Petition for Matchmaking and Cross Server Queues [Comment or Sign Please]

Lhancelot

/signed

But you know with the new setting to switch from PVP to PVE instances means server merges aren't too far away.

Hopefully they still keep 1 west coast, 1 east coast and one European 1... If they merge all the servers into one then that will upset everyone except the region they are based in.

ie, if they merged them all to the east coast, then anyone in Australia/NZ/Asia will end up with 400-600ms ping, which essentially kills the game for us.

If they merged to the west coast, the Europeans will end up with about 200-300ms, which sounds bad, but is actually what Aus/NZ/Asia play with at the moment since they closed our servers 2 years ago.

The least inconvenienced people would be east coast players being moved to the west coast, but I'm guessing they would be the most vocal if this happened because their potential 17ms might end up being 40ms, lol.

Regardless what they decide, we should expect server merges sooner rather than later.

Let's all pray it's 3 servers, 1 for each region. If it's one, then I think we can all agree it has the potential to put the final nail in the coffin for this game.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

But you know with the new setting to switch from PVP to PVE instances means server merges aren't too far away.

Hopefully they still keep 1 west coast, 1 east coast and one European 1... If they merge all the servers into one then that will upset everyone except the region they are based in.

ie, if they merged them all to the east coast, then anyone in Australia/NZ/Asia will end up with 400-600ms ping, which essentially kills the game for us.

If they merged to the west coast, the Europeans will end up with about 200-300ms, which sounds bad, but is actually what Aus/NZ/Asia play with at the moment since they closed our servers 2 years ago.

The least inconvenienced people would be east coast players being moved to the west coast, but I'm guessing they would be the most vocal if this happened because their potential 17ms might end up being 40ms, lol.

Regardless what they decide, we should expect server merges sooner rather than later.

Let's all pray it's 3 servers, 1 for each region. If it's one, then I think we can all agree it has the potential to put the final nail in the coffin for this game.

It should remain 1 for each region, there are more than enough players for that

/signed for xfaction ranked

It should remain 1 for each region, there are more than enough players for that

/signed for xfaction ranked

This is true, but it didn't stop them closing all the APAC servers whe we actually had more than enough.. I would dare say we had more combined players on the APAC servers than are currently on all the west coast servers combined...

My fear is they will combine all servers into one.. The question is where will they locate them?...

The worst scenario of APAC players is locating them on the east coast. The worst scenario for Europeans is the west coast. Either will hardly effect Americans at all. Bio are also an American company based in America for Americans (I say this because Bio/EA don't really care about other regions), so it's really only a worry for everyone not in America.

As an American living in Paris for the last 2 year and playing on The Harbinger the whole time I can say with confidence I had really no issues. My ping to the server never really went above 170 ms and frame rates in WZ's have never been a real issue other than the occasional lag. Before that I was living on the island of Maui and had about the same frame rates and around 120 ms. As of Tuesday I'll be back in the US for good moving back to Colorado, so if they do move forward with mega-servers I hope most people will experience what I have. Edited by Zaroes

I can't really see any Purpose in having multiple Servers since the ''Realm'' changes.Hopefully,People will transfer on their own,which'll most likely force BW to merge at some Point in time (unless they don't mind having 5 + Servers completely empty).

/Signed

I can't really see any Purpose in having multiple Servers since the ''Realm'' changes.Hopefully,People will transfer on their own,which'll most likely force BW to merge at some Point in time (unless they don't mind having 5 + Servers completely empty).

/Signed

I asume that less but bigger servers will become ... difficult ... on the sheer technical side : You do know that servers CAN overhead, do you ?

I guess they would have to hire new and bigger servers, then. Servers which do *not* overheat that much.

I asume that less but bigger servers will become ... difficult ... on the sheer technical side : You do know that servers CAN overhead, do you ?

I guess they would have to hire new and bigger servers, then. Servers which do *not* overheat that much.

That's not my concern tho. They're supposed to provide the best possible Service,at the end,we're paying for it (Are they? decide for yourself).

Any ways,that's a Subject for another Thread. (No reason to fill this one with such BS ^.^).

Edited by ahzecklawd

Cross server queues?

Yes pls.

Without cross server rated will still remain a playground für qsynchers and wintreaders.

Bioware, pls fix all the bugs and then bring us crossserver queue.

Dont waste Your time for new compagnons (30 are enough), new arena ( 5 are enough), hk-weapons (nobody need this) or server/guildlist.

Edited by Opaknack

This game needs cross-server and matchmaking badly. The cross-server function to increase the possible amount of players during prime-time, and the matchmaking to sort those players into their respective rating matches and balance out unranked teams. It's simply not fun for anyone to get into a ranked match with 1200 rating, and the opposite team consists of three 1750 rating Sorcs/TankPS-Juggs. It's killing every chance of growth this community might still have.

Every other game out there understands that cross-server and/or rated matchmaking is a necessity, but Bioware seems to ignore that.

/Signed

Edited by Alssaran

stop all to do your interesting { With } signed

since months, you make your blah blah blah

if always no response from Bioware for your petition

cancel your subscription not to buy pieces of the cartel

enjoy the game free to play

if all players who signed are really ready to stop subscribing to late April

you'll see that Bioware will react quickly

Edited by LudovicJG

/sign

Yes please!!! I am really tired of long time between pops, and also I am tired of having to fight always against the same premades over and over. I think this would add some variety and it would be harder to get stomped by the same premades...

On Red Eclipse, there are 1 or 2 guilds, that can be all over the weekend playing in premades or 4 or more people, and you know that if you play with them it will be boring because it is too easy, and if you play against them, it is boring and frustrating, because no matter what you do you will lose. You don't have a group of 4 or 5 people with team speak and skilled in PVP to aid you in every situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Sign

Its coming to the point where cross server ques is going to be vital to keep this game going. On low populated servers you can't even play the game when it involves a group like warzones or an operation. The fact that everyone is going to the server harbinger. its literally killing the smaller servers to the point where its dead. This includes my guild. Waiting 30mins just to play a single warzone match which last only 15mins its quite frustrating for those wishing to compete and dominate in conquest. On the behalf of every pvper on biowares low populated server, please give us this feature. it will at least dampen the bandwagonners going to harbinger. and save a server or two. itll save The Bastion for certain as there is still some dedicated players left. slowly losing faith in staying in a dead server without players to play with.

Sign

Its coming to the point where cross server ques is going to be vital to keep this game going. On low populated servers you can't even play the game when it involves a group like warzones or an operation. The fact that everyone is going to the server harbinger. its literally killing the smaller servers to the point where its dead. This includes my guild. Waiting 30mins just to play a single warzone match which last only 15mins its quite frustrating for those wishing to compete and dominate in conquest. On the behalf of every pvper on biowares low populated server, please give us this feature. it will at least dampen the bandwagonners going to harbinger. and save a server or two. itll save The Bastion for certain as there is still some dedicated players left. slowly losing faith in staying in a dead server without players to play with.

Honestly go to TEH or Harbinger imo. there's absolutely no reason to hang on a dead server, especially since they raising the price on transfers.

/signed

eventho crossservers may never come. They blame it on the game's engine but I think that it is bullsh*t because there are only 2 things you need to make X-servers possible.

An "empty" server with all the arena maps, or warzone maps and an piece of code that copies everyone who is in the pvp queue on their servers, to this "crossrealm" so that you never play a warzone on your own server, but instead on always on this extra special "PTS-like" Crossrealm. After every warzone, the loading screen is immedeatly transfering you back to your normal server so that you can queue again.

So either they simply have no devs to code this stuff, or they just don't care to do it, because they hope that everyone will transfer all day long, which brings sh*tloads of money into €A's purse.

So the best thing to do is probably just unsubbing and looking for another game.

Edited by Lord_Unterhemd

Sign for multi server qued but matchmaking should not be due to longer que times, in this way you cause ppl not waiting longer than we already do lol. But this would cause ppl who hate losing to either go on forums or in chat to party up ( PreMade) which if you did premade you would help que lol:eek:. This would put us in a more interactive state of mind to unite and stand a chance or divide and fall (or be a SOLO bad Mother trucker lol).

Once upon a long time ago I had said merge all regional/language servers to one and give the option of having a pve/pvp instance. Don't think it would be long before some servers get merged now. Matchmaking for normals, maybe, depends on population.