Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

Goblin_Lackey

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I'm writing this for a few things.

First. Bent, your spreadsheet got ****ed up.. And I don't know why. For Madness, Demolish DoT DPS on the Output page is higher and more logical than the one on the Test Sheet page.. I haven't looked in what you changed, but it seems pretty weird.

Second, about discovery... And your mistakes.. :p

Well.. Death Field costs 50 * 0.9 = 45.. Not 15.

Force Leech and Lightning Strike has 5% bonus crit chance from Disintegration..

You got a 5% running bonus Damamge on Lightning Strike I don't know why it is even still there.

Your APM for Madness isn't exactly right since you mostly clip Force Lightning, but it shouldn't affect the DPS at all considering implementation.

Alacrity is still poorly handled but that's normal :p

Rippling Force is not a DoT but Lightning Burns is ;) That's a mistake on Bioware side ;)

Your rotation in the notes here and the one on your spreadsheet aren't the same.

Lightning Strike shouldn't be used at all.. It's a 1 DPS increase for each Lightning Strike you replace by Force Lighting inside a 60s block.

Third... About alacrity clipped DoTs....

I know you don't use that kind of rotation since alacrity isn't supposed to work that way.. But it does so...

Clipping DoT's at the 15s mark is impossible.. Assuming 10% alacrity, the Polarity Shifted DoT's last 13.85s. The GCD lasts 1.36s. This means you will reapply with 209ms left on the DoT's if you reapply just before it fall off, at the 10th GCD mark. Any lag in the rotation would make it fall off. This means you must reapply every 9 GCD to keep the DoT's up without them falling off. This also mean the DoT's reapplication will be done sooner every time either of the DoT's conflicts with Demolish or Death Field. Force Leech can actually be moved by 1 GCD sooner or later since it's CD is only 12s. To make it so these reapplications won't clip the 6th tick, the DoT's must be faster than with just Polarity Shift. To make the roation possible, an Alacrity Adrenal is needed.

Once the opener is passed, the rotation is stable for 60 - 63 min before starting to run out of energy. By that point, the normal rotation must be assumed. Basically, this mean the rotation clipping DOT's at the 9th GCD mark is viable. It is also a 22 DPS increase over the usual rotation.

To get this number, I assumed a 6 tick DoT for Creeping Terror and Affliction on Bant's sheets. Then I modified the time usage for them to 13.125s..... Everything else was already in the code.. I just had to lower Lightning Strike usage to 0.... But that's how it should be anyway.

This is all theorycrafted work.. SO while the numbers are accurate, it doesn't mean the rotation is raid-viable. First you must never fail a DoT reapplication, or you can kiss goodbye the alacrity increase on your DoT's. Second, I don't know how these DoT's would react to DoT spread.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

I am missing something please enlighten me

I am a sorc and I figure to balance alacrity it's

Alacrity(x) - CritRate(Stat Budget - x)*CritMult

but this number always gets bigger

what am I missing?

Edited by Hatstandard

Well... I'm writing this for a few things.

First. Bent, your spreadsheet got ****ed up.. And I don't know why. For Madness, Demolish DoT DPS on the Output page is higher and more logical than the one on the Test Sheet page.. I haven't looked in what you changed, but it seems pretty weird.

Found the error: Accidentally hard coded "Melee" in F61 in Test Sheet (ability type)

I must have been testing something and didn't revert the change.

Second, about discovery... And your mistakes.. :p

Well.. Death Field costs 50 * 0.9 = 45.. Not 15.

Force Leech and Lightning Strike has 5% bonus crit chance from Disintegration..

You got a 5% running bonus Damamge on Lightning Strike I don't know why it is even still there.

Your APM for Madness isn't exactly right since you mostly clip Force Lightning, but it shouldn't affect the DPS at all considering implementation.

Alacrity is still poorly handled but that's normal :p

Rippling Force is not a DoT but Lightning Burns is ;) That's a mistake on Bioware side ;)

Your rotation in the notes here and the one on your spreadsheet aren't the same.

Lightning Strike shouldn't be used at all.. It's a 1 DPS increase for each Lightning Strike you replace by Force Lighting inside a 60s block.

1) Death Field: I include the 2 force regained for each stack used so the actual cost ends up being: [50 force]*0.9 -[2 force] * [15 stacks] = 15 force

2) You are right about the error with Disintigration, it is likely the reason the phantom 5% running damage appeared. Fixed it with force leech and lightning strike. No clue what happened there, my bad.

3) Correctly fixing the madness APM would be a pain. Luckly I can cheat. I used that empty activated abilities to use the ratio of Full channels to clipped channels (14 clip to 12 Full)

4) Grumble...grumble...alacrity.

5) When in doubt, Imperial rulez; Republic droolz (nope, no bias here at all)

6) They match for me; the rotation Ive been using (with clipping and all) has the two lightning strikes (per 90s block) there to allow me to clip two Force lightnings because it can't clip itself. The usage for force lightning is based on if they all were full channels (and thus did the full 4 ticks) and differs for that reason (its a work around).

Third... About alacrity clipped DoTs....

I know you don't use that kind of rotation since alacrity isn't supposed to work that way.. But it does so...

Clipping DoT's at the 15s mark is impossible.. Assuming 10% alacrity, the Polarity Shifted DoT's last 13.85s. The GCD lasts 1.36s. This means you will reapply with 209ms left on the DoT's if you reapply just before it fall off, at the 10th GCD mark. Any lag in the rotation would make it fall off. This means you must reapply every 9 GCD to keep the DoT's up without them falling off. This also mean the DoT's reapplication will be done sooner every time either of the DoT's conflicts with Demolish or Death Field. Force Leech can actually be moved by 1 GCD sooner or later since it's CD is only 12s. To make it so these reapplications won't clip the 6th tick, the DoT's must be faster than with just Polarity Shift. To make the roation possible, an Alacrity Adrenal is needed.

Once the opener is passed, the rotation is stable for 60 - 63 min before starting to run out of energy. By that point, the normal rotation must be assumed. Basically, this mean the rotation clipping DOT's at the 9th GCD mark is viable. It is also a 22 DPS increase over the usual rotation.

To get this number, I assumed a 6 tick DoT for Creeping Terror and Affliction on Bant's sheets. Then I modified the time usage for them to 13.125s..... Everything else was already in the code.. I just had to lower Lightning Strike usage to 0.... But that's how it should be anyway.

This is all theorycrafted work.. SO while the numbers are accurate, it doesn't mean the rotation is raid-viable. First you must never fail a DoT reapplication, or you can kiss goodbye the alacrity increase on your DoT's. Second, I don't know how these DoT's would react to DoT spread.

Because of the way I handle alacrity, I can't really justify using any of the rotational shortcuts that Polarity Shift can provide. I also dislike any of the unstable rotations that the Dot clipping method creates (personal bias).

I have no problem assuming perfection; thats easy, it is the natural unstableness of non-matching timers that gets to me.

I'm really not trying to shut you down here; I just don't have a good way to correctly handle these alacrity modified dots. (even my Affliction for Lightning is just a cheat, I added in a number until the number of ticks matched in-game results).

The best way would be to do a full simulation rather than my averaging estimate.

What we would need is Data to actually understand how everything fits together and someone willing to do that hard work to put it all together.

:D

I am missing something please enlighten me

I am a sorc and I figure to balance alacrity it's

Alacrity(x) - CritRate(Stat Budget - x)*CritMult

but this number always gets bigger

what am I missing?

Stat returns curves and the individual ability bonuses to critical and alacrity mainly.

From the first post:

DPS and HPS Calculation:

[DPS] = 1 / ( 0.7 / [Normal DPS] + 0.3 / [Execute DPS] )

[Normal DPS] = sum of all individual [Abilities DPS]

[Execute DPS] = sum of all individual [Abilities DPS] when sub 30%

[Ability DPS] =

( ( [Avg Mainhand Weapon Damage] x [1 + AmountModifierPercent] + [bonus Damage/Force/Tech/Heal] x [Coefficient] + [Avg StandardHealthPercent]*[base_DMG or Base_Heal] ) x [Accuracy %] + [Avg offhand Weapon Damage] x [1 + AmountModifierPercent] x [Offhand Accuracy] )

x ( 1 + [Ability Bonus Damage] + [Ability Active Damage] + [Debuff for F/T/M/R] + [Debuff for I/E])

x ( 1 + [Ability Damage Multipliers] )

x ( 1 + [Debuff for AOE] )

x ( 1 + [Execute Bonus Damage] )

x ( [# of Hits] )

x ( 1 + ( ( [Crit %] + [Ability Crit % bonus] ) + [Autocrit Proc Rate] / [Time Averaged Usage] ) x ( [Crit Bonus Damage] + [Ability Crit Damage Bonus] ) )

x ( 1 - 1 / ( 1 + ( ( 800 + 240 * [Level] ) / ( [Target Armor] x ( 1 - [Armor Debuff] ) x ( 1 - [Armor Penetration] ) ) ) ) )

x ( 1 + [Alacrity %] + [Average Alacrity % bonus] ) / [Time Averaged Usage]

Character Sheet Formulas can be found here: (Thanks Dipstik)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843004

Stat returns curves and the individual ability bonuses to critical and alacrity mainly.

From the first post:

DPS and HPS Calculation:

[DPS] = 1 / ( 0.7 / [Normal DPS] + 0.3 / [Execute DPS] )

[Normal DPS] = sum of all individual [Abilities DPS]

[Execute DPS] = sum of all individual [Abilities DPS] when sub 30%

[Ability DPS] =

( ( [Avg Mainhand Weapon Damage] x [1 + AmountModifierPercent] + [bonus Damage/Force/Tech/Heal] x [Coefficient] + [Avg StandardHealthPercent]*[base_DMG or Base_Heal] ) x [Accuracy %] + [Avg offhand Weapon Damage] x [1 + AmountModifierPercent] x [Offhand Accuracy] )

x ( 1 + [Ability Bonus Damage] + [Ability Active Damage] + [Debuff for F/T/M/R] + [Debuff for I/E])

x ( 1 + [Ability Damage Multipliers] )

x ( 1 + [Debuff for AOE] )

x ( 1 + [Execute Bonus Damage] )

x ( [# of Hits] )

x ( 1 + ( ( [Crit %] + [Ability Crit % bonus] ) + [Autocrit Proc Rate] / [Time Averaged Usage] ) x ( [Crit Bonus Damage] + [Ability Crit Damage Bonus] ) )

x ( 1 - 1 / ( 1 + ( ( 800 + 240 * [Level] ) / ( [Target Armor] x ( 1 - [Armor Debuff] ) x ( 1 - [Armor Penetration] ) ) ) ) )

x ( 1 + [Alacrity %] + [Average Alacrity % bonus] ) / [Time Averaged Usage]

Character Sheet Formulas can be found here: (Thanks Dipstik)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843004

this is my equation

30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( (( 959+350)/ 65 ) / 1.25 ) ) - 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( (411-350)/ 65) / 0.8 ) )*.6

the 350 part is what I modify and it basically always makes the equation go up

Found the error: Accidentally hard coded "Melee" in F61 in Test Sheet (ability type)

I must have been testing something and didn't revert the change.

:eek::p Happens..

1) Death Field: I include the 2 force regained for each stack used so the actual cost ends up being: [50 force]*0.9 -[2 force] * [15 stacks] = 15 force

Nice... Now I'm dumber than I was yesterday :p Due to how I think about SWTOR.. Simulation and all :p I separated both elements.

2) You are right about the error with Disintigration, it is likely the reason the phantom 5% running damage appeared. Fixed it with force leech and lightning strike. No clue what happened there, my bad.

Mistakes happen... Don't worry about it :p

3) Correctly fixing the madness APM would be a pain. Luckly I can cheat. I used that empty activated abilities to use the ratio of Full channels to clipped channels (14 clip to 12 Full)

Bah.... I would always use clipped channels. It's simpler for simulation logic than trying to check if not clipping it won't delay Demolish or Death Field or Creeping Terror or Affliction.

4) Grumble...grumble...alacrity.

:p

5) When in doubt, Imperial rulez; Republic droolz (nope, no bias here at all)

No bias... What is bias :p

6) They match for me; the rotation Ive been using (with clipping and all) has the two lightning strikes (per 90s block) there to allow me to clip two Force lightnings because it can't clip itself. The usage for force lightning is based on if they all were full channels (and thus did the full 4 ticks) and differs for that reason (its a work around).

But removing Lightning Strike altogether and just sidestepping after the third hit of Force Lightning before starting another Force Lightning result in a DPS increase. It's rather easy to do since the third hit happens 1.35s in the GCD. It's very small.. But it is still a DPS increase.

Because of the way I handle alacrity, I can't really justify using any of the rotational shortcuts that Polarity Shift can provide. I also dislike any of the unstable rotations that the Dot clipping method creates (personal bias).

I have no problem assuming perfection; thats easy, it is the natural unstableness of non-matching timers that gets to me.

The rotation is stable on a dummy. In raid situation, it is harder to use... And likely impossible on many bosses. And it is stable. Actually, I guess a 12s reapplication cycle would be viable. You would never come close to losing the DoT's. It would work with 15s timer of Demolish, Death Field and Force Leech. Only problem is it would raise the rotation costs... I'll try to check it further... Only other problems is, for a 12s reapplication, you must use an Alacrity Adrenal paired with Polarity Shift.... Or Supercharged Celerity. I'll check it further....

I'm really not trying to shut you down here; I just don't have a good way to correctly handle these alacrity modified dots. (even my Affliction for Lightning is just a cheat, I added in a number until the number of ticks matched in-game results).

The best way would be to do a full simulation rather than my averaging estimate.

I know :(

:D:p About that.. I checked Assault.. Just that.. And I'm discouraged... Nothing seems to make sense. As if the logs were logging the number not when they happens but when they receive server confirmation that this actually happened.... And that this confirmation was always randomly delayed by often up to 1 full second...

Carnage Assault... During Berserk and out of Berserk... I have one instance of Berserk Assault last hit landing after most non Berserk Assault.... That just doesn't make any sense!!!!

Edited by Ryuku-sama

The rotation is stable on a dummy. In raid situation, it is harder to use... And likely impossible on many bosses. And it is stable. Actually, I guess a 12s reapplication cycle would be viable. You would never come close to losing the DoT's. It would work with 15s timer of Demolish, Death Field and Force Leech. Only problem is it would raise the rotation costs... I'll try to check it further... Only other problems is, for a 12s reapplication, you must use an Alacrity Adrenal paired with Polarity Shift.... Or Supercharged Celerity. I'll check it further....

Update on a possible rotation for Madness built around using DoT's accelerated by Polarity Shift and an Alacrity Adrenal (or Supercharged Celerity)...

12s reapplication is stable.

It is almost impossible to fail the reapplication. The reapplication happens about 0.5s after the 6th tick so you have space to play around if needed. 12s doesn't interfere with 15s CD on Demolish, Death Field and Force Leech...

Only downside is the rotation is stable for about 20min. After that, you will need to revert to the 18s DoT application.

EDIT : Well... This is true for Supercherged Celerity. Using the adrenal is something else. The 12s reapplication with the Adrenal is only possible with 500 alacrity or less... More and you will clip too close to your 6th tick to be safe.. And at 625, you will clip before the 6th tick.

This also applies to the 13.5s... So it is actually less stable than I thought... I'll keep working on it.. Trying to find a sure way to optimize the clipping.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

What. A. Load. Of. ****.

I main an Engineering Sniper and this is hands down the worst rotation I've ever seen for it.

This is what I do (and also I haven't met anyone that was able to match me DPS wise, on equal gear.)

I open on Snipe. Simple as that.

Corrosive Dart > Explosive Probe > Snipe > Series of Shots > Plasma Probe > Interrogation Probe > EMP Discharge > Fragmentation Grenade > Series of Shots > Plasma Probe.

Once your energy hits about 50% and you've used one or both of your energy regens (Adrenaline Probe and the 4 piece set bonus Aquired Target) drop the snipe and replace with a basic attack (rifle shot). This keeps your Corrosive up all the time and you do much much more consistent dps. At full 220 gear you should reliably parse 5.8, 5.9k DPS for NiM, though it might be a close thing.

What. A. Load. Of. ****.

I main an Engineering Sniper and this is hands down the worst rotation I've ever seen for it.

This is what I do (and also I haven't met anyone that was able to match me DPS wise, on equal gear.)

Corrosive Dart > Explosive Probe > Snipe > Series of Shots > Plasma Probe > Interrogation Probe > EMP Discharge > Fragmentation Grenade > Series of Shots > Plasma Probe.

Once your energy hits about 50% and you've used one or both of your energy regens (Adrenaline Probe and the 4 piece set bonus Aquired Target) drop the snipe and replace with a basic attack (rifle shot). This keeps your Corrosive up all the time and you do much much more consistent dps. At full 220 gear you should reliably parse 5.8, 5.9k DPS for NiM, though it might be a close thing.

I think you should compare your numbers to these.

http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/all/engineering/1500000/all/live/0/

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/corruptor-zero/8/HM/dps/all/engineering/all/live/0/

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/grobthok/8/HM/dps/all/engineering/all/live/0/

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/torque/8/HM/dps/all/engineering/all/live/0/

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/the-underlurker/8/HM/dps/all/engineering/all/live/0/

What. A. Load. Of. ****.

Well if this is you maining an engineering sniper, i'm sorry to say but you're not exactly doing it right. Snipe is just absolutely useless for engineering, costs way too much energy for what it does and should never be used. Also no mention of orbital strike which is your hardest hitting filler, even on single target. I mean, research your own damn spec first. Also with full 220 gear i'm pretty sure you can get 6,4+ with engi so yeah.

What. A. Load. Of. ****.

1 more sniper I wouldn't want on a NiM team now.

Ultimate Exarch (224 ilvl), Highlighted Hardmode Gear

Ultimate Exarch (224 ilvl), Mastery Stim

Sorcerer - Lightning || Sage - Telekinetics

6469 DPS @ 49.1 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5393 Mastery (Stim) | 2940 Power

1324 Critical (6xE, 2xA, 2xC) | 847 Alacrity (2xE, 7xA) | 701 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

Thanks a heap for the guide. I'm applying your E, C & A allocation from your 224 pve mastery stim for 208 pvp (minus some of the weakest stat, and plus max expertise); but I feel competitive (its valor lvl 46 mind you, but just the same :))

Thanks for doing this, awesome work. What's the soft cap on critical rating? 1300~1400? I ask because these numbers can be used for PVP, albeit moving accuracy/alacrity over to critical rating

Since SWTOR patch 4.0, with suggested distribution of A, C & E on Exemplar gear items, can we assume you'd remove an augment from your lowest priority stat (-73), add an augment for whichever stat the guide says you should increase with crystals (+73, -82) and add 2 War Hero Crystals (+82 Expertise) to total 2018 Expertise?

E.g, Telekinetics Sage priorities are something like: Mastery > Power > Expertise > Critical (25%) > Alacrity > Accuracy

Therefore, -2 Crit Crystals, +2 Exp Crystals, -1 Acc Augment, +1 Crit Augment.

Assuming not much the diff between top tier pve and pvp gearing minus the existence of expertise and the uniform increasing of other stats to accommodate.

Edited by poyntz

Nice job. Now i finally know which tree is better :p

Well you cant actually say which tree is better. I dont even know which class you are referring :p

Becaus this List maximise singel-sustained-rarget dps but dont makes any asumption about target swapping or AOE or Burst Potential. So yes maybe [insert tree here] is better in this scenario but I'd like to say there are some bosses were other speccs can be better ;)

I'm relatively new to all of this and I sincerely don't understand how to interpret the gearing key that you put there. Like it doesn't mention slots or anything so I don't get it. Can anyone try and elaborate please?

It can kind of difficult to read to the people that just start the game. I'll try and explain, and start off with a little legenda:

The title mentions the gear obtained through the type of operation (Story Mode, Hard Mode, Nightmare Mode)

A = Augment

C = Crystal

E = Enhancement

If you open your character panel, you will see 14 pieces of gear around your character. All 14 pieces can be augmented. To do so, you need augmentation kits, augments, a load of credits and an item modification station (the latter to put the augmentation kit on the piece of gear).

Of the previous mentioned 14 pieces of gear, 9 can be modified with armourings, mods and enhancements; headpiece, chestpiece, gloves, bracers, belt, leggings, boots, mainhand and offhand. Of these 9, the belt and the bracers are not able to hold an enhancement. Furthermore, only the offhand and the mainhand are able to hold a crystal.

When the author of this guide mentions the following 5607 Endurance (2xC, Stim) | 2648 Defense | 1258 Shield (2xE, 12xA) | 1362 Absorb (8xE, 2xA), he mentions that with the stats Endurance you would need 2 crystals and a stim to achieve the health pool, Shield you would need 2 Enhancements and 12 Augments to achieve the 1258, and with the stat Absorb you would need 8 enhancements and 2 Augments to get the 1362. (The coloured line is an example) This coming from the Defiant, Storymode Gear.

I hope it makes a bit more sense now.

hey there,

unless I'm missing something, your tank spec shield values are not correct, and overestimate the actual stat you get from mentionned enhencement and augments for any given tier

I checked absorb, its correct, so the two added go over the actual tertiary stat budget.

We have a tertiary stat budget of:

216 gear: 2542

220 gear : 2622

224 gear : 2702

I also noticed the error is the same value for a given tier for all tank specs.

if I assume the Augment/Enhencement ratio is correct (since absorb amount is coherent with the mentionned E/A ratio), then your shield value are too high by :

216 - 78

220 - 84

224- 88

Its not a % as they all use different amount so I'm a bit puzzled at how it got there.

I noticed this as I came to this thread to fine tune my Immortal juggernaut 220 gear :)

hey there,

unless I'm missing something, your tank spec shield values are not correct, ...

You've forgotten the relic. Here is an example of all stats:

Exarch (220), Hardmode Gear

Increased Health: Juggernaut - Immortal || Guardian - Defence

Note: B Mods used with Relics of Reactive Warding and Serendipitous Assault

Average Damage Profile: 73.2% Reduction (1608 DtPS)

78278 HP | 6165 Endurance (2xC, Stim) | 2517 Defense | 1308 Shield (7xE, 2xA) | 1356 Absorb (3xE, 12xA)

Health:

12775 (Base - All tanks have the same)

64728 (Endurance)

775 (Skills/Buffs - e.g. companion quest)

-----

78278 (Total)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Endurance:

1521 (9x169 Armor)

1359 (9x151 B-Mods)

693 (7x99 Enhancements)

1134 (3x378 Ear/2xImp)

177 (1x193 Relic of Serendipitous Assault)

218 (1x198 Stim)

82 (2x41 Crystal)

57 (Datacrons)

630 (Base - All tanks have the same)

-----

*1,05 (Buff)

-----

6165 (Total)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense:

891 (9x99 B-Mods)

770 (7x110 Enhancements)

693 (3x231 Ear/Imp/Imp)

73 (1x73 Relic of Reactive Warding)

90 (1x81 Stim)

-----

2517 (Total)

Shield:

1120 (7x160 Enhancements/Ear/Imp)

146 (2x73 Augments)

42 (1x42 Relic of Reactive Warding)

-----

1308 (Total)

Absorb:

480 (3x160 Enhancements/Ear/Imp)

876 (12x73 Augments)

-----

1356 (Total)