Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As you can see, while leveling your character, and when your character reaches level 65, there is a whole Galaxy out there available to you."

So, for people who plays SWTOR since release there won't be anything really new, exept a bit of storyline. Who needs to complete Explosive Conflicts after doing it million times during these years?

"As you can see, while leveling your character, and when your character reaches level 65, there is a whole Galaxy out there available to you."

So, for people who plays SWTOR since release there won't be anything really new, exept a bit of storyline. Who needs to complete Explosive Conflicts after doing it million times during these years?

Think about this, you can teach new generations how to play properly, you can explain each fight again before starting it and also you can give them some useful tips!

Edited by psikofunkster

You are correct.

Story is the only new thing going unless you count that new grind created from 4 year old heroics with Down leveling so you can grind to get back companions that were taken away from you in the alliance "Lets do all the old content again" system.

Short lived story is the bulk of this.

The rest is do what you have been doing from 1 to 4 years ago. Their trying to make it look new with down leveling but that mechanic isn't interesting or changes enough to get excited about to make the age of that content interesting except if you're new.

If you're a new gamer to SWTOR, well this patch is all for you. The rest (people who have been here and run the end game group content) you'll just have to wait till 2016 for any hope of getting anything besides the short story.

You'd be surprised how many people will fail at the years-old mechanics. You'll probably be one of them :D Gear and levels have given players the illusion that they've improved. Many have not. As someone who hates pretense and unwarranted ego and gloating noobs, I will find 4.0's General Chat to be a fantastically entertaining show, watching these "tough, seasoned, hardcore raiders" rage at old mechanics.

Am I saying all raiders who think they're good are not? Of course not -- what a stupid statement that would be. There are good players. But the "champions" of casual guilds are going to realize they're not anything special, and it's going to be hilarious to watch. I've made it a habit any time a big Game Update rolls around (especially an expansion) to turn off my General/PvP/Trade on all characters. This time around will be the exception. I'm going to have a blast watching the fake pros rage and whine and beg BW to nerf the ops.

Now, will the ops need to be nerfed when they're released? Oh, I'm sure they will. I'm sure Bioware will fail horribly at balancing the operations to 65, as they always have. However, I think that if the operations are as difficult as they once were to the gear and level available, a lot of players will cry and complain and beg them to be nerfed anyway.

Edited by idnewton

Well George Smith, you need to give up your job because pretty much all of the changes you have made are terrible. Flashpoints are now beyond tedious. Tactical flashpoints, when you get just dps, which is quite often, are like hm flashpoints with no healers and tanks, making the game pretty unbearable and no fun to play at all. Getting through each mob by the skin of you teeth the entire flashpoint is horrible. Then there's the fact that you make less credits from slicing lockboxes, from your kills (dailies and from fps, probably ops too but not tried yet) ect...yet repair bills are just as horrible high, which is equally bad because of the amount you will have to repair due to the insanely difficult tactical fps and hm fps I mentioned earlier. People have lost items which were in their inventory, and not to mention losing crafting schematics, items ect only to find you have to pay to learn most of them....AGAIN!

No new fps or ops..nothing new at all? really? I have put alot of money and time into swtor as have others, and what do we get for all of it.....PSSSHH You can at least have the decency to sort the flashpoints out, you owe us that!! I think the amount of credits from kills and lockboxes should go back to how they were, if not then the cost of repairs need to be substantially lowered. Of course im sure some people will stick up for the changes you have made, but I know alot of people who like me...WONT!!

Well George Smith, you need to give up your job because pretty much all of the changes you have made are terrible. Flashpoints are now beyond tedious. Tactical flashpoints, when you get just dps, which is quite often, are like hm flashpoints with no healers and tanks, making the game pretty unbearable and no fun to play at all. Getting through each mob by the skin of you teeth the entire flashpoint is horrible. Then there's the fact that you make less credits from slicing lockboxes, from your kills (dailies and from fps, probably ops too but not tried yet) ect...yet repair bills are just as horrible high, which is equally bad because of the amount you will have to repair due to the insanely difficult tactical fps and hm fps I mentioned earlier. People have lost items which were in their inventory, and not to mention losing crafting schematics, items ect only to find you have to pay to learn most of them....AGAIN!

No new fps or ops..nothing new at all? really? I have put alot of money and time into swtor as have others, and what do we get for all of it.....PSSSHH You can at least have the decency to sort the flashpoints out, you owe us that!! I think the amount of credits from kills and lockboxes should go back to how they were, if not then the cost of repairs need to be substantially lowered. Of course im sure some people will stick up for the changes you have made, but I know alot of people who like me...WONT!!

Actually the Star Fortresses are technically FPs.

Tactical flashpoints, when you get just dps, which is quite often, are like hm flashpoints with no healers and tanks, making the game pretty unbearable and no fun to play at all. Getting through each mob by the skin of you teeth the entire flashpoint is horrible.

I tried a tactical FP (Cademimu-1st time in years) yesterday. 4 DPS, and we had to quit because it was impossible to do. I had hoped last night's emergency update would sort it, but evidently not. This sucks.

So...yah...I appreciate that the story-necessary FPs are soloable now, but one of my joys in terms of story was soloing through the stories, including the (now) not soloable FPs, like Athiss. I'd wait until I was slightly overleveled for it, then run it with a companion for the story. It's how I like to play. Others don't.

So, interestingly, it seems like they annoyed everyone with these changes. The MMOers now have a ridiculously hard FP, and the soloers who wanted to wait, can't do some FPs any longer.

Been a sub for the better part of the game's life, and am a Founder, and a Legendary Player, and really having a tough time with a lot of these changes...some I get, others I think we were really misguided.

In terms of new story, also have to say that I'm not crazy about the...

...JJ Abrams style "let's blow up Vulcan to reset the world" frozen in carbonite device. Sheesh, deus ex machina much, Bioware writing team?

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, given that at the time of this writing there's 106 pages, but I am curious on how much of an affect the story Flashpoint replays will be on the Fallen Empire content. Example is I heard from a friend that your choices in Black Talon will be covered in Fallen Empire. But what choices are used? Your most recent run through of the Flashpoint or your very first run through, which for me was way back in the original Early Access.

For some Flashpoints, such as the Revan ones, where you have a non-repeatable story section before, between and after the Flashpoint, Taral V/Maelstrom and Boarding/Foundry as examples, I can understand the choices we make in those conversations being permanent but for Esseles/Talon how do those choices work given there's no non-repeatable section of those so any choices you make one run you can changed on your next run.

Anyone got any ideas? Because I'm laying off doing the Fallen Empire content until I've made sure all my characters have done all of the story content so I don't miss anything.

Edited by Yalc

All in all I have to say "Well done BW." Yes, I cannot believe it either. I was very apprehensive to start with pre patch after reading all the forum blurb and the wait prior to patch nearly destroyed my guild, BUT by god it must have been one of your best roll outs ever (BW). Which I'll give you a thumbs up for. As for FP's, Bolster, solo mode & level sync; I gave up on FP's a long time ago and don't see any reason to go back unless levelling a new toon calls for it. Bolster; I can see the need for it, but presently it is still too much of a mark-up, same goes for companions and both need tuning down slightly. Level sync; not tried it yet but I can see its purpose.

And finally Operations; What a bl00dy joke! The first night I didn't notice it, but after a weeks' worth of SM, cos like we need the gear don't we B4 we try HM, I'm already resigned to the fact they are a complete face-roll and I cannot take them anymore. And now I have just completed an HM Op and *&&^% me this was a walkover too. BW, I congratulate you on the new story, but Ops are soon going to be a distant past!

This isn't looking great for progression raiders :(
They should have released this expansion as a separate 'KOTOR 3: The Fallen Empire' title with a soloable multiplayer Heroic+2 end game imho. If TOR's current direction is any indication, true MMOs appear to be a dying breed ... Edited by GalacticKegger

They should have released this expansion as a separate 'KOTOR 3: The Fallen Empire' title with a soloable multiplayer Heroic+2 end game imho. If TOR's current direction is any indication, true MMOs appear to be a dying breed ...

True MMO what does that even mean anymore. I played EQ from 99 to 2006 , played WoW ( what i assume you mean by true mmo) during vanilla and up untill they killed 40 man raids. and later with friends but it was always booring and casual and i wont waste time on why i hate wow.

But a true mmo ? Nothing hard exists anymore period. Modern raids are 8 or 16 man or 15 mans or 10 and 20 mans ext ext blah blah boring. They all have a youtube video you can watch, they are all instanced so you dont have to compete with other guilds anymore. Everything that made MMO epic and immersive on a multiplayer level is almost gone from the genre. If you mean that mmo have been dead since wow killed 40 mans and the rise of almost purely instanced raid content has permeated the market fine . but if you mean the casualization and lack of new raids in swtor or other modern mmos killed it, well its been dead for a long time my friend.

Bad game is bad.

Welcome back to the game you quit after less than two months. I'm sorry you feel like you wasted $15 on a subscription, but the fault is yours. Venting your frustrations to a population of paying customers is like casting your fishing net into a sea of sand. You have the right to fish in the desert if you so choose. Go for it. However, don't expect to catch anything satisfactory.

• 4 weeks later...
So options for those that like to overlevel a FP and come back and steamroll it?

None. You'll do it BW's way or quit. FP or heroics.

Thats your options. The terrible down leveling system BW created is a forced feature and you cannot escape it, turn it off or get around it.

Hope you enjoy it because you have no choice other than to not play.

So options for those that like to overlevel a FP and come back and steamroll it?

The flashpoints I used to do that on now have solo modes. I don't need to overlevel them anymore. I can do them as I level, and my presence/legacy is so high I still steamroll thru them. I thought I'd hate lvl sync, but I've found that I barely notice it.

The flashpoints I used to do that on now have solo modes. I don't need to overlevel them anymore. I can do them as I level, and my presence/legacy is so high I still steamroll thru them. I thought I'd hate lvl sync, but I've found that I barely notice it.

That's not the same thing, you're forced to be synced down and can't steamroll it.

• 7 months later...