

Having to cash in the previous tier gear for PVP is bloody stupid now that PVE/PVP gear are the same. There is no new benefit here at all is there?

Not sure what you mean here? You can take gear you already have and get a set piece for it? Huh? Please explain this a bit better ...

New players benefit from the GC crate system, which gives them the gear they need with the bonuses they need without having to go through any vendors or currency.

It's slower than the old system and is completely time limited player unfriendly so it doesn't give them anything. It MIGHT give them something better than what they have after a time investment where as the old system DID give you something you could use for your time investment.

As for what a player NEEDS that depends on the content they do. Old system people could get to BiS PVP gear by doing PVP quicker than they can now. Operations you could get set bonus FAR quicker by doing operations.

That only really leaves people doing master chapters where you might need set bonus. The rest of the content was always easily possible on the best comms gear or with bolster it already gave you so please stop misusing the word NEED.

Veteran players benefit from 5.1, which gives them the ability to get the pieces of gear they weren't lucky enough to get and are smart enough to know they need. Moreover, 5.1 doesn't punish newbies for not getting into the new 5.1 stuff, since the new currency becomes more valuable the more fleshed out your gear is.

No that is just a SLIGHT improvement on the 5.0 system - still a total mess compared to previous gearing systems and presenting no advantages.

Why do you defend this gear system so staunchly if you can't offer up a solid benefit that the system gives over the previous system without just making stuff up?

1: With OPs gear you never had to turn in the weaker version if you got a stronger upgrade. You kept both and could transfer the weaker to a different toon if you wanted.

Not the same scenario. I'm talking about getting one drop, upgrading it and keeping the old mods. Not getting a drop better than your current piece of gear and keeping the old one.

You could always do this. It wasn't until the current GC gearing that you were locked, for the most part, into what set bonus you got. Previously, if I was running as dps and had the dps set bonus but I wanted to try healing, all I needed was another unassembled token to start getting the healing set bonus.

Again, I'm talking about upgrading a piece of gear and choosing to get a different set than the previous one. This opens up possibilities of using duplicates you get from command crates to gear your alts.

But you still have to earn the next gear piece ... previously in PVE for example I just earned a new piece of gear and it didn't care what sort of gear I already had ( this is now the same again for PVE ). Thus I always got to keep my previous version

Having to cash in the previous tier gear for PVP is bloody stupid now that PVE/PVP gear are the same. There is no new benefit here at all is there?

Not sure what you mean here? You can take gear you already have and get a set piece for it? Huh? Please explain this a bit better ...

So you have a bunch of 230 duplicate juggernaut gear from command crates on your main, and you want to gear your mercenary alt who wasn't that lucky with the crates. Now you can upgrade the jugg duplicates into 236 tokens, and use the tokens to get merc gear.

It's slower than the old system and is completely time limited player unfriendly so it doesn't give them anything. It MIGHT give them something better than what they have after a time investment where as the old system DID give you something you could use for your time investment.

It was only faster if you did ops, which casuals don't do often.

As for what a player NEEDS that depends on the content they do. Old system people could get to BiS PVP gear by doing PVP quicker than they can now. Operations you could get set bonus FAR quicker by doing operations.

That only really leaves people doing master chapters where you might need set bonus. The rest of the content was always easily possible on the best comms gear or with bolster it already gave you so please stop misusing the word NEED.

This is true, Need is subjective. Let's just say that if you aren't big into Operations, the new system will gear you up rapidly when compared to 4.7. And if you have no decent gear at all, the new system will get you up and going much faster.

No that is just a SLIGHT improvement on the 5.0 system - still a total mess compared to previous gearing systems and presenting no advantages.

It's just as messy IMO, due to the amount of vendors and currency you had to wade through. But now it's a mess you don't have to deal with until your gear is settled in and you're looking for missing upgrades.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Not the same scenario. I'm talking about getting one drop, upgrading it and keeping the old mods. Not getting a drop better than your current piece of gear and keeping the old one.

Lol love the attitude here "You just upgrade it, it ain't no thang!"

You conveniently skip the point that the process of getting to the point you can "just upgrade it" is massively longer than it was prior to 5.0 which is why this is not a benefit.

Also "getting a drop better than your current piece of gear and keeping the old one" at a much faster rate than we can "getting one drop, upgrading it and keeping the old mods." makes the later a negative, not a positive, when comparing the systems.

You are supposed to outlining benefits of this system compared to the previous and so far you aren't managing to do so.

So you have a bunch of 230 duplicate juggernaut gear from command crates on your main, and you want to gear your mercenary alt who wasn't that lucky with the crates. Now you can upgrade the jugg duplicates into 236 tokens, and use the tokens to get merc gear.

How is this different from before though for PVP and "upgrading" gear? I am trying to see the benefit in this system over the previous system that you are trying to make except it basically seems the same ( in the regard of "upgrading" for PVP gear by doing PVP ) except it now takes a damn a lot of time longer.

What is the actual benefit here? Break it down. Use examples of before and after.

You just seem to be saying things and pretending like it's somehow different or better without actually blatantly illustrating how it is better.

This shouldn't be hard for you to do if you are right and these is a benefit to be seen.