Worst Companion?

Danniann

Nolan North (male JC) is a good voice actor, but I think he was miscast here. He's normally characters like Deadpool or the lead in Spec Ops: The Line, and the Consular was just not a fit for him. The female Consular voice actor, Athena Karkanis, I really like. There's this vibe of "This garbage again?!" weariness that comes through in the performance that I think fits for the Consular's situation.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I always thought of it the other way around and was creeped out by Nadia hitting on my male consular who seemed like he was quite young (though the ill fitting voice did make him sound older) and definitely romantically inexperienced.

Well, I've known people who've had voices that didn't seem to fit them.

The dialogue of the NPCs in the beginning, go and show, the Jedi are young. I do believe some like to think they're (the character) older (maybe because they, the player, are) but that's not how the story reads. 18-25 seems to be right around the right ages for the classes, with the force users on the closer 18 scale and the non force users closer to 25 (with the Agent and Smuggler coming off as the starting off with more experience than the other classes, story wise).

Though it could be, people just hate Nadia :p So they want to say that about her when players romance her. Personally, I still wish mine had the option of Tharan over Iresso :p

Favorites: Iresso, Kira, Aric, Malavai, Vector, Elara, Guss, Vette

Runners up: Risha, Blizz, Theron Shan

Don't like: Scourge, Lana, Skadge, Koth, Kaliyo, SCORPIO

Worst: Corso. If I could space that creepy Nice Guy™, I'd take that option in a second. I "broke off" the romance the second he told me about the woman he deserted, and he spent the rest of the game torturing me about how he was the only man who would ever love me, how no one could be as good to me as he was, etc. etc. etc. It's trigger material for anyone who's had to deal with it in real life. Luckily I haven't, but it still made me feel weirded out.

I don't deliberately torture characters, but like others on the forums, I took great pleasure in flirting with everyone else while he looked on.

Edited by JainiaDral

I agree, I always thought of it the other way around and was creeped out by Nadia hitting on my male consular who seemed like he was quite young (though the ill fitting voice did make him sound older) and definitely romantically inexperienced.

While I never thought of my JC as young, I do think of him as naive. I tried to pick nice, non-flirty options with him and she was all over him like a crazy bunny boiler. He was too scared of her not to get married.

I don't know how any of you could possibly say Skadge is the worst companion, he is clearly the BEST!!!

He's not nice to anyone, but he has respect for people that deserve it. He's not a kind or loving man, he is a brutal psychopath which is what's great about him. Unlike other people who gets emotions involed with the bounty, he gets the job done, quick and easy and he is just pure muscle power, I bear he could tear Senyas arms off if I told him to.

He is an expert and master when it comes to the Underworld and gangs which also gives him an edge. He is a very tough guy and a business partner I ALWAYS run along with. A bounty hunter without skadge is like a Jedi or Sith without the Force.

------

Now, as for the Worst companion in the Entire game I'd say Theran Cedrax. His entire story consists of Jerking off to a hologram and building a so called generator for a contest. When the generator finally completes it all backfires and this 20 minutes of dialouge were COMPLETELY wasted. He also has the stupid tendency to yell; "Did I mention that I'm a pacifist?" Even though I have the Kill achievement on him. What a lame *** guy

I don't know how any of you could possibly say Skadge is the worst companion, he is clearly the BEST!!!

He's not nice to anyone, but he has respect for people that deserve it. He's not a kind or loving man, he is a brutal psychopath which is what's great about him. Unlike other people who gets emotions involed with the bounty, he gets the job done, quick and easy and he is just pure muscle power, I bear he could tear Senyas arms off if I told him to.

He is an expert and master when it comes to the Underworld and gangs which also gives him an edge. He is a very tough guy and a business partner I ALWAYS run along with. A bounty hunter without skadge is like a Jedi or Sith without the Force.

------

Now, as for the Worst companion in the Entire game I'd say Theran Cedrax. His entire story consists of Jerking off to a hologram and building a so called generator for a contest. When the generator finally completes it all backfires and this 20 minutes of dialouge were COMPLETELY wasted. He also has the stupid tendency to yell; "Did I mention that I'm a pacifist?" Even though I have the Kill achievement on him. What a lame *** guy

Skadge is hated because of how he gets onto people's crews. I also didn't think his personality was all that great, but really, his way onto the ship was worse than Gaults, and I wanted to killed Gault too (he was the target after all).

[skadge isn't] a kind or loving man; he is a brutal psychopath, which is what's great about him.

Now, as for the Worst companion in the Entire game I'd say Theran Cedrax. His entire story consists of Jerking off to a hologram and building a so called generator for a contest.

I know, right?!

Edited by NekoAggelou

Favorites - M1-4X (funniest character), Raina Temple, Blizz, Guus, Akaavi Spaar, Doctor Lokin, Hylo (I know not a true companion)

Least Favorites - Theran Cedrax (for reasons mentioned above), Elara Dorne (Drives me crazy for some reason, maybe I am as anal as she is), Koth, Malavai Quinn (for obvious reasons)

Edited by Dawgtide

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite: KIra Carsen

Least Favorite: Ashara

If the only thing wrong with Ashara was that she was boring, she wouldn't be my least favorite. She combines being a snoozefest however with being even more simple-minded than Skadge. Unlike Skadge her stupidity is not played for laughs though, and tends to grate. The inability of the Inquisitor to completely cause her to fall to the dark side was annoying as well.

I sort of like Skadge. He's not one of my favorite characters but I thought his stupid thug routine was often amusing, especially when the Bounty Hunter was presented an opportunity to mock his intelligence. There were a couple occasions where the BH mocks Skadge's intelligence but he is too stupid to get the joke/sarcasm and agrees with the BH. I thought that was hilarious. I also liked that unlike most characters he's not a sycophant. Sure, he's a jerk...but he's also one of those characters I love to hate.

Although I hate Skadge and Doc, I feel the need to really dislike Corso as well.... he is just such a wimp.... he is like the most disgusting and weak "tough guy" I think I have seen in the game.

Favorites.... Jaesa (she is just plain evil) and actually one of my favorites is Khem'Val He is just kinda huggy.. in a Sith, anti hero way....

Edited by Lorahlei

Favorite: KIra Carsen

Least Favorite: Ashara

If the only thing wrong with Ashara was that she was boring, she wouldn't be my least favorite. She combines being a snoozefest however with being even more simple-minded than Skadge. Unlike Skadge her stupidity is not played for laughs though, and tends to grate. The inability of the Inquisitor to completely cause her to fall to the dark side was annoying as well.

I sort of like Skadge. He's not one of my favorite characters but I thought his stupid thug routine was often amusing, especially when the Bounty Hunter was presented an opportunity to mock his intelligence. There were a couple occasions where the BH mocks Skadge's intelligence but he is too stupid to get the joke/sarcasm and agrees with the BH. I thought that was hilarious. I also liked that unlike most characters he's not a sycophant. Sure, he's a jerk...but he's also one of those characters I love to hate.

I couldn't stand Ashara because her story makes zero sense. You corrupt her, then she does nothing but spout Jedi crap and generally try to make you light sided as possible while i just corrupted her! Kicked her to the curb and left her there.

Why I like Jaesa more. When you actually corrupt her to the darkside, she actually GOES TO THE DARK SIDE. Granted she goes a bit psychotic, but atleast you can tell she fell.

I couldn't stand Ashara because her story makes zero sense. You corrupt her, then she does nothing but spout Jedi crap and generally try to make you light sided as possible while i just corrupted her! Kicked her to the curb and left her there.

Why I like Jaesa more. When you actually corrupt her to the darkside, she actually GOES TO THE DARK SIDE. Granted she goes a bit psychotic, but atleast you can tell she fell.

It is sort of funny because the Sith Warrior class was supposed to more of a brutish Sith (modeled on Vader) while the Inquisitor more of the cunning manipulator (modeled on Palpatine), but the Sith Warrior actually has more opportunities to be cunning and manipulative than the Inquisitor. Jaesa and Ashara is one example of that. As much as I enjoyed the Inquisitor class story, the Warrior was better written.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

It is sort of funny because the Sith Warrior class was supposed to more of a brutish Sith (modeled on Vader) while the Inquisitor more of the cunning manipulator (modeled on Palpatine), but the Sith Warrior actually has more opportunities to be cunning and manipulative than the Inquisitor. Jaesa and Ashara is one example of that. As much as I enjoyed the Inquisitor class story, the Warrior was better written.

Not quite. It's more that Jaesa's a pliable feeb, while Ashara possesses rather more backbone.

Not quite. It's more that Jaesa's a pliable feeb, while Ashara possesses rather more backbone.

Jaesa's reason to fall was really simple - she was born with power to see true nature of people, and she spend her early ears around politicians. Then Nomen Karr takes her, making her believe that Jedi are better than people she grew up around. Then comes SW forcing out true nature of her master and defeating her afterwards. Being shown power of DS + seeing SW forcing true Nomen Karr's true nature to surface + some encouragement and taunts from SW = Jaesa falls to dark. And don't forget about plots of Tatooine and Alderaan, they made some damage on Jaesa's beliefe in LS too.

Least Fave has to be Talos, he is just so lame and bland. Especially since other inquisitor companions are so cool

Fave is probably Lord Scourge, his story is so cool. Blizz and Akaavi are closed seconds

I actually like Skadge..... lamest bounty hunter companion for sure but in fairness i personally love all 5 bounty hunter companions. Probably the class with the best companions

Least Fave has to be Talos, he is just so lame and bland. Especially since other inquisitor companions are so cool

Fave is probably Lord Scourge, his story is so cool. Blizz and Akaavi are closed seconds

I actually like Skadge..... lamest bounty hunter companion for sure but in fairness i personally love all 5 bounty hunter companions. Probably the class with the best companions

I like Talos, he's the one that really makes sense traveling with a more LS/neutral SI. His love of the ancient and arcane matches his masters and makes for good self stories.

Actually, Ashara's story makes sense. IF you take the light side option when you get her, that is to say that you really don't turn her into a sith but let her keep her jedi illusions...

I like Skadge. For a mean BH (and IMO the BH is the meanest character in the game when played dark side and I like my BH's mean) he is the perfect fit.

I cannot however stand Mako who seems oddly miscast as the "leading female companion" in the BH story and would have been a much better choice for a Republic-side companion - needless to say, IRL she would have fled the ship very early on or be killed off by the BH...

Worst companion: Quinn. Don't know if I'll ever find it in me to complete the 1000-kills achievement with that guy (I think the current counter with two SW at level 65 stands at 5).

Runner-up: Corso. I considered going to Nar Shaddaa before Taris to get rid of this yokel early.

Worst-treated companion (apart from Quinn): Arik Jorgan. My Troopers never forget how he behaved towards them on Ord Mantell and he gets humiliated at every opportunity that presents itself from then on :D

Best companion: Vette ("Towers ought to be towering - I approve.")

Best companion line: Khem Val: "What new kink has insinuated itself into the twisted coils of my unfortunate existence?"

Kaliyo's part only comes if you do all of her companion conversations which can be a pain as there is a lot of going to different planets for her so I wouldn't be surprised if people don't even get that far into her companion story because of how tedious it can be. Quinn on the other hand happens during the story and is something every SW has to deal with during the story. Also with Quinn it used to be back in the day you could be married to the guy on a female SW when the incident happens and they handled it incredibly poorly from the POV that you (SW) and him were married.

Really? I loved that bit. My character hung her head and said "I thought you loved me" you could hear her heart breaking it was so sad and so well done and I cried. Really good acting as I recall. Bioware did so well with the SW story it left me disappointed when I went and did many of the others.

MY most hated companion is the creepy bug man. I don't do his story on any of my agents. After that I'd probably say Corso. to quote zash hes "dull dull dull dull dull!". He's also a really good example of how you shouldn't act around females irl. Nadias storyline feels wrong to me as well. Its... kinda border line to be romancing her don't you think? I know some people were saying shes supposed to be in her 20s, but thats not how the story portrays it and no age is ever said that I was aware. She comes across as a teenager and not at the high end of the teen years...

For the others listed? Skadge isn't so bad, hes a blunt instrument is all. Tanno vik is good too if you play your trooper bent darkside (or as I like to call it smart). and kailyo? sociopathic anarchist whose only out for herself, but hey at least shes honest. Its not like you can't get along with her and have fun while you blow stuff up together.

Edited by LadyDarkkitten