Just what are you hiding Bioware?

DarthMaulUK

It's all about HYPE and keeping players around. If they WANT to keep more players around and collect MORE income by getting MORE people in the game...

They need to release MORE information. Period. No need for panties to get all bunched up, but people do care about the game and want to see more information. MUSCO himself said more was coming and the "Flood gates are open" on information. . That was almost a week ago and I've not SEEN / HEARD anything since then. This is why they have such outcry for information. LACK of communication.

No sense of entitlement, but a plain and simple truth of the matter. Other MMO's make BW/EA look like a complete rag-tag outfit and that is just sad. The BLIZZ example was perfect. They announced an XPAC that's MONTHS (Like 6+) and more details landed that day than BW has given us in the last two months. And it's going live in what 50 days? Come on.. that's just crappy marketing and lacks some attention to detail.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure I appreciate the tone of this but you are allowed your opinion right or wrong.

and I meant nothing of the such. This community has showed its fangs any chance it gets. Its a subset of population that complains of lack of information, then what they do release gets blasted by another subset of the population (that tends to be even more vicious than the former group).

so their options are

1) do nothing and give what they want when they want it

2) give us some information and suffer the blasting when its not enough, not what they wanted, or a change

3) capitulate and give us everything we demand and then suffer the blasting when its not what the people wanted.

as a GREAT example see the threads on the slot machine.

a very vocal group of people were blasting the decoration and lamented what it did and how OP it was and asked for a nerf. They nerfed it and another rather vocal group of people complained about it getting nerfed.

class balance. Class X is OP and needs a nerf. Class X gets "adjusted" and vocal people in class X complain about how their class is unplayable and was nerfed into oblivion.

Here is your ultimate solution.

the EXACT moment this community can agree on WHAT information they want they will release exactly that. I wish you luck.

I got your point and you unfortunately are using your imagination too much for mine.

Here, these are bite-sized pieces to help your revise that post: Bioware Austin isn't special. They alone aren't saddled with some amount of idiots, malcontents, dummies, or narcissists in their customer base or peanut gallery.

It's all about HYPE and keeping players around. If they WANT to keep more players around and collect MORE income by getting MORE people in the game...

Thing is.. right or wrong... they are pretty successful with their series of perks for subscribing, ahead of the expac release. People will chase fluffy digital items.

They have taken this approach with each expac, and even more so for this one. They are not just holding players with this approach, but are enticing old subs to resub ahead of the expac.

Not everyone buys in to the traditional MMO marketing hype, and Bioware has a bad rep for communications.. so I really don't think more information actually holds or draws subs for this MMO.

Do we all want more information? Yeah. Does it make/break the subscriber base? Not really. Some may get impatient and rage quit.. but others will resub ahead of the expac as well.

Do we all want more information? Yeah. Does it make/break the subscriber base? Not really. Some may get impatient and rage quit.. but others will resub ahead of the expac as well.

True that, but they certainly won't draw in more NEW customers nor win back old ones with lack of information.

I know several players that stopped playing months ago. They ask me.. "Is it worth coming back?" and I have to say "NO... unless you really like story only content" and TBD or "Soon" about PVP / PVE changes coming. Lack of new OPS and/or PVP has most them going.. "Sorry... SWTOR isn't worth paying a SUB for same content and nothing really new beyond a single story line"...

Communication is a complete joke with BW with the gag order they have in place. Just seems like a dumb marketing model if you ask me. That "Threaten BW person" was a ONE off and does NOT represent the community in large. In fact MOST of the community thought that was pretty wrong to have ever happened even.

At least Bioware is so bad at marketing that it has little contrived holding power on subs.

Something we do agree on. BioWare has no hold over subs what-so-ever, if they don't like the service they receive they can unsubscribe from the game and move on to other games if they so choose.

The little bit in here though is that as a business BioWare should be doing everything they can to retain customers and increase market share. Not work at cross purposes by announcing an expansion and then releasing very little detail or trickle feeding information when it's quite clear they don't have control over their communications strategy. When you consider that other sites contain more information than BioWare has released themselves (subject to changes), how is that a good position to be in?

I'll answer that last question for everyone - it isn't. They should be in control of their communication strategy as a company trying to maintain and grow market share in a very competitive environment. Currently they're nowhere close to this, and it's at the behest of whoever is in charge of marketing at BioWare.

Edited by Transcendent

I would say it would depend on the information you are looking for.

Companions that are tied into the story-No.

Story line- No.

Those two items I would say no to as they would be spoilers. Whether or not you want them is regardless. There are those that don't the story spoiled for them and whether or not they come to the forums, there are people on the game that would tell what is going to happen no matter what.

Crafting-Yes.

Skills- Yes

Those I can see releasing information for.

Totally agree with Scarlet...

Anything SPOILER related I think they have been "okay" about not sharing so far. (Companions included)

My big pet peeve.. lack of information or even a DATE for the next Livestream for information is just sad.

Things they should explain over the next 6 weeks....

• Crafting - what changes are being made and what tier can be crafted
  • Companion impact - crafting specific (Mixed messages on this one)
  • Scaled Level 65 Operations - What LOOT will be dropped and how they are addressing the farming of easiest
  • Class changes - lots of stuff is changing, but we are not on PTS to check it out this time around
  • Gearing changes - Really need more details on how this is going to work.

Is LEGACY gear going away?

Are MOD/ENH now going to be slot/gear locked?

With just over 1 month until Open beta arrives on October 20th, and hardly any information STILL released to those who actually pay and play your game - what exactly are you hiding?

Guild Wars 2 has an expansion due on Oct 23 and has released a ton of information on the changes to game play, classes, cities and other relevant parts of the game.

Blizzard has an expansion with no actual release date but it was simply information over load.

Bioware has an expansion with a release date of Oct 20th(open beta) and Oct 27th(full release) and the only information out there is you play as an 'Outlander', have 'story' and a new companion.

Not looking at the information datamined, doesn't it just seem so strange that the lack of information is creating more problems than actually solving? You should be singing and dancing about a new expansion, getting the community excited about new features but no - nada.

So what ARE you hiding? Whats the game changer that will really upset the community?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I seen, this is a bad virus that has been a plague to players. Back in the first days of MMOrpgs we received exp packs from the games we loved with little to no info on the things they were releasing, only that they were releasing ex packs. This catering to players BS is a lot to with people wanting things for free. Just because you pay 16 dollars a month does not entitle you to a live stream of info just because your paying a monthly pay. From what i have seen the GMs were nice enough to give us a small play threw to see what is coming. The game will not or has not changed it will still be a MMOrpg and the changes are good changes to keep people on there toes. We are getting new OPs "Old to new", FP "Old to new", New planets, New story companions "Canon" And able to keep our old companions "Non-canon". So claiming there not giving us much info is wrong. because this is a wide range of new content. youll be able to see post korrban and tython. Corsaunt in shambles. Kass as well. The even told us about the companion gear and if we are able to use other classes companions "subject to change". So I really think you need to change your greediness OP and just be happy for what you got and not what you didn't. Thanks for your time Guys.

He means grow a neck beard. Work on improving your greasiness and girth. Stop being social, competent, and responsible.

Then, as a no life man-child you will be able to perceive customer value as charity, and replace reasonable expectations with "p-p-please suh, may I have sum moooor...?"

Working on it as we speak...I'm already incompetent and irresponsible, so I think I've got a great start :D

I think there was a lot of excitement and nervousness when we first heard about this expansions. Seems now that excitement is down but people are still nervous so I think it would be a good idea to at least share something new of substance beyond just companion stuff.

I mean; would it be so bad to get feedback on how mechanics are changing such as stats and class changes? Seems they would need more than a month to make any adjustments based on that so it just seems to me they are going off of just focus groups and wanting to just push it through without much debate. Only reason I can see with being so stingy with the info.

They showed us some of what will happen in the story. You know Lana's a companion. You know your *** will get frozen for whatever reason for 5 years when Lana springs you. You know T7-01 will be there helping. You know the cutscenes look a bit better. You know your original companions not in the story right away will be able to be resummoned via some terminal thingie. You know you'll be 65. You know crafting is going to change, good or bad. You know companions will only use gear as barbie dress up. You know there will be 9 chapters come October 20th and 10-16 will come per month after Christmas. You know there won't be new ops or flashpoints or pvp **** until sometime in 2016. You know they're reworking current ops to be viable at any level now.

What else do you need? If you MUST OMG NOW have info, go look for datamined stuff, I'm pretty sure it's accurate. Otherwise, be patient and wait til Bioware decides to give more information, or wait til October 20th, whichever Bioware decides to do. Or and here's a bigger one, if all the information you've read, seen in datamined sources, or from Bioware's own lips still makes you pissed off, stop your sub, go outside, or play another game in the meantime.

We have only seen bits of chapter 1 and some of chapter 3. We have NO idea what details will be in the game.

They're not going to tell us more then what they're going to tell us. Demanding more information won't make them suddenly spill the beans about everything. Damn, I'm tired of these tin foil hat forum posts about **** no one but Bioware themselves know 100% about. I have nothing against people's opinions, whether they're not thrilled about companion changes or crafting changes, or even that there won't be new raids until later, but quit posting the same **** over and over thinking the end of the world is upon us cause they didn't cater to you specifically, or they're withholding information. Just either wait and see or go away. :mad:

You've already played the expansion to know that he'll be wrong, eh? interesting.

The text I quoted in the post you responded to has absolutely nothing to do with what will or will not be included in the expansion.

"It simply does not matter what I would do with the information"

Therefore, you don't need any.

In other words, "I have to know what you're going to do with the information, or else you don't deserve it". Control freak much?! Certainly not logical, which is why I found it funny that he claimed I wasn't using logic.

You lack any logic whatsoever

since he just showed himself to be guilty of his own accusation.

Edited by idnewton

Don't pretend like 3.0 was not poorly handled all around.

It wasn't. They handled the ravagers exploit poorly, but that was not due to the launch of that content. They were given fair warning privately by the community that someone had figured out how to exploit it, and that they would camp the instance overnight and spread it around. BW did nothing. That was the failure.

Edited by idnewton

I know all that ;) lol. It will be the trade marked 'Soon'. But 'Soon' is just around the corner but unlike the endless threads and posted about 'better than cross server' - this one won't go away as it actually has a date!

The doubters like myself need to be silenced and only actual information can do that.

I think Blizzard owns the soon trademark.

This is me not caring. :D

The irony here being.. you are the one behaving all self-entitled... "needing" information

I'm not the kind to claim to be entitled to anything, but technically in this one instance, we are entitled to enough information to satisfy the definition of the "increased transparency" we were promised.

We are not entitled to a dev team as open and transparent as Blizzard's teams are, but that is at least how Bioware should operate.

Also notice how I didn't ask for information which should be withheld for the time being. I didn't ask for more story, and I didn't ask for them to reveal the secret gameplay addition they hinted at.

information you can do absolutely nothing with until you can actually play 4.0.

I don't have to explain to you how I plan my legacy and my schedule and my transfers and my creds. That's my business, and I'm not obligated to tell you it. How can you call me self-entitled when you feel like you deserve to know what I do with patchnote-esque information?