August Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

No they will not. Now all Companions will simply just be better at Crew Skills the higher their Influence is.

So what happens to crafting bonuses from the ship droid parts? Deleted or replaced with something that will work in a new system? Legacy perks to crafting bonuses will remain as they are?

Edited by PavSalco

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what happens to crafting bonuses from the ship droid parts? Deleted or replaced with something that will work in a new system? Legacy perks to crafting bonuses will remain as they are?

legacy perks only gave you +% chance to crit, dont think that would change.

Eric, players should not know anything about this new stat "Influence" for which you speak...unless they were doing some data mining. Can you please elaborate? What is it? How do you raise it?

Maybe he just forgot which information he was helping to withhold. At least now we have more of a reason to believe that the information provided to us by outside sources has been properly presented.

presence is a worthless stat and hate when it costs me stats from other gear, especially when RE and created item and it pops with presence instead of adding to an actual useful stat that people will actually use.

doing anything other than HM flashpoints solo, its pretty much send in companion and sit back and watch.

First, Presence is not worthless, especially now that we can't gear up our companions. Having 1000 presence adds about 5000 hit points to your companion, plus more damage and healing.

As far as costing you other stats, you clearly did not read my suggestion properly.

Will some companions just be inherently better at certain roles? For example, Bowdaar right now in pre 4.0 is a tank... will he be a better tank in 4.0 than dps or healer?

Also, will we be given the option to switch weapon choices for our companions? I can't see Bowdaar or Vik healing us with their techblades and vibroswords, lol. It would be pretty cool to equip Bowdaar with a wookie crossbow and Vik a rifle.

First, Presence is not worthless, especially now that we can't gear up our companions. Having 1000 presence adds about 5000 hit points to your companion, plus more damage and healing.

As far as costing you other stats, you clearly did not read my suggestion properly.

I would never purposefully stack presence, nor want it added to gear. If they want companions to be more powerful they can add it into the curves for leveling. 5000 hp is roughly 10% at max level and at this stage is about a 1 hit from a boss.

Its a tertiary stat at best (or below) if it was removed, I doubt anyone would notice if it was replaced as part of the leveling curves.

• Dev Post
Eric, players should not know anything about this new stat "Influence" for which you speak...unless they were doing some data mining. Can you please elaborate? What is it? How do you raise it?

Hey Kurin,

Some keen eyed viewers noticed this as a part of our Livestream last night, that is why I made the switch in reference from affection. Also as a reminder, let's all be careful on the forums when referencing datamined content. :rak_03:

Influence in simple terms, is affection under a different name. There were some system reasons why we made the name change but ultimately it functions in largely the same way. We will likely talk more about Influence when we talk about your Character's Alliance.

-eric

With as much detail as is allowed, will this alliance operate out of our class ships or are we going to be allocated a new base or ship of operations? Perhaps a NRM-DY Class Light-Cruiser?

It's my "theory" we're getting a new ship named the Lady of Sorrows.

1. How many companions are we going to be allowed to have on us under our companion summoning? Right now we're allowed 8 companions, 5 original, 1 ship droid, Treek and HK. Will we be allowed to have more? Say our original 8 plus let's say 5 more? What is the max we'll be allowed to have?

2. Will our companions be wearing the armor we gave them when we meet them again, or will it be default clothing you guys decided on?

3. Will our character/companion flags actually work properly this time? Because during SoR's intro scenes, the Imperial side was broken while the Republic side worked.

I know this is a silly question, but will the in-combat dialogue for our companions change depending on the role they're in? Having Kira stand behind me while healing and saying "Eat lightsaber jerk" would be like P-Diddy standing behind Notorious B.I.G while saying "Take that! Take that!". It's just annoying.

More specific please, next week, 2 days before expansion launch? Community ain't handling soons/futures/whens well anymore :p

id almost rather they state no time frame. they dont stick to them often anyway and then everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

Just say, we plan to talk about X. *end of sentence*

No they will not. Now all Companions will simply just be better at Crew Skills the higher their Influence is.

Doesn't this mean we will have to pick dialogue options our companions favor in order to get proper crafting bonuses although we don't want to pick those dialogue options ?

Doesn't this mean we will have to pick dialogue options our companions favor in order to get proper crafting bonuses although we don't want to pick those dialogue options ?

No. As has always been the case, you can pick the dialogue option you want, then boost Influence with companion gifts (assuming they still exist).

One added note for the second bullet (I have seen this asked as well) Influence will also add to a Companions combat effectiveness.

I'm glad you finally gave us a solid example of how "choice will matter", since many people don't consider 'slightly different dialog' as meaningful impact. After all, we've had that since launch. What we need most is to know that you're following through on your promises for KotFE. Remember, we were promised meaningful choice in the beginning. We were promised a lot of things which really didn't happen in the way they should have (or in some cases, at all).

The biggest thing you can do right now is, instead of telling us that choice matters in KotFE, showing us how it matters. And, in the quoted text, you've taken a great first step. I don't want to sound greedy or unappreciative so I won't say "we need more", I'll just say.... more of this detailed information would be terrific :)

Edited by idnewton

I know this is a silly question, but will the in-combat dialogue for our companions change depending on the role they're in? Having Kira stand behind me while healing and saying "Eat lightsaber jerk" would be like P-Diddy standing behind Notorious B.I.G while saying "Take that! Take that!". It's just annoying.

I seriously doubt they thought of that or care if they had. You'll have to pretend she's talking about your lightsaber now. :D

Edited by RAVM

Ok, good I got a answer to the question if the influence basicly is the same as affection.

I guess our companions we have now and already have max affection with starts with max influence even in the expansion. Makes the choice easier to make if we can choose companions in the expansion :tran_wink:

Bringing up 16 characters with max influence companions will be a bit much so I guess it can be a good idea.

Edited by Icestar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.