Item Stack Resale Exploit

EricMusco

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you rob a bank and bring all money back later, you still go to jail or have to pay a fine.

True but they don't wipe 100% of your assets not related to the robbery, you still get to keep that when your sentence is over

That's for supporting my argument

yes one is breaking arbitrary rules in a fantasy world with space wizards and laser swords and the other is a real world construct designed to protect people and social order.

cheating in a game has no similarities to criminal behaviour.

Gov't makes rules in real life and breaking them leads to punishment. Bioware makes rules in their playground and breaking them leads to punishment. Seems real similar to me.

didn't every player sign the ToS and somewhere in the terms of service bioware would state about using exploits and so on or cheating. It's very simple everyone posting here agreed to it and if a person cheated/exploited they can only blame themselves and people who lost everything I can tell you i am laughing all the way to the bank.

Now the only people that have grounds legally are the dirty gold sellers because it's not illegal for them to offer the service it's only illegal in the game this is why company's like PayPal won't charge back those type of transactions or ban them because it's not breaking the law and they can go after the people that sold them the credits to try and get there $ back and that's another issue i would like to see is gold seller free emails because i am sick and tired of getting that crap in game.

This is an issue not worthy of any argument.

If you took advantage of the exploit knowingly, you deserve punishment. If Bioware wants to take only the ill-gotten gains or everything you've ever had that's their right. Go look up the TOS, they have the right to do whatever they want to your account. Sure, you may/may not be a subscriber, but I believe Bioware would rather lose YOU, the cheater and exploit abuser, than keep you around and risk losing their legit players because they didn't do anything but smack you with a file folder.

Don't want your hard earned anything removed? Stop cheating in the game.

I don't care if it took Bioware 6 weeks to deal with this. They could take 6 years for all I care, it was STILL an exploit and you KNEW what you were doing was no part of the game.

No the repair no-cost thing wasn't an exploit. You didn't make millions of credits or comms from it.

No finding a new shiny in the game isn't an exploit.

No, originally being able to sell your Makeb Gazebo wasn't an exploit. It was a coding mistake, but it wasn't game breaking. It's like reselling the decorations you buy with credits and resell to unsuspecting newbies.

Stop trying to justify exploiting as okay because Bioware didn't jump on it on day 1.

If you get things taken away and you're innocent, just send a ticket or call CS and tell them. I'm sure they'll go deeper into your account and see you didn't do anything.

Just stop all the 'oh this doesn't deserve bans and item removals!'

You cheated, you got punished. Deal with it.

Eric, can you clarify this one please?

What if people bought **** tons of companion gifts from the GTN and this was the only thing they did. Meaning, they didn't use the exploit themselves but took advantage off low prices at the GTN.

Is this being considered an offense that would receive a punishment of removal of all equipped gear and a full credit account wipe no matter how much the person had?

I'm asking this because a guildy who always is very active at finding bargains at the GTN got stripped of all gear and over 200 million credits.

If this is being considered an offense than how far can we go when we see low prices, what are the bounderies we need to adhere? In my personal case for example I always buy up items that are priced much to low. I kinda don't want to run the risk of accidentally getting involved into something that turned out to be an exploit.

I just wish there were more resources put into the development of more content for elder game guilds such as raiding and pvp guilds. Whenever there is an exploit or bug in favor of the player I see a very swift, deliberate action taken by BW to completely resolve it. But when the bug causes players to have a more difficult time in their progression I see BW either never responds or takes seemingly years to respond and then doesn't completely resolve the issue in some cases. I'm sick about the statement that it's not guaranteed for a Nightmare op to drop any nightmare gear at all. I'm sick about the decision to not provide raiding guilds a single new operation in the game and pvp guilds a single new pvp playing field in KOTFE. I'm sick about why in the full history of this game the Explosive Conflict on Denova has never been improved to drop more credits during the operation; this, an operation that has been in the game since the beginning with the same problem for four years. Could we please have something interesting, fun and rewarding now? Please? Focus that same effort and resolve you have with fixing exploits into developing a better end game. We love Star Wars. We would play it forever. We just want something new and exciting so we can enjoy it. Thank you!

I have a feeling we won't see any operations whatsoever until the conclusion of chapter 16 of Season 1. So around August 2016. That's what KOTFE season 1 will be over and season 2 will be around the corner. They're not going to do any operations until it's closer to the end of the season 1 story arc. Their operations have always revolved around some type of story in the game.

KP/EV was hutts and dread masters the beginning.

EC was introducing Kephess working for the dread masters.

TFB was helping out the gree after the Chevin event came out.

SnV and TC was dealing with the hutts and the cartel after Makeb came out.

DF and DP was dealing with the dread masters themselves after Oricon came out.

ToS and Rav was after dealing with revanites in the game and smacking down Revan after Shadow of Revan came out.

Monolith was after dealing with p1 and p2 of Ziost.

Xeno deals with the gree event.

Eyeless deals with the Rakghoul plague.

Untitled new operation(s) will more than likely come out after we've dealt with Chapters 1-16 of KotFE.

If you took advantage of the exploit knowingly, you deserve punishment. If Bioware wants to take only the ill-gotten gains or everything you've ever had that's their right. Go look up the TOS, they have the right to do whatever they want to your account. Sure, you may/may not be a subscriber, but I believe Bioware would rather lose YOU, the cheater and exploit abuser, than keep you around and risk losing their legit players because they didn't do anything but smack you with a file folder.

I don't care if it took Bioware 6 weeks to deal with this. They could take 6 years for all I care, it was STILL an exploit and you KNEW what you were doing was no part of the game.

No the repair no-cost thing wasn't an exploit. You didn't make millions of credits or comms from it.

No, originally being able to sell your Makeb Gazebo wasn't an exploit. It was a coding mistake, but it wasn't game breaking. It's like reselling the decorations you buy with credits and resell to unsuspecting newbies.

Stop trying to justify exploiting as okay because Bioware didn't jump on it on day 1.

If you get things taken away and you're innocent, just send a ticket or call CS and tell them. I'm sure they'll go deeper into your account and see you didn't do anything.

couldn't have said this better my self one of the best posts in the thread.

This^

Gov't makes rules in real life and breaking them leads to punishment. Bioware makes rules in their playground and breaking them leads to punishment. Seems real similar to me.

You have got to be kidding me....

I cheat in almost EVERY single player game I play. I've cheated in video games since I first learned you could. I've NEVER cheated in an MMO and I've never committed a crime.

Cheating in video games has absolutely nothing in common with real life crimes and to suggest it does is just ridiculous. If you can't differentiate the HUGE difference between reality and virtual worlds, seek help.

Another thing, Bioware is a FOR profit business - they aren't at all like the government except with how freaking slow they move.

Another thing, Bioware is a FOR profit business - they aren't at all like the government except with how freaking slow they move.

..OT..

Tell me about it.

Applied for job Oct 3. Posting ended Oct 23. Got email was referred Nov 17. Got call they want to interview Dec 11. If I pass interview, probably won't start til some time in January.

Thank you, Uncle Sam.

..END OT..

I have a feeling we won't see any operations whatsoever until the conclusion of chapter 16 of Season 1. So around August 2016. That's what KOTFE season 1 will be over and season 2 will be around the corner. They're not going to do any operations until it's closer to the end of the season 1 story arc. Their operations have always revolved around some type of story in the game.

KP/EV was hutts and dread masters the beginning.

EC was introducing Kephess working for the dread masters.

TFB was helping out the gree after the Chevin event came out.

SnV and TC was dealing with the hutts and the cartel after Makeb came out.

DF and DP was dealing with the dread masters themselves after Oricon came out.

ToS and Rav was after dealing with revanites in the game and smacking down Revan after Shadow of Revan came out.

Monolith was after dealing with p1 and p2 of Ziost.

Xeno deals with the gree event.

Eyeless deals with the Rakghoul plague.

Untitled new operation(s) will more than likely come out after we've dealt with Chapters 1-16 of KotFE.

You're missing a key piece of information in your rambling here. All of those launched along with the content. Rav/ToS didn't come out months after 3.0 dropped. SnV came out with RotHC in 2.0. DP/DF dropped along with 2.4 (Oricon update). The event ops bosses were available when the events first launched.

So back in the day when we finished the story in 2 hours, we could do the operations right away. Waiting until the end of September when it's already been a year since Rav/Tos is pretty ridiculous. And that's in the crazy world where they can develop an operation in <9 months seeing as they don't even have any current information to provide on PvE content.

I think you severely misunderstood the position of the raiding community asking for new content and how it has previously been provided in patches.

..OT..

Tell me about it.

Applied for job Oct 3. Posting ended Oct 23. Got email was referred Nov 17. Got call they want to interview Dec 11. If I pass interview, probably won't start til some time in January.

Thank you, Uncle Sam.

..END OT..

Damn...that's actually faster than Bioware. Last update was Oct 20, nothing new until February... :(

Good luck!!! I hope you get it :)

You're missing a key piece of information in your rambling here. All of those launched along with the content. Rav/ToS didn't come out months after 3.0 dropped. SnV came out with RotHC in 2.0. DP/DF dropped along with 2.4 (Oricon update). The event ops bosses were available when the events first launched.

So back in the day when we finished the story in 2 hours, we could do the operations right away. Waiting until the end of September when it's already been a year since Rav/Tos is pretty ridiculous. And that's in the crazy world where they can develop an operation in <9 months seeing as they don't even have any current information to provide on PvE content.

I think you severely misunderstood the position of the raiding community asking for new content and how it has previously been provided in patches.

No, I didn't miss anything. I know what I'm talking about. And I'm part of the raiding community too, I just found other things to do while I'm waiting.

As for what you said: I KNOW the operations came out at the same time. BUT, those operations weren't part of expansions/stories that were being trickled out each month. They gave you ALL of Makeb. They gave you ALL of Oricon. They gave you ALL of Shadow of Revan. Hell, Ziost you only had to wait, what, a week? Maybe two? KotFE is DIFFERENT. You have to basically wait until February for chapter 10 OF 16. Then it's March chap 11, April chap 12, May Chap 13, June chap 14, July chap 15, and August chap 16.

THIS is where I'm getting my information.

Who knows, maybe we'll get an operation in February. Or, it may well be August. The point is, KotFE is staggered releases, the other expansions with accompanying operations were not.

Edited by Eanelinea

Damn...that's actually faster than Bioware. Last update was Oct 20, nothing new until February... :(

Good luck!!! I hope you get it :)

..OT..

Oh me too. Husband is ill and can't work right now and my fat paycheck from the bookstore isn't enough for my and his bills.

Thanks!

..OT..

Who knows, maybe we'll get an operation in February. Or, it may well be August. The point is, KotFE is staggered releases, the other expansions with accompanying operations were not.

Not quite? SoR was technically staggered, Ziost came halfway through the expansion. RotHC was staggered, Oricon came out halfway through the expansion. Yet those still launched with operations to tie the story together until the next portion of the expansion. No reason there couldn't have been an Alliance based operation released now and the inevitable one where you kill Aracann 9 months later.

Story is not an excuse for a lack of raid content. This is just a lack of resources. They funneled everything they had into revamping existing content for 65 and opted not to obtain additional resources to create the new content as well. Now they don't even have an update on PvE, so I seriously doubt your expectation that the end of the chapters will bring an operation at this point. 2017 may have one, it may not.

Not quite? SoR was technically staggered, Ziost came halfway through the expansion. RotHC was staggered, Oricon came out halfway through the expansion. Yet those still launched with operations to tie the story together until the next portion of the expansion. No reason there couldn't have been an Alliance based operation released now and the inevitable one where you kill Aracann 9 months later.

Story is not an excuse for a lack of raid content. This is just a lack of resources. They funneled everything they had into revamping existing content for 65 and opted not to obtain additional resources to create the new content as well. Now they don't even have an update on PvE, so I seriously doubt your expectation that the end of the chapters will bring an operation at this point. 2017 may have one, it may not.

We do have an update on PvE, just not Operations. Operations are not the full extent of PvE.

If that makes you feel better, then by all means, say it and believe it.

People are interesting, they can be presented with piles and piles of evidence, and simply decide not to believe it because they don't "want to". You don't "want to", so you don't. Nothing will change your mind, regardless of the "proof", you'll just deny it anyway.

Have a nice day.

No evidence != piles of evidence.

You spend so much time posting replies to me when you could simply have quoted the posts that support your accusation of people wanting even people who are innocent and just bought things from the GTN punished.

One would think quoting those posts would be simpler than continuing to troll everyone as you are doing ...

Eric, can you clarify this one please?

What if people bought **** tons of companion gifts from the GTN and this was the only thing they did. Meaning, they didn't use the exploit themselves but took advantage off low prices at the GTN.

Is this being considered an offense that would receive a punishment of removal of all equipped gear and a full credit account wipe no matter how much the person had?

I'm asking this because a guildy who always is very active at finding bargains at the GTN got stripped of all gear and over 200 million credits.

If this is being considered an offense than how far can we go when we see low prices, what are the bounderies we need to adhere? In my personal case for example I always buy up items that are priced much to low. I kinda don't want to run the risk of accidentally getting involved into something that turned out to be an exploit.

Odds are the guildy was a "I didn't cheat honest guys yet they did this to me!" when in fact he may have indeed cheated.

That's the thing with cheats, they often won't admit then fight vehemently to defend their non existent innocence.