Get Converted! (Fallen Empire Conversion Rate Info)

EricMusco

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By all means, full-bore snark. This game has/had (as of tomorrow) way too much system mastery requirements, idiotic secrecy for the sake of secrecy, and not enough documentation. You shouldn't have to go to 3rd party sites for important game concepts

Seriously do gamers have to have everything spoon fed to them now? Where's the fun in learning the intricacies of some things? Where did that go?

Why does every little nice quirk have to be removed to pave the way to essentially turning a video game into, well, just a video. Next you'll want someone to play it for you because it is too hard still.

I do worry about how far downhill some games will go to cater to everyone. I'm so glad some games still have some challenge (and Easter eggs). Heck, I suppose we'll start getting tutorials on how to click the mailbox if this continues. :(:(:(

Oh I see ... sorry for last post. I understand now. I am all for variety, the thing is, the magenta crystal is irrelevant now.

The difficulty / specialness is taken away now, as well as the usefulness. There are quite a few pink combo sabers that look better. There must be 6 or 7 that are very close to magenta.

Actually, it was one of the few craftable crystals, that you had to earn the schematic in an Operation, and then do a little mini run of the galaxy to get the crafting materials - and looks better than the CM pink / magenta crystals.

Seriously do gamers have to have everything spoon fed to them now? Where's the fun in learning the intricacies of some things? Where did that go?

We grew up, got a real career, had kids, and ran out of time to do all that?

The gamers who grew up on Nintendo remember a term called "Nintendo Hard". Games used to be hours and hours and hours of challenge, just to get past one thing. Super Mario World on SNES was the first "easier" Nintendo game I recall, I actually beat that game and did much of the side missions. I never finished any of the three Super Mario games on the NES, they were simply too hard. Mario 64 was even easier on the N64.

This is where games have gone, the kids grew up, got full time jobs, got married, and had kids of their own.

Many of us don't want to sit down for 4 hours to figure out some obscure thing, we just want to have a good time and relax. We want to "feel challenged" without actually "being challenged". Make us the hero, feel heroic, and win. We are now older, being in our 40s, we have less time than we used to, but lots of disposable income.

Just speaking for myself of course, but I'm a former NES gamer who is now in his 40's, who just wants to sit down and have a good time and feel challenged, but know that in the end, the outcome is never really in doubt, I'm going to win.

If you want a real challenge, try being married with children. :)

I was crafting Magenta long before most of those colors. Some of the black-whatevers were available from events, but not directly.
But your point wasn't about crafting, just simply having:
It was the only way to get a crystal that wasn't one of 3 or 4 colors.

You could not get a red crystal republic side.
Uh, I think:
your memory is slipping :)
Red could be gotten on the Republic side. That restriction did not exist. There was an alignment restriction where you needed to be at least Dark 1 to use a red crystal, but you could be Dark 1+ as a Republic player or an Imperial player.

Magenta was LONG before purple
Uh, noooooo..... No no no and no... First, they were both available when the game released, so I hope you're not talking about things in that regard. Also, Purple was columi, and it could come from offhands (pistols and lightsabers, at least), so it was being found/used a lot more often than Magenta. Also, as someone has mentioned, the Magenta schematic itself is hard enough to get, let alone even knowing how to get the materials. Also, a group of four geared players was needed for the force ghost on Ilum anyway.

Why does every little nice quirk have to be removed to pave the way to essentially turning a video game into, well, just a video. Next you'll want someone to play it for you because it is too hard still.

I do worry about how far downhill some games will go to cater to everyone. I'm so glad some games still have some challenge (and Easter eggs). Heck, I suppose we'll start getting tutorials on how to click the mailbox if this continues. :(:(:(

The whole thing reeked of tedious grind - you had to farm mobs on Corellia until the RNG smiled on you, then every time you want to run off another copy, you have to do a multistep fetch quest across, what, 3 planets. I'd be OK with having the Schematic be the reward for the fetch quest. But a million-to-one shot as a drop befor eyou can even do the fetch quest? Seriously?

The whole thing reeked of tedious grind - you had to farm mobs on Corellia until the RNG smiled on you, then every time you want to run off another copy, you have to do a multistep fetch quest across, what, 3 planets. I'd be OK with having the Schematic be the reward for the fetch quest. But a million-to-one shot as a drop befor eyou can even do the fetch quest? Seriously?

Every mmo ever?

"All old Operation Gear tokens will be changed into a lockbox which contains Glowing Data Crystals."

I have a near complete set of 192 Resurrected gear tokens that I've been saving for post 4.0 to use on a new level 60. I haven't been able to find any consensus about Resurrected tokens. Are they now considered "old" along with every other token? Perhaps I should just go ahead and buy the set I want now for an insta-60. Any thoughts?

So, what will happen to unlocked stronghold decoration utility items that have been removed from the game? For instance, a number of artifact and crystal crafting materials are being converted - and thus it would stand to reason that the decoration utility for those materials would be converted too, meaning if a player has 10 of the soon-to-be-removed items unlocked, they'd be losing ~2000 prestige in said conversion.

Is that an accurate assumption? Will the converted crafting materials result in a loss to prestige as their associated utility decorations are converted? Having gone through the effort to unlock all of them, I'm not exactly looking forward to the loss of prestige (not to mention the credit investment, but nothing to be done about that...)

It was cool.:cool:

It made it rare.:sy_inventory:

It sold for a decent amount of credits.:sy_auction:

So it was a cool unique vanity that made me credits.

Now it's merely cool.

Its "Magenta Vehemance Crystal" for power

Hawkeye are cartel crystals

Tell that to my Advanced Red Hawkeye Crystal, Advanced Purple Hawkeye crystal, Advanced Yellow Hawkeye crystal, Advanced Green hawkeye Crystal and Advanced Blue Hawkeye crystal. None of those are cartel market.

They will probably make releasing patch notes one of the last things that they do today before they head out the door. that way they wont be expected to be there to answer any of the questions that are brought about when they are posted and people have had a chance to read through them.

More like they wanted to reduce the odds of people trying to profit on the conversion. Many devs release major update information much closer to the date it'll be released these days, primarily to reduce speculative markets and the chance for part of the playerbase to gain a possibly "unfair" advantage.

Also, as a former producer, part of it is because they're working to get as much into the update as possible, and it's someone (or many someones) job to consolidate all of those changes into an overall working document, and more often than not, they have other important responsibilities they're managing as well. Further, things change pretty rapidly, so I'm pretty certain that the "patch notes" for KotFE one month ago looked very different than those that we got today. It's part of the development process.

"All old Operation Gear tokens will be changed into a lockbox which contains Glowing Data Crystals."

I have a near complete set of 192 Resurrected gear tokens that I've been saving for post 4.0 to use on a new level 60. I haven't been able to find any consensus about Resurrected tokens. Are they now considered "old" along with every other token? Perhaps I should just go ahead and buy the set I want now for an insta-60. Any thoughts?

My guess would be to go ahead and grab them tonight, they're likely to get ganked by Bioware otherwise.

Tell that to my Advanced Red Hawkeye Crystal, Advanced Purple Hawkeye crystal, Advanced Yellow Hawkeye crystal, Advanced Green hawkeye Crystal and Advanced Blue Hawkeye crystal. None of those are cartel market.

Holy hell.

That's what I get for being all pissy and posting when I can't login.

I went and looked at my schematics, and lo and behold... I was wrong, The Magenta are in fact called Vehemance, but I do, in fact craft non cartel Hawkeyes.

/Sorry

The corelia drop was boned. I am going to say in advance, I am actually having trouble remembering, so don't smack me down if I get the wrong bosses... But I got mine from SOA and the belsavis world boss. (I think - it was quite awhile ago)

It was actually a group activity for us. We would get 8 people or so, do the whole run, and have a good stack of crystals when we were done.

Mining the other crystals was no more irritating than other resource gathering, it was just limited to one planet.

That's what made it SPECIAL.

I feel the same way about Starfighter, I wish they would just delete that ****.

I could get mad that I am never going to get 100% legacy and demand starfighter be made easier.

But I am not. It is other peoples game. I can't get mad at the folks who enjoy it.

I just deal with the fact that there are some things I am not good at, and I won't be getting the ribbon for it.

Magenta crystal is the same thing. Difference, what had made it special is gone.

I want something just to show I did it, that it WAS hard, even if it isn't anymore.

I want something just to show I did it, that it WAS hard, even if it isn't anymore.

It wasn't hard. Hard is that @#$% Endurance 'cron on Makeb. Hard is getting Wings of the Architect. Killing a world boss isn't (wasn't) hard (except in the sense that you had to get together a posse, which can be quite hard on some servers), and following a fetch quest without pointers is hard only in the sense of Nintendo Hard. There's no skill involved, only blind luck or a walkthrough.

I'll grant it this - it's less pointless than the various "camp spawns until the rare respawn happens to come up." The CZ speeder and the Rishi crons come to mind, I'm sure there are others.