Get Converted! (Fallen Empire Conversion Rate Info)

EricMusco

Thanks, Eric, for listing these totally unnecessary changes that are completely useless. You guys are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nobody asked for these changes. That you put so much time, effort, and resources into skewering crafting the way you have is just terribly disappointing. There is so much good you could have done with that time.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWG had the ability to craft and make unique items. You could put stuff together in ways that was far more special than in SWTOR.

In this game, more or less, everyone can craft everything, nothing is really rare, and everyone more or less can do all the same stuff.

That is the difference between a themepark MMO and a sandbox MMO (well, one of the differences).

What you probably want is a sandbox MMO that lets you actually create new stuff, craft unique stuff, run a store, and do stuff that is different that the masses.

SWTOR isn't that game.

I wouldn't mind SWTOR if the combat system didn't suck. Unfortunately, since it does, I'm stuck between enjoying the lore/story/characters/planets and disliking the vast majority of the actual mechanics of the game.

Thanks, Eric, for listing these totally unnecessary changes that are completely useless. You guys are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nobody asked for these changes.
Don't presume to know what the community wants or asked for when you haven't had the care to look. This information was asked for, and your opinion was not.

The system did need to be changed. It was not intuitive, it was downright stupid. Gathering materials go from Grade 1 to 6, then jump to 9, then jump to 11. You're telling me that makes sense?

Edited by idnewton

Thanks, Eric, for listing these totally unnecessary changes that are completely useless. You guys are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nobody asked for these changes. That you put so much time, effort, and resources into skewering crafting the way you have is just terribly disappointing. There is so much good you could have done with that time.

Just to provide a counter point... a lot of this was just redundant stuff... 2 metals and 2 compounds per grade was just fluff, filler...

The only thing is, this probably should have been done for 3.0, rather than now. As it stands, this will clean up inventories nicely, it reduces clutter, should actually help the game run faster (a lot less things to keep track of), and it removes the annoying rare items that sometimes are expensive and sometimes are trash, depending on the week.

Either go full bore "rare crafting items" and allow interesting things to be made, or drop it completely.

A whole lot of people don't care.

But I found "the secret" paging through TOR Fashion looking at crystal previews. If it's on one of the most popular 3rd party sites, it's not a secret.

Seriously, Easter Egg secret game design became irrelevant in the early 2000s, it just took a while for game designers to realize it. I don't mind puzzle mechanics in my games, but "secret" puzzle mechanics that are only secret once? It's enough that the schematic is hard to get, the rest of it is just a stupidly tedious waste of time. Datacrons are pretty close to that, but at least you only will have to do them once now.

If you make the choice to look up game secrets instead of trying to find them yourself, you bring that issue upon yourself. A lot of players do enjoy trying to solve these mysteries on their own. You cannot complain that the secret is ruined once someone discovers it when you chose to look up that information.

From a thread on Dulfy:

This fixes a big issue every crafter has but doesn't normally ***** about. You craft 10 things that need 2 of mat A and 2 of mat B, then crunch em all up for Augment slot parts, and you end up getting 10 of Mat A and 2 of Mat B....repeat this 50 times with similar results and suddenly you have a mountain of Mat A and a handful of Mat B, but when farming, they drop in equal measure, leaving you always having to buy piles of just Mat B. It sucks. I am glad its all one material now.

A lot of players do enjoy trying to solve these mysteries on their own.

Honestly, I don't agree with this statement...

It might have been true 20 years ago, but the nature and face of gaming has changed in that time as it has come to the masses.

Yes, there are people today who enjoy it, there always will be, but I think they are in the minority.

Of course that is just my opinion, as your viewpoint is yours, but that is what I believe.

If you make the choice to look up game secrets instead of trying to find them yourself, you bring that issue upon yourself. A lot of players do enjoy trying to solve these mysteries on their own. You cannot complain that the secret is ruined once someone discovers it when you chose to look up that information.

If you had to do it one-and-done, the way you have to do things for a datacron puzzle; or if you had to do the puzzle once to get the schematic, I could live with that. It's not great game design, but it's not awful, either. Doing a multi-step fetch quest that you have to repeat each time to get a material is just wasting everyone's time and effort. It's not a secret to you once you figure it out; and the internet is there to let people find out about it the first time, so it's even a bit of a waste of time that first time.

For the record, I think some of the datacron "quests" are pointless exercises in RNG and timewasting, but, again, you only have to do them once, or at worst, once per character.

Before I jump into the giant list, here are some other notes:

• All Droid gear will be changed to a "Valuable Droid Part" which you can sell to vendors for credits.

It’s probably far too late, but I’ll throw it out there anyway …

If I understand correctly, the Devoted Allies gear sets are going to be converted to Legacy sets wearable by the mains. So…

What about the Devoted Allies Droid Gear sets? Any chance these can be converted to a different, usable Legacy set? That is, convert the Assault Droid to Assault, the Defense Droid sets to Defense.

Edited by DocDAM

Hi Devs. First I want to thank you, I am looking forward to these changes, I know some aren't and give you guys a hard time, but as a programmer and someone who has worked in customer service myself I understand to an extent how hard you guys work to deliver a product like this, so again thank you.

I have a question though, I have 29 Rakkatta energy in my bank for example, so 27 will get converted, what will happen to the remaining 2 are we just out them? I'm okay with it if we are but I hope to know if I should run an Eternity Vault real quick.

Not a fan. Cool, obscure, special crystals (and the means to get them) are something this game needed more of. I do not approve of you taking those things out, or the unusual means to get them, and you ought to know it.

Seconded. That was the most fun I had at launch was figuring out how to make the pink crystal. I have a stock of the Adegan crystals, I am going to be pissed when they turn into <random ********mat43837662>

Seconded. That was the most fun I had at launch was figuring out how to make the pink crystal. I have a stock of the Adegan crystals, I am going to be pissed when they turn into <random ********mat43837662>

How much fun did you have getting the mats for the second crystal you made?

so do i need to pull all the augments out of my hk gear before you just convert it to vendor tokens?

with every little bit of info I get concerning 4.0, I become more and more skeptical that thought everything out to its most logical conclusion. I sense the fail is strong in this one...

I have a few droids fully augmented. Will the MK-10 Augments be lost then? Will they add to the sell back value? I guess I can strip them out. That's going to be pricey. It would be nice to know how this is being handled. It would have been better if this was posted sooner.

You expected anything different from BW:A?

I'll be surprised if there aren't a handful of normal items on PCs that don't get accidentally "converted".

How much fun did you have getting the mats for the second crystal you made?

LOTS! The champion you have to fight was always a group effort. There were 2 of us in our group that had schematics, we would group up and get as many shock frozen water as we could.

I was excited about level sync, as it would actually be a challenge again.

The CM market killed crystals anyway, so meh for doing it, but I liked having the stuff and having a few pink crystals around.

Whatever, I let it go after a bout of initial disappointment. Games change, usually to cater to the twitter generation. I sometimes forget that to play AAA titles now a days requires a lowering of attention span.

I am over it :p

Honestly, I don't agree with this statement...

It might have been true 20 years ago, but the nature and face of gaming has changed in that time as it has come to the masses.

Yes, there are people today who enjoy it, there always will be, but I think they are in the minority.

Of course that is just my opinion, as your viewpoint is yours, but that is what I believe.

Are you trying to tell me that the gaming community prefers to be spoonfed rather than figure things out on their own? Well, you sure won't get any disagreement from me. My point isn't that players don't want to be spoonfed, it's that they shouldn't want to be spoonfed. There's something to be said for intelligence, and for applying it. Maybe the gaming community does prefer to be spoonfed now, but that doesn't mean I won't continue to debate against the idea as much as I can. I will never support laziness or stupidity.

Really? Because it doesn't sound like a whole lot of people know how to get the Magenta crystal, or even that it exists.

Because it is irrelevant now, Has been for some time. I bet most of people who play now, weren't playing then.

We were all spying on each other, following people around, exploring for clues, It was crazy fun.

It wasn't needed to progress anywhere.

It was the only way to get a crystal that wasn't one of 3 or 4 colors.

I haven't crafted one in years, however I didn't care that it didn't matter anymore. But now, if it can still be crafted, it will be from random drop junk, and the only difficulty will be in getting the schematic, which is just run of the mill kill x billion mobs.

Id rather they took the whole thing away and gave us a decoration and a title.

Because it is irrelevant now, Has been for some time. I bet most of people who play now, weren't playing then.

We were all spying on each other, following people around, exploring for clues, It was crazy fun.

It wasn't needed to progress anywhere.

I haven't crafted one in years, however I didn't care that it didn't matter anymore. But now, if it can still be crafted, it will be from random drop junk, and the only difficulty will be in getting the schematic, which is just run of the mill kill x billion mobs.

See, I'd rather they have put the schematic on the quest chain, instead of in the hands of RNGod.

I agree. Removing these as well as the method for collecting these mats is a really bad move. And I for one don't appreciate it either. I've been gunning for the Magenta Hawkeye schematic for months. And in the meantime, I've spent countless hours collecting these mats listed above. Guess I've wasted my time.

Its "Magenta Vehemance Crystal" for power

Hawkeye are cartel crystals

A decent number of launch-ish players still play, myself included.

There were still a decent number of lightsaber crystals at that time. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Cyan, White, Black-Yellow, Black-Green, Razer Black-Green, Black-Blue, Black-Red. That was all before 1.2. 1.2 added at least Black-Orange and Black-Purple, and possibly others as well. Obviously I've excluded Magenta from the list, and I've also excluded Black-White from the list as it's been rumored and "confirmed" for the longest time but I don't know if it's ever been officially confirmed (supposedly for Devs who retired after working on SWTOR). I'm also obviously excluding crystals which may have been in the code at the time but weren't obtainable (because duh).
Yeah, who needs variety when everything can just be slapped into the same uniform system. Well, if you ever lose interest in SWTOR, you could always look into communism. :D Edited by idnewton

so do i need to pull all the augments out of my hk gear before you just convert it to vendor tokens?

If you want to keep them, probably then yes you should...

But then I'd ask why? What purpose does a no longer BiS augment serve in 4.0?...

You're going to spend nearly 12k credits pulling each one, to then do what with?

A decent number of launch-ish players still play, myself included.

There were still a decent number of lightsaber crystals at that time. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Cyan, White, Black-Yellow, Black-Green, Razer Black-Green, Black-Blue, Black-Red. That was all before 1.2. 1.2 added at least Black-Orange and Black-Purple, and possibly others as well. Obviously I've excluded Magenta from the list, and I've also excluded Black-White from the list as it's been rumored and "confirmed" for the longest time but I don't know if it's ever been officially confirmed (supposedly for Devs who retired after working on SWTOR). I'm also obviously excluding crystals which may have been in the code at the time but weren't obtainable (because duh).Yeah, who needs variety when everything can just be slapped into the same uniform system. Well, if you ever lose interest in SWTOR, you could always look into communism. :D

I don't think you understand my viewpoint....

I was crafting Magenta long before most of those colors. Some of the black-whatevers were available from events, but not directly.

You could not get a red crystal republic side.

Magenta was LONG before purple.... your memory is slipping :) The first purple was in ops gear. You had to win the right piece, then an extra one to pull the purple crystal. And it was bound.

Your communism comment.. baffles me. Completely. You should re read my posts, you seem to have gotten a 180 impression.

Yeah, who needs variety when everything can just be slapped into the same uniform system. Well, if you ever lose interest in SWTOR, you could always look into communism. :D

Oh I see ... sorry for last post. I understand now. I am all for variety, the thing is, the magenta crystal is irrelevant now.

The difficulty / specialness is taken away now, as well as the usefulness. There are quite a few pink combo sabers that look better. There must be 6 or 7 that are very close to magenta.

Rather than have it crafted by anyone who spends 230 hours farming corellia, just remove it completely, not make everyone be the same, but to distinguish the people from the beginning time who had the fun and figured out the puzzles. A conversation piece in your stronghold, a title people can ask about.

No one is going notice your pink crystal is a slightly different shade and ask about it..

pristine adegan crystal <1:1> red polychromic crystal

rough magenta crystal shard <1:1> red polychromic crystal

magenta adegan crystal <1:1> red polychromic crystal

whaTS HAPPENING TO MAGENTA SCHEMATICS ERIC OMG DONT TAKE THE PINK AWAY PANIC :jawa_eek:

Edited by Kiesu