Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Something is bugging me so i have to ask: Have they said anything about how the event companion is obtained once it ends and WHO get's it? I know logic would suggest that it is a legacy wide unlock.......but knowing Bioware it would be very well possible that only the (useless) character who completed the eternal level get's it.......

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something is bugging me so i have to ask: Have they said anything about how the event companion is obtained once it ends and WHO get's it? I know logic would suggest that it is a legacy wide unlock.......but knowing Bioware it would be very well possible that only the (useless) character who completed the eternal level get's it.......

Companion will be distributed by in-game mail after event ends, and the entire legacy will have access

The companion, the pet and the mounts will all be sent out in game mails to all your toons when the event's over and any new toons you make'll get them in your starting mail blitz too.

After this event, how many players will have any need/desire to create MORE new toons do you think?

After this event, how many players will have any need/desire to create MORE new toons do you think?

I'm halfheartedly inching towards Legendary. If it happens, it happens but I'm not going gangbusters for it. Good chance that I'll still have some class stories that I haven't seen in a couple years. I do get the itch to replay them every now and again.

Since I used all my slots on JC two years ago I started over on Harb specifically for access to a better market. In retrospect I should have made the DvL push on Ebon Hawk where my Wildstar guild has a chapter. One of my work buddies started up on Shadowlands. So are some nominal incentives for me to create new toons post DvL.

If I ever do get back into raiding I've found that having a backup for my main to be useful especially if they're a support class.

/raises hand

I'm not going for Legendary, and my Pub DvL actually repeated a storyline I'd already done (I wanted to do a dark side trooper. Found out Aric Jorgan is one bloodthirsty catboy as a side effect. Who knew?) I have a S.Inq on warming up in the bullpen for my Imp 65 (which is another storyline I've done; thinking of doing a LS run this time), but I might do a BH or Warrior instead; never done either. I have a BH and a Smuggler started (Smuggler on Coruscant/L15, may restart him at some point, BH about to go to Tatooine and L40, not sure if I want to restart or do a different character run).

I've done an Operative, probably want to do a Sniper, etc.

Also, I had understood that all characters in-legacy would be getting the rewards mail, not just new ones. I'd have to do some poking around to see if that was addressed directly.

I just realized that they also state...

Each item that you earn from a Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Pack is Bind on Pickup, so they cannot be sold. However, these items do unlock in collections similar to other pack items.
...which clearly does NOT work.....now iam not so relieved anymore. :( Edited by UmbralSpirit

Open a ticket. Which reminds me, I probably should do so for a couple of pieces I got in packs I opened before the new interface went live.

That's what i did, we'll see if that actually works out.

Edit: Well that was fast they already unlocked it in collections for me.

Edited by UmbralSpirit

Finished Eternal Level last night, and I'm freakin' exhausted. Best way to kill the enjoyment in a game is to make it feel like a job, so I can't even imagine how tedious it must be for people going for the gold.

BTW, thanks for making the stuff from packs BoP, because I already have 90% of that stuff unlocked so now I'm stuck with a bunch of garbage I can't even sell to vendors.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Finished Eternal Level last night, and I'm freakin' exhausted. Best way to kill the enjoyment in a game is to make it feel like a job, so I can't even imagine how tedious it must be for people going for the gold.

One complete story run, Prologue to Ch.16, including all the flashpoints and SoR, but not Makeb, CZ-198, or Oricon. a handful of PvP matches, fight through TEC past the 5th boss, and then level a character of the opposite faction. I've been dawdling, and I've still managed almost all of that (need Ch.13+ and an Imp 65).

I didn't even do a "new" class story, I decided I wanted a Vanguard to go with my Commando.

BTW, thanks for making the stuff from packs BoP, because I already have 90% of that stuff unlocked so now I'm stuck with a bunch of garbage I can't even sell to vendors.

Once something that you're supposed to be doing for fun starts feeling like a chore then you should probably stop doing it.

Wasn't sure if this been answered cuz couldn't see anything on forum with this crappy phone. Is there any way to get the plaguemaker achievement outside the rakghoul even? or will that happen again. Just only stumbling block in my aim for the gold.

Rakghoul event starts again in 12.5 hours.

Wasn't sure if this been answered cuz couldn't see anything on forum with this crappy phone. Is there any way to get the plaguemaker achievement outside the rakghoul even? or will that happen again. Just only stumbling block in my aim for the gold.

When I went through Taris storyline, those kills counted. They may have fixed that.

I don't remember the names but I assume he's talking about the one for infecting 5 people.

Right. That one was boring, but easy. Turn off your inoculation, port to fleet, wait for someone to explode and infect, you, then wait to go boom. Repeat as necessary until you get the 5

Once something that you're supposed to be doing for fun starts feeling like a chore then you should probably stop doing it.

Which is probably why I stopped when I got to that level, which I said very clearly in the very post you quoted. :rolleyes:

When I went through Taris storyline, those kills counted. They may have fixed that.

Oh I can do even better. When I killed the mobs in the Visions inthe Dark chapter, THOSE freakin' counted. They were so lazy in reskinning the rakghouls as new enemies, they didn't even bother to disable the tag that counts them as tunnel rakghouls.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Which is probably why I stopped when I got to that level, which I said very clearly in the very post you quoted. :rolleyes:

Oh I can do even better. When I killed the mobs in the Visions inthe Dark chapter, THOSE freakin' counted. They were so lazy in reskinning the rakghouls as new enemies, they didn't even bother to disable the tag that counts them as tunnel rakghouls.

Ah, that's how I got that achievement. I haven't done the rakghoul event in ages but noticed recently that I have the DvL achievement. This must be what happened to me as well.