Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, they won't. That directly contradicts what the devs have told us.

As for not taking part...meh. That's your prerogative.

What, you really believe that BW will miss out this easy money grab? Come on. You know it and they know it that there are a lot of folks playing this game who want to have ALL of the companions. And they willing to pay for it.

As things stand you can't combine pieces from more than one toon to complete an unlock for collections.

It is, arguably, the single biggest flaw with the whole event, and is a flaw that any "real gamer" would have spotted at the drawing-board stage.

All The Best

I think they went with BoP to stop the packs being sold and to make the full sets harder to get. This way it makes them less valuable than the packs people pay "real money" for on the Cartel Market. The easy way around it is to make sure you trigger each Tier reward on the same character. Do what you have to on multiple characters but only complete the Dark v Light Tier on one character. This way that character gets all the packs and has a chance to unlock the rewards in Collections.

It is, arguably, the single biggest flaw with the whole event, and is a flaw that any "real gamer" would have spotted at the drawing-board stage.

All The Best

Arguably the single biggest flaw is that you cannot take part in the event with an already existing character/s.

*drops mic*

Edited by VegasTheLost

Arguably the single biggest flaw is that you cannot take part in the event with an already existing character/s.

I was waiting for someone to pick up on this, so glad it wasn't just me. Nothing but a drum up for new players :p

Nothing but a drum up for new players :p

Just to be sure it's stated. I have nothing against new players and nothing against something that can be/is engaging to them/encouraging them to play more.

My main problem with this so called event is that this is the biggest cop-out to not deliver anything during a summer season. Just imagine how cool it would be if for example after the conclusion of KotFE and the freaking HK-55 chapter, we would get a Flashpoint. Next month another one. Or open up Zakul/Odessen for a daily zone to grind out some reputation for the people of Zakul, you know to actually follow "The Outlander". Same for Odessen, to strenghten the Alliance we have. Some new Heroics, a short story played on Vandin(FFS BW do something with it, since you've introduced it!!!!!!). And god forbid an Operation at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if those who planning to pay once so can binge through KotFE would not take part of this "event" as well, but I can assume that with some fresh content in the summer-fall period they would stick around a bit more.

So even though I have plenty of room to create new toons, why I don't take part in this "event"? Because it is not an event. I could care less for another companion or those armor sets as rewards. I have 3-5 toons I regularly use, I don't wan't to create more, just so I can do everything I did before, again. So I will continue not taking part of it and being critical towrads it, when I can.

I did not like this event from the start but the truth is that I am happy that I took part in it.

I have levelled two characters and have done everything except the final chapter to get the new companion.

When I levelled my imperial I found a new awesome guild that I want to stay with since my old guilds have more or less vanished because of players either quitting or changing guilds.

I am happy I did the event with two characters and will get the second highest tier of rewards, the new companion.

I will however not go for the highest reward.

cool it would be if for example after the conclusion of KotFE and the freaking HK-55 chapter, we would get a Flashpoint. Next month another one. Or open up Zakul/Odessen for a daily zone to grind out some reputation for the people of Zakul, you know to actually follow "The Outlander". Same for Odessen, to strenghten the Alliance we have. Some new Heroics, a short story played on Vandin(FFS BW do something with it, since you've introduced it!!!!!!).

Yup, but lets "hope" they are putting all this HUGE secret effort into great Group Content which comes in Fall xD

my old guilds have more or less vanished because of players either quitting or changing guilds.

And THIS ladies and gentleman, is exactly the problem!! But Bioware shows off their awesome statistics about millions of players making millions of Warriors and Knights and riding around on Tauntauns!!

I need an advice about rewards. I reached second tier on my Commando and opened 15 packs already. But most of the stuff there is force-user themed, so they dont fit my trooper much, unless i want to roleplay a soldier running around in a bathrobe.

Now i'm playing Sith Warrior and the rewards suit him more. Do you think i should now reach every tier on my warrior , so even some pieces that i wont complete full set of, i would be able to use? Or should i plan that my Trooper ges the rewards to the 15 packs i already opened there, hoping for a greater chance to complete the sets?

Edited by Ponku

I need an advice about rewards. I reached second tier on my Commando and opened 15 packs already. But most of the stuff there is force-user themed, so they dont fit my trooper much, unless i want to roleplay a soldier running around in a bathrobe.

Now i'm playing Sith Warrior and the rewards suit him more. Do you think i should now reach every tier on my warrior , so even some pieces that i wont complete full set of, i would be able to use? Or should i plan that my Trooper ges the rewards to the 15 packs i already opened there, hoping for a greater chance to complete the sets?

From my understanding once you reach a set achievement (rank) you don't get the rewards on another character. The rewards are only given once, at least that is what has been discussed in the forums. Someone might can answer that better.

From my understanding once you reach a set achievement (rank) you don't get the rewards on another character. The rewards are only given once, at least that is what has been discussed in the forums. Someone might can answer that better.

I know. That's why i want to decide which of my characters will recieve the rewards. I can just leave the last thing needed for a tier, for example a flashpoint, and do it on a character i want rewards to go. As far as i understood when we get a full set from DvsL packs we can put it on and unlock it in collections for other characters to use (and we supposedly can buy some pieces from market from cartel packs to supplement some items we still dont have).

I am sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the end date of this event? Returned a few days ago, but don't wana "hunt achivments" for the DvL event if it will only last a few weeks more.

They have not announced the end. I believe it is "sometime in the Fall."

I know. That's why i want to decide which of my characters will recieve the rewards. I can just leave the last thing needed for a tier, for example a flashpoint, and do it on a character i want rewards to go. As far as i understood when we get a full set from DvsL packs we can put it on and unlock it in collections for other characters to use (and we supposedly can buy some pieces from market from cartel packs to supplement some items we still dont have).

Well welcome to Biowares great stupid ideas!! :D You get them packs once, if they dont suit you, its your problem!! Bioware gave you the reward for lvling and 5 years of swtor!! That you cant use it, your problem xD

BUT they have been sayin that after a certain date they will mail the stuff to all toons or let them unlock in collections or what ever.

it's all nice and dandy but what about the gray people who are not light or dark?

You make the decisions you normally would.

You'd end up with the same companion as everyone else, depending which side wins, anyway.

Dark side users will get the Chiss Jedi if the Light Side Wins.

Light side users would get the Sith Zabrak if the Dark Side Wins.

it's all nice and dandy but what about the gray people who are not light or dark?

I looked up the reward scheme and getting light 5 and dark 5 only matters at the highest level (but who in their right mind would do everything they have ever done again?) so i'm just sticking as a gray marauder lol, 1 persons light vs dark won't make much of a difference.