August Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

BUMP

*******BIG NON SPOILER QUESTION*********

Without Spoiling Is the choices we make just important to affect companions or are you going to give us what we want which is we don't want to have to fight against the Emperor and instead can you give us the choice to join him for real!

**not just upset a companion or few people because we want to play our character roles real and be evil not just agressive or sturborn!**

We are tired or being the good guys despite the companion consequences, Id kill em all if I had to to join the Emperor!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=829482

Bump

Please respond to above post Dev just to prove you read this stuff!!!! and you are aware of the question/want

Don't have to awnser per say with spoiler or non spoiler!

How the heck is telling us if we can join up with Eternal Empire not a spoiler?

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q One of the major values of Treek is she is a tank who can heal herself. I was wondering if she would still be able to do this? It is one of the great appeals to leveling with a dps with her.

On the stream, Lana looked like a DPS who healed EADEMO character. So there might be some bleedthrough

For clarity's sake

Question one was to meet and or recruit other companions that are not class specific and the answer was yes - is the reply for both choices?

I mean my smuggler runs into Vette and since they are both twilek's my smuggler is instantly attracted to her can he recruit her the as a companion?

Or if it just by faction then can my warrior meet and recruit Risha etc?

Question: Does the existing character affection we have carry over to KotFE or give a higher starting point of influence if/when we try to get them back?

Yup, the existing affection you have will carry over into Fallen Empire

I would like some clarification on influence and how that works exactly. Is that something that can be addressed as part of this companion discussion or is there going to be more information released over the next few weeks? I'm almost certain it hasn't been explained anywhere (though let's face it, between the complaining, assumptions, off-topic comments and misinformation in this thread alone, it would be easy to miss :().

I can see in the above answer the second part of the question hasn't been addressed. That is, how affection and influence relate.

Like many I've been taking advantage of the 12xp. Excessively so. I don't have the motivation at this point to max out affection on every single one of my companions on my new 12xp characters. Some clarification with respect to how the affection and influence systems relate would be welcome but my request is intentionally open-ended as the function of influence as a new gameplay feature is (I assume) a much larger topic.

Edited by Ceinwyn

For clarity's sake

Question one was to meet and or recruit other companions that are not class specific and the answer was yes - is the reply for both choices?

I mean my smuggler runs into Vette and since they are both twilek's my smuggler is instantly attracted to her can he recruit her the as a companion?

Or if it just by faction then can my warrior meet and recruit Risha etc?

It doesn't even look like we can recruit our own respective team, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about recruiting from another class. The devs said we can summon our current companions outside of the story, essentially pets.

A few questions sure other have asked these as well.

Companions.

Without saying about any individual old companion. You said that we will meet with old companions and even meet companions from other class's but can we gain companions from other class's that we can keep to join us on our quests or in dailies, Flashpoints and such.

When we meet any of our old companions after the 5 year freeze will any of them look different as in hair styles to represent the time gap at all.

I am assuming that Kira that was seen in the livestream was just before the freeze.

Gear.

I have over many severs loads of artefact gear for many levels that have been crafted, brought with basic comms and brought of GTN for alts in my legacy banks. Plus also have many in my guild bank as well for alts and guild members. Ok understand I am not losing this in banks. Question is though is any of it going to still be useable after the xpac go's live? Or should I just get rid of it by selling it to venders. I guess this apples to all gear not just purple gear.

Please note I am not interested in any of it for its cosmetic look, I have cartel items for that. I only keep it for its stats. if that no longer has value as cunning, strength and all stats are going is it worth keeping.

Thanks.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

It doesn't even look like we can recruit our own respective team, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about recruiting from another class. The devs said we can summon our current companions outside of the story, essentially pets.

They have confirmed you can recruit from other classes, weather or not that includes everyone i don't know, though it does look like T7 will be included with all. Theirs a question someone asked [ Can we recruit from other classes] they said yes.

I think what they intend is just u can use ur current companions initally like if kira comes back later, but because ur a jerk she leaves.. your most likely lose her on the companion list.

The person made it exact....Eric had no reason to ask for clarification. Is there going to be Conversation quests? It was a simple question.

The problem is it is a stupid question. It is not an actual question, because anyone with half a brain can reason out that the non-story companion will have no dialogue, being, you know, a non-story companion and not, let's say, a story companion.

The question was asked to grind an axe about a change someone may not agree with. That is fine, you don't actually have to play the game if your panties are so wadded.

Now that gear for companions is for aesthetics only, is it possible that we can get the old green starter gear back for them somehow? I know I have a few companions that came with gear that really fit their character, but because it was green it has since been vendored. Some of these it's especially hard to find appropriate gear for. For example, Lord Scourge. It's really not possible to recreate his original look because any gear that looks like that is restricted to the Imp side.

This. Please stick all the original companion gear on a vendor somewhere. I would love Scourge to have his original look back but that gear got sold years ago when I no longer had storage space for it :(

This. Please stick all the original companion gear on a vendor somewhere. I would love Scourge to have his original look back but that gear got sold years ago when I no longer had storage space for it :(

It seems there is hope, I think this will be passed on to the team creating the expansion :tran_smile:

They have confirmed you can recruit from other classes, weather or not that includes everyone i don't know, though it does look like T7 will be included with all. Theirs a question someone asked [ Can we recruit from other classes] they said yes.

I think what they intend is just u can use ur current companions initally like if kira comes back later, but because ur a jerk she leaves.. your most likely lose her on the companion list.

Yes, you can likely recruit a companion "pet" as I said above. Given that all classes are now wrapped up into this zoolander, that's a no brainer. The problem is, you can't recruit them. According to the devs they aren't part of the story, just there so people won't "lose" them. They exist solely outside of KoTFE, reread what they said.

The problem is it is a stupid question. It is not an actual question, because anyone with half a brain can reason out that the non-story companion will have no dialogue, being, you know, a non-story companion and not, let's say, a story companion.

The question was asked to grind an axe about a change someone may not agree with. That is fine, you don't actually have to play the game if your panties are so wadded.

It wasn't a stupid question, we had a crew we invested time, and money for gifts in order to progress their individual stories. Many of us would like to know if that was all a waste, because it seems they are being given the ME2 treatment as far as abandoning your old team goes. But I'm sure they'll come up with some convincing reasons why companion x can't join you. These random npcs at <insert location name here> can't survive without the help of companion x, and therefore they can't join you. Typical Bioware lazy writing. :rolleyes:

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I would like some clarification on influence and how that works exactly. Is that something that can be addressed as part of this companion discussion or is there going to be more information released over the next few weeks? I'm almost certain it hasn't been explained anywhere (though let's face it, between the complaining, assumptions, off-topic comments and misinformation in this thread alone, it would be easy to miss :().

I can see in the above answer the second part of the question hasn't been addressed. That is, how affection and influence relate.

Like many I've been taking advantage of the 12xp. Excessively so. I don't have the motivation at this point to max out affection on every single one of my companions on my new 12xp characters. Some clarification with respect to how the affection and influence systems relate would be welcome but my request is intentionally open-ended as the function of influence as a new gameplay feature is (I assume) a much larger topic.

Indeed that is one of the reasons I asked as the "conversion" from affection to influence may not be 1:1 and may only give you a head start influence wise like 50% etc (possibly explained away by you have been gone for 5 years) above characters you have never met/those recruit able from other characters vanilla storylines.

You would expect some element of grind in the influence system at some point to help the game seem longer initially so I wouldn't expect that your previous companions would have full existing influence as followers, it's not a major question but one they could answer without spoilers.

Edited by -Sullster-

You aren't sacrificing anything though. There never was flexibility in speccing a companion. They had their gear that was designed for them. Period. There wasn't anything else. You might have thought putting them in gear that had presence on it to be funny, but that doesn't mean it was useful. So no, there wasn't flexibility.

Yeah there was. I preferred stacking expertise on them because it's very practical for PVP servers. No mention of if/how that's being addressed.

Edited by Joesixxpack

It wasn't a stupid question, we had a crew we invested time, and money for gifts in order to progress their individual stories. Many of us would like to know if that was all a waste, because it seems they are being given the ME2 treatment as far as abandoning your old team goes.

Did you use them at all in the past 3 years? Then it wasn't a waste.

But I'm sure they'll come up with some convincing reasons why companion x can't join you. These random npcs at <insert location name here> can't survive without the help of companion x, and therefore they can't join you. Typical Bioware lazy writing. :rolleyes:

Yet here you are. :rolleyes:

Accedentaly posted this on wrong thread (sorry) but here it is hopefully at the right one!

Question 1:

will the companions new/old gain new abileties to their original skill trees/roles?

Question 2:

Will we ever gain the abiletiy to have more than 1 companion deployed at a time like in KOTOR 1 and 2?

Question 3:

will our choices (mostly dark and light in this case) affect our companions? lets say i made jaesa dark will she keep on beeing dark or can i turn her back etc?

Question 4:

will my light/dark side choices for my companion affect their preformance in any way? lets say my jaesa is light will her healing powers be light side too or will they be dark? (animation wise)

lets say i made jaesa dark will she keep on beeing dark or can i turn her back etc?

You don't "make" Jaesa light or dark, you choose which version of Jaesa you get. I'm pretty sure in terms of the game's inner workings, LS Jaesa and DS Jaesa are two completely different companions. You can see the result of that with her appearance customizations: one set for dark Jaesa, one set for light Jaesa. So to "change her back" would be like swapping her out for an entirely different companion.

Is it possible that you guys make it that while u play on diffrent character u can make decorations of the other chars of your self like u did with companions u place them ect en when u play on them they just get a holocrone would look cooler due the famly tree kinda like they meet each other

Is it possible that you guys make it that while u play on diffrent character u can make decorations of the other chars of your self like u did with companions u place them ect en when u play on them they just get a holocrone would look cooler due the famly tree kinda like they meet each other

alt char decorations have been asked before, not likely to happen.

not many people have holograms (not holocron) of themselves in their homes. well maybe Kim Jug Um...and Obama. but other than those two.

Edited by DOHboy

So you mean like; I have 4 characters they are all brothers in my family tree. When I am playing as one of them it'd be awesome to be able to see the other 3 at my Stronghold! It'd also be nice to make all the comps on display at our holds to not be blue holos, just render them normally.

Haha this or something along this line would be awesome!

Questions 1) With the new worlds, time and companions all of which don't cross into the existing worlds, time or companions is this a separate game? It seems like this could be sold as a dlc set in a dream or alternative reality rather than an expansion to the existing game.

2) Why did the development team offer 192 companion only gear as rewards from shadow of revan only to make it worthless in the next expansion and first opportunity to put it to use outside of running dailies is to make it worthless? It feels like dumbing down of companion gear was not planned and done because it was easier not because it added any depth to the game.

3) Why wasn't Nico flying the shuttle to pick Lana and the Guardian up? Is Nico and all the old companions relegated to pets without any role in the new expansion? If this is the case why keep them companions if they work as nothing better than reskined HK55 or Treek who add so little to the experience.

4) You mention you will be returning ear pieces that can no longer be worn by companions in 4.0? As having an earpiece/implant/most mods, armouring, enhancements hilts and barrels purchased for a companion will be useful to the companion and not the player. So having it returned is not going to be able to put it to use.