Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. That one was boring, but easy. Turn off your inoculation, port to fleet, wait for someone to explode and infect, you, then wait to go boom. Repeat as necessary until you get the 5

Well you dont have to wait for the explosion, you know you can jump down on people on the fleet once you reach stage 2, dont you?

It totaly was a chore for me! No real pleasure behind it. Just grind the achievments and done.

Me too but only because I love taking my time levelling all my characters (even after 4 years) so speeding through a warrior to do all the kotfe and EC achievements made it very a unenjoyable experience

Section-X is the only place I haven't completed my rep yet >.<

I wanted the dye module schema. Only one I know of where you have to max rep.

That, CZ, the BH monthly, and the one CM rep you get the tokens for out of the slot machine are the only reputations I have maxed, I think. CZ I was grinding for money back when the daily/weekly there was 15 minutes and out and didn't include the heroics. That, Black Hole, and Oricon were my big moneymakers. Dunno why I don't have max Oricon rep; I think I didn't hit it as much.

I *want* to max my Space PvE rep, because there's a helmet I lust after there. But I can't do the highest tier missions yet on any character, so I can't get much rep. (one green a day on the two characters I have any Space PvE gear on their ships)

Every part of the game has felt like a chore from time to time. DvL has been way more fun than grinding out max rep at Section X, at least.

Well at least Section X rep came by doing reasonable stuff, you were getting more achievments at the same time, also credits etc. I am now doing Space missions for the Space Armada and the Tirsa Speeder, now that is a grind!! However, i have to admit that those space missions aint so bad.

Need to vent my frustration about my bad luck with RNGesus. I should have known due to experience with operation loot and previous crates I bought, but DVL-crates topped it. Not a single usable item after all this grind - that is most depressing.

Need to vent my frustration about my bad luck with RNGesus. I should have known due to experience with operation loot and previous crates I bought, but DVL-crates topped it. Not a single usable item after all this grind - that is most depressing.

Well, what you can do is make a character on each server and take it to level 25. That will give you a better chance of getting the "single" items that you want, such as weapons (Cather sword) and saber crystals, decorations and mounts. However, if you want unlock Armor sets then that's another story. So Far , I have completed champion level on two servers. I am currently working on the level 2 tier on the populated servers; no point in doing Legendary. The rewards are just not worth the effort and titles are not important to me.

Are you serious? I have all 40 slots filled on my server. I don't have the space for this.

You're telling me that I have to make 8 new characters to reach level 50 with for the last reward tier, even though I already had that for 4 years now???

Well, they have got to get you to keep playing somehow, Bioware and mmos are not a good combo, its stories only for them, without stories their games tend to stink....hence the over the top conversations in their games, not that i am complaining, i love storylines....but i am not shocked by the need to do fresh characters for this event.

Though considering my 25 attempts at beating the 5th round has resulted in failure, i give up with the whole ******* event, everytime i get him to 25% health, i somehow for no reason get hit for 50k+ damage, 100k if it crits.....sorry but 25 failures have removed any desire for this event.

So, i look forward to this trashly event ending....cause the rewards you get for the challenge of that eternal championship is just utterly pathetic.

Well, they have got to get you to keep playing somehow, Bioware and mmos are not a good combo, its stories only for them, without stories their games tend to stink....hence the over the top conversations in their games, not that i am complaining, i love storylines....but i am not shocked by the need to do fresh characters for this event.

Though considering my 25 attempts at beating the 5th round has resulted in failure, i give up with the whole ******* event, everytime i get him to 25% health, i somehow for no reason get hit for 50k+ damage, 100k if it crits.....sorry but 25 failures have removed any desire for this event.

So, i look forward to this trashly event ending....cause the rewards you get for the challenge of that eternal championship is just utterly pathetic.

You can score the Eternal Championship requirement in a solo+ run; try getting a friend or guildmate to help you out with it.

You can score the Eternal Championship requirement in a solo+ run; try getting a friend or guildmate to help you out with it.

But someone said running it as Solo+ doesn't give you credit for the Weeklies which is what provides the event tokens for the special Eternal Championship vendor items. Which is horrible ... what kind of MMO discourages running the special content as a group??

But someone said running it as Solo+ doesn't give you credit for the Weeklies which is what provides the event tokens for the special Eternal Championship vendor items. Which is horrible ... what kind of MMO discourages running the special content as a group??

Solo+ and Solo exist for two different reasons.

Solo mode exists to get tokens for the vendor and to train for group content.

Solo+ mode exists so that people who aren't willing or able to run intro-to-ops-difficulty content can still get Bowdaar and Champion Level in DvL.

TEC isn't really group content, any more than Heroics (today) are group content. Teaming up for TEC obviates a lot of the difficulty of the mechanics.

Well, what you can do is make a character on each server and take it to level 25. That will give you a better chance of getting the "single" items that you want, such as weapons (Cather sword) and saber crystals, decorations and mounts. However, if you want unlock Armor sets then that's another story. So Far , I have completed champion level on two servers. I am currently working on the level 2 tier on the populated servers; no point in doing Legendary. The rewards are just not worth the effort and titles are not important to me.
Thanks. :) I did legendary level on my homeserver and eternal on another one. Only "real" thing I got was (IIRC) Sith Recluse chest and hands. No idea why this set is so expensive, it is just butt-ugly to me. :) I didn't really check the weapons, as there is no "expensive" one included besides Cathar Honow Sword which I already have.

Goes to show I probably got too much stuff already or just real bad luck with RNG. :rolleyes:

I completed the legendary tier, unfortunately most of the loot from the chests where worthless crystals or speeders, too bad... Guess all the work to complete the tier wasn't really worth the time. But some things (weapons) where nice on other chats so good job on the cartel sash where you can take the items from opened packs on different accounts!

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you all know that the Dark vs Light event will be ending on Tuesday, November 29th. There was a Twitter post from the official account which listed the end date as December 2nd. That was in error and is not correct.

Once again, DvL will be ending on 11/29. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you all know that the Dark vs Light event will be ending on Tuesday, November 29th. There was a Twitter post from the official account which listed the end date as December 2nd. That was in error and is not correct.

Once again, DvL will be ending on 11/29. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thank you Eric, much appreciated. :)