Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

Goblin_Lackey

That's right, the equipment I got so far is entirely purchased at the crystal vendor.

So what you are saying is, that there is a difference in the balance of endurance vs. power between the modifications (?) of crystal-vendor-gear and operation-drops?

Yes otherwise it would be extremely easy to get the best gear beside set bonus. Vendor gear has higher endurance and mastery than the mods from operations tokens, but overall the mod has a lesser total pool of DPS stats(say an A mod has 150 mastery and 50 power while the unlettered version only has 100 mastery but has 130 power, 30 free points gained in Power per mod). Same goes for enhancements except you trade Power for Endurance. The bought stuff has way higher endurance than the pieces that drop in operations but have way less Power as well.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes otherwise it would be extremely easy to get the best gear beside set bonus. Vendor gear has higher endurance and mastery than the mods from operations tokens, but overall the mod has a lesser total pool of DPS stats(say an A mod has 150 mastery and 50 power while the unlettered version only has 100 mastery but has 130 power, 30 free points gained in Power per mod). Same goes for enhancements except you trade Power for Endurance. The bought stuff has way higher endurance than the pieces that drop in operations but have way less Power as well.

Alright, thanks for your feedback so far!

In that case my last question is: Does the best amount of Es, As and Cs remain the same, even though there is a surplus in endurance and a lack in power when I use the crystal-vendor-gear?

Alright, thanks for your feedback so far!

In that case my last question is: Does the best amount of Es, As and Cs remain the same, even though there is a surplus in endurance and a lack in power when I use the crystal-vendor-gear?

No because the Tertiary stat from the Enhancements doesn't get changed based on the MK version, its only Mastery, Endurance,and power that change on the items.

216 Token is better than 220 crystal vendor.

Edited by Joefjr

No because the Tertiary stat from the Enhancements doesn't get changed based on the MK version, its only Mastery, Endurance,and power.

Not exactly true. By decreasing your tooltip damage (removing mastery/power) you devalue crit and alacrity. It could very well change the stat you want by a bit. It's just not worth it to optimize unoptimized gear by nature.

But you're definately right... 208 PvP gear is better than comms gear. The only piece worth using in comms gear are mods 2 ilvl higher than the best unlettered one you can get (except for tanks).

Not exactly true. By decreasing your tooltip damage (removing mastery/power) you devalue crit and alacrity. It could very well change the stat you want by a bit. It's just not worth it to optimize unoptimized gear by nature.

But you're definately right... 208 PvP gear is better than comms gear. The only piece worth using in comms gear are mods 2 ilvl higher than the best unlettered one you can get (except for tanks).

I was referring to the amount of the tertiary stat, not its DPS value hence why i said only mastery power and endurance change when he asked if com gear would change the amount of E A C he would need and it doesn't. Which is evident if you read me quoting him and not just my reply.

Edited by Joefjr

No because the Tertiary stat from the Enhancements doesn't get changed based on the MK version, its only Mastery, Endurance,and power.

Actually they do change. Mk-1 and Mk-2 are identical but the version used in some Mk-4 has slightly less Tertiary as well.

Edited by FerkWork

Actually they do change. Mk-1 and Mk-2 are identical but the version used in Mk-4 has slightly less Tertiary as well.

Sorry but your wrong, check the vendors if you don't believe me

All 216 Mk 1-4 Token and Crystal gear Implant/ear as well as armor items have 152 Tertiary stat points allocated in either Accuracy, Crit, or Alacrity. It's only the Mastery, Endurance, and power that varies based on the MK version.

All 220 Mk 1-4 Token and Crystal gear Implant/ear as well as armor items have 160 Tertiary stat points allocated in either Accuracy, Crit, or Alacrity. It's only the Mastery, Endurance, and power that varies based on the MK version.

The differences in Mastery, Endurance, and power in the MK versions are...

MK1 Token and MK2 ear/implants crafted from RE Token are Unlettered mod and optimized enhancement.

MK 2 drop ear/implant/Armor is Lettered mod and optimized enhancement

MK-4 crystal gear is Lettered mod and non-optimized enhancement

Optimized enhancements are High power and low endurance.

Non-optimized enhancements are low power and high endurance

Edited by Joefjr

Sorry but your wrong, check the vendors if you don't believe me

All 216 Mk 1-4 Token and Crystal gear Implant/ear as well as armor items have 152 Tertiary stat points allocated in either Accuracy, Crit, or Alacrity. It's only the Mastery, Endurance, and power that varies based on the MK version.

All 220 Mk 1-4 Token and Crystal gear Implant/ear as well as armor items have 160 Tertiary stat points allocated in either Accuracy, Crit, or Alacrity. It's only the Mastery, Endurance, and power that varies based on the MK version.

The differences in Mastery, Endurance, and power in the MK versions are...

MK1 Token and MK2 ear/implants crafted from RE Token are Unlettered mod and optimized enhancement.

MK 2 drop ear/implant/Armor is Lettered mod and optimized enhancement

MK-4 crystal gear is Lettered mod and non-optimized enhancement

Optimized enhancements are High power and low endurance.

Non-optimized enhancements are low power and high endurance

Apparently I missed a word when typing. It should say some enhancements. I have corrected that.

For DPS yes but for Tanks no. So when you say all Enhancmenets are the same you are the one who is actually wrong. Now do all DPS ones have the same Tertiary stats then yes. But that isn't true for tanks.

And btw, Enhancements don't have Mastery. Implants due because it's not just an Enhancement. So if your going to lecture me about how to gear which is lol at best at least get your facts straight. :rak_03:

Edited by FerkWork

For DPS yes but for Tanks no. So when you say all Enhancmenets are the same you are the one who is actually wrong. Now do all DPS ones have the same Tertiary stats then yes. But that isn't true for tanks.

And btw, Enhancements don't have Mastery. Implants due because it's not just an Enhancement. So if your going to lecture me about how to gear which is lol at best at least get your facts straight. :rak_03:

The person i was responding to was a DPS asking about DPS gear, so technically I'm right.

I never said they did have mastery, they ALWAYS come with things that have mastery. :D

Every thing except relics, belt, and bracers effectively all have an Armoring, Mod, and Enhancement "slots". Which is why Ear, Implants, Head, Chest, Hands, Legs, Feet, MH and OH have the same stat totals of the same version. Ignoring the crystals in the MH and OH.

Edited by Joefjr

At the moment I'm really confused

I'm juggernaut tank and sorc healer

But what relics do I have to use? As tank i use the defence relic and absorption.

And as sorc healer I use Power and Mastery..

Should I replace the power relic with crit relic? or no?

and what about the tank relics?

In PVE only btw

Edited by Rawrjesse

Yeah Ima sound stupid too but why is reactive better than redoubt? i mean it states it absorbs 3k damage over 6 seconds every 40 seconds.. sounds ******

All of the tanking relic effects are generally negligible. Redoubt is worthless on non melee/range attacks. Shield amp only buffs shielded hits, so if you don't shield during the duration, the relic proc is wasted, and the power of the absorb buff depends on how much you shielded during the proc durations, and is worthless against internal damage.

Reactive warding always absorbs the damage it provides a shield for, no matter the damage type or RNG. So even if it has a longer cooldown and doesn't seem like the amount it's absorbing is very big, it's guaranteed to never be wasted when it procs, unlike the other two relics.

IMO all the tanking relics are useless as they don't provide Endrance, which is not RNG dependant...if reactive warding is the best relic, and the flat health that a DPS relic provides is close....there is hardly a reason to not just use both DPS relics.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

All of the tanking relic effects are generally negligible. Redoubt is worthless on non melee/range attacks. Shield amp only buffs shielded hits, so if you don't shield during the duration, the relic proc is wasted, and the power of the absorb buff depends on how much you shielded during the proc durations, and is worthless against internal damage.

Reactive warding always absorbs the damage it provides a shield for, no matter the damage type or RNG. So even if it has a longer cooldown and doesn't seem like the amount it's absorbing is very big, it's guaranteed to never be wasted when it procs, unlike the other two relics.

IMO all the tanking relics are useless as they don't provide Endrance, which is not RNG dependant...if reactive warding is the best relic, and the flat health that a DPS relic provides is close....there is hardly a reason to not just use both DPS relics.

so if the two relics that should be used are dps relics, why were the calculations made with shield/reactive?

i'm going to start gearing a tank and id rather get the proper relics, and opinions seem mitigated

so if the two relics that should be used are dps relics, why were the calculations made with shield/reactive?

i'm going to start gearing a tank and id rather get the proper relics, and opinions seem mitigated

Calculations are not everything. :rak_03:

Tanking relics used to have Endurance in them, so you didn't lose part of your health pool for RNG mitigation stats. Now that all relevant tank relics have no Endurance on them but instead Defense Rating, you're trading RNG stats for flat health across the board. 224 Focused Retribution relic provides 203 Endurance flat, which equates to 2,261 flat health(more for Assassins). Reactive Warding at 224 iLevel gives an Absorb shield that protects for 3,110 damage every 40 seconds with a 66% uptime, which winds up being about 2053 free health per minute, which is less than the flat health provided by the Focused Retribution relic.

The defense proc and absorb proc, no doubt, have a potential to reduce DTPS by a bit, they are just plagued by being really RNG dependent. Maybe one pull the proc will have you parry 30 extra hits, reducing your DTPS by a lot. Next pull, maybe you only parry 1 extra hit. If that was the case against a boss that had particularly hard hitting moves, you'd also have a smaller health pool to handle those hits with. Plus, tanks now basically all have about a 30%+ defense rating baseline because of how mods only give Defense Rating. More than that(with only a 30% uptime), is not really appealing IMO. Key phrase being, IMO, maybe you would find tanking relics to be better for you. Don't overthink them too much though, either choice is definitely not make or break in most cases, as long as you at least have something in the slot.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

Calculations are not everything. :rak_03:

Tanking relics used to have Endurance in them, so you didn't lose part of your health pool for RNG mitigation stats. Now that all relevant tank relics have no Endurance on them but instead Defense Rating, you're trading RNG stats for flat health across the board. 224 Focused Retribution relic provides 203 Endurance flat, which equates to 2,261 flat health(more for Assassins). Reactive Warding at 224 iLevel gives an Absorb shield that protects for 3,110 damage every 40 seconds with a 66% uptime, which winds up being about 2053 free health per minute, which is less than the flat health provided by the Focused Retribution relic.

The defense proc and absorb proc, no doubt, have a potential to reduce DTPS by a bit, they are just plagued by being really RNG dependent. Maybe one pull the proc will have you parry 30 extra hits, reducing your DTPS by a lot. Next pull, maybe you only parry 1 extra hit. If that was the case against a boss that had particularly hard hitting moves, you'd also have a smaller health pool to handle those hits with. Plus, tanks now basically all have about a 30%+ defense rating baseline because of how mods only give Defense Rating. More than that(with only a 30% uptime), is not really appealing IMO. Key phrase being, IMO, maybe you would find tanking relics to be better for you. Don't overthink them too much though, either choice is definitely not make or break in most cases, as long as you at least have something in the slot.

So your advice is to replace the redoubt relic with absorption relic?

And what about healer relics?

Power + mastery or crit + mastery?

Edited by Rawrjesse

At the moment I'm really confused

I'm juggernaut tank and sorc healer

But what relics do I have to use? As tank i use the defence relic and absorption.

And as sorc healer I use Power and Mastery..

Should I replace the power relic with crit relic? or no?

and what about the tank relics?

In PVE only btw

Power and mastery is fine for sorc. For tank, reactive warding with power proc is good for health. For mitigation you could use shield amp on use in place of the power proc.

I'm wondering what people think of 99.95% accuracy in full 224? I've not got there yet, but I'm wondering how I should aim to min max. I would be interested to see 99.95 (679) vs 100.19 (701) to see if 99.95 can beat 100.19 in average dps even with the rare miss. Not that it really matters too much... but if you're gonna go this far why not.... xD

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, it's very late and I need bed....

Edited by vailingfob

I'm wondering what people think of 99.95% accuracy in full 224? I've not got there yet, but I'm wondering how I should aim to min max. I would be interested to see 99.95 (679) vs 100.19 (701) to see if 99.95 can beat 100.19 in average dps even with the rare miss. Not that it really matters too much... but if you're gonna go this far why not.... xD

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, it's very late and I need bed....

You will loose more DPS than what you gain.

You will loose more DPS than what you gain.

No. You will gain more DPS on average.. Problem is you risk missing a key ability and either mess up mechanics (interrupt) or your rotation (EB for AP PT, DOTs reapplication for Madness, Hatred, Pyro, IO, Leth, Viru, Engi). For AP.. Considering the only miss that could destroy your whole rotation is EB (and RB during the opener), only 1 miss in every 16 miss would be EB. It's very unlikely you would miss EB, but when it would happen you would destroy your whole rotation. Every other miss could and would be absorbed by the extra damage stat you would take to compensate for accuracy.

No. You will gain more DPS on average.. Problem is you risk missing a key ability and either mess up mechanics (interrupt) or your rotation (EB for AP PT, DOTs reapplication for Madness, Hatred, Pyro, IO, Leth, Viru, Engi). For AP.. Considering the only miss that could destroy your whole rotation is EB (and RB during the opener), only 1 miss in every 16 miss would be EB. It's very unlikely you would miss EB, but when it would happen you would destroy your whole rotation. Every other miss could and would be absorbed by the extra damage stat you would take to compensate for accuracy.

I would just love to see it tested as a formula on every class to see what classes 99.95 is most viable on and what class it's useless for.

22 points in either Crit or Alacrity will not make up for the misses on long CD attacks(more than 8 seconds), the messed up rotations from a miss which in turn push your whole rotation back 1GCD each time based on the move, the resource cost with no return on a miss making non CD moves cost double, then there is also RNG of getting 2 misses in a row that screw you over even more, and missing a KEY move of your spec that has a CD can destroy your dps.

In the end 22 points of Crit or Alacrity does not make up for what those points spent on making you accuracy capped would yield.

I would just love to see it tested as a formula on every class to see what classes 99.95 is most viable on and what class it's useless for.

Because of what I said.. Bent's equations wouldn't do.. You'd need a full simulation for anything but Vengeance, Anni (DoTs with CD), Rage, Fury, Carnage, Lightning, Arsenal, MM (everything is gated by CD and/or activated by being used and not hitting). Deception and AP have abilities consuming stuff by hitting and not gated by CD (Discharge and Energy Burst). IO, Pyro, Madness and Hatred, Leth, Viru, Engi all have DoTs not gated by CD. Concealment relies on Colateral Strike hitting for energy management, so is ruled out what could be easily worked.

Full on simulation is way harder to do than equation sheets. I was trying to do it before my own computer crashed.. I won't work on it until I get a stable computer back somewhere in the summer (I guess) and I was months away from being able to give reliable data.

Edited by Ryuku-sama