Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

Stop. Just.... Stop.

You've gone beyond the ridiculous.

The blind devotion here is interesting to say the least. The poster doesn't seem to be trolling or anything but can never justify their position even though being asked to a few times now.

Almost makes one think this poster truly does have some connection to BWA *shrug* but I hate conspiracy theories like that but it has had me wondering a few times based on their posts.

Nice signature btw heh ... forgot about that "exciting" stuff they wanted to announce but coming from Ben "Thrill of the Hunt" Irving I think he would find paint drying exciting.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blind devotion here is interesting to say the least. The poster doesn't seem to be trolling or anything but can never justify their position even though being asked to a few times now.

I really don't understand the need some people have to defend this mess. It's OK! Bioware made a mistake! It happens! Relax. Admitting that something is bad is the first step to fixing it. If you have to argue that the system is good because you can get what you want by grinding and jumping through silly convoluted hoops, it's a hint that THINGS CAN BE BETTER.

Like the old system was. It was categorically better than the current system in EVERY way. It needed some tweaking, sure. It did not need wholesale replacement with something much worse.

I think they are hoping that while you are grinding to get the components to be able to get the gear you will gain the levels and receive the luck from the RNG gods to get enough pieces in Tier 1 to supplement the pieces you don't have to grind to get.

But considering how many matches, has anyone worked out how many matches does it take to play to go from Tier 1 to Tier 2 and so on.

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

Now let’s talk about item costs from the vendor. The following costs are to purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces:

• Chest - 100
  • Legs - 100
  • Head - 100
  • Hands - 100
  • Feet - 100
  • Waist - 75
  • Wrist - 75
  • Implant - 80
  • Earpiece - 80
  • Relic - 80
  • Mainhand - 120
  • Off-hand - 120

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

• Chest – 150/225
  • Legs – 150/225
  • Head – 150/225
  • Hands – 150/225
  • Feet – 150/225
  • Waist – 115/175
  • Wrist – 115/175
  • Implant – 120/180
  • Earpiece – 120/180
  • Relic – 120/180
  • Mainhand – 180/270
  • Off-hand – 180/270

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

This is officially ridiculous. Really glad I'm not sticking around.

I think they are hoping that while you are grinding to get the components to be able to get the gear you will gain the levels and receive the luck from the RNG gods to get enough pieces in Tier 1 to supplement the pieces you don't have to grind to get.

But considering how many matches, has anyone worked out how many matches does it take to play to go from Tier 1 to Tier 2 and so on.

For this new system yes earlier in the thread.

If you wanted to know how many to upgrade your GC levels via WZs it's harder to work out as I believe medals affect CP paid so it varies match to match?

I really don't understand the need some people have to defend this mess.
- you've got what you want .. proof there is a lot of ppl who have easy with this system. And ppl still crying about how hard is to get gear full bonus set :mad:

Almost makes one think this poster truly does have some connection to BWA *shrug* but I hate conspiracy theories like that but it has had me wondering a few times based on their posts.
- this is your argument now? .. pathetic. Like i said .. write to this peps = waste of time. They must hate because they have it in their nature. This system should be better i agree but still you cant agree with ppl who find ways to get gear and that why it means you trolling now, not we. Edited by Trlance

- you've got what you want .. proof there is a lot of ppl who have easy with this system. And ppl still crying about how hard is to get gear full bonus set :mad:

- this is your argument now? .. pathetic. Like i said .. write to this peps = waste of time. They must hate because they have it in their nature. This system should be better i agree but still you cant agree with ppl who find ways to get gear and that why it means you trolling now, not we.

I find this comment absolutely hilarious because I have no idea what the hell you're rying to say. In any case it's even funnier if read in a spicy Italian accent Keepo.

Edited by FerkWork

How is this different from before though for PVP and "upgrading" gear? I am trying to see the benefit in this system over the previous system that you are trying to make except it basically seems the same ( in the regard of "upgrading" for PVP gear by doing PVP ) except it now takes a damn a lot of time longer.

What is the actual benefit here? Break it down. Use examples of before and after.

I said that while this existed for PvP gear before, it now exists for PvE as well. Also for two upgrade tiers instead of one. I already gave you an example, you can now transfer pve set pieces to your alts via upgrading them.

Lol love the attitude here "You just upgrade it, it ain't no thang!"

You conveniently skip the point that the process of getting to the point you can "just upgrade it" is massively longer than it was prior to 5.0 which is why this is not a benefit.

Also "getting a drop better than your current piece of gear and keeping the old one" at a much faster rate than we can "getting one drop, upgrading it and keeping the old mods." makes the later a negative, not a positive, when comparing the systems.

Upgrading T1 to T2 takes somewhere between 20 hours and 6 hours of PvP/GSF gameplay+queues, depending on your server, luck and skill. You also get CXP, conquest points, and weekly/daily rewards doing those activities. While you could get PvP gear at a much faster rate before, this system lets you get PvE gear.

Only for set bonus gear. If you weren't doing operations then you didn't need set bonus gear. Ultimate comm gear was more than enough for everything else ( and PVP had it's own gear ).

Also don't presume to know what casuals do. I love and mostly do ops and I'm totally casual these days ( for past couple of years in fact ).

Casual doesn't only imply the type of content you do but the amount of time you have to play - I casually paly this game.

A casual player by definition doesn't spend a lot of time playing. Operations are the most time-consuming activity in the game, so casual players are naturally less likely to lean towards them.

Care to elaborate on how this system gears you up more rapidly when compared to 4.7? I feel that's not the case at all ( crystals and actual gear drops being a far faster means of gearing ) but if you are going to make such observations you really need to justify how you came to that conclusion.

The first crate you get guarantees you a useful piece of gear, unless you have crafted gear or operations gear ready. Neither of the latter options are likely for new players. The following crates are still extremely likely to give you useful gear, with every crate having a reduced chance until you reach the next tier.

In 4.7 you had to work towards every piece of gear equally, so they all took the same amount of time to get. You didn't have the diminishing returns of 5.0, but you had a slower progression at the start and radiant gear took much longer to get than glowing gear. You also had to deal with a multitude of different vendors and currency as opposed to just a crate.

OK sure if we completely ignore the changes coming in 5.1 and only look at GC on it's own I will agree it's a more simple system, no arguments there. That simplicity however comes at a trade off of basically no longer being able to get the gear I feel I need for HM+ raiding - not just having to take longer, not being able to get it at all through GC.

I don't have time to commit to the game to get my rank that high by doing activities that don't interest me and if I try to gear doing operations that do interest me it's going to take me months just to get to a point where the 2nd tier starts dropping and then months more for those drops to filter through and me get lucky.

That's the trade off and if you want to try and say "but they are trying to rememdy that with 5.1 changes" then throw your argument on simplicity becomes moot because when you combine 5.1 in total it's more complex AND it takes far longer than prior to 5.0 for all the reasons I've stated.

What gear do you deem worthy of HM ops? I know certain groups did it in a mix of 224/230 and I know I'm only comfortable in T2 gear for HM ops, due to me being a relative newbie to operations. And it seems as if that's how it should be. Since HM Ops reward T2 gear, good groups should be able to do it in T1 gear and mediocre groups should be able to do it in T2 gear. As the best raiders would say, "gear is a crutch".

Edited by Eli_Porter

These numbers are out of control.

I think they have the Component requirement and the Command Token requirement reversed. Considering how many tokens we get while leveling CXP, several hundred tokens per piece sounds reasonable. At the same time, a cost of 48 Unassembled Components for a tier 3 piece when you are only getting 5 per warzone win sounds reasonable too. That's like 10 wzs to get a tier 3 piece.

The way it's listed right now (270 Unassembled Components for a mainhand when you only get 5 components per WZ) just can't possibly be right. At a cost of a couple dozen Command Tokens when you get a dozen tokens per crate? No, it HAS to be reversed.

I guess my point is, if it's correct the way it's written, we will be DROWNING in Command Tokens before we have enough Unassembled Components to buy a single piece. If you exchange the values of Command Tokens and Unassembled Components, the system makes much more sense.

Edited by Shirvington

These numbers are out of control.

I think they have the Component requirement and the Command Token requirement reversed. Considering how many tokens we get while leveling CXP, several hundred tokens per piece sounds reasonable. At the same time, a cost of 48 Unassembled Components for a tier 3 piece when you are only getting 5 per warzone win sounds reasonable too. That's like 10 wzs to get a tier 3 piece.

The way it's listed right now (270 Unassembled Components for a mainhand when you only get 5 components per WZ) just can't possibly be right. At a cost of a couple dozen Command Tokens when you get a dozen tokens per crate? No, it HAS to be reversed.

I guess my point is, if it's correct the way it's written, we will be DROWNING in Command Tokens before we have enough Unassembled Components to buy a single piece. If you exchange the values of Command Tokens and Unassembled Components, the system makes much more sense.

If you're a raider, most of your command tokens will be used on gear. If you're not, most of your command tokens will be used on CXP boosters.

Hi Guys

first i have to apology for my bad english because iam from germany.

I have a question to the new system.

I have the 240 weapon from the crates. could i upgrade this weapon with pvp to 242?

and does this work with other items. but i have removed the mods from the original itmes

Would be nice if someone could answer me

Edited by Tzushi

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

I want a tier 3 chest, and my method is PvP warzones.

I will need to be Command Rank 39 to have sufficient tokens for the purchasing of initial + upgrades

I will need to win 20 warzones to start (20x5 = 100) for the unassembled components for the tier 1 piece

I will then need to win an additional 75 warzones to get the 375 other unassembled components for the t2 and t3 upgrades?

So 39 command ranks, and 95 warzone wins for 1 piece of t3 gear? Is this a joke?

Almost 100 warzones @ 10-15 (used avg of 12.5) minutes per WZ = almost 20 hours per item, not including actually grinding the command ranks for additional tokens down the road.

Starting to think just sticking with RNG was better off.

Edited by rylanadionysis
math

First off, thank you very much for the hard numbers. I appreciate that. :)

Secondly, HOLY EPIC GRIND BATMAN!!!!

Some math (just for tier 1 as my brain doesn't even want to consider tier 2 or tier 3):

1290 components are required for a full set of tier 1.

Assuming a 50% regular unranked warzone win percentage ==> (5 + 2) / 2 = 3.5 components per warzone

1290 / 3.5 = ~369 regular warzones to get tier 1......*passes out*

Assuming a casual dude such as myself runs 5 warzones per day ==> 369 / 5 = 73.8 days to get tier 1

Like I said, I'm not mentally prepared to do the math for figuring out the other tiers. Please have mercy. :eek:

Lastly, a question that I brought up a while back in another one of these threads, which I'm assuming wasn't noticed or considered, is this: are we hosed for not keeping the empty shells of the purple gear drops we got from Galactic Command? So, if I got 230 gloves and pants on a character, I pulled the armor / mod / enhancement and sold the empty shell to a vendor ('cause why would I not want 10k or so credits from something that I will never need LOL). Now you are telling me that I actually should have kept those shells? WHOOOPSIE!!! Now I have to re-grind to purchase that shell from the vendor so that I can trade it in for the tier2 variant? I REALLY hope you guys thought about this....

Could I perhaps trade in the armoring instead? Pretty please? :(

Thank you.

At five warzones (about an hour) a day, it would take you 20 days per piece, or 280 days approximately for a full set for one character

To sum up.... I have played a hell lot of pvp since the expansion hit. Also grinded ofc, but overall my command rank is 290. I got next to zero top tier gear, only two sorry 242 implants rest is junk I had to disintegrate.

If my math isn't off, tomorrow I will receive about 2500 tokens and unless I am misreading the info, I will not be able to buy any gear with them from the PVP vendor or whatever. So i pretty much have to start from scratch, gearing up like anyone else or do Master Ops?

My question is what the heck am I supposed to do as a pvp player with the said stuff amount of tokens which you will so generously bestow upon me?

Edited by EnniSquinnna

To sum up.... I have played a hell lot of pvp since the expansion hit. Also grinded ofc, but overall my command rank is 290. I got next to zero top tier gear, only two sorry 242 implants rest is junk I had to disintegrate.

If my math isn't off, tomorrow I will receive about 2500 tokens and unless I am misreading the info, I will not be able to buy any gear with them from the PVP vendor or whatever. So i pretty much have to start from scratch, gearing up like anyone else or do Master Ops?

My question is what the heck am I supposed to do as a pvp player with the said stuff amount of tokens which you will so generously bestow upon me?

CXP boosters.

CXP boosters.

To get more crates, more tokens, to get another cxp booster. Fun! :rolleyes: Don't worry, you will get lucky and in the next 10 crates you will get 12 different 242 pieces. Because you have to remember, crates are THE MAIN way of gearing up.

Edited by Katushe

To get more crates, more tokens, to get another cxp booster. Fun! :rolleyes: Don't worry, you will get lucky and in the next 10 crates you will get 12 different 242 pieces. Because you have to remember, crates are THE MAIN way of gearing up.

Yes for the next hundreds of times I get 5000 CXP after level 300 and get more empty boxes. What a joke, I hope Eric and the devs read this and they are happy for making complete fools out of us.

Crates are the main way to get started in a tier. If you wanna get a complete 12-piece 242 set, you'd best rely on NiM Ops, Crates, and PvP/GSF. Or you can settle for 240 in some slots through crafting.

Edited by Eli_Porter

i think this is not that bad, as it sounds.

first pvp is still a good way to earn cxp. in average i get about 700 cxp each match.

this is about 7 matches a rank (300+) and the chance for another 240/242 item.

the most pvp players i know, are rank 300+ and have an average itemlevel of 240.

(mostly bad-luck with relicts, because 240 are useless).

this system is just additional, that you can take you components and commando tokens,

to gear up a specific item. yes, with "some" work.

but keep in mind, that the ppl always would take the best way to gear up. if it would be

pvp, just more pve players would flood the wz. it is enough, that they all are doing the

weekly, for the materials and schematics.

the open questions for me would be,

if you can upgrade a "token" from tier 1 zu tier 2,

or if you need another hull again?

for me it seems like a mix of the former pvp equipment,

with the tokens from operations. you get your hull and

can change that into your wanted piece of gear. but how

does it works, if you wanna update your tier 2 set, to tier 3.

and will it be possible, to update operations hulls with components

and commando-tokens, or is this a different currency?

What point is that? "Let me reach BiS for every piece of gear in 1 week or I unsubscribe"?

I just explained my command rank is 290, almost no 242 gear, got it from playing hard for 2 months and now I have to start over. Where exactly do you see me saying 1 week easy gear or unsub?

Edited by EnniSquinnna

I just explained my command rank is 290, almost no 242 gear, got it from playing hard for 2 months and now I have to start over. Where exactly do you see me saying 1 week easy gear or unsub?

You just said "I get nothing from command crates", didn't specify your gear.

Almost no 242 at CR 290 is on the low side, but this is without any gear drops from NiM ops. Aside from NiM Ops, with this Unassembled Components system you can upgrade your 236's to 242 (and 230's to 236). Crafted 240's can cover most of your non-set missing pieces as well.

Edited by Eli_Porter

What a mess. What have they done to this game. GC is the worst decision they could do for SWTOR. It seems like they WANT the subs to quit the Game.

Someone on the forums stated the Devs have disconnected to the Playerbase. I cant agree more.

@devs Maybe you simply dont understand the truth but once again: You cant fix this GC Mess with pimping up some CXP Points here and there.

This System CANT be fixed. This System can only be fixed by removing it ! Explant it from the Game !

Alternative: Restore old 4.0 Loot Tables, Currencies and so on and bring GC ONT TOP of that. Make GC the second gearing Path not the primary.

That could be a compromise and not a total loss in development hours for GC.

But how the **** again - why ?? Why Did you bring GC up instead of a new Operation or Daily Area. You really spent one year in the development of this **** ?

If i were an EA Boss i would fire you all and crucify you for the rest of the gaming market.

On Top of it: Every Post from the Devs & Musco create more anger and hate in me because maybe its the new "Style" to communicate with people

or i am simply to old to understand this. GC is obviously ****! Yes there are fanboys that like GC but there are people out there that like scat too.

Really - the majority of the playerbase HATES GC.

But the Devs defend it like Trumps Speaker said the inauguration 2017 was the greatest ever.

So every Post from Devs and Musco feel like "alternative facts"...

Summary: 5.0 is a total deseaster and NOTHING will help you to fix this GC mess. State of the Game is: Patient is half dead; Brain has lost connection to Body; Total

Welcome to SWTOR 2017 :(

Crates are the main way to get started in a tier. If you wanna get a complete 12-piece 242 set, you have to rely on NiM Ops, Crates, and PvP/GSF. Or you can settle for 240 in some slots through crafting.

No, mate, that's simply not true. Crates are a joke as a way for gearing. The drop chance of a good item is so low, you can actually rely on them NOT TO drop anything. And when they do, they drop doubles. A joke.

Now, in order "to fill in gaps" (ROTFLMAO) you have another grind to do. If you want T3 gear with bonus set.

Otherwise, you can get gear by crafting or buying. Not a problem.

Actually, to get gear is not a problem. If you have top tier gear with bonus set as a goal, THAN you have a problem. The required grind and the random factor makes that T3 bonus gear to be an elusive reward. So elusive, you can not actually count on that gear as reward anymore. As demonstrated by many in this thread, there is not enough time to December 2017 to gear up (T3 with bonus I mean) more then a couple of alts, all the luck in the world included.

True, you can get it, without any bonus, 240 instead of 242 with credits from gtn. No big deal. But if you don't get top tier gear with bonus set as reward that you chase, what do you have to chase? The grind? Decorations? Mats for crafting to sell to get credits to buy cxp boost perks? As a reward? A boost to get another boost faster? What is the purpose of trying to get a team working, pvp or ops alike? For what? For the fun of the grind? I don't enjoy the social part of this sort of game enough to make socializing a purpose in itself. I have facebook for that.

Everybody will settle for what they can get as gear in a easier way and the group content will die. Because the effort of group content is actually rewarded with a grind.