BIG announcement for subs on Dec 1

KyaniteD

Call me cynical but:

1. Subscription fees are going to $34.99/month.

2. Monthly Cartel Coin alotments are being retired.

3. Subscribers get to keep their companions, but none of them can be customized anymore.

4. Non-subscribers lose their companions. Now pay to unlock, per companion.

Yep, I'm a charmer.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me cynical but:

3. Subscribers get to keep their companions, but none of them can be customized anymore.

Yep, I'm a charmer.

I wouldn't put that past them.

Add in a paywall to unlock gear slots. 450 cc per slot per character, subs get mainhand weapon, chestpiece, leggings, and boots for free.

Call me cynical but:

Yep, I'm a charmer.

You're not being cynical, you just being stupid.

I have no love for Bioware or EA, but not even they are that greedy and retarded to try and pull something like this.

Call me cynical but:

Yep, I'm a charmer.

lol this is not the government...

Edited by psikofunkster

I'm actually quite excited.

This mmo is pretty darn well rounded now. It ticks every box in terms of content and still has the best presented story.

Hopefully the movie will get more people into this. I hope Bioware and EA advertise this game alongside it somehow.

PS: I've just come back to this (last time I played was pre-Makeb) and the sheer amount of content and improvements are staggering.

Well, I would like to see, as I have probably mentioned already, a Veteran Rewards system.

The idea would be that you would received a reward for every month you have subbed. The reward would be monthly, 3 month, and one year rewards.

For the monthly reward, something like 700 cartel coins.

The quarterly reward should be something like account unlocks and another 1000 coin reward. Perhaps extra slots, character transfer, rename, that sort of thing.

The yearly reward should be a big one, perhaps one stronghold unlock set for free, legacy unlocks free, account wide costume unlock, free packs, etc and 2000 coins.

All rewards would be retroactive but would be based on ACTUAL sub time, not the amount of time that has passed since launch. This way the reward directly corresponds with the monthly sub paid.

I would also add that you would have to be subbed to collect the reward. It would not have the ability to be collected by players that are in F2P/Preferred status at the moment.

Edited by LordArtemis

Personally I'm hoping they announce that you'll have additional uses for your massive number of companions; while I enjoy crafting, there's plenty more ideas for what they could be getting up to instead of hanging out drinking at the Alliance Base. Pie in the sky would be something akin to the endgame of Mass Effect 2 where your companions will serve various roles in a major event of some kind ("Pierce and Rokuss, guard the way behind us, Nico, slice the systems, Talos and HK sweep for booby traps and security systems....")

Given how much they are hyping it on Twitter, you really have to wonder what it is they think they have that will wow all us subscribers.

I can't help but think whatever it is must be overhyped by now.

Its possible the pessimist in me is doing this, but I cant help it.

Due to the unprecedented success of the system in Warlords of Draenor, we are implementing Alliance Missions! Send your Alliance members on exciting adventures against improbable odds! Reap the rewards while you are off on your own incredible adventures! Your Alliance can even accomplish these incredible things while you are offline.

Coming soon to Star Wars: The Old Republic

Given how much they are hyping it on Twitter, you really have to wonder what it is they think they have that will wow all us subscribers.

I can't help but think whatever it is must be overhyped by now.

Its possible the pessimist in me is doing this, but I cant help it.

There's really no way it's not overhyped. I mean, maybe it's actually something nice, but they make it sound like something that's going to blow all our minds and that's just not gonna happen.

When is comes to subs..u always see some F2P that think they should have the same benefits as subs..

hehe, to u F2P

• it is the subs that pay for the game
    it is the subs that use credits in Cartel Market

Sow u see, u can never get the same benefits..u're just a item of expenditure. ;)

Edit: a free HK from level 1 like Nico would be nice.

Edited by IngeDanielsen

I have a feeling many people are going to be very disappointed when they finally do the announcement. there is nothing like peoples own imagination to feed the hype and then complain when something doesn't meet your obscenely high expectations.

as has been said, I'd put good money on it being the announcement for the next story chapter.

I have a feeling many people are going to be very disappointed when they finally do the announcement. there is nothing like peoples own imagination to feed the hype and then complain when something doesn't meet your obscenely high expectations.

as has been said, I'd put good money on it being the announcement for the next story chapter.

I could not agree more DOH. The number of unrealistic ideas is quite comedic tbh.

I think our best bets are:

• Early access/release of chapters

• Subscriber rewards

Anything beyond those 2 ideas seems unrealistic to me.

I could not agree more DOH. The number of unrealistic ideas is quite comedic tbh.

• Subscriber rewards

I'm pretty sure these are a given, considering these 2 tweets. :D

Keep that Subscriber status and reap your just rewards. The secret will be revealed on Tuesday's Livestream: http://bit.ly/1Q4C3SD

Can't get your #FallenEmpire fill? Well do we have news for you. Catch our Tuesday Producer Livestream: http://bit.ly/1IgJCV4

Yeah, there are some high expectations ITT. Curb that guys. If you expect a recolored pet, and get more than that, awesome. If you expect a new race for subs and the ability to customize the KOTFE comps as the reward, you're gonna be one sad sack come tomorrow.

• Subscriber rewards

/agreed. Although BW's not exactly blameless with the repeated tweets hyping it up.

And it's not like they haven't been burned by this sort of thing in the past - couple years ago they announced in advance a subscriber appreciation reward that turned out to be like 500 free CCs. If they had just done that with little or no fanfare then I think most people would have been "cool! that's really nice", but because they had hyped it up ahead of time there were even some relatively pro-BW people who used the term "slap in the face" unironically over it.

(I still think calling 500 CCs a slap in the face was ridiculous, but if you're a company then you should be accounting for even the ridiculous responses as long as they are predictable.)