Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

Goblin_Lackey

That don't make me any smarter for it give me 122,01% so what and how is counted to come to 70ish%?

Reduction is :

DTPS = IncDam * (1 - DR)

where DTPS = Damage Taken Per Second, IncDam = Incoming Damage and DR = Damage Reduction, or what Bent actually calculated.

He got it with the following formula :

DR = [MRKE %] x ( 1 - [M/R Debuff] ) x (1 - ( [Defense Chance] - [basic Attack %] x 0.1 - [Debuff Accuracy] ) ) x (1 - [shield Chance] x [Absorb %] ) x ( 1 - [Damage Reduction] )+ [FTKE %] x (1 - [Debuff Force/Tech] ) x ( 1 - [Resist] ) x (1 - [shield Chance] x [Absorb %] ) x ( 1 - [Damage Reduction] )+ [FTIE %] x ( 1 - [Debuff Force/Tech] ) x ( 1 - [Resist] ) x ( 1 - [internal Damage Reduction] )

Edited by Ryuku-sama

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reduction is :

DTPS = IncDam * (1 - DR)

where DTPS = Damage Taken Per Second, IncDam = Incoming Damage and DR = Damage Reduction, or what Bent actually calculated.

He got it with the following formula :

DR = [MRKE %] x ( 1 - [M/R Debuff] ) x (1 - ( [Defense Chance] - [basic Attack %] x 0.1 - [Debuff Accuracy] ) ) x (1 - [shield Chance] x [Absorb %] ) x ( 1 - [Damage Reduction] )+ [FTKE %] x (1 - [Debuff Force/Tech] ) x ( 1 - [Resist] ) x (1 - [shield Chance] x [Absorb %] ) x ( 1 - [Damage Reduction] )+ [FTIE %] x ( 1 - [Debuff Force/Tech] ) x ( 1 - [Resist] ) x ( 1 - [internal Damage Reduction] )

What is MRKE, M/R, FTKE and FTIE? Otherwise thanks for a good explaining.

What is MRKE, M/R, FTKE and FTIE? Otherwise thanks for a good explaining.

M/R stands for Melee/Ranged attack types.. to explain the others,, I'll have to go into a more indepth explanation about mechanics...

There are 4 kind of attack types (melee, ranged, force and tech) and 4 kind of damage type (energy/weapon, kinetic, internal and elemental). Energy and Kinetic are exactly the same except for names and a few difference between DPS specs. Same for Internal and Elemental, Melee and Ranged, Force and Tech. Every single ability has an attack type and a damage type. So you get MRKE (Melee/Range Kinetic/Energy), FTKE (Force/Tech Kinetic/Energy), FTIE (Force/Tech Internal/Elemental) and MRIE (Melee/Ranged Internal/Elemental). There is no MR IE ability in the game, so Bant just didn't includes them in his maths.

Defense reduces MR accuracy. KE damage can be shielded. IE damage goes through armor.

I can't seem to get the crit values to add up correctly. Here's the distribution for mastery stim Annihilation (224) for example,

1229 Critical (5xE, 3xA, 2xC) | 942 Alacrity (3xE, 6xA)

If I add up the Alacrity : ( 168 * 3 ) + ( 73 * 6 ) = 504 + 438 = 942

The alacrity adds up, but if we do the same for crit : ( 168 * 5 ) + ( 73 * 3 ) + ( 2 * 41 ) = 840 + 219 + 82 = 1141

So I have 88 crit missing from my calculations. Is there a source of crit I am overlooking?

I can't seem to get the crit values to add up correctly. Here's the distribution for mastery stim Annihilation (224) for example,

1229 Critical (5xE, 3xA, 2xC) | 942 Alacrity (3xE, 6xA)

If I add up the Alacrity : ( 168 * 3 ) + ( 73 * 6 ) = 504 + 438 = 942

The alacrity adds up, but if we do the same for crit : ( 168 * 5 ) + ( 73 * 3 ) + ( 2 * 41 ) = 840 + 219 + 82 = 1141

So I have 88 crit missing from my calculations. Is there a source of crit I am overlooking?

Relics. Ops relics have crit on them since 4.1

M/R stands for Melee/Ranged attack types.. to explain the others,, I'll have to go into a more indepth explanation about mechanics...

There are 4 kind of attack types (melee, ranged, force and tech) and 4 kind of damage type (energy/weapon, kinetic, internal and elemental). Energy and Kinetic are exactly the same except for names and a few difference between DPS specs. Same for Internal and Elemental, Melee and Ranged, Force and Tech. Every single ability has an attack type and a damage type. So you get MRKE (Melee/Range Kinetic/Energy), FTKE (Force/Tech Kinetic/Energy), FTIE (Force/Tech Internal/Elemental) and MRIE (Melee/Ranged Internal/Elemental). There is no MR IE ability in the game, so Bant just didn't includes them in his maths.

Defense reduces MR accuracy. KE damage can be shielded. IE damage goes through armor.

I have been trying to find an online Tank Optimizer Calculator for Juggs. like the one Kamikaze has for Vanguards. http://kamikazetank.com/

I could find several githubs that are outdated. Is there a repository where Bant's or Dipstik's code or is updated and maintained?

• Tanks - Use Power Relic as the default alternate relic (replacing Mastery Relic) when gearing for higher endurance.

Any particular reason for this change? I scanned through some of the more recent pages in this thread and I didn't see anything. If I had to guess, it's a marginal DPS increase but that's it?

Any particular reason for this change? I scanned through some of the more recent pages in this thread and I didn't see anything. If I had to guess, it's a marginal DPS increase but that's it?

extra endurance, full 224 tank has like 73k hp, some hm bosses hit >75k, alternatives are B mods, dps relics/augments

extra endurance, full 224 tank has like 73k hp, some hm bosses hit >75k, alternatives are B mods, dps relics/augments

No, I get why to use a DPS relic instead of a 2nd tanking one. I'm wondering why power proc instead of mainstat proc.

I'm a returning player and having some issues with Bant's numbers on this awesome spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15hge9sBFjqeMI7MjmOp8dSZznEh9Z3mFz-HpIj9vz7M/edit#gid=931742453

I'm a concealment operative, in all 216 gear and some 220. My power is only 1976, while the spreadsheet says I should be able to get at least 2648 power at that level? I have no idea how I'm so far off power wise. Here are the rest of my stats? Did I over look something?

Mastery: 4953

End: 5844

Power: 1976

Critical 1160

Alacrity: 888

Accuracy: 689

That's 5 crit augments, 8 alacrity augments, 1 accuracy augment. I haven't updated for the most recent patch, but I'm just lost as to how I have that much power "missing". Thanks in advance, its probably something super obvious.

That might be it, mine is a mix. Won't the same problem happen to my Mastery stat then?

A-mods have significantly more mastery on them than normal mods, but in exchange lose out on a lot of Power - so much so that you'll find that the mastery + power of a 224 A-mod would be about the same as the mastery + power of a 216 unlettered mod (maybe slightly more, but then again 224 A-mods dont exist). And the only other sources of mastery come from earpiece/implants and armorings/barrels/hilts, so yeah, your mastery would probably end up being higher.

Edited by TACeMossie

it could be from stims, or buffs. doesnt look like force/tech power.

I was unbuffed / unstimmed when getting those stats. As far as I could tell!

Yeah, I almost have entirely 42A and 43 mods. I guess the problem will work itself out as I replace that gear with operation gear (kicking myself a bit, wasn't rolling on what I thought was "equivalent" 216 gear, or taking the healing version).

Bant,

Can you put something on the gearing stat pages saying something like this guide uses low endurance enhancements(quick savant, Adept, and initiative) and low endurance unlettered mods(Lethal Mod 42-44) from operation token gear. Without fail every 20 replies or so someone says, "I am following the guide, but I am short power by x amount. What gives?" Then a kind soul asks, "Are you using gear that you obtained from operation tokens?"...etc. Maybe create a faq for all similar questions. Another possible FAQ is "should I use old set bonus armorings?"

Thanks for the hard work.

This actually gets me thinking. On alts that still use 3.0 or even 2.0 set bonus armorings, I have been slowly updating them with the enhancements and mods that drop from mk-2 gear. For mods I upgrade to the greater sum of mastery and power. With this math, 220A mods have seven less than 216 unlettered mods, but are better than everything except 216-224 unlettered mods. Until I am lucky enough to have all my alts with 216 unlettered or better mods, is it worth looking into augmenting with power?

Bant,

Can you put something on the gearing stat pages saying something like this guide uses low endurance enhancements(quick savant, Adept, and initiative) and low endurance unlettered mods(Lethal Mod 42-44) from operation token gear. Without fail every 20 replies or so someone says, "I am following the guide, but I am short power by x amount. What gives?" Then a kind soul asks, "Are you using gear that you obtained from operation tokens?"...etc. Maybe create a faq for all similar questions. Another possible FAQ is "should I use old set bonus armorings?"

Thanks for the hard work.

This actually gets me thinking. On alts that still use 3.0 or even 2.0 set bonus armorings, I have been slowly updating them with the enhancements and mods that drop from mk-2 gear. For mods I upgrade to the greater sum of mastery and power. With this math, 220A mods have seven less than 216 unlettered mods, but are better than everything except 216-224 unlettered mods. Until I am lucky enough to have all my alts with 216 unlettered or better mods, is it worth looking into augmenting with power?

It actually says Unlettered Mods in a few places in the very first post (including a section that spells out exactly what gear is used). The rest of the posts are all data output based on certain run conditions.

Regarding gearing, I use the rule of thumb that as long as the piece of gear provides more stats, i might as well equip it because; more stats >> optimized stats.

By the same token I would advise determining what you want as your final gear and then make all your choices towards that state and ignore the optimizations for less gear because of the rule above.

This actually gets me thinking. On alts that still use 3.0 or even 2.0 set bonus armorings

Regarding old set bonus, I know you said you wouldn't do the math for the old 2.0 sage 4 pieces because it's no longer obtanaible (which I totally understand), but a guildy has done a lot of testing and the oldset bonus seem to still be better. But can you confirm this or not ? Don't bother making new math, you already have done a lot (and thanks btw), but if you have been already been, do you mind sharing ?

The raid leader of our group runs with a mix of the old set bonus and new on his Lightning Sorc. He has written a guide that is here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=861008 and on Dulfy. He is also one of the top parsing Lighning Sorcs in the game. With that in mind, I'd say there is pretty good evidence that for some advanced players, a combination of the two sets provides a superior result. But, the waiver here is that one must truly have a grip on the rotation necessary to make it worthwhile.

Regarding old set bonus, I know you said you wouldn't do the math for the old 2.0 sage 4 pieces because it's no longer obtanaible (which I totally understand), but a guildy has done a lot of testing and the oldset bonus seem to still be better. But can you confirm this or not ? Don't bother making new math, you already have done a lot (and thanks btw), but if you have been already been, do you mind sharing ?

As Uber mentioned, I advocate for the use of the Dread Master 4-piece with the Ultimate Exarch 2-piece. The caveat here is that you have to already have the Dread Master as I'm sure most people are aware, it is no longer obtainable. That being said, I see much better and more consistent results with old 4-piece, but that also probably is a factor of gear as well. The most updated version of the guide for sorc is here and sage is here. I have not sent Dulfy the updated version yet, and I don't think I ever got around to sending her the TK Sage one. Regardless, I hope that this helps as far as gearing goes. As I am not Bant, I can only say that through my own testing, both on dummy and in ops, I have seen the old set piece outperform the current one, but I do not have any hard evidence, only anecdotal. Though I will say that the anecdotal evidence is still compelling.

It actually says Unlettered Mods in a few places in the very first post (including a section that spells out exactly what gear is used). The rest of the posts are all data output based on certain run conditions.

Regarding gearing, I use the rule of thumb that as long as the piece of gear provides more stats, i might as well equip it because; more stats >> optimized stats.

By the same token I would advise determining what you want as your final gear and then make all your choices towards that state and ignore the optimizations for less gear because of the rule above.

Bant, I wanted to ask a favor regarding gearing builds and finding optimal stats, but with a few additional modifiers, if possible.

I'd like to find out what's the optimal enhancement/augment/crystal allocation for 224, assuming these specific modifiers, just for the sake of my personal curiosity, and utilizing this rotation: http://parsely.io/parser/view/137946/3

The conditions would be:

the accuracy setup of 2 enhancements, 5 augments, leading to 701 accuracy

And a specific alacrity rating of 893, with 2 224 enhancements and 7 augments

Anything else would be interchangeable. I'm currently running crit in every slot that I can outside of that (besides relics and adrenals obviously) and I want to know if there's a more optimal build that requires me swapping in some mastery, since the recent conclusion with the accuracy adrenal basically made me realize that while crit is good, it's not quite good enough to the point where we can stack it with abandon, and since the loss of alacrity compared to your suggested gearing is put into crit, I'm curious whether that means I'm at a point where that crit is worse than some other alacrity stat.

Note that the specific reason for this specific alacrity amount is basically because I ran roughly 9% for so long during 3.0 that adjusting that amount would probably lead to an in raid dps loss.

Would be curious at the results for posting in my guide.

Bant, I wanted to ask a favor regarding gearing builds and finding optimal stats, but with a few additional modifiers, if possible.

I'd like to find out what's the optimal enhancement/augment/crystal allocation for 224, assuming these specific modifiers, just for the sake of my personal curiosity, and utilizing this rotation: http://parsely.io/parser/view/137946/3

The conditions would be:

the accuracy setup of 2 enhancements, 5 augments, leading to 701 accuracy

And a specific alacrity rating of 893, with 2 224 enhancements and 7 augments

Anything else would be interchangeable. I'm currently running crit in every slot that I can outside of that (besides relics and adrenals obviously) and I want to know if there's a more optimal build that requires me swapping in some mastery, since the recent conclusion with the accuracy adrenal basically made me realize that while crit is good, it's not quite good enough to the point where we can stack it with abandon, and since the loss of alacrity compared to your suggested gearing is put into crit, I'm curious whether that means I'm at a point where that crit is worse than some other alacrity stat.

Note that the specific reason for this specific alacrity amount is basically because I ran roughly 9% for so long during 3.0 that adjusting that amount would probably lead to an in raid dps loss.

Would be curious at the results for posting in my guide.

I meant to post this yesterday, but here are the results from optimization under your conditions:

Guardian - Vigilance

Input Settings:

Guardian - Vigilance

ilvl 224, All Augment Combinations Tested, All Debuffs applied, 39.87% Operations Dummy, Output mode set to: Full Accuracy & Mastery Stim

5393 Mastery

6375 Endurance

2981 Power

1283 Critical

847 Alacrity

701 Accuracy

2 Critical Augments; 7 Alacrity Augments; 5 Accuracy Augments; 1 Hawkeye Crystal; 1 Eviscerating Crystal; Mastery Stim;

Calculated Stats: (without Procs)

Damage: 2822-3307

OH Damage: -

Bonus Damage: 1852.4

Accuracy: 110.19%

OH Accuracy: 76.19%

Crit Chance: 38.78%

Crit Bonus: 68.00%

Bonus Special: 2632.9

Bonus Heal: 1901.8

Special Accuracy: 110.19%

Special Crit Chance: 38.78%

Special Crit Bonus: 68.00%

Alacrity: 8.93%

Health: 80505

Armor Rating: 7450

Damage Reduction: 36.24%

Defense Chance: 5.00%

Shield Chance: 0.00%

Absorb Percent: 0.00%

Mastery Relic Uptime: 30.57%

Power Relic Uptime: 28.21%

Average DPS: 6603

30% of time spent sub 30% HP

39.58 APM

(Sorry for the formatting, Tab delineation and tables don't work on the forums)

Ability, Tooltip, Average Damage, Normal Hit, Normal Crit, Crit Percent, Time between uses, DPS, Percent of Total;
Blade Dance, 14314-15885, 14856.56, 3808.13, 6397.76, 44.18%, 11.02s, 1348.62, 20.43%;
Overhead Slash, 8430-9354, 9251.43, 6760.62, 11628.2, 48.30%, 8.26s, 1119.74, 16.96%;
Blade Storm, 5669-5848, 8551.48, 4393.37, 8551.48, 100.00%, 8.26s, 1035.03, 15.68%;
Plasma Brand Dot, 5284, 8857.34, 1702.78, 2860.71, 44.18%, 11.02s, 804.04, 12.18%;
Plasma Brand, 3204-3415, 5340.63, 4106.83, 6899.59, 44.18%, 11.02s, 484.8, 7.34%;
Dispatch, 8100-8989, 8226.73, 6496.03, 10913.5, 39.18%, 19.96s, 412.23, 6.24%;
Vigilant Thrust, 6870-7049, 6904.79, 5309.64, 8920.33, 44.18%, 17.92s, 385.27, 5.83%;
Overhead Slash Dot, 1713, 2893.1, 370.79, 622.93, 44.18%, 8.26s, 350.17, 5.3%;
Sundering Strike, 3698-4102, 3755.19, 2965.19, 4981.59, 39.18%, 13.22s, 284.07, 4.3%;
Blade Storm Dot, 1131, 1910.85, 244.9, 411.44, 44.18%, 8.26s, 231.28, 3.5%;
Saber Throw, 4800-5329, 4875.94, 3850.16, 6468.38, 39.18%, 33.05s, 147.54, 2.23%;

Basic result seems to be a hawkeye crystal (worth a whole 0.02 more dps! /s) and then everything else crit.

Edited by Goblin_Lackey