Item Stack Resale Exploit

EricMusco

I know many players who got perma banned. Speaking for myself...One week ban, (I was a very small fry, no GTN, no gifts, creds gained <75 mil), I got set to zero credits and zero commendations on all toons on all servers (40 mil of that was legit earned over 4 years). Mailbox was emptied as well. What hurt the most? My level 51 with 20,000 war zone comms just sitting there ready to purchase gear <------that will make me NOT exploit again.

Not complaining, just letting people know that discipline IS being handed out and my personal experience. Granted I'm not in jail like some of you wanted, as far as I know there is no impending lawsuits from bioware, CPS hasn't been called nor was a mental inquest warrant issued (I believe someone called the exploiters sociopaths). Did I learn my lesson...yeah, the squeeze is real. Life goes on, game is hard.

Which is exactly what a good punishment should do is incentivize not repeating the behavior again.

The part that aggravates me is I personally know folks who have got the perma ban hammer for smaller amounts then other folks who got away with a week or less. The punishment model seems to be done by different individuals so if you get Judge Mcgruff, well your hosed. Then you have Judge Sweety who wants to forgive everything.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part that aggravates me is I personally know folks who have got the perma ban hammer for smaller amounts then other folks who got away with a week or less. The punishment model seems to be done by different individuals so if you get Judge Mcgruff, well your hosed. Then you have Judge Sweety who wants to forgive everything.

There could be a simple answer to that, like for example if the account had any previous "situations". I am going to imagine that they would be quite lenient with someone who used it to gain 50 million over the period that the exploit was available and is a first time offender, than someone who used it to amass lots of money, and has been contacted by customer support at some point in the past for "insert reason".

Thats speculation on my part, but seems logical :)

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
rude quote and reply removed

Proper rofl at this post. You know it's a game right? You do things in a game that you would'nt do in real life. Like slicing other players up with glowing sticks!

he also was calling for a life ban on the wrong person and not the sole player in this huge thread that admitted to a misdeed.

Tbh everyone cheats at something

Irrelevant. This is about this particular cheat, not "something."

Your personal view appears above a guild-recruitment link. That means you're associating your guild with a visibly and gratuitously rude post. Not good publicity for your guild.

That's why I'm not in a guild (well, sorta, but not really, but kinda).

Edited by branmakmuffin

I don't really care what you think, you're not some special snowflake with that opinion, well over half the people think that way, that's their right, you really can't shame me more than I already have myself, so gg? Cheating is not always a mind-set and I'm not "that kind of loser". Ffs, I went to college for 5 years and never so much as took a peep to who was sitting to my left or right to get a glimpse of their answers. Wait....I had a yard sale last year and didn't claim it on my taxes...was that a life cheat? So don't worry, I'm not going to infiltrate your guild, gain your trust then rob the guild bank....I promise.

Seriously though, This thread is about 99% irate (rightly so) people hypothesizing about did discipline actually happen or not. I chimed in to say it did, for me and a whole lotta other people. I also want to add this is my first "infraction", so I had no prior record in this game for exploiting.

An interesting note that has not been brought up, many of the people who were perma banned were some of the top players in the game, the entire game. I've spoken to some, a lot of them feel this was similar to a virtual looting of bioware for mishandling the end game content for so long now. I know that sounds like a bunch of impudent children, but I really think that many people did not realize the damage that could of been done long term to the economy, I know I didn't. I'm not making excuses, I'm just bringing up that there is some interesting psychology behind what has happened and not all of it is nefarious.

More like they are trying to rationalize their actions so they can tell themselves they did nothing wrong and still pretend they are the good guys. Everyone wants to be a good person in their own mind, but character is doing whats right even if no one knows or sees you doing it.

You should have been banned for life, cheating is a mind-set, you either are that type of loser or not.

Once a cheat always a cheat, that never changes no matter how much you ******** and lie about it,. ask Eric I'm pretty sure he in the same mould!

I cheat like a maniac. I download saves, manipulate files, download guides and walkthroughs, without even a tiny second thought about it...in single player games. I've never once cheated in an MMO. How is that possible, given your ridiculous labeling? Am I prone to cheat here some day soon?

Edited by TUXs

More like they are trying to rationalize their actions so they can tell themselves they did nothing wrong and still pretend they are the good guys. Everyone wants to be a good person in their own mind, but character is doing whats right even if no one knows or sees you doing it.

Exactly so. The cheaters who got caught are indeed sorry: sorry they got caught.

You should have been banned for life, cheating is a mind-set, you either are that type of loser or not.

Once a cheat always a cheat, that never changes no matter how much you ******** and lie about it,. ask Eric I'm pretty sure he in the same mould!

I'm sure you have never broken the law in your life. I'm sure you have not gone even 1 mph over the speed limit, or did a rolling stop at a stop sign. I'm sure you have crossed the street at all the designated crosswalks, because otherwise that would make you a lawbreaker. If you are breaking the law then you should be thrown in jail for life! Breaking the law is a mind-set, and once a lawbreaker always a lawbreaker!

Edited by Holocron