Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

Goblin_Lackey

OK, you've really got me confused about tank gearing (and some others that I've talked to that have read your guide). The stats you list for Defense seem off to me. From everything I've ever read about Tank gearing, I should be using lettered mods. However, when I have all lettered mods and BIS enhancements for a given level (216, 220, etc...), I'm nowhere near the level of defense you have listed.

One thing I've noticed, too, is that the defense stats for a tank at a given level match the power stats for DPS/Heals. For example, in 220s, all DPS/Heals have 2779 Power, and all Tanks have 2779 Defense. This implies to me that I should be using the unlettered token mods for my Tank. But again, everything I've ever read about tank gearing has said to used lettered mods.

Could you please clarify on this, as a tank, should I be using unlettered mods?

Edited by theJudeAbides

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've noticed, too, is that the defense stats for a tank at a given level match the power stats for DPS/Heals. For example, in 220s, all DPS/Heals have 2779 Power, and all Tanks have 2779 Defense. This implies to me that I should be using the unlettered token mods for my Tank. But again, everything I've ever read about tank gearing has said to used lettered mods.

Could you please clarify on this, as a tank, should I be using unlettered mods?

Each "Tanks vs. Dmg profiles" section has two lists of stats for each tank class. One list uses token mods, the other uses commendation mods for more health. It seems that you have only been looking at the former.

Hope you can help me with my bracers. Ever since 4.0, I've been using blue unmoddable bracers (200 rating) because they are bugged and have too high stats. Back when I was at 216/220 item rating, they were better than moddable gear but now that I have 224 gear, I am not sure which is better. This is for a Scoundrel healer by the way, with the other gear being BiS 224.

Outlander Mender's Bracers MK-5

+300 Endurance

+245 Mastery

+146 Power

+123 Critical Rating

Advanced Versatile Armoring 44 + Advanced Lethal Mod 44

+275 Endurance

+335 Mastery

+128 Power

When going from the 224 mods to the blue bracers, the stats change as follows:

−68 Armor Rating

−90 Mastery

+25 Endurance

+18 Power

+123 Critical Rating

Being a healer, I ignore Armor Rating and Endurance. For simplicity, I then treat Power identical to Mastery and I am left with:

−72 Mastery

+123 Critical Rating

So my question to the theory crafters is: Are those 72 Mastery better than 123 Critical Rating? I am already at 1,500 Critical Rating, so pretty high in the DR. Those 123 Crit make me go from 40.18% crit chance to 40.91%.

Any input would be appreciated. I have a feeling that it's now time to ditch the blue bracers and put on 224 gear but I would like to hear other opinions first.

By the way, this bug is also present in the bracers of the other healing classes, except they have 123 Alacrity instead of 123 Critical Rating (Outlander Force-Healer's Cuffs MK-5 and Outlander Med-Tech's Vambraces MK-5).

So a follow-up question would be if +123 Alacrity is better than +123 Critical Rating.

Edited by Jerba

I'm pretty sure the blue bracers are better. Where do you get them from?

I've seen them drop in Star Fortress solo mode and from tactical flashpoints. The bosses drop the gear for your class, so to get them you either have to be a Operative/Scoundrel, Sorc/Sage or Merc/Commando, or be in a group with such a class.

At first, I thought BioWare would hotfix them but they've remained broken for so long now that I don't think they'll be fixed anytime soon.

Edited by Jerba

Hope you can help me with my bracers. Ever since 4.0, I've been using blue unmoddable bracers (200 rating) because they are bugged and have too high stats. Back when I was at 216/220 item rating, they were better than moddable gear but now that I have 224 gear, I am not sure which is better. This is for a Scoundrel healer by the way, with the other gear being BiS 224.

+300 Endurance

+245 Mastery

+146 Power

+123 Critical Rating

Advanced Versatile Armoring 44 + Advanced Lethal Mod 44

+275 Endurance

+335 Mastery

+128 Power

When going from the 224 mods to the blue bracers, the stats change as follows:

−68 Armor Rating

−90 Mastery

+25 Endurance

+18 Power

+123 Critical Rating

Being a healer, I ignore Armor Rating and Endurance. For simplicity, I then treat Power identical to Mastery and I am left with:

−72 Mastery

+123 Critical Rating

So my question to the theory crafters is: Are those 72 Mastery better than 123 Critical Rating? I am already at 1,500 Critical Rating, so pretty high in the DR. Those 123 Crit make me go from 40.18% crit chance to 40.91%.

Any input would be appreciated. I have a feeling that it's now time to ditch the blue bracers and put on 224 gear but I would like to hear other opinions first.

By the way, this bug is also present in the bracers of the other healing classes, except they have 123 Alacrity instead of 123 Critical Rating (Outlander Force-Healer's Cuffs MK-5 and Outlander Med-Tech's Vambraces MK-5).

So a follow-up question would be if +123 Alacrity is better than +123 Critical Rating.

Really?

I had no Idea that these even existed. (And completely agree with you that they shouldn't exist either)

I even did a double take and had to go do some research to check if they actually existed. (spoiler: they do)

It looks like someone just did a copy and paste of the other ilvl 200 prototype head/chest/gloves/pants/boots and didn't do enough quality control to catch it.

This is heads and shoulders better than the equivalent 224 armoring + mod (excluding set bonus).

Put a Mastery Augment in there and compare it to the equivalently augmented bracers and suddenly the difference becomes even more obvious on which is better:

Outlander Mender's Bracers MK-5 + Advanced Versatile Augment 40

+348 Endurance

+318 Mastery

+146 Power

+123 Critical Rating

Versus

Advanced Versatile Armoring 44 + Advanced Lethal Mod 44 + Advanced Critical Augment 40

+318 Endurance

+335 Mastery

+128 Power

+73 Critical

Its not even close.

That blue, modifiable, 200 gear is much better than the 224 gear. Add in the fact that it also comes in Alacrity flavor makes it even more so.

I don't really want get into fully checking how it changes the stat distribution for every class(mainly because including it would break my existing modular code);

But I can say that it will keep it at the same stat ratios. If anything, I would suggest throwing a a Versatile Augment into these bracers to balance out the mastery loss

I hate to say it, but the following Flashpoint drop Bracers are currently BIS rather than 224 Token gear.

Outlander Force-Healer's Cuffs MK-5

Outlander Med-Tech's Vambraces MK-5

(just make sure to keep a 6 set in the other 6 pieces)

Now I know why Bioware made 224 guaranteed drop in Nightmare, the best gear was always in flashpoints anyway!

Ontopic, I thought the items with weird stats were supposed to be fixed in the 4.0.1 patch?

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10272015/game-update-4.0.1

Edit: Nevermind, patch only lists MK-6 items, not MK-5

Edited by RikuvonDrake

That blue, modifiable, 200 gear is much better than the 224 gear. Add in the fact that it also comes in Alacrity flavor makes it even more so.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. Now I can stop worrying what is better and keep wearing the blue 200s.

Who knows, hopefully BioWare will fix it now. I already have the 224 bracers in my inventory ready to swap out once they do. :)

Edited by Jerba

Nice, lol.... so where do those MK-5 blue 200 drop from ? I havent done a flashpoint since 4.0 hit...

They are a possible drop from any tactical FP boss (except the final one), if you are playing a Sage/Sorcerer/Scoundrel/Operative/Commando/Mercenary (i.e. you need to be an AC that has a healer spec). They are BoP. My Scoundrel and Sage DPS rock them and the only reason my other possible characters don't is because I haven't seen them drop for them yet.

Funny, I was going through my armor spreadsheet and finally decided to come over to ask about these bracers, then saw it on the very last page. Good to have an answer!

Edited by KhirsahRoshah

Has anyone done the math for tanks stacking the old 198 2-piece set bonus with the current 4-piece set bonus?

On my sin tank, the 198 2-piece stacks with the current 2-piece to give a total of 2+2 = 4% damage reduction for 3 seconds every time I use Wither. It's what I'm currently running. I have no math to back me up, however, so I wonder if it actually is better to keep this extra damage reduction (which applies to I/E damage as well) at the cost of the endurance, armor and mastery that 220 or 224 armorings would otherwise provide. That and the current 6-piece set bonus for Deflection. I'd think the 6-piece only situationally useful, but would be happy to know if I'm wrong.

If it matters, I'm currently sitting at 86k HP with the two 198 armorings, using 220 comm ear/ implants, 220B mods, and some 220 Bastion/Bulwark enhancements mixed with 224 token enhancements.

Has anyone done the math for tanks stacking the old 198 2-piece set bonus with the current 4-piece set bonus?

On my sin tank, the 198 2-piece stacks with the current 2-piece to give a total of 2+2 = 4% damage reduction for 3 seconds every time I use Wither. It's what I'm currently running. I have no math to back me up, however, so I wonder if it actually is better to keep this extra damage reduction (which applies to I/E damage as well) at the cost of the endurance, armor and mastery that 220 or 224 armorings would otherwise provide. That and the current 6-piece set bonus for Deflection. I'd think the 6-piece only situationally useful, but would be happy to know if I'm wrong.

If it matters, I'm currently sitting at 86k HP with the two 198 armorings, using 220 comm ear/ implants, 220B mods, and some 220 Bastion/Bulwark enhancements mixed with 224 token enhancements.

That would depend on whether you are gearing to survive spike damage or just to have higher average mitigation.

In my opinion, the decrease in constant damage reduction from losing 2x224 armorings is not worth it. Wither comes off cooldown every 10 seconds, so assuming you use Wither on cooldown (not possible for the many bosses that involve kiting and tank swapping) you would only have that +4% damage reduction roughly a third of the time. You could try delaying Wither so you have the proc up for certain predictable spikes, but I wouldn't recommend it.

according to my calcs (losing 104 armor rating and gaining 2% overall damage reduction, for a boss with 60% melee/ranged, 30% force/tech and 10% internal/elemental) i see 1517 dtps with the old set bonus instead of 1561.7 for the new set bonus. this assumes 6k dps boss.

Hi, the stats from the new accuracy stim (Advanced Polybiotic Proficiency Stim) can be seen in the Torcommunity database. Apparently it gives 218 Accuracy and 90 Critical Rating.

So, I checked the options and you can apparently swap out 3 Augments or 1 Enhancement and 1 Augment to gain Crit or Alacrity.

The former leaves you with 1 Stim, 2 Enhancements and 2 Augments equalling 700 Accuracy. (218+168+168+73+73)

The latter leaves you with 1 Stim, 1 Enhancements and 4 Augments equalling 678 Accuracy. (218+168+73+73+73+73)

So it still doesn't solve the issue of whether or not it's worth going below 100% Accuracy and gain 22 stat points but risk missing a vital ability.

But If I were to swap out 3 Augments, should I take Crit or Alacrity instead? Or does it depend on the spec in question?

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Misses are a legend.

Did KP HM with Merc with 105.x accuracy and never missed 1 hit the whole run.

I intentionally used a crit enh instead of an acc 1 and surprise: DPs was higher.

They are not.. Running 101% accuracy due to PvP gear until I get my energy management down enough to do some Ops..... I missed 3 Energy Burst in a row.. I can let you imagine how hard this tanked my energy management.

Misses are a legend.

Did KP HM with Merc with 105.x accuracy and never missed 1 hit the whole run.

I intentionally used a crit enh instead of an acc 1 and surprise: DPs was higher.

Until your interrupt misses on Draxus. Or the lightning adds resist your knockback on Styrak. Then the whole group dies.

Until your interrupt misses on Draxus. Or the lightning adds resist your knockback on Styrak. Then the whole group dies.

This. Progression is about consistency and removing RNG through tuned execution and reactions.

Also there are some classes where misses actually destroy their rotation. Any DoT class is a good example, but particularly Virulence (where things get offset) and Lethality (where energy tanks hard).

But If I were to swap out 3 Augments, should I take Crit or Alacrity instead? Or does it depend on the spec in question?

This is the million dollar question. DPS have possibly gained 218 to the tertiary stat pool with this patch, being able to replace the old mandatory Mastery with Crit or Alacrity, not to mention the free additional Critical Rating being added on to relics(88 total at 224 levels).

Edited by OMGITSJAD