Conquest Changes in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

So, what can be done to make Conquests fun? People say they want better rewards, but that sort of imply that in and of itself the Conquest is not particularly cool.

Basically, my two points of contact with Conquest is selling low-level mats as I level to get my characters self-sufficient by the time they hit 60, and for a short time trying to get the blessed 35 thousand points on one character to fulfill my guild obligation because I felt I must. With the proposed change, that income stream dries up, and I quit that Guild a while ago, and one of the main reasons was because I felt that Conquest detracted from game enjoyment.

My play style is alt swapping and activity swapping. I normally have 2 or 3 favorite characters I run for a few weeks in a row. Do a bit of leveling/PvP, a few Ops a week, run a Daily or finish off Rishi-Ziost arc. I just don't persistently do the same thing every week on the same character...

So, could Conquest be adaptable to a flightier game-style? Or is it a Game of the Main? And I still don't get the point of meeting the Conquest goal?

Conquests for some of the larger guilds are (1) to get items they need to unlock their guild ships and unlock other rooms, which also means they have to be at the top ten on the leaderboards for that.

Some love the conquests for various reasons, maybe it fits their playstyle, like pvp fits some, and rp fits others.

My major playstyle that I enjoy is leveling with my boyfriend right now. Which character doesn't matter just the fact we do it together makes the game fun for me.

Other people find doing operations fun, so asking what will make conquests fun might be hard to narrow down due to the fact everyone has their own version of fun.

I did the conquests occasionally but then again I would do the crafting and flashpoints and dailies but that was it, pvp and gsf is not fun for me.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your objectives? If it's to allow more guilds a chance to win the conquest events, this will fail. You will only get a change of guilds at the top.

If it is to encourage more people to take part in the event, again this will fail. Smaller guilds and guilds whose members do not enjoy PvP will simply drop the competition. Those who enjoy PvE and rp don't want to spend all their time doing PvP even if they do tolerate it.

If you want more Guilds to take part in the event and more players to try arenas such as GSF and PvP, you must make the effort rewarding and make the rewards obtainable for Guilds of many makes and shapes. One reward is inherent in the event already: it's something you do with your Guild and for your Guild. Warm fuzzies all around. But we need more than that.

The one reward that respondents here have mentioned going to any lengths to get are the encryptions. As their value is in opening up more Guild ship and stronghold areas, making them available to more Guilds will not decrease that value. Why tie them to the top ten list? Make them a reward for reaching the personal conquest aim. After all, those of us in Guilds that can make the top 10 list get them for for just doing that! There is no need to deny small Guilds a decent ship and stronghold!

Not to mention a reason to take part in Conquest.

I agree that crafting has taken over conquest, but the cap you've put on it just swings the balance in the opposite direction. If you wish to keep the crafters and get them to expand their horizons, I suggest raising that cap significantly. If such things were monitored on a per alt basis, I'd put the cap at 15,000 points. This would put crafters in a position in which they would be quite likely to try to meet their personal target by other means. Even if they chose not to, it would be a contribution they could make to the Guild total. It would also be a low enough total that non-crafters could easily match that by their preferred methods. 2,000 per legacy is a ridiculous number. You might as well do away with it altogether.

But crafting is as much part of game play as any other activity. Those mats or the credits to buy them take skill and strategy to obtain. If it were just a matter of buying mats on the GTN and crafting in your sleep, everyone would be amassing conquest points that way. And, yes, building weapons, med kits, and so on is an integral part of real life warfare, too. Indeed, it may well be the most important part.

What about incentives for making the top ten? Hey, we are a highly competitive species. That is its own reward!

To get optimum participation, those personal conquest objectives should be your focus! There can be only ten in the top ten, after all. And, yes, they will be the largest Guilds.

Oh, I see, the Guilds get the unlocks to the ship. That's at least useful for them. I remember mailing those schematics and stuff, but did not really know what are they for. I guess, if it is a guild activity, well, maybe there can be better perks for the guilds?

All I can say is that the changes do not make Conquest into anything appealing to me, unfortunately. I doubt I will be meeting the Conquest targets, even if they are reduced, but, well, wait and see how it pans out.

But, definitely means that I need to find a different source of income rather than the uncomplicated mission stacking for laminoid/genetic/lost artifact. I guess I will have to be more choosy with which characters will get geared up/augmented in November.

Folks who are saying that crafting won't hurt are mistaken. The demand that the Conquest created for mats was unparalleled and awesome for the rest of us. I am very sorry to see it go.

As for PvP, I'd be overjoyed seeing new faces in the zones, but I would love those folks to be happy and willing participants who are curious about the strategies, willing to experiment and up their game on their toon.

Edited by DomiSotto

While this is a nice first start that I am really happy with, it is only a start.

In order to make conquests great, we need some other changes to get more people participating in them.

Some Suggestions:

Nerf how much points PvP warzones AND PvE Operations/Flashpoints, and instead have dailies on the conquest planets (You can just reuse old leveling quests), with an "Anti-Bolster" That makes you deal less damage and take more damage against enemies that AREN'T Base guards, and players (Basically make them deal damage/take damage like the enemies are lv 60's when doing the daily quests). Also add extra incentives for open world pvp and base raiding/defense

While this is a nice first start that I am really happy with, it is only a start.

In order to make conquests great, we need some other changes to get more people participating in them.

Some Suggestions:

Nerf how much points PvP warzones AND PvE Operations/Flashpoints, and instead have dailies on the conquest planets (You can just reuse old leveling quests), with an "Anti-Bolster" That makes you deal less damage and take more damage against enemies that AREN'T Base guards, and players (Basically make them deal damage/take damage like the enemies are lv 60's when doing the daily quests). Also add extra incentives for open world pvp and base raiding/defense

I'm fine with everything you suggest EXCEPT nerfing existing quests. We want people to hit their personal goal easily (casually). I love the idea of quests...just not the nerf to existing awards.

ERIC MUSCO

I think the feedback is pretty solid so far.. can you jump in and maybe take this back to the DEV Team?

Lots of GOOD ideas and lots of suspected "this will not fix the problem" responses.

Firmly think that forced PVP/GSF is not going to get more people into conquesting. Need to wipe out these PVE "Legacy Wide" once a week objectives and make them per character. Heck I'd say we should have each HEROIC on those planets count DAILY for serious points. That is obtainable and a couple days of those (3 maybe) then you have your cap of points from a PVE player standpoint. Appreciate any updates you can provide. I think we have a pretty solid amount of feedback here that is worth taking note and reporting back on the matter.

Edited by dscount

I am not a crafter so the crafting doesn't affect me but what they are doing I do not think is a good idea. They are taking the repeatable crafting away from those that like to craft and yet the only repeatable conquests left now are pvp.

That might be good for pvp players but not everyone likes pvp . I don't care how many of you say well do the pvp missions if you want the points.

How many of you liked crafting? Did you do that? No, so why make people pvp when they don't like it. There are reasons people don't like it.

(1) PVP is not something they enjoy

(2) Some of the people that play pvp can be very rude and hateful and very condescending.

(3) Sometimes the environment is very toxic.

I don't get people who tell people to pvp when there are things some of the pvp players don't like yet some of you pvp are the first ones that tell someone get over it and do it. No, that is not an answer.

Conquest should not only be about pvp. There should be other things to do and pvp should not be the only ones that have repeatable quests but that is what they are doing.

I just started doing some of these mission but if they are going to have only pvp missions repeatable then forget it. It will not be worth it to me to do.

Good luck.

Hey folks,

In Fallen Empire we will be making changes to Conquests so I wanted to let you know about what is being adjusted. One thing that we noticed in looking at Conquests is that not as many players as we would hope are completing their personal targets. We feel this may be because the targets are too high, requiring more time to complete than many players may have available. Because of this we are adjusting the target points for rewards in some Conquests:

• All Conquests which previously required 35,000 target points have had that target number reduced to 20,000.
  • Titans of Industry will remain at 25,000 target points.
  • Total Galactic War will remain at 50,000 target points.
  • Trade Emporium will remain at 25,000 target points.

Note that Guilds will still compete, as normal, for the top 10 on each Planet once these targets have been reached.

In looking at our data and in seeing playing feedback, one thing we have noticed is that many Guilds are primarily using the repeatable Crafting objective to gain points for Conquests. Although we want to include Crafting as an essential part of the Conquest effort, we don’t want that objective to be the “only best answer” to Conquests. Due to this we are making the following changes:

• The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.

These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric

I think the reason "not as many players are completing their personal objectives" is because no one knows or cares what those objectives are.

The Conquest system is, overall, completely forgettable, and far too over-complicated. The objectives aren't defined clearly at all. The achievements are multiple pages in, under Strongholds. There is no clear way to know what you're supposed to do. There is no clear benefit for doing it. There is no easy way to track progress.

You can change it as much as you want, but unless people actually know what to do, and can track it easily in-game, AND know what they're getting out of it, it's a pointless system. Most players aren't going to go to an online guide for a system that they don't even know helps them any.

I've been a Subscriber since the game launched. I've popped into the forums several times. I've done every quest, I've done some PvP, I've gotten Strongholds, I've done Starfighter battles...

What can I tell you about Conquests? It puts a guild name up on a planetary area. That's it. I don't know what, if any, bonuses it gives, I don't know how to participate, I don't know what the requirements are. Because the game doesn't tell you ANYTHING about the Conquest system.

If you want people to participate, implement the systems better in-game.

Conquest should not only be about pvp. There should be other things to do and pvp should not be the only ones that have repeatable quests but that is what they are doing.

Broadening the Conquest to more activities will be super. And, adapting to the alt play that is typical for this game will be cool. Now that I think about it, what I would find PERFECT would if you could just do what you enjoy doing in the game normally without giving it a second thought and be able to meet a conquest goal cumulatively for all alts in the same Guild on your Legacy. Grinding would then be left to the folks who are really serious about it and can dedicate more efforts on each separate character with higher rewards per each character.

I do enjoy PvP, and I play with a reg queue button nearly always on, no matter what else I do in the game. But I am not sure that "PvP wins Conquest" is all that is cracked out to be.

The PvP points are repeatable, but low. On the weeks that PvP awards 250 points for the loss, 500 points for the win, you need to play a 100 zones if you keep losing and the target is 25,000 per character. With a normal ratio of win-loss, it's about 50 zones per week on a character. Given 6 days of Conquest per week, to accumulate 50 zones I will need to play about 8-9 zones a day on a single character. I think there are also bonus points for Dailies/Weeklies which I will hit if I play that much.

But, even if we allow 20 min per zone with a continuous pop, that's almost 3 hour commitment to Conquest per day to meet the daily goal by PvPing on the low value PvP weeks.

Time investment wise, it will basically restrict any other activity I would love to do in a game to playing only PvP (well, with some scavenging or levelling while waiting on the pop) and I will only meet Conquest goal on 1 character that way. Doubt it will really advance my guild significantly.

Sure, when the warzones are 500/1000 points, it's much more doable. But still, trying to meet Conquest on a PvP character really forces the way you play.

Finally, the toxic, malcontent people are a cancer of the MMO, and they detract from the PvP community as well as from the community at large. You see them everywhere you go in the game, in General chat on the planets, and Fleets, and in the PvE content. However, most PvPers, just like the most of the game's population are just as nice and reasonable as any average person.

Edited by DomiSotto

• The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.

These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric

The only thing that this change will do for me will cancel any appeal doing conquest had by making it impossible for a player like me to reach my personal target, something I could do before thanks to crafting! I very rarely group unless with my guild and never in a PUG, and I don't do PVP, so crafting was the only way for me to get enough points to reach the personal target. Suffice to say I'm not at all happy with this decision. I'll never get all the achievements thanks to that... not sure why I bothered trying now...

Edited by lanawinst

Finally, the toxic, malcontent people are a cancer of the MMO, and they detract from the PvP community as well as from the community at large. You see them everywhere you go in the game, in General chat on the planets, and Fleets, and in the PvE content. However, most PvPers, just like the most of the game's population are just as nice and reasonable as any average person.

I know not all pvp players are rude, toxic, etc. but unfortunely it is more pronounced in the pvp community. I have some wonderful friends that are nice and helpful but they are rare in the pvp environment. I tried pvp when the game was first launch, no thank you . I then tried it a year later, same. The last time I tried it was a few months ago as some of my friends wanted my healer to play with them, no change. Sorry three strikes and you are out. I don't pay to have to endure the cussing, the yelling, and the attitude they tend to have.

Yes there are some pve players that are just as bad but normally I can avoid those easier than I can in pvp. Like I say not all pvp players are toxic but the ones that are actually keep players from doing pvp and I don't need that when I play. I play to have fun and when you have to deal with those type of people it makes the game not fun so for me I will stay away from pvp.

Broadening the Conquest to more activities will be super. And, adapting to the alt play that is typical for this game will be cool. Now that I think about it, what I would find PERFECT would if you could just do what you enjoy doing in the game normally without giving it a second thought and be able to meet a conquest goal cumulatively for all alts in the same Guild on your Legacy. Grinding would then be left to the folks who are really serious about it and can dedicate more efforts on each separate character with higher rewards per each character.

I do enjoy PvP, and I play with a reg queue button nearly always on, no matter what else I do in the game. But I am not sure that "PvP wins Conquest" is all that is cracked out to be.

The PvP points are repeatable, but low. On the weeks that PvP awards 250 points for the loss, 500 points for the win, you need to play a 100 zones if you keep losing and the target is 25,000 per character. With a normal ratio of win-loss, it's about 50 zones per week on a character. Given 6 days of Conquest per week, to accumulate 50 zones I will need to play about 8-9 zones a day on a single character. I think there are also bonus points for Dailies/Weeklies which I will hit if I play that much.

But, even if we allow 20 min per zone with a continuous pop, that's almost 3 hour commitment to Conquest per day to meet the daily goal by PvPing on the low value PvP weeks.

Time investment wise, it will basically restrict any other activity I would love to do in a game to playing only PvP (well, with some scavenging or levelling while waiting on the pop) and I will only meet Conquest goal on 1 character that way. Doubt it will really advance my guild significantly.

Sure, when the warzones are 500/1000 points, it's much more doable. But still, trying to meet Conquest on a PvP character really forces the way you play.

Lot will depend on the server. I have done it on several servers. None were PVP servers. JC seem to be really good. BC not so much. On JC I had 3 in a imp guild. They were not crafters and got there personals doing PVP. BC it might of took a good while.

Nicely put on some people. You get some yutts that spoil it for others by their behavior. Doesn't make all or the majority players that way but does tend to keep people from group. Not many want to come and spend their time dealing with some little pampered princess.

It should be inclusive. I don't do the space missions but I can't remember seeing them on Conquest quest list. I talking about the Space Combat not GFC or what ever they call the PVP in the sky.

Edited by well

That's exactly how I feel too Orion.

The lack of repeatable objectives and once per Legacy objectives is an issue, but this is the first best step at FIXING Conquests.

What do you mean by "fixing"?

If by "fixing", you mean "changing it so that crafting guilds go away so you have a chance to win with PvP, then maybe so...

But this isn't going to draw in more total people interested in conquest. It might shuffle them around a bit, move some out, move some others in, but it isn't really changing much for conquest.

What it WILL do is crush and destroy the value of a whole lot of mats. Mats that went for 2k each will likely go for closer to 200 each. Running crew skill missions likely won't be worth the trouble anymore.

First, the 500 for a win is in addition to the 250, you get the 250 win or lose.

So a loss is 250, but a win is 750.

Second, you get points for the weekly for warzones. Usually 1-2k.

Double all those numbers if you have 100% stronghold bonus. If you're at all serious about taking part in conquest, you're also working on filling your 4 strongholds.

So lets say you win half and lose half... and you have the stronghold bonus... that is an average of 1,000 points per warzone.

If the new goal is 20,000 points, then you need to play just 20 warzones to hit your cap, winning 10 of them. And that doesn't include the weekly, so actually it is even less.

The only thing that this change will do for me will cancel any appeal doing conquest had by making it impossible for a player like me to reach my personal target, something I could do before thanks to crafting! I very rarely group unless with my guild and never in a PUG, and I don't do PVP, so crafting was the only way for me to get enough points to reach the personal target. Suffice to say I'm not at all happy with this decision. I'll never get all the achievements thanks to that... not sure why I bothered trying now...

Likewise... I play on a lot of alts... I often could get 10k points, give or take, on several toons during the week doing various stuff, but hitting the conquest goal without crafting becomes a chore after awhile...

I do warzones until my daily is done, then switch toons and do it on another one. Playing warzones without having it tag both a daily and a weekly is a poor use of time, when you have alts that can play the same warzone and tag both.

Some weeks I use crafting for conquest to fill out my point totals and make sure all of my toons hit their goals (I have about 20 crafters total), some weeks when we're trying to win, I pour the points on.

With this change, I'm not even going to bother trying. And this is why this change doesn't "fix" anything. For each new person like TUX who says, "ok, now I'll do conquest", you'll have another like me who says, "ok, never mind then..."

You really can't use people cheating as a means of backing up an argument for nerfing crafting ... they are cheating.

It was not backing up an argument, it was making a point two entirely different things. I never said all guilds did this, but the one I saw do this dominated the boards. So how many "huge" guilds actually do that?? Definitely makes me wonder.

Lower priced? Most of those mats will not be practically worthless. I saw the smarts in this when conquest first came in as it made worthless mats have some value again, now they go back to being literally worthless. You would be quite foolish to gather most conquest mats as it stands in the interest of making a profit.

Where did I say gather mats for profit? Wait I didn't. lol

I said some mats would be lower priced. There is the difference.

Maybe there will be new crafting items to replace this massive hole but when you look at all the information on KoTFE so far and it's affects on crew skills ( we've discussed this in the crew skill section so I won't go into it again, there's a few topics there ) you can see sof ar crew skills are taking a HUGE hit all round, this was just yet another nail in the coffin.

Ok so then answer me this, before crafting was implemented what did you do with mats & crew skills?

They've nerfed crafting for conquest, not removed it. So you will still actually be benefiting somewhat from the crafting for conquest. Would you rather them just take it out completely? Because the attitude I'm getting from all those hating the changes is that "the Devs have killed" crew skills & crafting, but it's still being implemented.

If you think it won't hurt crew skills you're crazy and really have no full understanding of crew skills.

I've justified how I believe it will hurt crew skills a few times in this thread - how do you justify "IT WILL NOT HURT"? Just saying it doesn't make it true.

I already justified up above, but apparently you can't read well with that clouded vision going on.

But just in case, I will reiterate.

Crew skills will continue to be useful as long as you can craft kits, augments, earpieces, relics, implants, decoration kits.

Crew skills will still be profitable for those reasons stated above. Changing crafting in Conquest will NOT affect it whatsoever.

They're not going to sell any better though are they? The demand won't magically increase with these changes. Also those are crafting skills where as it's the gathering skills getting hit by this change. ALSO if everyone took your advice and started making those items the profit would drop to next to nothing ( I argue there isn't much profit in many of those items as it is but that's server dependent ).

What does market value of what you can craft have anything to do conquest crafting? It doesn't.

Why will the demand decrease with these changes then? Answer that. Because it won't.

Well if there isn't much profit in making them, then you keep thinking that because I've made millions just crafting a few items over & over. Supply & demand, which you should know.

Profit has dropped in a lot of items, like I stated before you roll with it. Find another niche to add in with it. It's called surviving.

You've proven nothing. You've resorted to insulting rather than presenting an argument. That gets anything else you have to say ignored.

Amusing, at best.

I presented an argument. One that was against yours. So instead of reading it & answering it, you chose to take the cowards way out & throw out the "you insulted me so ignore".

Definitely means your argument is worthless.

Lol @ this coming from the guy whose argument is "it will not hurt crew skills" but can't justify it what so ever.

No I actually justified it. Two times now. But again you refuse to see it.

You just want to holler "crew skills is dead because of conquest" & go with that. But by all means continue to say that it's dead & encourage others to not use it. Just will mean the ones of us who continue crafting will actually make a better profit now. :rolleyes:

You really shouldn't make posts like the quoted above, especially in regards to the person you are quoting.

It is just plain ignorant and arrogant both at the same time.

Only seems that way because I am disagreeing with you & showing that it won't hurt.

Anyway if you want to really argue actual rebuttals against you then by all means, respond to my reply to you which you've not done yet ( which is kind of funny when you then go on to try tell another poster they have no argument heh ).

I did, read above.

I just didn't see your post last night.

If by "fixing", you mean "changing it so that crafting guilds go away so you have a chance to win with PvP, then maybe so...

How's TUX going to win with PvP when he's already stated before he doesn't do conquest anymore? Plus you & the others that keep throwing in the PvP topic seem to forget there is PvE content in there too.

But this isn't going to draw in more total people interested in conquest. It might shuffle them around a bit, move some out, move some others in, but it isn't really changing much for conquest.

The only change this is doing is hindering the crafting to win aspect of conquest. How hard is that to understand? Which is not what was ever intended for conquest to be anyway.

What it WILL do is crush and destroy the value of a whole lot of mats. Mats that went for 2k each will likely go for closer to 200 each. Running crew skill missions likely won't be worth the trouble anymore.

So let me get this straight, you're upset because of the crafting being diminished so that you can't sell mats for 2k each?

Most the mats are already going for chump change on the Harbinger! It's not going to hurt that any more. lol

With this change, I'm not even going to bother trying. And this is why this change doesn't "fix" anything. For each new person like TUX who says, "ok, now I'll do conquest", you'll have another like me who says, "ok, never mind then..."

Your both forgetting that they also lowered personal conquest points too. Making it easier to hit your mark.

But I've said my piece. To be honest there is no sense in all of us continuing to bicker back & forth at each other over changes we agree/disagree on. The Devs can read this if they choose to & act on it if they want. Other than that this does no good this far into the argument now.

So I'm out. Have fun & remember this is JUST a game. It's not real life.

What do you mean by "fixing"?

I explained quite clearly to you what I meant yesterday. Right now, crafting monopolizes Conquests, and has since launch...that has needed to change, this accomplishes that change.

And are you suggesting that there are guilds out there who's only purpose is to craft enough to win Conquests?? That's the only thing you do all week, craft for conquest points? You don't do anything else with that guild? I don't get it...

It may not draw in more people, but it corrects a very obviously broken system that made crafting superior (by FAR!!!!) to anything else. I'm sorry you dislike it...I love it! I actually enjoyed Conquests prior to crafting becoming king.

Don't blame PvP or GSF...crafters did this to themselves.

I explained quite clearly to you what I meant yesterday. Right now, crafting monopolizes Conquests, and has since launch...that has needed to change, this accomplishes that change.

Yes, and it replaces it with PvP.

Let me toss this out there... would you be ok with PvP having a cap? Lets say that you can only play 10x WZ matches for conquest points, across your legacy, after that they don't count. Is that ok?

Because that is what was done to crafting.

And are you suggesting that there are guilds out there who's only purpose is to craft enough to win Conquests??

No, I'm suggesting those guilds will stop caring about conquest when 4.0 drops. Different guilds will start to care, so all that has happened is people have been shuffled around. People who were not grinding PvP before aren't going to start because it is now the way to win.

The same could be said for the behavior of people in WZ and GSF... I see a whole lot of toxic behavior in both places. My ignore list almost never gets touched in GF or OPS, it is people in WZ more than anything else that end up there.

Both places are very newbie unfriendly and neither has had any new maps in a long time and won't for awhile in the future.

Frankly, conquest could be taken out of the game and I honestly don't think that many people would notice, other than what it will do to mat prices.

And are you suggesting that there are guilds out there who's only purpose is to craft enough to win Conquests?? That's the only thing you do all week, craft for conquest points? You don't do anything else with that guild? I don't get it...

It may not draw in more people, but it corrects a very obviously broken system that made crafting superior (by FAR!!!!) to anything else. I'm sorry you dislike it...I love it! I actually enjoyed Conquests prior to crafting becoming king.

The problem is they are not giving people something else to to that is repeatable. If you look at this weeks conquest the only pve (flashpoint and operation ) that can be repeated is the group finders one and most do not do group finders.

The other flashpoints are not repeatable and we can only do that on one character whereas if you notice all the quests for pvp and gsf are repeatable.

I agree crafting needed something to bring it more in line but removing the only other thing non pvp players can do that could be repeated makes it very difficult for people to hit their points, even when lowered. If you can only do the flashpoint one time, including killing the hard mode boss once, how can anyone can any points if they do not pvp or do GSF?

Thats what most are trying to figure out. The only ones that can still get their conquest points after the new expansion are the ones that pvp or do gsf. They not adding something that non-pvp players can do and that is repeatable for them. They are essentially alienating those that don't pvp or do GSF since they are not adding something that they can do that can be repeated on other characters.

Yes, and it replaces it with PvP.

Let me toss this out there... would you be ok with PvP having a cap? Lets say that you can only play 10x WZ matches for conquest points, across your legacy, after that they don't count. Is that ok?

Because that is what was done to crafting.

PvP and crafting are most certainly NOT the same type of things...apples and oranges...one you need to be actively involved in a group activity for, the other can be done offline entirely...but I'll answer you.

No. I wouldn't be "ok" with that...I'm not happy that crafting is getting hosed like it is either...but it NEEDED to be changed. That much was obvious. I didn't limit it to once...I'm fine with it being repeatable (to a reasonable cap)...I wish FPs and Ops could be repeated as well. I'm not advocating for a cap at all, but I'm thrilled crafting got nerfed finally - it has ruined Conquests long enough.