Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually having a blast with this event, but the only thing that's bugging me is getting doubles (or triples in a few cases) of a set. I know it's accessible through the stash now, but when you get 2 supplementary and one lower of a set out of 30 boxes plus 3 upper of a different set, it's kind of annoying and doesn't seem to be working how it's intended.

Or is that what's supposed to happen? Getting multiples of the same thing out of the boxes?

I'm actually having a blast with this event, but the only thing that's bugging me is getting doubles (or triples in a few cases) of a set. I know it's accessible through the stash now, but when you get 2 supplementary and one lower of a set out of 30 boxes plus 3 upper of a different set, it's kind of annoying and doesn't seem to be working how it's intended.

Or is that what's supposed to happen? Getting multiples of the same thing out of the boxes?

That's exactly what is meant to happen. It's RNG.

considering how many great suggestion they have here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 they could have done a lot more for the game they should have at least fixed all the bugs that are found involved with all the things the event touches on such as the flash points and the fallen empire instead of stating that the only bug they are going to fix are the ones that affect the main story

Quick question since I came quite late to DvL if i were to leave doing the tacticals to last would I get 2 levels completed at the same time? ie complete upto eternal level in one swoop?
Yes, it works like that. In fact you couldn't even finish the tier below Eternal before Chap 16 came out, so that is exactly what happened to many of us. :)

Yes, it works like that. In fact you couldn't even finish the tier below Eternal before Chap 16 came out, so that is exactly what happened to many of us. :)

Oh good thanks, it looks like I will only hit the one that needs level 50 today so I have a little catching up to do.

considering how many great suggestion they have here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 they could have done a lot more for the game they should have at least fixed all the bugs that are found involved with all the things the event touches on such as the flash points and the fallen empire instead of stating that the only bug they are going to fix are the ones that affect the main story

Unlike their claims, they don't actually listen to the fans at all.. Or if they do, they don't do anything about it.

The Roleplay community has been asking for simple things since the launch of the game, and have gotten nothing.

I just got my Champion and Eternal packs and after opening all those packs I noticed something. There was NO "Best of" anywhere in any of the packs I opened at all. Throughout opening these packs I was looking for just one, JUST ONE items that made me feel like this event was worth it however I guess you learn from your experience.

Darth Sion Armor = I think I have seen this drop from every box I have opened so far and these last two I get the crappy chest twice. I don't even remember players running around with this awful looking gear on so please tell me how does this become a part of "The Best Of?"

Well all in all I am now one of those players who will state: I will do my normal events but when you guys come up with something new I will just ignore it. This event was a disappointment and let down to anyone who went through it. Way to go guys!

it might be a fan favorite of people form KotOR 2? same I assume with the Kriea set

So in the light vs dark event do any of ur other toons get anything out of it or just the 1 new toon?

With the new Pack opening system, all the packs gained from completing the tiers can be claimed by anyone in your Legacy.

AND when the event is over, depending on how far you got on those tiers, all your toons will receive prizes. Companion, speeder, armor...etc

Does anyone know if they've said anything about needing to do the achievements again on other servers/legacies or if you can transfer a character from one legacy where it's completed to another legacy and have the DvL stuff apply in the mail?

I'm guessing not, but I'm curious. I've completed every rank save Legendary on Bergeren Colony, but I've had thoughts about getting at least Eternal done on Ebon Hawk should my old guild ever get back together and give me a reason to play on EH (plus my brother still has his PCs there as it is). So I'm wondering if I have to repeat all of the DvL stuff on Ebon and if it's been confirmed as necessary.