Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

Exactly, many casuals are pref that PvP once in a while. With the change this means the wait times will get longer (since now the casuals can't compete, and won't sub for long JUST to PvP once in a while) and the skill of the avg wz player will go down with the influx of people going in to farm XP (like in DvL they farmed valor).

Also, your statement about gearing forgets about the fickle nature of RNG gods and that some people don't do all the parts of the game on the same toons.

I, for instance, mainly tank ops... but hate PvP tanking and heal instead.

Also, the ability to test out if you like PvPing on a class/spec will go down segnificantly. In 4.0, assuming enough comms, you could get a full ranked set (except MH/OF) and if you didn't like PvPing in that spec you could return it and buy a different one.

RNG gods are meaningless to this. they've said 1 crate every 1-2 hrs. Even if you play 2 hrs a night, for 2 weeks, you should at least have 4-5 different pieces (out of call it 14 crates on the low end), which should be a start for you to do HM Operations or PvP. 2 weeks is not much time at all to gear up. (and lets face it they needed to do something so we couldn't gear up in 1 night like was possible in 4.0)

I REPEAT. You do not need a full set to run HM Ops. Skill, and knowing the mechanics are more important.

Edited by Toraak

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what I chose to do with this ridiculous credit limit is to purchase roughly 15,000 war zone healing potions to try to get each character under the 2 million credit cap. I've purchased about 100 rank 6 companion gifts.

I'm upset, but what else can you do.

The best way to maximize your credits is to buy data crystals with wz comms, then go to odessen and buy grade 6 comp gifts. They sell for 100k on gtn on Harb server. Its a far better ratio than that 50-1 joke that bioware is giving us. HOWEVER, It was a dick move to bind the commendation grants just days BEFORE announcing the conversion rate and the max limit is 2 mill. yes, I was expecting the game to grant us tons of millions of credits for all of my hours of doing PvP since I have saved hundreds of thousands of wz comms. Especially since everything will be bought with credits now like ranked rewards and lower lvl gear mods. only 40k comms will equal the 2 mill max. this doesn't include any crystals I may have. Does anyone remember SWG? they pissed off their population also and the game died. History will repeat itself if Bioware continues to stab us in the back like this.

RNG gods are meaningless to this. they've said 1 crate every 1-2 hrs. Even if you play 2 hrs a night, for 2 weeks, you should at least have 4-5 different pieces (out of call it 14 crates on the low end), which should be a start for you to do HM Operations or PvP. 2 weeks is not much time at all to gear up. (and lets face it they needed to do something so we couldn't gear up in 1 night like was possible in 4.0)

I REPEAT. You do not need a full set to run HM Ops. Skill, and knowing the mechanics are more important.

Perhaps, depends on how they tuned the ops to level 70. If the new starter level is like the current 208, some HM could be run but not all. If the new tier is like 216, then more could be run. If they over tune the ops though, then could be a lot of grinding before the dps would be high enough for many of them. All speculation at this point

WOW

WZ cap is 250,000. Multiplied by 50 is 12,500,000 and the limit is 2,000,000 .... and you already took away any option to move those WZ comms ......

1500 credits for top tier PvE comms? LOL

Have you even looked at the economy? 1500 is nothing. 2,000,000 is nothing.

You guys have lost your minds.

What about GSF commendations (NOT REQ)? What's happening to those?

~ Eudoxia

Those are fleet commendations, which several folks have also asked about in this thread. Two possibilities:

1) Fleet comms will remain unchanged

2) BW forgot fleet comms even exist

Forgive my cynicism, but I'm putting my money on #2.

Edited by MaximilianPower

This pretty much kills the last reason I had to play until the new content comes out. I figured I would run heroics with my alts to get a few crystals for them, with the idea they would get converted to something useful. Trying to get extra radiant crystals on my main character seems a waste at this point, too.

It seems pretty clear to me that they expect you to spend your commendations. The removal of the ability to move warzone commendations around PRIOR to announcing the conversion cap was calculated and dishonest. No other reasonable conclusion can be drawn from the studio's actions.

They knew if they had announced it earlier, people would have shifted their commendations around to maximize the payout.

If you wanted to protect the economy, then you should have given something else in exchange for the commendations.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information on the conversion rates.

Would you be able to clarify what happens to any "Large Common Data Crystal Container" that we might be carrying?

They're good for 99 common data crystals, but will they be converted to credits or should we make sure to use those containers?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I disagree. I've had terrible luck with RNG. I'm seeing many belts and not much else. I still haven't completed a SINGLE set of that remnant gear, and that's with heroics being easy to grind.

Also, don't forget that it's PER CHARACTER. They say 1-2h per box, yes... but how they came up with that is anyone's guess - as is how it'll actually look. They also get slower the higher you go. The Ops might get you boxes faster, but that assumes you clear everything and do so without too much problem.

And while yes, you don't need full HM gear to get into HM's (especially the ones hard in name only), it does depend on your group's overall skill and gear, too. Seeing as I tank, being in starter gear when DPS might be in high end *will* make keeping aggro a pain... and I'm fully aware I have a lot to learn. I can't learn much though when finding a group to do HM's now is difficult enough on my server unless it's KP or EV.

I wasn't here in 3.0 or before when raids were plentiful. I'm not on Harb, where half the server is HM capable and you can get into fun HM's easily (though from my recent hop over there it sounds like things are drying up there, too).

I can't grind rep on multiple servers, either - unless I am vastly underestimating how easy it will be to level up. I'm worried enough about having to grind it on a couple alts. And I can't main on Harb when all my friends are elsewhere.

How many credits will for example Alliance Crates cost? Rank 6 Companion gifts? Green quality hilts/enhancements and such?

Without knowing what the things previously bought with commendations will costs in credits, we can't make an informed choice (well, unless we'd be over the 2mill mark.)

This. Without this, we cannot make an informed decision regarding whether to spend our Crystals vs saving them to convert to credits.

Give us some info on what things that currently sell for Crystals will cost after this in credits.

LOL at the deluded PvPers who expected to make a dozen of millions. Per character.

That belies your ignorance. PvPers are some of the wealthiest players in the game because credits aren't their currency. PvPers literally need zero credits (up until now) to compete in this game.

The point is more about the piss pour handling of this by the staff.

"Effective in 12 hours your PvP grants will be BoP."

"Well now that that is done, we're going to short change you on the conversion rate".

Do you know how long it takes to generate 2M cr? About an hour.

Do you know how long it takes to generate 250,000 WZ comms? Much more than an hour.

* I have well over a billion credits. The amount isn't the point, the point is the dishonesty in execution.

Edited by ekwalizer

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits

1 Common Crystal = 500 credits

1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits

1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Let's see... 208 level 65 chestpiece, 120 common crystals... therefore 60,000 credits. Mod or enhancement, 2 common crystals... therefore 1000 credits. Price things higher, you're screwing over the people who put in the time to earn those crystals; price them accurately according to the crystals' value, and you've made everything but endgame gearing pointless. At crystal-comparable pricing, you can earn enough for a (previously) level-cap gear piece in one or two hours of heroics. How long did it take to accumulate 120 common crystals?

• What is the conversion rate on purchase gear that is currently purchased with crystals i.e. legendary companion gifts at 30 x 500 = 15,000 credits.
  • Linked to this are you aware that currently legendary companion gifts are selling on the GTN for 4 times this at the best possible price and some people have them listed at 300,000 credits.

I have no confidence that they're going to price things anywhere near comparably to the 'value' of the crystals they're stripping away, which means that they would be jacking up the cost of the economy... and to what purpose? Suck some of the hundreds of millions in cash some players have out of the economy in the hopes that GTN prices will become more rational? Feh. Won't work; you'll just be subsidizing the goldfarmers.

Edited by DmdShiva

Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Will vendors that sell items for these currencies continue to have those items at a corresponding cost.

For instance. A vendor that sells grade 6 companion gifts for 30 common crystals. Will that same vendor still sell grade 6 companion gifts? And if so. Will they cost 15,000 credits?

Incredibly poorly handled but I expect nothing less at this point. Make people panic and consolidate their comms into one character and then impose a ridiculously low 2M limit. Did you expect us not to be able to see through how pathetically shady this is?

Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

So if warzone tokens are going to switch to credits why block legacy transfers? you can always mail the credits anyways.

Edited by blackopsranger

Why is it so hard for BW to plan ahead and think about how their players may react to things?

Seriously... Get less than a day's notice about losing the ability to transfer comms, but tell us they will be converted to credits. So people panic and put all their comms on one character. Then a few days later reveal that there is a limit on how many can be converted. Really???

The only winners here are the people who don't read the forums, because their ignorance has saved them the loss of converted credits.

Then again, what about people who already had a ton of comms on one (or a couple of) character(s)? They had no idea that they should spread them out.

That BW did not realize (or worse, didn't care) that this would be a problem is mind-boggling. Are there seriously no strategic or critical thinkers on the team?

:t_mad:

So will the new prices, in credits, for items sold by vendors be calculated based on this?

For example, the rank 6 gifts form the Odessen vendor cost 30 commons.

30*500=15000

So will they cost more than, less than, or exactly 15000 credits?

Well considering there are peope out there (myself included) who have over 500k warzone comms across their legacy (200k on one of my character alone), there should be some sort of compensation for having that many, not a punishment.

If they were gonna compensate you for 200k wz comms, we would need much more for the pve comms. Since we can only have a few compared to 200k, it would make sense. Either way, this kinds sucks.