Conquest Changes in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

In Fallen Empire we will be making changes to Conquests so I wanted to let you know about what is being adjusted. One thing that we noticed in looking at Conquests is that not as many players as we would hope are completing their personal targets. We feel this may be because the targets are too high, requiring more time to complete than many players may have available. Because of this we are adjusting the target points for rewards in some Conquests:

• All Conquests which previously required 35,000 target points have had that target number reduced to 20,000.
  • Titans of Industry will remain at 25,000 target points.
  • Total Galactic War will remain at 50,000 target points.
  • Trade Emporium will remain at 25,000 target points.

Note that Guilds will still compete, as normal, for the top 10 on each Planet once these targets have been reached.

In looking at our data and in seeing playing feedback, one thing we have noticed is that many Guilds are primarily using the repeatable Crafting objective to gain points for Conquests. Although we want to include Crafting as an essential part of the Conquest effort, we don’t want that objective to be the “only best answer” to Conquests. Due to this we are making the following changes:

• The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.

These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.

These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Wow...that's a HUGE and FANTASTIC change Eric. That completely alters HOW Conquests will be won.

Edited by TUXs

excellent, when the individual bonuses are not repeatable it make it rather hard to do conquest on anything other than a single char and makes some conquests much more difficult (i.e craft to win). Thus lowering the individual goal supports everyone without hurting the upper limit. removing the craft to win is also a good thing.

While you're mucking about with conquests anyway, could you let us disable the conquest spam (stupid pointless annoying message) that's plastered on top of the screen every time we enter a new area? It really isn't interesting knowing what guild "controls" a zone and for some reason this and the stronghold name messages can't be disabled or moved in the UI editor. It only makes things worse that sometimes these messages fails to fade away too. Edited by Pscyon

[*]The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.

-eric

#Rekt.

Sadly the guilds who do the 2 million burst 2 mins in weekly reset, have probably already done, and finished, their thing.

A really efficient cure discovered for a patient who has already died. :(

And now, to see how those said guilds go mental since they have a month and more to do something about tying up loose ends in conq, via craft spam :)

Nice that the team has lowered the requirement and finally noticed that craft for conquest is a thing.

I'd really like them to add other things for us to do besides the same ones, like letting me run some PVE or Space Missions (that's the original space mini-game not GSF.

I'm sure there are other things players would like to be added as alternative options to get conquest points.

While you're mucking about with conquests anyway, could you let us disable the conquest spam (stupid pointless annoying message) that's plastered on top of the screen every time we enter a new area? It really isn't interesting knowing what guild "controls" a zone and for some reason this and the stronghold name messages can't be disabled or moved in the UI editor.

Oh yeah this would be great, I made a bugreport on this when they launched way back when.

Edited by JumperPenn

while youre at it nerf PVP. Or even better, make it so that points (so if a world is flashpoints and operations) can only be gotten by doing the relevant planet bonuses.

That's stupid. PvP requires you to play the game...of course it should be rewarded.

Nice that the team has lowered the requirement and finally noticed that craft for conquest is a thing.

Yeah, nice they finally noticed...and people wonder why we tend to question their ability to read metrics.

Edited by TUXs

while youre at it nerf PVP. Or even better, make it so that points (so if a world is flashpoints and operations) can only be gotten by doing the relevant planet bonuses.

Agreed, sad to see that "PvP til your eyes bleed" is about the only viable way to win a planet now.

Hey folks,

...a bunch of stuff ....

-eric

Eric,

Among the better things you could have done for Conquests is to de-link them across each server. No one on Jedi Covenant cares what some random guild is doing on Juhanni. We cannot interact with players on other servers and shouldn't be competing against them as a result.

I don't care that super-guild-X on server Y makes the board every week. If they make it they earned it. But when the same guilds make it over and over and over and over again on servers that you do not play on, it makes the entire conquest system irrelevant to a lot of players.

That's stupid. PvP requires you to play the game...of course it should be rewarded.

Yeah because the most viable strategy besides crafting right now was play PVP

honestly if a world bonus is operations I feel like doing pvp shouldn't net you any points

if a world bonus is pvp then operations shouldnt net you any points. etc etc

Eric,

Among the better things you could have done for Conquests is to de-link them across each server. No one on Jedi Covenant cares what some random guild is doing on Juhanni. We cannot interact with players on other servers and shouldn't be competing against them as a result.

I don't care that super-guild-X on server Y makes the board every week. If they make it they earned it. But when the same guilds make it over and over and over and over again on servers that you do not play on, it makes the entire conquest system irrelevant to a lot of players.

the server names you are seeing are actually guilds present on your server and was the server they originated from. Juhanni is somewhat a special case, its speculated that it was one of the servers that got merged into JC but it is not known which one it is. Most likely its a bioware internal name for nightmare lands.

Edited by Faardor

Eric,

I believe those are just showing where the Guild originated on before mergers as seeing Juhanni doesn't exist. But yeah it's weird to have it.

Eric,

Among the better things you could have done for Conquests is to de-link them across each server. No one on Jedi Covenant cares what some random guild is doing on Juhanni. .

The server names are the ones the guilds belonged to, before the mergers.

I.e. my guild " potentiae " is listed being in " Jolee's hut " despite 3 years flat and counting in TRE...

Eric,

Pretty sure that's not how it works. Like, my guild on Harbinger is listed as being from Mass Shadow Generator because that's where the guild itself was created before server mergers, but I am most certainly on Harbinger.

Bottom line is the guilds that are winning on your servers are actually on your servers, they were just created on a server that no longer exists but the game still lists that server as their server on the conquest tab.

Just like fiddling with PvP stuff didn't entice non-PvPers to PvP more, this fiddling with Conquest stuff is not going to make players who don't care about Conquest start caring. All it does is change how those who already care go about doing it.

We feel this may be because the targets are too high, requiring more time to complete than many players may have available.

That's part of it, but a bigger part of it (for me at least) is that they're very alt-unfriendly. I tend to raid, but I swap toons based on what the raid needs, so I wind up with lots of guys with a medium amount of Conquest points, but few that actually reach it.

Maybe instead of making the personal objectives char specific, make 'em Legacy specific (but repeatable per week).

Edited by Excise

Yeah because the most viable strategy besides crafting right now was play PVP

honestly if a world bonus is operations I feel like doing pvp shouldn't net you any points

if a world bonus is pvp then operations shouldnt net you any points. etc etc

LOL! "Viable"? You make it sound like they're at all comparable, which they aren't. Crafting could be done while offline...PvP requires you to be ATK playing the game.

And PvP OR PvE play should be rewarded any week...activities done ATK should always be rewarded. Crafting was the one thing that truly ruined Conquests, not PvP...CRAFTING.