Just what are you hiding Bioware?

DarthMaulUK

Yes, I agree that Bioware have been short on releasing certain information about the Xpac. However, that does not give you the right to call them out on it.

"They lied, but you don't have the right to say so."

EXCUSE ME?! LOL :rolleyes:

Edited by idnewton

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a point yes, but with no evidence provided whatsoever, i will disregard it. Also, i do not see it as a problem. Even if it turns out it is true, transparency is not an indicator for me, that would point to weather or not i will like a comming release.

Star Citizen is praised by alot of people as to how transparent their development process is. Ive been riding that hype train of theirs for quite a while now, but ultimately, what they have released to "keep me interested" is just mind numbingly boring to me, and the gameplay seems unenjoyable. I know, i know, the game is "not finished yet" and so on an so forth.

Ultimately, i judge a game by how much fun i have playing it. That is the most important thing to me about any game. And no ammount of transparency is able to tell me how much i will enjoy playing a game or not.

EDIT: I do wonder, do you ask for transparency at your favourite fast food chain? Im guessing youve been to one before? Do you ask them to give you more info about where the ingredients are from, or if that underpayed student, that prepared your food, cleaned his hands before touching it? Im just curious about your consisteny in life. :rak_04:

W-what?

i will disregard it.
I don't care what you'll do. I wasn't talking to you, I wasn't caring about you, and I'm still not. Don't barge into someone else's conversation and act like I was talking to you this entire time. You should take some time to reflect upon your

The post you responded to is literally the only post I've made in this thread where I actually mentioned the other person's account by name. And that name isn't yours! You're not the center of attention, sorry. Now go away.

PS: If you really chose to disregard it, you wouldn't have even commented on it, as you weren't a part of the conversation to begin with.

Edited by idnewton

i still dont understand what you want to know?

Only thing missing is the new skill and maybe a preview on crew skills and crafting and thats it.

Looks like I have to quote the post I already made in this thread... for the second time.

1. Detailed explanation of crafting and how companions factor into it.

2. Detailed explanation of PvE endgame changes. Which ops on which tiers, how will gearing work, etc.

3. Detailed explanation of gear / stat changes. RotHC and SoR both had significant impacts on stats; there's no reason to believe KotFE won't.

4. Detailed explanation of combat changes: we know combat is being "sped up" in some way. It'd be nice to know how, as it'll dramatically affect both PvE and PvP.

5. Detailed explanation of Auto-60s, whether they're per-server or per-account, whether the max character cap will be increased by 2 to compensate, etc.

6. Detailed explanation of PvP-related changes: gearing progression, stats, queuing tiers, etc.

7. Brief overview of the class changes coming for each class in KotFE.

When all else fails, reading is generally a good backup plan :rolleyes:

You're getting new story.

Apart from them telling you the story beforehand, what exactly would you like to know that you don't already know?

I'd like to know more about the crafting changes, how the new companions will actually work (since everyone can now dps, heal and tank, be nice to know more about how all that works out) and as someone mentioned class changes, i would really like to know more on that front as well.

And that's just for the starters, instead we kinda get nothing.. some little tidbits here and there but nothing substantial and i find that bit alarming, as other companies are sharing details but here, eh.. well.. first thing that comes to mind is that they aren't sharing the details cos the details are something that would upset people, potentially driving them away.

Now, i hope that is not the case but as said, this lack of information is somewhat alarming but i have faith, little bit and i hope that the next expansion is worth the wait but i fear that it is not but we'll see soon enough, little over month go and who knows, maybe we'll get more actual info and details in the coming weeks instead of the vague 'we'll tell you more soon' promises.

So yeah, hoping for the best, expecting the worst! :D

Edited by LordMordeth

why you care that much about crafting? crafting in this game is pointless anyway

So all of those materials I gather while running around playing the game, that can then be crafted into "stuff" and "more stuff", that I then sell on the GTN for profit is pointless?

I'd prefer to earn credits to buy "fluff" off the GTN, instead of buying CC to buy "fluff" off the Cartel Market. Pointless "fluff"? Perhaps, but it's nice to go shopping once in a while :D

So, just no, crafting is not pointless by any stretch of the imagination.

There is no lack of information at all. They actually told us everything except for the story spoilers.

The real thing is that there is lack of content.

I think there will be enough content with the chapters but they could really explain more what the expansion is about.

instead we kinda get nothing.. some little tidbits here and there but nothing substantial and i find that bit alarming, as other companies are sharing details

Thing is, the core of this expansion is how the game's focus is changing to these episodic story chapters - that's the most significant change to the game in terms of scope, and they have talked about that. The most significant change to group / end-game content is the reworking of the Ops and FPs - that is also something they have also discussed.

They have told us about the meat and the potatoes of this expansion, but because they haven't discussed the side-salad yet people are claiming that they haven't been told anything about the meal.

Edited by DarthDymond

A Dev post a week clarifying some questions on the mechanic changes would be cool.

I'm all for a surprised story. But surprise game changes is just weird

It's also weird as they have spoiled some story parts already lol

Edited by FerkWork

We are pre ordering for early access with our continuous subscription for 4 months. But as usual it is beyond you to understand simple thing and you need to play with words to make it look like it is completely different than what it is.

More nonsense. Wow. You need a reality check.

1) there is NO preorder. Please by all means.... show me where you can pay to preorder 4.0

2) what you allegedly are "buying" by subscribing in the months ahead of the release is ----> digital fluff + one week of early access. that's it. If this is the sole reason you are subbed right now... Wow.. just wow.

3) The expac itself is yours, at no charge, the day you have an active subscription that coincides with the expac having been released.

If you want to debate the pros and cons of Bioware information disclosure.. fine.. but at least begin with facts rather then contrived fiction.

Edited by Andryah

Thing is, the core of this expansion is how the game's focus is changing to these episodic story chapters - that's the most significant change to the game in terms of scope, and they have talked about that. The most significant change to group / end-game content is the reworking of the Ops and FPs - that is also something they have also discussed.

They have told us about the meat and the potatoes of this expansion, but because they haven't discussed the side-salad yet people are claiming that they haven't been told anything about the meal.

/Agree.

And people are pretexting that we will hear no more information in the remaining 6 weeks before the expac is available. I'm sure we will not hear as much info as everyone wants.... but this nonsense is getting pretty absurd around here IMO.

I find this thread fascinating...all over people asking for more information...

Some of you may love being ignorant or surprised come patch day, but why do you care so much that others aren't like you? I suggest you learn tolerance and realize that some people seek more knowledge, all the time, even on trivial stuff like a video game. They don't knock you for being lazy or uninformed, why do you take such issue with them asking for details?

RL is full of daily surprises...I prefer to not have as many in my entertainment. Story spoilers are obviously off limits, but the changes to so many other mechanical things, should absolutely be discussed.

Guys, guys! We have a long two months ahead of us. Let's pace ourselves.

I'll start another thread next week and call it "What BW is really hidding!" and assert that their real goal is to kill end game in all MMOs. But let's not hash it all out here because, then what would we argue about next month. :rolleyes:

3) The expac itself is yours, at no charge, the day you have an active subscription that coincides with the expac having been released.

ok first the expac isn't free of charge the 9 first chapters cost the price of a month sub so 13 euros

AND

if you want to know the end of the story (the 5 last chapters) you have to keep your sub until may or june until all the chapters are released. so that's mean more than 100 euros for an expac in early access without mmo content...

SO OMG WAIT IT'S NOT FREE OF CHARGE !

ok first the expac isn't free of charge the 9 first chapters cost the price of a month sub so 13 euros

AND

if you want to know the end of the story (the 5 last chapters) you have to keep your sub until may or june until all the chapters are released. so that's mean more than 100 euros for an expac in early access without mmo content...

So the only reason you're maintaining a subscription is because it gets you the expansion?

Some of you may love being ignorant or surprised come patch day, but why do you care so much that others aren't like you? I suggest you learn tolerance and realize that some people seek more knowledge, all the time, even on trivial stuff like a video game. They don't knock you for being lazy or uninformed, why do you take such issue with them asking for details?

RL is full of daily surprises...I prefer to not have as many in my entertainment. Story spoilers are obviously off limits, but the changes to so many other mechanical things, should absolutely be discussed.

So anyone not agreeing with the OP is ignorant, intolerant, lazy and uninformed. Did I miss anything?

I don't think anyone (other than a troll or two) is taking issue with the idea of people wanting to know more about [Game Mechanic X] or some specifics on [Feature Y], but it is kind of ridiculous when people are wailing about "we don't know anything!" or "why are they hiding things?!" when we have been given information on the core aspects of the expansion - the episodic story structure, the revamps to Ops and FPs, the changes to companions, etc.

People want more info? I'm cool with that - heck, I think there is definitely a lot of room for improvement on BW's communications. But people want to start throwing around hyperbole about how 'secretive' BW is being? That, I think should be called out.

AND

I agree with your first point, but not your second.

There may be any number of players (subs) that run through the first nine chapers quickly once or twice and then unsub. They will then wait for a number of new chapters to be released and if they have hot totally lost interest or moved on by that time, resub for a month or two to play them. I am not sure that the carrot of a new chapter of a few hours play through time every month or so, will keep people subbed while they wait.

I don't think anyone (other than a troll or two) is taking issue with the idea of people wanting to know more about [Game Mechanic X] or some specifics on [Feature Y], but it is kind of ridiculous when people are wailing about "we don't know anything!" or "why are they hiding things?!" when we have been given information on the core aspects of the expansion - the episodic story structure, the revamps to Ops and FPs, the changes to companions, etc.

People want more info? I'm cool with that - heck, I think there is definitely a lot of room for improvement on BW's communications. But people want to start throwing around hyperbole about how 'secretive' BW is being? That, I think should be called out.

Oh stop being so literal.