Worst Companion?

Danniann

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Skadge gets a lot of hate. I actually like him a lot though because of how over the top he is and how unique he looks. Yeah he's a violent ballsack looking mutha but he's your violent ballsack looking mutha.

For me i'd have to put Iresso as the worst companion. I don't hate him or anything but he's by far the most boring companion in the game with little personality, nothing unique about his look, and a backstory that despite having potential never amounts to anything of note. His defining character trait is "nice, well adjusted guy" which is great if you're looking for someone to bring home to your parents but not much fun when you're kicking *** across the galaxy.

I definitely hate Kaliyo and Corso the most though. Corso has entirely too much interest in who my female Smuggler is sleeping with and comes across as being a patronizing git while sounding like a banjo had sex with a stetson hat while Kaliyo is such a blatant knock off of Jack from Mass Effect that it hurts while having none of the interesting backstory stuff that made Jack work as a character.

Poor Skadge gets a lot of hate. I actually like him a lot though because of how over the top he is and how unique he looks. Yeah he's a violent ballsack looking mutha but he's your violent ballsack looking mutha.

i like skadge, unique looks and he is real brute, sometimes he was so ridiculous in this brutish attitude that it even have made me laugh.

i hate blondie for sure ugh, she is annoying, makes a lot of mistakes that normally would get her executed (wish we could)

A lot of my most hated companions are already listed so I want to talk(a lot) about one guy no one else seems to hate. Lt. Pierce. I actually like 90% of the companions and even the ones I don't like don't bother me that much. Something about this big dope with his stupid haircut just sends me up the wall though.

This my rant. I was going to be logical and brief but I began frothing with irrational hate the minute I started typing.

---

Pierce is supposed to be the ideal Imperial Soldier but I can only see him as a gossipy brag trying to trash talk his way to a promotion. He blackmails his superiors, bullies his subordinates, and seems like he can't walk two feet without picking a fight even if surrounded by allies. I imagine he got transferred to a backwater like Taris because he was just more trouble than he was worth.

He brags constantly about being the leader of a bad*** Black Ops team and then shows off his leadership skills by verbally humiliating a kid and badgering a female teammate into performing sexual favors for an old admiral. All so he can get the traction to send his team on a dangerous mission that he thinks will impress his new Sith Boss into giving him a promotion. If a couple of them die on the way(like his entire team did on Taris) who cares? He still gets the credit.

The story insists he's 100% loyal but I'm convinced he would stab me in the back if Baras thought to offer him a better deal. But he would probably blow his cover by bragging about it. Pierce knows he can't go head to head with a Sith so he sets his sights on replacing Quinn as second in command. His preferred weapon? Catty insults and gossiping like a high school girl.

---

In his defense he makes perfect sense in story. He is the Imperial ideal, which is why I'm convinced the Empire is a giant cluster**** destined to implode.

Gault. There was no reason my BH should have left him alive.

Agreed on not being left alive, but at least, unlike Skadge, he felt more redeeming in terms of personality.

To the OP, Skadge is who I consider the all time worst, because he just forces his way onto the ship and my Hunter, the most awesomest of Hunters ever, couldn't do a thing about it :p

At least with Gault's admittance to the crew, it had a reason of being useful as something.

I didn't hate Kaliyo until I finished her companion storyline, so she doesn't get the number 1 spot :p I can currently like her a little better on my Consular, who wasn't betrayed by her :)

Hey, I was just curious and I asked my friends the same thing, what is everyone's least favorite companion? Whether that be their storyline, their personality, or just even the way the look. Who is your least favorite companion? For the record mine is Skadge from the Bounty Hunter crew, I hated that guy so much XD. Also feel free to leave your FAVORITE companion if you feel like it, mine is Vette.

Koth Vortena.

That is all.

Favorite/Hated by class :

Jedi Knight

-Kira

-T7

Hated:

-C2-N2

-Doc

-Rusk

-Scourge

Jedi Consular

Like: Nadia , Iresso .

Hate : Zenith (he is just so damn broody) , Theran Cedrax (let me space him) , Qyzen (Scorkeeper this and that urgh) .

Smuggler:

Like: risha , Akaavi (wanna romance her so bad) , Guss (heal you with the force lol) , Bowdaar .

Hate: Corso (sexual harassement gentleman)

Trooper :

Like: Dorne , M1-4X , Tanno Vik .

Hate : Yuun , Jorgan .

Imp Side :

Sith Warrior :

Like: Vette , LS Jaessa .

Hate: broonmark , Lt Pierce , Let me kill Quinn lol

Sith Inquisitor :

Like: Khem Val . Talos Drelik

Hate: Ashara , Andronikos (ugh) , Xalek .

Bounty Hunter:

Like: mako , Blizz , Gault , Skadge .

Hate: torian Bieber .

Agent :

Like: Kaliyo . Vector . Scorpio .

Hate: Dr.Lokin . Raina Temple .

Skadge and Vik because neither has a single redeeming quality and neither has a good reason for being forced on you. As a trooper if you ask for Fuse instead of Vik, they tell you no because Fuse is a criminal, etc...and yet Vik is way worse. He constantly commits crimes and doesn't even care, he gets good soldiers killed for his own greed, impersonates an officer, etc...The game doesn't even try to give an excuse for forcing Skadge on you. The game just suddenly make your BAMF bounty hunter a squirrely coward that takes Skadge because they're afraid if his threats.

To a lesser extent I dislike Doc and Theran Cedrax(and his annoying sex bot) for being creepy slimeballs.

Corso Riggs. I flirted with him ONCE and spent a majority of his personal talk with him thinking he's in love with my Smuggler. He proposed after repetitively telling him NO!!!!! I even get his emails, did I get ninjamanced or something? He even said she's "never going to find a man who would love her the way he did". The nerve... they better give me a chance to airlock him off if they bring him back.

Corso Riggs. I flirted with him ONCE and spent a majority of his personal talk with him thinking he's in love with my Smuggler. He proposed after repetitively telling him NO!!!!! I even get his emails, did I get ninjamanced or something? He even said she's "never going to find a man who would love her the way he did". The nerve... they better give me a chance to airlock him off if they bring him back.

Yup...if you take that ONE FLIRT..you are locked with him foreveeeeeeeeeh....

when you get the talk where he is all Drunk , and you don't want a romance with him , tell him to sleep it off .

Otherwise the game will act as if you are romancing him .

yeah hopefully they let us kill him .

The same could be said about Gault, Torian, Talos, and Blizz... and SCORPIO.

I disagree (well SCORPIO is pretty horrible but at least it's somewhat amusing) :p Gault and Blizz aren't my favorites but at least Blizz is adorable and Gault's scenes are funny. I did think it was retarded the way Gault was forced on you though, you should have had the option to kill him like you were supposed to. There is not a single thing I find good or funny or interesting about Vik or Skadge. They're just two evil, selfish brutes(and not even in a funny and campy way) that the game allows to walk all over you for no good reason. I like Torian and Talos, out of the inquisitor companions I would get rid of Xalek and out of the BH companions I would obviously shoot Skadge into the nearest star.

Edited by Nefla

My least liked companions:

Tanno vik, a complete idiot and worthless to the team. Yuun could easily do his job or 4X

Skadge, Just a useless waste of flesh. If I had been living the BH story, I'd of just shot him and been done with it.

Rusk, nice guy, but should of been in Havok. Where he was in the JK story, he was useless. Rather of had him as the demo expert instead of Vik.

Koth: Guy just needs to pull his head out of his rectum. Annoying as hell.

Ashara: Her story is so worthless it's not funny. Supposed to pull her to the dark side, then she sits there spouting jedi crap. Drives me bonkers.

That's my list. I don't hate Rusk per say, he was just in the wrong story, why he gets added.

I'm on my Consular most of the time, and have played through KOFE, so...

Classic Companions:

Tharan Cedrax - I know, I'm totally in the minority here, but prior to 4.0, he was just excellent healing and his attack pattern didn't use AOE attacks, so he was great for stealth, hit, and run. But I adore that character because the opposite of a Jedi isn't a Sith, it's Cedrax. Y'see, the Consular has a very set, narrow path where you are supposed to do things a certain way and not ask questions. Cedrax is that three year old who answers everything with "WHY?" and once that eureka moment clicked, "Yeah, why AM I doing it this way?," then I wanted no one else for my Lancer as he reminds me that the Force based answer or approach isn't always the right one.

Nadia Grell - Oh, my sweet little ball of destruction. Everything I could want in a Padawan, and when it's most tempting to click that Dark Side option, the idea that she will be disappointed persuades me otherwise. Very sweet, painfully naive, and I sure dodged a bullet rolling a female Consular because she's more like my kid than a romance option.

Felix Iresso: He's a little on the bland side....which, surprisingly, makes him a nice change of pace. You get used to the BioWare LI being the guy with more issues than a magazine rack. and some painful backstory to work through . Felix...well, his backstory has a lot of the required elements, but the man is one of those "glass half full" guys who simply can't be convinced that it's half empty, which makes him a lovely contrast to the dour Consular. (Seriously, Graham sounds like he's about to start singing Monty Python ditties, and Karkanis's performance, even on an LS Consular, usually sounds like "I have ONE nerve left, and you clowns are standing on it.")

Qyzen Fess: The biggest problem is that he's...there. He's a bit difficult to understand as far as mentality, and slow to gain affection. You're giving me the pelt...of a sentient being...and you want me to present it to my LI? OoooooooKaaaaaayyyy. (And Felix actually likes Trophy gifts. Go fig. )

Zenith: I get that he's there for the DS Consular choices, because he's the "Imps die, I'm happy" guy. But story-wise, I figured he'd just head back to Balmorra to be a professional pain in the butt there. I just don't really understand why he'd be on the ship.

SoR/KOTFE Crew

Lana Beniko: Exactly what my Consular would be in the Empire. Sometimes annoyed by her suggestions ("You want me to FRAG my backup in the middle of a firefight? You want me to blow up this city block while we're still on it? Are you nuts?"), but I know she's as reasonable as Sith get.

Tharon Shan: What is it about Intelligence agencies that attract the sane Imps and the loose cannon Pubs? That Ziost mess was a fiasco, but he's certainly redeeming himself now. Seriously, the Outlander is the figurehead; he and Lana are the real ones in charge. Still a little wary of him, but I know (mostly) where he stands.

Koth: If Felix were born on Zakuul instead of the Republic, he'd be Koth. I appreciate his reminders that we're not going to win this one without local support. I really can't blame him for being naive about Valkorian, because Valky had amazing PR and kept his people completely blind. Moot point anyway, as Valky is reduced to riding shotgun in my head and his brats are the real issue here. I trust Koth's advice about how to deal with the locals over Senya's, and people are going to tell him things they won't tell Senya. Just don't trust him with the really hard decisions - that's for Lana and Tharon.

Senya: I get her motives. I know her position really, really sucks to be in. But Chapter 16 proved she's a lot less reliable than I'd hoped. I'd really like to smack Valkorian or at least verbally tear the guy a new one because I have a bad feeling he was just using her, even if she loved him dearly. I cannot blame her motives, but her actions just made the situation worse.

@Allronix: You're absolutely right.

Here's my companion overview:

Jedi Knight:

T7 - Wish he disapproved of more LS options than the one on Nar Shaddaa, just to accentuate his overconfident narcissism. He gives Influence way too easily. It's at least nice that you get him early on in KotFE (and that I unlocked his 7th customization).

Kira - Hello, generic romance-seeking padawan with a dark and troubled past #1. Not really interesting, but I do like that Ilum Security Key vendor's customization she gets (which looks just like her default appearance, just with red eyes, a slave brand, and Jaesa's hairstyle).

Doc - Pervy hedonist who happens to be a skilled chemist. The only part about his conversations that I actually liked was that you got to meet Kaliyo. Shame he cured Nem'ro's disease for naught. I honestly don't use him anymore (not since 4.0 came out).

Rusk - Yeah; not worth using. Nice to hear about his history, tho.

Scourge - I hope he's wrong – that the Emperor does eventually regret his misdeeds, and that he does eventually regain the his "humanity"

Jedi Consular:

Qyzen - I get it; there are some characters whose point of view are skewed, but are fundamentally selfless. Wish you could at least show them how and/or why. Nice to have someone who knew Mako, tho.

Tharan - Wish he showed the capacity to have humility (or be profoundly selfless to someone other than Holiday – whose voice is by far the most annoying sound in the game).

Zenith - Meh. Static character, like Qyzen. Cruel, but effective. Can't even begin to convince him how wrong he is.

Iresso - The best companion the Consular gets. Wish that dormant Sith library he internalized was expanded upon (read: used for something).

Nadia - Nice to have a not-so-ordinary (but nonetheless corruptible) Padawan. Wish at least one of her, Kira, and Jaesa didn't use saberstaffs. If you romance her, you're a pedo (unless you're a Chiss – arguably).

Trooper:

Jorgan - Not much to say here. The customizations are nice. Wish he couldn't carry an assault cannon (or at least had Body Type 3).

Dorne - Wish she supported more dark side options than that one on Taris she wasn't even there for (although she did encourage you to murder that guy via radio – despite not awarding Influence for it).

4X - Blind ultranationalist. Not that I'm complaining.

Vik - His sole purpose is to make life easier for dark side Troopers.

Yuun - Never really cared much about the Gand. It was amusing to have a character whose explanations make no sense, but methods work.

Smuggler:

Corso - Meh. Nice background. Ugly as hell. Glad I gave him the CM Rep customization; at least that way, I can use him to show something off.

Bowdaar - YES.

Risha - Amusing quips. Wish she wasn't so condescending. Wish she approved of murdering Rogan and taking over his business, after his "I will find you, and I will kill you" moment (when he didn't even care to hear why you failed to deliver his shipment).

Akaavi - She's literally just there to cause sexual frustration (unless you're a dark-sider).

Guss - Kind of amusing, but I wish we at least had the option of shooting him. Nice to see him as a fully-trained Force-sensitive.

Sith Warrior:

Vette - Yeah, yeah, yeah; she's either a slave, a comrade, or a love interest. Her history and insights are amusing. Almost as amusing as her satire.

Quinn - A bit of an uptight egomaniac, but he fundamentally just wants to know he did a good job (although the Outlander should totally get the option to sacrifice him; it'd be the perfect excuse for the Warrior to say "you've outlived your usefulness... tr8r.").

Jaesa - Should've gotten the option to kill her, but whatever; there's no excuse not to keep her now.

Pierce - Meh. Another ultra-loyal soldier (just more focused on executing missions than planning for them).

Broonmark - A psychopathic murderer with a firm lust for bloodshed and/or vengeance; he (naturally) fits right in.

Sith Inquisitor:

Khem - Best. Class-specific companion. Ever. Of all time.

Andronikos - At least he's a useful pilot. Can't fathom why anyone'd prefer his company over Khem's, though.

Ashara - Great for LS Inquisitors. Terrible for outright dark-siders. She's certainly got the most depth out of any companion. Not that a dark-sider'd ever care to hear it.

Talos - Meh. The Inquisitor should've been given the option to reject him (although it is nice meeting him again after finishing Chapter IX – especially if you need a comp with high Influence).

Xalek - Useless, but necessary. Not really interested in his backstory. It's stupid that he senselessly slaughtered those miners on Ilum despite not honestly wanting to. Some Sith he is.

Bounty Hunter:

Mako - She's the reason I wish we still had Affection (alongside Khem and Vette). I can't stand how naïve she is (despite being older than Torian). I'm annoyed that people complain about dark side Bounty Hunters keeping her around more than they do Gault.

Gault - You already know my opinion of him (also, he isn't that interesting or funny). Like his voice, tho.

Blizz - WHY. WHY. DID. DARK. SIDERS. HIRE. HIM.

Skadge - I don't really agree with the folks who dislike him; if you can't stand his constant verbal abuse, don't bother talking to him. He proved himself useful earlier. He's not even that much of an a****** on Belsavis if you're actually dark-sided. He does believe in loyalty and valuing the lives of your crew, as proven on Makeb (not that I had him out when I made that decision on either of my Bounty Hunters, but he does have some sense of honor – albeit incredibly twisted). I bet most people dislike him either 'cause they get him too late or because of how he looks and sounds.

Imperial Agent:

Kaliyo - Should've gotten the option of killing her (or at least calling her out for her whiny narcissism and misaimed schadenfreude) earlier.

Vector - Meh. Can't fathom why a dark side Agent'd keep him.

Lokin - I can't stand characters whose primary concern is ultimately theirself, but every class needed a healer, and it is amusing to use him as a DPS companion (especially if he has the customization from the SK vendor).

Raina - Meh. Naïve and self-righteous. At least she has an interesting backstory.

SCORPIO - Should've been allowed to kill her or leave her on Belsavis (of course, then we wouldn't have had her in control of the Eternal Fleet in KotFE).

KotFE:

Lana - Best KotFE companion, save for HK.

Nico - Meh. Just reminds me how lame it is that KotFE companions don't get customizations. He'll look nice with my Scoundrel once they start wearing matching outfits, tho.

HK-55 - The only thing I don't like about him is that he made getting HK-51 pointless.

Koth - I understand (and largely agree with) his point of view, but he really needs to tone down (or get over) his hero-worship – as does Zakuul.

Senya - She needs to know just what a self-serving, cowardly c*ckbag Valkorion was.

Theron - Not really that interesting, unless you happen to remember that this is the guy who killed a Dark Council member in his underwear.

Ak'ghal - Haven't gotten him yet, but he'll look awesome with my dark-siders.

Edited by NekoAggelou

My Consular can't romance Nadia, but how is a Consular romancing Nadia, make them a pedo? o.O She's in her 20's and the Consular is right around that age (if not younger but wiser).

All the beginning dialogue for Consular has them being young themselves. :p I can only figure, that people think they're not, because they're wise beyond their years and they imagine old Obi Wan Kenobi.

For me:

Favourites:

Aric Jorgan, Malavai Quinn, Darth Marr (for the short time we had him), Theron Shan, Khem Val & Vector Hyllus

Like:

Andronikos Revel, Pierce, Torian Cadera, Elara Dorne, Felix Iresso, Talos Drellik, Gault Renow, Zenith, Senya Tirall

Annoying/Irritating:

Ashara, Vette, Mako, Nadia, the Holiday part of Theran Cedrax (there is only so much teen whiny-voice I can take from this lot) Guss, Bowdaar, Z0-0M (the pew pew crap alone keeps her stuck in no-influence oblivion)

Dislike:

Tanno Vik

Hated & Deserving of Immediate Death:

Skadge

Change of Heart:

Kaliyo, after doing KofTE chapter 10 on my agent - I was all for killing her based on the agent storyline until this, now she is in my "neutral" list of companions.

SCORPIO after KotFE chapter 15. I was so hoping that storyline would not happen as SCORPIO was my favourite (after Theron) to solo with on my main.

HK-55 I could not tolerate him until I did the bonus chapter so he's now in my "like" list

All the others are neutral.

My Consular can't romance Nadia, but how is a Consular romancing Nadia, make them a pedo? o.O She's in her 20's and the Consular is right around that age (if not younger but wiser).

All the beginning dialogue for Consular has them being young themselves. :p I can only figure, that people think they're not, because they're wise beyond their years and they imagine old Obi Wan Kenobi.

I agree, I always thought of it the other way around and was creeped out by Nadia hitting on my male consular who seemed like he was quite young (though the ill fitting voice did make him sound older) and definitely romantically inexperienced.

Edited by Nefla

I agree, I always thought of it the other way around and was creeped out by Nadia hitting on my male consular who seemed like he was quite young (though the ill fitting voice did make him sound older) and definitely romantically inexperienced.

God the voice on the male JC was simply annoying.