Returning player, NOT HAPPY ABOUT 12x XP

DeathStarPlumber

Just think, its a US holiday weekend so we get an extra day of "weekend insanity" after today.

(If Bioware takes a month off for christmas im sure they observe every other "holiday" they can as well ;))

Inflamatory thread making trolls are out in force this weekend.

Erm....what US holiday?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think, its a US holiday weekend so we get an extra day of "weekend insanity" after today.

(If Bioware takes a month off for christmas im sure they observe every other "holiday" they can as well ;))

Inflamatory thread making trolls are out in force this weekend.

labor day is next weekend.. you still need to go to work on Monday.

Really 12x XP on story quests? So basically you have eliminated all questing on every planet? Why would anyone want to lvl a toon to max lvl in one day? How could you possibly become a skilled player with a new class in ONE day? I have never seen any MMO use this strategy before and it is very disappointing. I wont be resubbing, THX FOR RUINING THE GAME

since you already got advice on how to turn it off

1. there are people who can play the same class for months, and still be bad at it (and given how much I suck at sentinels or melee in general? I'm one of those people, and I leveled mine at launch)

2. 12xp is great for leveling alts. its fabulous for seeing variations in class stories, trying options you haven't tried before, without interruptions and without taking so much time, you don't have time for anything else.

I've played this game off and on since it came out. I enjoy having the option of the 12X. I rerolling all 8 classes, and to repeat the planetary quests for all 8 is tedious at best. I'm also enjoying the storylines for each class much better than the first time I played them. No interruptions of menial quests.to get in my way.

As someone who'd level at least 4 classes without extra XP, I can assure you, it becomes nice to just level through story line quests, when the side quests aren't that great.

While I haven't done it on the last few, I'd also run planet story quests as I went through the planets. The side quests don't really add much.

Really 12x XP on story quests? So basically you have eliminated all questing on every planet? Why would anyone want to lvl a toon to max lvl in one day? How could you possibly become a skilled player with a new class in ONE day? I have never seen any MMO use this strategy before and it is very disappointing. I wont be resubbing, THX FOR RUINING THE GAME
I am not one who likes the 12x either, so I do have an understanding of where you are coming form.

There are some points that needs to be mentioned.

1. There is a Gree alien in the combat training area on Fleet that you can get a way to turn off the 12x and it is free.

2. The 12x will be ending on October 19th the day early access to KotFE launches.

3. There are a great deal of games that do many kinds of fast leveling, from massive exp. boosts to a just skip it all and go to max level. So I am not sure why this is something you haven't seen before.

While I can relate to your concerns OP you assume too much. The 12xp is not a personal attack on you by the game designers.

Why would anyone want to level a toon to max in one day? Because there are people here that have been playing tis game for years that want to try a new toon, get it leveled quickly without the side planet quests and take it to endgame while still taking part in the character story.

The matter of you not seeing this in any MMO before is anecdotal. But I will say that WoW does offer a level 90 boost for a nominal fee so one may enjoy current content and endgame faster.

I am sorry this ruined the game for you and you wont be resubbing. It is avoidable though by an in game process. On another purely anecdotal point I have the impression that the 12xp class boost is pretty popular.

As far as knowing ones class, well the class quests are actually harder than the side/planetary quests as a whole. Holding 12xp to player ineptitude is a reach at best when there are a myriad of other factors to consider.

Hope you change your mind about being a sub as this is a pretty damn good game if you ask me.

Cheers!

Hey *******, take 2 seconds to look up this "white acute module" from an gree vendor at fleet for 0 Credits thing does,,, Just take your time now,,, then come back here and post in this thread,,, take your time now,,, Freaking WoW kids so impatient... :rolleyes:

NOTE: By the way you wont get anywhere near leveling to max level in one day idiot... Just cant happen..

Edited by Legolose

Hey *******, take 2 seconds to look up this "white acute module" from an gree vendor at fleet for 0 Credits thing does,,, Just take your time now,,, then come back here and post in this thread,,, take your time now,,, Freaking WoW kids so impatient... :rolleyes:

NOTE: By the way you wont get anywhere near leveling to max level in one day idiot... Just cant happen..

1-55 in 7 hours

Actually I use the 12XP and level doing all the quests. Remember that you aren't getting 12XP for all quests just the story line quests. What this does is give me tons of commendations and millions in credits. Also, since eventually you end up just getting 6XP from most non-story quests, your leveling will cap out at about 4 or 5 levels above the planets recommended starting level.

Over-leveling a planets MOB's allows someone to really experiment with different AC's and rotations without being obliterated for making a mistake. It's a great way to learn your class inside and out.

As a returning player a month ago I loved 12x xp but they didn't adjust the crafting time and percentage for a piece of gear to become blue or purple. Not an issue for a returning player because I had 7 toons and was able to gear up throughout the game only needing to learn the schematics for everything past level 55. Even with the basic com boost I can't imagine how new players are keeping geared up or having crafting items match their level.

Ah, school doesnt start til tuesdao i figured that monday was the holiday, thats how i keep track of holidays, kids off school for some reason? Must be a holiday of some sort! :D

usually first monday is used for teachers getting their classes ready, last minute changes, meetings orientation etc. usually just for the teachers and then students report the next day.

with my classes tuesday/thursday where slightlly different scheduled than mwf so they used tuesday as an off day to account for first day meetings, etc. then start with a wednesday which then acts like a monday and kicks off a normal schedule day.

granted that was 20 yeas ago for hs college was just its own beast with tuesdays being lab days and used for orientation and wednesday the first day of full classes.

As a returning player a month ago I loved 12x xp but they didn't adjust the crafting time and percentage for a piece of gear to become blue or purple. Not an issue for a returning player because I had 7 toons and was able to gear up throughout the game only needing to learn the schematics for everything past level 55. Even with the basic com boost I can't imagine how new players are keeping geared up or having crafting items match their level.

Just because you can level fast doesn't mean you must level fast. Level at a pace that you can maintain.

For gearing, if you can't maintain your armor through crafting, you receive plenty of commendations to upgrade along the way. Most class quests pay 12 commendations if you choose that option. i.e. you can totally upgrade your armor every 4 to 5 class quests. How much easier do they need to make it?

Edited by LadyVix

Had you cared about leveling, you would have been an existing player while 12xXP wasn't available....and you tantrum here about how OTHER people level, is comical...I could have guessed you were quitting again before you typed it.

And you have the ability to deactivate it...for free even. You learn nothing of your class until you hit the 50's and get your end game moves...until then, it's all filler moves. People learn by playing, not grinding mindlessly stupid mobs over and over that you can defeat with a default attack lol.

For gearing, if you can't maintain your armor through crafting, you receive plenty of commendations to upgrade along the way. Most class quests pay 12 commendations if you choose that option. i.e. you can totally upgrade your armor every 4 to 5 class quests. How much easier do they need to make it?

THIS!!! ^^

I've been leveling a new toon this weekend - like you said, I've had zero issue with gear. I'm picking comms every chance I get and I've been very well geared, updating only every 8-10 levels.

Blah blah blah blah...don't let the door hit you on the way out. The event has be going on ALL summer, and YOU coming in at the end with tha same b.s. argument cats had before it started..... GGTFOH :rolleyes:

Mods please close the thread this online bullying & harrasment is really not necessary... Question was answered Thank you!

Lol, you trash BioWare in your first post and tell them that they ruined the game and that you are unsubbing... And you then expect them to do something nice for you to stop the "cyber bullying".

LMAO.

Seriously OP. Learn to Google.

Also, people who level to max level in one day are probably less of a scrub than you.

GGs.

Despite the cyber harassment & online bullying that has been allowed to continue for over 8 pages at least one thing was achieved from this thread.... THIS COMMUNITY HAS TRULY GONE DOWN HILL, The amount of venom that was spewed at me should serve as a warning to any new players exactly what kind of community is currently playing this game....

Despite the cyber harassment & online bullying that has been allowed to continue for over 8 pages at least one thing was achieved from this thread.... THIS COMMUNITY HAS TRULY GONE DOWN HILL, The amount of venom that was spewed at me should serve as a warning to any new players exactly what kind of community is currently playing this game....

To be fair, you started out quite confrontational and ill mannered yourself:

I wont be resubbing, THX FOR RUINING THE GAME

Those aren't reasonable words or even a reasonable complaint...that was just a rant. What did you expect from people who actively play the game to say to you? Your quitting...you made it clear from the start...did you want us to beg you to stay so you could complain about other things you've missed while not playing the game?

Tip: Don't launch into a ranty diatribe against the devs, especially when you are completely in the wrong here (as has been explained to you by numerous people)... AND expect everyone to worship at your feet.

Tip: Don't then double down on your rhetoric and claim you are being somehow treated unfairly by other forum members for responding to you and explaining the error of your ways.

Tip: don't play victim, multiple times, in an internet forum.

Here.. let me rephrase all that for you, via analogy: Don't pick a fight, then lean into the punch, get knocked down fairly and squarely, and then try to appeal to the referee to fix your boo boo.

Edited by Andryah