Just what are you hiding Bioware?

DarthMaulUK

Most of this questions can be answered by not even having to look at the datamined info. Just use simple logic and some imagination... but thats too much to ask it seems. Here's what i think will happen:

3) if stats are being reworked or not (this is huge info that the player based needs to know. Is all my gear just worthless junk now?).

All current gear will also be changed. They will update all the stats that currently say Aim, Cunning, Willpower and Strenght to say Mastery...

4) crafting changes- i dont really care but, "if" stats are getting reworked, then this probably impacts crafters heavily.

Same as above. This will make alot of the old recipies duplicates of one another, they will probably remove those duplicates and consolidate the items for DPS, Healers and Tanks... It will definately have an impact on the market, i cannot tell if good or bad, but it will make it much easyer for crafters to learn "all the patterns". Companions no longer requiring gear may have a larger impact, but i cant tell for sure, tbh.

5) companion info (this has been adressed- but i wanted to put it on the list for documentation).

i dont know what else you want to know about companions.

1) Ops changes- since everything is being re-scaled, will all OPs (of the same difficulty) have the same reward?

i would have to make an educated guess and say that they will probably have alot of changes regarding Campaign gear and the old sets (Dread Forged, Dread Masters...) that are currently available... but most likely they will just do what they will do with crafting, leave the different sets and change Aim, Cunning, Willpower and Strenght to Mastery...

2) class balances- something vague like "hey, dont worry, we heard your cries for class balancing, and we are working on it". I dont even need to be told what these changes are- just an acknowledgement of class disparity would probably be enough.

There there, everything will be allright... there shall be balance in the force... maybe? I sure dont know how to respond to this...

Seriously, are most of you so devoid of imagination, that you need some concrete statements from the Devs to this changes?

This isn't about having an imagination or believing in fairies. The point is, they should be giving us solid information like they promised ("we'll be more transparent" :rolleyes:) but instead it appears they're the most opaque dev team in the industry, and for no reason.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm done. You are going to pull the old "I'll be right and you'll be wrong" technique? This thread is going nowhere. There is nothing to be concerned about. Nothing is getting removed or overhauled that much of the game to have it be anywhere associated with NGE. Have a great time in the game if you still play it, and enjoy the new expansion UK :)

Um, bro? We already know you're wrong. They already said there is a big gameplay addition to the game coming, something similar to GSF or at least to the scale of it. You shouldn't have an argument about a topic you don't understand.

The point is, they should be giving us solid information like they promised

I dont get this. Why do you need more information for the next expansion? If I say something about my ingame Class Story , most of you will start blabbering "SPOILER....". Why the hell do you want to know what`s in the new Exp then? Cant you wait and see? :p

What people want to know is "When will their companions they invested time, money, their hearts into, return" :p

They have kept quiet on it. They haven't even said any of them are returning. They're being silent on it, because they're afraid people will up and leave if their Torian or Mako is taken from them.

Um, no. The people upset and disappointed right now are not the RP story-based community. If you're still upset, you need to be patient. Yours is really the only information which has actually been released. We know there are massive changes coming to PvP and to PvE but so far we've gotten almost no details on either of them.

I dont get this. Why do you need more information for the next expansion? If I say something about my ingame Class Story , most of you will start blabbering "SPOILER....". Why the hell do you want to know what`s in the new Exp then? Cant you wait and see? :p

This is not about story, this is about mechanics, about technical details, about gearing and progression rewards and crafting systems and auto-60s and server character caps. There's more to SWTOR than just story. Don't accuse someone else of having interests as narrow as yours. Am I excited for the story? Of course I am, but that is completely irrelevant. We've already gotten story information, enough until the drop date. What we haven't gotten is pretty much every other kind of information.

This isn't about patience, this is about standards. It's not a good thing to be the least communicative dev team in the MMO market.

I highly doubt they're hiding anything other than the lack of content.

Things Bioware is hiding:

Jimmie Hoffa's Body

Secretes of Area-51

JFK assassination

the 18-minutes of the Nixon tapes

The question to...42

all those missing socks.

The point is, they should be giving us solid information like they promised ("we'll be more transparent" :rolleyes:) but instead it appears they're the most opaque dev team in the industry, and for no reason.

Why?

You act like they have shared nothing with us so far. Which is completely untrue.

WHAT? What exactly is it that you simply must have and know before 4.0 goes live? Be specific, and stop throwing hand grenades.

Note: I am very curious to know as well. The difference is... I don't actually need to know. It does not affect my current game play. It will not affect my game play until it actually goes live. If I don't like what they did with 4.0.. I'll deal with it when the time comes.

I really think some folks just want information so they can perpetually criticize and deride their choices for how they expand THEIR MMO.

Edited by Andryah

So over the next seven weeks, it seems like there are about three more things they can showcase: (1) the new Abilities / Discipline perks each class will get with the new 5 levels; (2) the changes to Crew Skills / crafting; and (3) drilling down more into the (non-spoiler) mechanics of how this Alliance system is going to work.

Other than that, we already know that:

• They are Raising the level cap by 5
  • Nine Chapters of 'personal story' content will be released at launch with a new chapter a month starting early next year, continuing until we have all 16 Chapters of the current story arc
  • The story is not Class-based, all characters are "the Outlander" - player choices will make the story play out differently (example was shown of letting a city be destroyed to cover your escape vs saving the city)
  • Everyone gets one free new Level 60 character, additional insta-60s will probably be sold on the CM
  • They are looking to increase the number of character slots per-server.
  • They are looking into making Datacrons Legacy-wide
  • All Operations are being set to 65 and are available from 50-65 with a Bolster mechanic
  • Aim/Cunning/Strength/Willpower are all being replaced with a universal stat.
  • Group Finder will feature a different SM Op each day, and each week one highlighted HM Op will give increased rewards
  • Most Story Mode Flashpoints are being made into Tactical FPs and will be available from 10-65
  • Hard Mode Flashpoints are being set to 65 and are available from 50-65 with a Bolster mechanic
  • Black Talon, Esseles, Boarding Party, Taral V, Foundry, Maelstrom Prison, Battle of Ilum, and False Emperor FPs are getting new Solo Modes.
  • We will gain access to new Companions (including some from other Classes) throughout the new story, but you will still be able to summon your original companions while playing if you aren't interested in sticking to the story.
  • All companions can now fill all three roles, DPS, Tank, and Heals.
  • Companion gear is now purely cosmetic - their stats will be based on your character level and Presence rating only.

Yeah... they're really being so secretive at this point.:rolleyes:

You forgot...

Companion combat ability will be affected by affection (influence) level.

Weeklies are being reworked across planets.

I think KOTFE will be more of the same old SWTOR nothing terribly innovative maybe a little bit of the dumbing downs

I'm hoping for a couple new world bosses but fear wbs may be going the way of nim ops with the infrequency I see the monoliths being attempted. Basically, I agree with TUXs nothing to hide because there's nothing to show.

Isn't that like saying that if i watch a trailer for a movie, they showed the whole movie and that it will suck? :rak_03:

You go see movies after watching trailers that suck? That's really weird.

Edited by Monumenta

This is not about story, this is about mechanics, about technical details, about gearing and progression rewards and crafting systems and auto-60s and server character caps. There's more to SWTOR than just story. Don't accuse someone else of having interests as narrow as yours. Am I excited for the story? Of course I am, but that is completely irrelevant. We've already gotten story information, enough until the drop date. What we haven't gotten is pretty much every other kind of information.

This isn't about patience, this is about standards. It's not a good thing to be the least communicative dev team in the MMO market.

Good point , mate :) I know what you mean. I never thought about than, cuz Im a KOTOR fan and I dont care what are the mechanics. I`ll play this game till the end.

Why?

You act like they have shared nothing with us so far. Which is completely untrue.

WHAT? What exactly is it that you simply must have and know before 4.0 goes live? Be specific, and stop throwing hand grenades.

Uh, try "specifically everything a non-RPer needs to know"?

1. Detailed explanation of crafting and how companions factor into it.

2. Detailed explanation of PvE endgame changes. Which ops on which tiers, how will gearing work, etc.

3. Detailed explanation of gear / stat changes. RotHC and SoR both had significant impacts on stats; there's no reason to believe KotFE won't.

4. Detailed explanation of combat changes: we know combat is being "sped up" in some way. It'd be nice to know how, as it'll dramatically affect both PvE and PvP.

5. Detailed explanation of Auto-60s, whether they're per-server or per-account, whether the max character cap will be increased by 2 to compensate, etc.

6. Detailed explanation of PvP-related changes: gearing progression, stats, queuing tiers, etc.

7. Brief overview of the class changes coming for each class in KotFE.

2. Detailed explanation of PvE endgame changes. Which ops on which tiers, how will gearing work, etc.

3. Detailed explanation of gear / stat changes. RotHC and SoR both had significant impacts on stats; there's no reason to believe KotFE won't.

4. Detailed explanation of combat changes: we know combat is being "sped up" in some way. It'd be nice to know how, as it'll dramatically affect both PvE and PvP.

5. Detailed explanation of Auto-60s, whether they're per-server or per-account, whether the max character cap will be increased by 2 to compensate, etc.

6. Detailed explanation of PvP-related changes: gearing progression, stats, queuing tiers, etc.

And what would you do with that information if they gave it all to you today?

Decide whether or not to buy the expansion.

Oh, wait...

But in all seriousness... regardless of the information we receive, there will be four types of people respond:

1. The people who will defend the changes tooth and nail.

2. The people who will be optimistic / pessimistic but willing to try it.

3. The people who will think their feedback is the sole feedback deserving of response.

4. The people who will be negative for the sake of being negative and trolling.

Edited by azudelphi

So over the next seven weeks, it seems like there are about three more things they can showcase: (1) the new Abilities / Discipline perks each class will get with the new 5 levels; (2) the changes to Crew Skills / crafting; and (3) drilling down more into the (non-spoiler) mechanics of how this Alliance system is going to work.

Other than that, we already know that:

• They are Raising the level cap by 5
  • Nine Chapters of 'personal story' content will be released at launch with a new chapter a month starting early next year, continuing until we have all 16 Chapters of the current story arc
  • The story is not Class-based, all characters are "the Outlander" - player choices will make the story play out differently (example was shown of letting a city be destroyed to cover your escape vs saving the city)
  • Everyone gets one free new Level 60 character, additional insta-60s will probably be sold on the CM
  • They are looking to increase the number of character slots per-server.
  • They are looking into making Datacrons Legacy-wide
  • All Operations are being set to 65 and are available from 50-65 with a Bolster mechanic
  • Aim/Cunning/Strength/Willpower are all being replaced with a universal stat.
  • Group Finder will feature a different SM Op each day, and each week one highlighted HM Op will give increased rewards
  • Most Story Mode Flashpoints are being made into Tactical FPs and will be available from 10-65
  • Hard Mode Flashpoints are being set to 65 and are available from 50-65 with a Bolster mechanic
  • Black Talon, Esseles, Boarding Party, Taral V, Foundry, Maelstrom Prison, Battle of Ilum, and False Emperor FPs are getting new Solo Modes.
  • We will gain access to new Companions (including some from other Classes) throughout the new story, but you will still be able to summon your original companions while playing if you aren't interested in sticking to the story.
  • All companions can now fill all three roles, DPS, Tank, and Heals.
  • Companion gear is now purely cosmetic - their stats will be based on your character level and Presence rating only.

Yeah... they're really being so secretive at this point.:rolleyes:

• The most obvious piece of information about a story-expanding expansion (already happened with RotHC and SoR)
  • Story details.
  • Story details.
  • Assumptions and guesswork
  • Unfulfilled promises.
  • Unfulfilled promises.
  • Bare-bones PvE tidbit
  • Guesswork (or "illegally obtained" information) I'm pretty sure
  • Pretty much the system already in place -- also, queuing has essentially no effect on PvE progression.
  • Lowbie crap.
  • Flashpoint crap -- not a significant part of progression unless you're a scrub.
  • Story details. (yes, this change is because of story. I do like the change, but it's still story)
  • Story details.
  • Companion combat capabilities. (again, not part of any sort of endgame progression)
  • Companion combat capabilities. (again, not part of any sort of endgame progression)

Yeah, they really are being pretty secretive. Look at any other MMO on the market. No, those are not just words. Actually look at D3, actually look at WoW, look at the information the dev teams provide prior to content releases. We can only dream of transparency like that.

It simply does not matter what I would do with the information. The point is, they said they'd be more transparent, and they've been less transparent. The point is that there is so much they still haven't told us. They made a promise, and they haven't followed through on it, contrary to the accepted business practices of all their competition.

1. Detailed explanation of crafting and how companions factor into it. same way it does now companions get a generic boost much like treek and HK currently.

2. Detailed explanation of PvE endgame changes. Which ops on which tiers, how will gearing work, etc. all operations getting a boost to 65 with new mechanics there will be a boost in gear, the sepcifics are of no concert at this point as it doesnt' effect anything other than your curiosity.

3. Detailed explanation of gear / stat changes. RotHC and SoR both had significant impacts on stats; there's no reason to believe KotFE won't. Main stats are going away and replaced with Mastery, as well as tertiary stats getting reworked, again specifics wont matter until release. curiosity more than a must have

4. Detailed explanation of combat changes: we know combat is being "sped up" in some way. It'd be nice to know how, as it'll dramatically affect both PvE and PvP. and what exactly will you do with said information?

5. Detailed explanation of Auto-60s, whether they're per-server or per-account, whether the max character cap will be increased by 2 to compensate, etc.I believe it was per account and only get one free. I dont think they were planning on upping the char limits at this time.

6. Detailed explanation of PvP-related changes: gearing progression, stats, queuing tiers, etc. again what are you going to do with this information at this time? stats getting simplified, i suspect tiers will be much like they are now <max level and max level

7. Brief overview of the class changes coming for each class in KotFE. getting new skills and 5 new levels don't think they are planning any massive changes beyond what they've already done.

answers in red

Edited by DOHboy

Yeah, they really are being pretty secretive. Look at any other MMO on the market. No, those are not just words. Actually look at D3, actually look at WoW, look at the information the dev teams provide prior to content releases. We can only dream of transparency like that.

That "alleged" transparency some of you refer to in some other MMOs, particularly WoW, ----> that is pure marketing to try to hold a bored player base in between expacs that only drop every 2-3 years. Sounds like you love the CoolAid.

The thing is... it is an effective marketing ploy for some segments of the player base ... but it is dishonest in that they are simply using hand waving and promises to hold players who have consumed and are bored. Not everything they tell you a year in advance actually goes live and the do keep secrets (such as loss of flight mounts in WoW as a recent example).

Personally, while I am very curious as to the details of the expac... I don't actually need to know. They are not charging you $60 for the expac... it's free for subscribers and not available to non-subscribers.

answers in red

In other words, guesswork + information you're not supposed to have + "I don't know" + "Why does it matter"

My list was not directed at you, my list was directed at the devs. You're not a dev, you don't have the answers, so stop acting like it.

IF... IF.. they were asking you to pony up $60 for the expac.. I would agree with you. But they are not. It's free with your subscription (and the nonsubscribers get to suck and egg this time around, as many subscribers have asked for) so really... while you can be curious and want to know.. you actually do not need to know until you can actually play the expac. ;)

Learn the difference between "need" and "want". They are different, though some MMO players will never admit it.

• The most obvious piece of information about a story-expanding expansion (already happened with RotHC and SoR)
  • Story details.
  • Story details.
  • Assumptions and guesswork
  • Unfulfilled promises.
  • Unfulfilled promises.
  • Bare-bones PvE tidbit
  • Guesswork (or "illegally obtained" information) I'm pretty sure
  • Pretty much the system already in place -- also, queuing has essentially no effect on PvE progression.
  • Lowbie crap.
  • Flashpoint crap -- not a significant part of progression unless you're a scrub.
  • Story details. (yes, this change is because of story. I do like the change, but it's still story)
  • Story details.

Seems like your problem isn't that they're being 'secretive', if you're disregarding all the 'story details', 'lowbie crap', 'companion combat capabilities' and 'flashpoint crap' as irrelevant then it seems like your problem is that this expansion isn't the type of game you enjoy - because all of the 'crap' is what this expansion is.

Tough break, good thing there are plenty of end-game oriented MMOs out there for you.

Edited by DarthDymond

The thing is... it is an effective marketing ploy for some segments of the player base ... but it is dishonest in that they are simply using hand waving and promises to hold players who have consumed and are bored. Not everything they tell you a year in advance actually goes live and the do keep secrets (such as loss of flight mounts in WoW as a recent example).

How is this any different than what Bioware does?

• "better than cross server"

• "PvP team is busy as ever"

• "As we get closer we'll tell you more"

• "More info during Gamerscon"

• "We'll start new Ops as soon as FE drops"

Isn't that exactly the same thing...hand waving and promises to hold a bored base?