Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

What about Alliance and Alliance crates? Will the Alliance rank be higher? Or its better to spend the crates now to get the crystals from them and from missions that were complete after every X Alliance levels?

Will crates drop everything as now except crystals?

All good questions please answer these as well.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any overage will likely go into escrow.

I expect the same but BW need to point this out. Also not everyone comes to the forums so it would be useful to put this info on the game launcher as well in some fashion.

I have to admit I really see no logic in removing crystals at all , same as there was no point in changing planetary commissions to crystals in the first place. It really is a waste of time for BW staff who probably have better and more important things to spend there time on. Overall this is disappointing change to the game. Still this is not Eric's doing but Eric please pass this on to whoever thought of this pointless change.

Edited by cloneofdax

Eric -

You guys DO realize that the only people that will be happy with this are the credit spammers, right? You just made their business far more profitable and far more people tempted to use them. You're literally costing yourself money.

4.0 -

"I need WZ gear for an alt - better grind some WZ's"

"I need PvE gear for an alt - better do some Ops on my main and get a legacy set (or WZ's and use a PvP set while I grind out a PvE set)... or grind out some heroics and buy crappy crystal gear"

"I need companion gifts - better do some heroics"

"I need -"

"/1 Get credits at whatsinaname.com! Millions for cheap! Fast delivery!"

how do you come up with that? to get gear all you have to do is normal activities in game that do not cost you credits, and some activities don't even need any gear to do. If your using credits to gear up, your just doing it wrong.

Edited by Toraak

how do you come up with that? to get gear all you have to do is normal activities in game that do not cost you credits, and some activities don't even need any gear to do. If your using credits to gear up, your just doing it wrong.

well the only way for non subs to get end game gear, or even subs who want to have gear before starting to do end game content, would be crafted gear. so i'm guessing that was his point *shrugs*

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits

- 1000 Warzone Commedations = 30-60 mins of gameplay.

- 30-60 mins of gameplay = 2-3 runs of Tattooine Heroics in a group of 4.

- 2-3 runs of Tattooine Heroics in a group of 4 with bonus missions = 2-3 million credits.

- 1000 Warzone Commendations = 50k.

Why does it feel like the PvP players are being short changed out of this? Not only do they earn less credits for their preferred type of gameplay, but to add insult to injury BioWare remove the ability to transfer those commendations around with less than 24 hours notice and then limit the conversion to 2 Million Credits.

How is that even remotely a reasonable exchange rate or way to treat one subset of your players BioWare? How is that even an incentive to participate when you treat a subset of your players in such a manner BioWare?

Disgusted.

Edited by Transcendent

Eric, please remove the cap on this conversion. With all the massive changes to the game, you need to take a step back and look at what you are doing to the current subscriber base and preferred players who could subscribe again.

I understand the changes you are making to force subscription to the game to get Galactic Command, although I do think you should still allow preferred to play unlimited wz/ops/gsf but not get any GC rewards. But imposing a restriction on this conversion is just thoughtless and unnecessary.

Do not cap any conversions going into 5.0, please. Just think of all that money that will be sitting in escrow, asking preferred players to sub and set it free. Make the right choice here, the one that shows people that subscribing and playing is the best and most enjoyable experience.

Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

-eric

Yes, I have a question:

Will you let us move WZ comms again so the credits dont go to waste? On my main PVP toon, she has about 80,000 wz comms. That would give her more than 2 mil in credits. About 1 or 2 weeks ago, you took away the ability to move WZ comms around. You did not state there was a limit then. I would have spread the WZ comms out to a different chracter had I known you were going to screw us over.

Thanks.

Yes, I have a question:

Will you let us move WZ comms again so the credits dont go to waste? On my main PVP toon, she has about 80,000 wz comms. That would give her more than 2 mil in credits. About 1 or 2 weeks ago, you took away the ability to move WZ comms around. You did not state there was a limit then. I would have spread the WZ comms out to a different chracter had I known you were going to screw us over.

Thanks.

I requested the same in my post in this thread but let's be real: they knew exactly what they were doing.

I do not gear up using credits, but remember that non-subs don't get the gear out of heroic boxes - and can't access the gear that will drop in GC.

My point was that in 4.0 you used comms to get PvP gear, and other items were only attainable through non-credit transactions. This meant f2p/pref had a way to save up for gear (even if it was crystal) and other things that would have otherwise meant going over their credit cap. This ALSO meant that if you wanted (say) PvP gear, you couldn't take a shortcut by farming credits (or as in my hyperbole, buy them off a credit farmer); you had to ACTUALLY PvP.

NOW anything can be gotten for credits, so the items people want to buy (including non-armor decos/comp gifts/etc that were previously bought with alternative currencies or overpriced on the GTN) will now make life even easier for credit farmers- and way harder for F2P/Pref.

NOT the way BW should be skewing things IMHO.

Yes, I have a question:

Thanks.

This is why I told everyone I could to stick their WZ comms into legacy. Friend has 180k; had to buy extra legacy bays to store it all XD

Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

1 Common Crystal = 500 credits

1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits

1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

So does that mean, i can buy the 208, 216 and 220 gear for 60k, 120k and 180k each then when 5.0 goes live (using an example 120 comms for a gear peice) .............I Doubt it very much.............. :(

Edited by greenMne

Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

1 Common Crystal = 500 credits

1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits

1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric, why are there limits on the maximum credits earned? If you had told people about this before you locked warzone comms to the player, people would have been able to spread them out? I have a friend who really likes to pvp (800k warzone comms)... and they will only get 2 out of the 40 million? That seems really unfair, and a slap in the face for someone who has spent so much time playing. :confused:

NOW anything can be gotten for credits, so the items people want to buy (including non-armor decos/comp gifts/etc that were previously bought with alternative currencies or overpriced on the GTN) will now make life even easier for credit farmers- and way harder for F2P/Pref.

not necessarily, it is very possible the only way to get those things will be the command crates, it's not unllikely that stuff like the rank 6 companion gifts that used to cost crystals will now (instead of costing credits) will have their vendor removed and the only way to get them will be from command crates.

I totally second some of the guys ranting here.

First, telling people to quickly move whatever PvP comms they want to move because RSN there'd be no legacy-bound WZ comm grants anymore, THEN nerfing the BoL grants out of the game after ONE or TWO DAYS(!) (Not all of the players have the opportunity to play every evening, dear Eric, Tait &co... consider this!)...

... AND THEN TELLING PEOPLE WITH MAXED OUT WZ COMM STACKS THAT THERE IS A CAP OF 2M CREDS FOR THE CONVERSION WHILE OFFERING RATHER ****** CONVERSION RATES FOR THE PVE CRYSTALS (500 - 1000 - 1500 is just ridiculous considering how much time people invested into collecting those in the first place...)...

Sorry, Devs and Messenger-Eric, but you're insulting your players. Everyone on here has a right to feel cheated.

I have nearly always been a loyal subscriber to this game, but I will thoroughly reconsider my involvement for the future. You're slapping the most loyal players in the face and do nothing about credit spammers who will gain even more customers because people need credits in 5.0 and you're not even able or willing to reward them for their time played before KotET.

You're killing this game.

I cannot fathom how this could be your intention, but it apparently is.

If I'm grossly mistaken, then please Eric, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

EITHER

(re-)introduce BoL Commendation Grants for ALL the sorts of Comms which are going to be removed (I have alts with 21-49 radiant crystals, I would totally spend them if I could find something useful...)

OR

Remove that compensation cap

AND - in any case -

Rethink the compensations for the comms, 1000 for glowing and 1500 for radiants is ridiculous!

Edited by force_fortytwo

I totally second some of the guys ranting here.

First, telling people to quickly move whatever PvP comms they want to move because RSN there'd be no legacy-bound WZ comm grants anymore, THEN nerfing the BoL grants out of the game after ONE or TWO DAYS(!) (Not all of the players have the opportunity to play every evening, dear Eric, Tait &co... consider this!)...

... AND THEN TELLING PEOPLE WITH MAXED OUT WZ COMM STACKS THAT THERE IS A CAP OF 2M CREDS FOR THE CONVERSION WHILE OFFERING RATHER ****** CONVERSION RATES FOR THE PVE CRYSTALS (500 - 1000 - 1500 is just ridiculous considering how much time people invested into collecting those in the first place...)...

Sorry, Devs and Messenger-Eric, but you're insulting your players. Everyone on here has a right to feel cheated.

I have nearly always been a loyal subscriber to this game, but I will thoroughly reconsider my involvement for the future. You're slapping the most loyal players in the face and do nothing about credit spammers who will gain even more customers because people need credits in 5.0 and you're not even able or willing to reward them for their time played before KotET.

You're killing this game.

I cannot fathom how this could be your intention, but it apparently is.

If I'm grossly mistaken, then please Eric, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

EITHER

(re-)introduce BoL Commendation Grants for ALL the sorts of Comms which are going to be removed (I have alts with 21-49 radiant crystals, I would totally spend them if I could find something useful...)

OR

Remove that compensation cap

AND - in any case -

Rethink the compensations for the comms, 1000 for glowing and 1500 for radiants is ridiculous!

100x this

Though I will add that I think WZ comms are similarly super low. Its as if developers don't realize how bad the inflation has gotten (or how taking out other currencies will ADD to said inflation.

I think we were all hoping these (at least the WZ comms) would be changed to XP instead - since that would mean they would go towards getting better PvP gear as was their main purpose while they existed.

not necessarily, it is very possible the only way to get those things will be the command crates, it's not unllikely that stuff like the rank 6 companion gifts that used to cost crystals will now (instead of costing credits) will have their vendor removed and the only way to get them will be from command crates.

I believe they've said all the vendors would be changed to selling the items for credits... but even assuming they're taken out, that STILL means destroying access to important in-game items from F2P/Pref - since a lack of vendors means they'd have to buy them off the GTN for credits, and seeing how inflated things are now most of those would be far harder to come by than they are now.

Developers you do realize that players who are fully geared now and over 40K WZ coms have literally no intensive to PvP now right? Since our coms are locked on our toons and now are meaningless past 40K cap, there is no reason to even play PvP till 5.0. Don't you find this a little ridiculous?

You have to unbind our coms and just remove/convert them in 5.0 .There is no reason to lock them now and force players to deal with the fact that their 200K coms they saved during months and months of grinding warzones will mean literally nothing in 5.0.

Developers you do realize that players who are fully geared now and over 40K WZ coms have literally no intensive to PvP now right? Since our coms are locked on our toons and now are meaningless past 40K cap, there is no reason to even play PvP till 5.0. Don't you find this a little ridiculous?

You have to unbind our coms and just remove/convert them in 5.0 .There is no reason to lock them now and force players to deal with the fact that their 200K coms they saved during months and months of grinding warzones will mean literally nothing in 5.0.

The conversion rates are so bad, I doubt most people will sit and wait. Buying deco's and shells will yield far better results than waiting for BW to toss you 50creds per comm.

While I mainly PvE I still think it's stupid how in 5.0 PvPers will likely have the disadvantage in warzones based on gear.

The one thing that made PvP okay for me was that you could get BiS gear fairly fast and then the only difference between you and the top player was skill and class knowhow. Yes, fully min/maxing took longer, but even without out it the field was fairly level... and even people without gear got bolstered enough that you didn't get utterly facerolled on a new alt when working towards gear (again, assuming you knew your class) OR you were able to play enough in lowbies to have enough for a full ranked set as soon as you hit 65 (and thus had the best gear you could from the getgo).

Now you'll have to grind the XP ONCE you hit cap, so you'll be in WZ with bad gear and only SLOWLY working your way up to a leveled playing field (or alternatively, grinders will always be able to get better gear, and thus advantage over casuals).

5.0 - when grind trumps skill. Yay.

i don't understand the need to remove the ability to move warzone comms around in the first place. you could have just left the system in place and just removed it when 5.0 launched.

It is easy to gather hundreds of thousands of WZ commendations thanks to the commendation grants. Did you seriously expect the game to hand you dozens of millions of credits? It is pretty obvious that this change made a few days before announcing the conversation rates was to reduce the influx of credits. If we were able to store and move data crystals between characters just like you could with PvP comms I can guarantee that we would have seen the same change.

Edited by demotivator

well the only way for non subs to get end game gear, or even subs who want to have gear before starting to do end game content, would be crafted gear. so i'm guessing that was his point *shrugs*

The truth is if your a non sub, you won't need end game gear, and these days crafting is something most players are self reliant on, so won't take credits to make gear you can use for Heroics and the like.

If your PvP, there is only 1 way to compete now. Subscribe, because you won't be able to get your set bonus any other way (again no credits required). not to mention many players have 224's now anyway which based off of previous expansions will be good until 70, and will be just fine in SM operations, or even PvP to start with until you get your new gear from command crates (again need to be a sub). Gearing up alts will consist of, spamming a few SM Ops to quickly get a bunch of GC ranks, mixed with PvP, Uprisings. If I had to guess, 1-2 weeks and someone would have enough gear for HM ops (at the most, since you do not need a full set of gear before HM) so getting someone ready for HM Operations even shouldn't cost Credits.

The truth is if your a non sub, you won't need end game gear, and these days crafting is something most players are self reliant on, so won't take credits to make gear you can use for Heroics and the like.

If your PvP, there is only 1 way to compete now. Subscribe, because you won't be able to get your set bonus any other way (again no credits required). not to mention many players have 224's now anyway which based off of previous expansions will be good until 70, and will be just fine in SM operations, or even PvP to start with until you get your new gear from command crates (again need to be a sub). Gearing up alts will consist of, spamming a few SM Ops to quickly get a bunch of GC ranks, mixed with PvP, Uprisings. If I had to guess, 1-2 weeks and someone would have enough gear for HM ops (at the most, since you do not need a full set of gear before HM) so getting someone ready for HM Operations even shouldn't cost Credits.

Exactly, many casuals are pref that PvP once in a while. With the change this means the wait times will get longer (since now the casuals can't compete, and won't sub for long JUST to PvP once in a while) and the skill of the avg wz player will go down with the influx of people going in to farm XP (like in DvL they farmed valor).

Also, your statement about gearing forgets about the fickle nature of RNG gods and that some people don't do all the parts of the game on the same toons.

I, for instance, mainly tank ops... but hate PvP tanking and heal instead.

Also, the ability to test out if you like PvPing on a class/spec will go down segnificantly. In 4.0, assuming enough comms, you could get a full ranked set (except MH/OF) and if you didn't like PvPing in that spec you could return it and buy a different one.

Edited by Elssha