Worst Companion?

Danniann

Hey, I was just curious and I asked my friends the same thing, what is everyone's least favorite companion? Whether that be their storyline, their personality, or just even the way the look. Who is your least favorite companion? For the record mine is Skadge from the Bounty Hunter crew, I hated that guy so much XD. Also feel free to leave your FAVORITE companion if you feel like it, mine is Vette.

I really hope that we can kill Skadge in the next Storyline.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like any companions that speak with a canned growl loop for every line. I don't care what you have to say if you don't even speak a real language. Treek is an exception.

I don't like the companions with annoying voices like Mako, Jaesa, Holiday, Ashara, or Doc.

Favorite: Vette > DS Jaesa / Mako

Worst: Corso > Tanno Vik / Quinn > Skadge / Jorgan

I think the running theme for me is, if a companion has strong opinions, but ultimately defers to me, since I'm the actual fragging sentient being in the equation, I like them. If they get all pissy because I don't do exactly what they want, I get annoyed.

Also, I just don't like Quinn's face. Or his voice. I can't stand the prim and proper shtick. I want to stick some jeans on him and make him live in the woods for a few days. See how he feels about imperial procedure then. I dislike Elara for the same reason, but she's more bearable because of her history. Come to think of it, I don't hate the Trooper companions, but I'm not sure there's a single one that I'd go so far as to say I like. Yuun is a breath of fresh, albeit weird air among a bunch of stodgy soldiers and M1-4X is amusing, if nothing else, but most of them are republic fanatics and the only one who isn't goes completely in the opposite direction and is just a mercenary for hire, basically.

What can I say, I don't like fanatical patriotism.

For me,

Skadge - Just a bully that I would have killed on my BH. Neither my LS or DS BH's wanted him.

Doc - Mainly on a female JK, he just comes across as really sleazy with my ladies even if they're not interested, too think us JK ladies only had him as a romance option for so long, I never take him out after he's recruited.

Tanno Vik - Like Skadge another case of him being forced onto us. Oh no look Tanno slipped whilst walking towards my ship and accidentally shot and killed himself, oh no what a shame looks like he's not joining us after all.

Some have mentioned their favourites to so here a mine to: Vector (probably my fav 1-50 romance), Iresso (loved his back story), Vette (her and my female SW are best buds) and Theron (my fav KOTFE romance).

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Worst: Skadge. Oh my gosh, he`s so irritating, cruel and stupid. He just forced himself onto my female BH, who is lightsided, and I had to take him. And he is greedy. These same things apply for Tanno Vik, a completely amoral creature who forces himself on honoranle and Republic-loving Trooper. No thank you.

Like: Elara. She`s so sweet and adorable when romanced. She`s kind and alaways helping others. :)

Talos: Always so kind and enthusiastic about archeology and history, gotta like him.

Torian: So adorable and honorable little Mandalorian love interest whom my BH romanced. :)

Vette: She`s way too comedic, gotta love it when she likes how you irritate Baras :D

Ashara: My Inquisitor, who followed light and Ashara liked each others very much, it really felt like my Inquisitor had an apprentice she could trust :)

I know there is a lot of hate for Kaliyo, but I don't understand why it seems to be less than the hate for Quinn.

Both betray you. Kaliyo sells you to anti-empire anachists an Quinn to your old Master.

Kaliyo's part only comes if you do all of her companion conversations which can be a pain as there is a lot of going to different planets for her so I wouldn't be surprised if people don't even get that far into her companion story because of how tedious it can be. Quinn on the other hand happens during the story and is something every SW has to deal with during the story. Also with Quinn it used to be back in the day you could be married to the guy on a female SW when the incident happens and they handled it incredibly poorly from the POV that you (SW) and him were married.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I know there is a lot of hate for Kaliyo, but I don't understand why it seems to be less than the hate for Quinn.

Both betray you. Kaliyo sells you to anti-empire anachists an Quinn to your old Master.

I would guess it has something to do with the fact that Kaliyo's betrayal is like... could have seen that coming lightyears away. She's established as a seedy person who discards people ten times over, so the idea of her doing it to you is not a big surprise.

With Quinn, it's very easy to go deep into the story believing that he's unquestionably loyal. I don't remember a single sign of him being untrustworthy. So when he does it, it's a lot more shocking and the betrayal feels a lot worse too because he's betraying you to help the person who has become your worst enemy.

I will say this for Skadge, he made me laugh before I killed him when he tried to brush off a lightsaber to one of his lungs as just a flesh wound. But I might have just already been in a good mood from finding out I finally get to off him and that he seemingly goes out of his way to convince you to do so after you wreck him.

With Quinn, it's very easy to go deep into the story believing that he's unquestionably loyal. I don't remember a single sign of him being untrustworthy. So when he does it, it's a lot more shocking and the betrayal feels a lot worse too because he's betraying you to help the person who has become your worst enemy.

I took things as Quinn was stuck between a rock and a hard place being the average Imperial caught between two fighting Sith Lords and the chance of him surviving's low since most of the options available is going to end up with him dead one way or another, and if the Warrior kills him it's at least the chance of being merciful by being quick compared to the alternative.

I took things as Quinn was stuck between a rock and a hard place being the average Imperial caught between two fighting Sith Lords and the chance of him surviving's low since most of the options available is going to end up with him dead one way or another, and if the Warrior kills him it's at least the chance of being merciful by being quick compared to the alternative.

I agree with your assessment, more or less. I wasn't terribly shocked by his betrayal (at least, I don't remember being terribly shocked). And I think I got where he was coming from too. But looking at it objectively, Quinn's just looks worse to me in terms of the relationship to the player. Quinn is playing self-preservation, for sure, but he's also been the warrior's loyal companion all game and now, when the warrior is himself (or herself) trying to play self-preservation and take down Baras, he can't even count on one of his own, most loyal people to stand by him. At least, not without beating him into submission first.

Not to mention the emotional tug if you were in a relationship with the guy. And the fact that by him choosing to betray you, he's essentially saying he thinks you're weaker than Baras. Which is somewhat understandable, but also disappointing, considering how closely he's worked with you. It could also be argued that he's being incredibly scummy by choosing the sith he thinks is more powerful, rather than the sith who is his friend, if not lover; he's selfishly valuing his own life over yours, throwing aside what you've accomplished together.

Honestly, the more I think on it, the more I think he's scum. Lol. I started writing this post feeling more understanding of his position than I do now.

Scourge's disapproval feeds me on my Jedi knight.

"Even you can be saved!" Scourge disapproves -1000. GLEE. Seriously, I've never enjoyed cheesing off a companion so much. I think it's more of a love to hate, though. Every time my Jedi does something pure, noble and self-sacrificing, I can HEAR his teeth grind together. It's a beautiful relationship.

I actually don't much care for Broonmark. He just seems kind of pointless. Yes, yes, murderkill don't we have Pierce for that? And while I like Risha in theory, I kind of have a few issues with her. I don't particularly like her voice. And she always gets in the last word, which means war with my smuggler.

Dark side Jaesa. Hands down. No contest. I freaking hate her. I want to shove her out my airlock. I don't like her story, I don't like her poorly written and rushed face heel turn, and honestly I don't much care for her voice acting either. I won't go into it because it'll just turn into a rant on bad writing and poor characterization, but Jaesa is a terrible character all around. She's complete, utter garbage. She isn't even good for a "lol dark side for the lulz" playthrough, she isn't even "funny" chaotic stupid, she's just stupid.

At least Skadge makes up for his baffoonery and being shoehorned into my crew by being kind of funny. Jaesa is just fingernails on a chalk board to my ears.

Edited by eldefail

Favorites: Kaliyo, Risha, Guss, M1-4X, Khem, Vette

Worst as in why are they even still alive, let alone on my ship?: Skadge, Scorpio

Worst as in forgot they even exist: Broonmark, Rusk, Zenith (seriously, had to look up his name)

Edited by Mubrak

I don't mind Skadge. He's about as useful to the Bounty Hunter as Khem Val is to the Sith Inquisitor.

I love Khem Val. He is my number 1. I was ticked off that we get saddled with the new Dashade pretender. I'll never use him. He is not Khem. I use Xalek instead. He is an awesome companion and enjoy the master / student relationship.

The companion I like the least would probably be Ashara Zavros. She is about as useful as a tick on a dog's butt. She walks the fence on her beliefs the entire time. I look forward to killing her if I get the chance.

Treek is useful as a healer / tank, but I cannot stand her language (ewokese). It makes my ears bleed.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
spelling, grammar

Favorites: Kaliyo, Risha, Guss, M1-4X, Khem, Vette

Worst as in why are they even still alive, let alone on my ship?: Skadge, Scorpio

Worst as in forgot they even exist: Broonmark, Rusk, Zenith (seriously, had to look up his name)

Oh man, I forgot about Scorpio. I guess she didn't stick in my mind too hard. At the time though, I couldn't stand her. Her monotone arrogant spew drives me mad. She makes sith lords look humble. At least a sith lord might have the humility to admit when they're beaten... Scorpio would probably insist that she's still winning, like the black knight in monty python.

"Scorpio, you have no arms or legs left."

Scorpio: "You have miscalculated. My arms and legs are inconsequential to your downfall."

*hacks Scorpio's head off her body*

Scorpio: "My intellect is still far superior to yours."